• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One launch title download sizes

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
when they put out the update which isn't part of the day one patch no? but you probably won't get near filled by the time it is out anyways.

Is that being added later? That's a shame but yeah, I won't fill up 500GB for a while and speaking personally it's not an issue since I have a 60Gb connection with no cap so I can always delete and redownload games if I really need space.

Lima

They need to get that patch for external storage out pronto. I will probably fill that thing up in the first two months.

Has he said how much space was on his HDD at startup?

How much space was taken up from the jump? 20GB? 50GB?

Even on the PS3 my 80GB HDD had 8.5GB missing from the get-go.

neptunes

ISPs can't be too happy about next gen. Or maybe they are and hope to capitalize off the benefits of customer bandwidth overages.

Lima

I was thinking about people who don't like to have portable hard drives sticking out of their console left and right :>

So? It is not like the Xbox One doesn't have USB ports in the back. Throw the external HDD behind it (insert Xbox One is huge joke here) to hide it. You will never see it again. This is as much of a deal as the external power brick. As in none.

Has he said how much space was on his HDD at startup?

How much space was taken up from the jump? 20GB? 50GB?

Even on the PS3 my 80GB HDD had 8.5GB missing from the get-go.

500 GB (advertised by manufacturer) = 465.66 GB - gigabytes Microsoft decides to reserve for cache, updates, apps or whatever they need that space for

fernoca

Of the ones in the marketplace, while Skylanders may show a download size it can't be downloaded; hence why is the only one without "unavalaible" in place of "purchase/download".

The game hasn't been announced for digital platforms (across any console)..yet. (Since some asked at the OT about possibilities of digital purchase/upgrade on Xbox One/PS4. Would be nice if they do.

mozfan12

Banned
Ugh, how is Lococycle 13 gigs? Would be interesting to compare it to the size of the 360 version. Regardless, no way I'm downloading any retail games with my internet.

B-Dex

Are the downloadable versions also the "Day 1" versions for Deadrising and Ryse etc.... or do you have to buy the box copy to get the perks?

Lima

I'm going to go on a limb here, and say they have 1080p assets on the disc. And maybe are hoping to patch it up to full res at some point.

Lol no. The game is a mess on pretty much every platform it is available on with the exception of WiiU and 360.

I wonder of Call of Duty: Ghosts is actually that big or if it is reserving hard drive space for future DLC. Or, perhaps some of the textures and sound for future DLC are in there with the main game.

Top Bottom