• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Japanese Boxarts

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
61Y4Mw5-zcL.jpg

What is this game? What is a "DRPG"? Also are many of the anime-themed PSP covers VN type games, or simulations, or are there some obscure RPG goodness hidden within them?

WillyFive

It's annoying how all promotional material for Super Sentai shows are always such a mess of color. It's always hard to tell what you're looking at from far away, since they insist on putting everything from the show in it. It's already enough that each character is a different color, but they add a ton of stuff behind them as well.

Kazzy

It probably shouldn't bother me so much, but why do the greatest hits (platinum, whatever you want to call them) re-releases continually have their packaging changed throughout a console's life-cycle? I'm all for a distinct look to mark out its budget status, but at least keep it consistent!

And that Monster-Hunter cover is very cool, but where are the monsters?

Takao

Banned
It probably shouldn't bother me so much, but why do the greatest hits (platinum, whatever you want to call them) re-releases continually have their packaging changed throughout a console's life-cycle? I'm all for a distinct look to mark out its budget status, but at least keep it consistent!

Ultimate Hits is a Square Enix exclusive branding. I believe they all have the side silver bar.

hirokazu

In Japan, a lot of publishers do their own budget re-release series, while others will go with the platform holder's branding.

Square Enix has been using "Ultimate Hits" since the PS2 if not earlier and they've looked like that for as long as I remember.

Kazzy

Ultimate Hits is a Square Enix exclusive branding. I believe they all have the side silver bar.

The more you know...

And it's a general thing too, the 360 cases keep changing. Or is this just the same thing everywhere? The European cases are continually being revised.

Top Bottom