• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Chrono Phantasma Extend |OT| Extended Again

I'll be on for the next hour+ or so if anyone wants to play.

EDIT: So I'm on the JP version and can't really tell, but did they do away with region designated lobbies? Everyone sits in the first one and it makes it hard to find a good connection in there.

HolyDiver199

Neo Member
Can't wait to hear about extend 2 and a release in EU digital only 6 months from now .... Fucking hate that shit
Been a loyal arc fan for this shit

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I noticed that they even have the audacity to have DLC for this version! Lol, get fucked Arc Sys.

I've heard good things about Celica's stage being lag free. But yeah I don't really mind any stage. I play easy characters for a reason lol

Also, Cat Hammers. Cat Hammers everywhere.

The visual of them timing the EU release date to a new version is hilarious. Didn't ArcSys attempt to do the PAL version of Xrd themselves? I guess it backfired if they're outsourcing again.

ggs guys. It's nice to play against characters that are actually fun to fight, Carl notwithstanding (though I did use to like him before I played you regularly, Roe >_>).

yea ggs guys

i had no idea what to do against bang. it reminds me of trying to fight tao

i don't think i've ever seen someone say they enjoy fighting platinum though

It's different. Regardless of how dumb some of her items are, I have to actually play neutral. It's not someone gets a hit/starts a blockstring and then has to block for the next 10 game seconds like a lot of pressure characters are online.

The Tao comparison would hurt if it wasn't kinda true, lol. Gimmicks on gimmicks on gimmicks. Best advice I could give is when you make him block, go low, as that beats his 2D which of his drives is the only reliable reversal. Outside of that just watch where he is in the air so you don't get tagged by a poison nail. Oh, and his only not negative normal is 6A, so if I don't kick you in the shin mashing is a valid option. Heh, it's kind of hard to give advice because more often than not I don't know what I'm doing.

Montresor

Any reason to get this on PS4 over PS3?

Talking as a 360/XB1 guy, I always choose to get the XB1 equivalent of these games because I'd rather have a current gen 1000/1000 than a last-gen 1000/1000.

So speaking only on that front if I was in your shoes I'd much rather have a PS4/current-gen platinum for Blazblue than a PS3/last-gen platinum for Blazblue.

It's not a rational line of thought but it's how I decide, lolz.

Bebpo

Banned
Talking as a 360/XB1 guy, I always choose to get the XB1 equivalent of these games because I'd rather have a current gen 1000/1000 than a last-gen 1000/1000.

So speaking only on that front if I was in your shoes I'd much rather have a PS4/current-gen platinum for Blazblue than a PS3/last-gen platinum for Blazblue.

Yeah, I mean there's the new console factor which is a plus.

But $10 more and the PS3 d-pad is better than the PS4 one from my experience with Xrd on PS4. So unless the PS4 version has much better loading or something else over the PS3 version I'm wondering if I should just go PS3. I mean I still have my PS2 hooked up, so I'm sure I'll have my PS3 hooked up far beyond when the next Blazblue is out.

Naite

Yeah, I mean there's the new console factor which is a plus.

But $10 more and the PS3 d-pad is better than the PS4 one from my experience with Xrd on PS4. So unless the PS4 version has much better loading or something else over the PS3 version I'm wondering if I should just go PS3. I mean I still have my PS2 hooked up, so I'm sure I'll have my PS3 hooked up far beyond when the next Blazblue is out.

I'd say get it on the console most people you play with play it on, because even though there's cross play online, invites between ps3 and ps4 don't work which makes things a huge hassle.

PS4 version loads everything really fast, but I don't think PS3 loading is bad anyways. Definitely nothing in the ps4 version that warrants the extra $10.

RoeBear

All versions including vita share the same trophy list.

shaowebb

I know BB isn't at EVO this year even though it had that incredible Galileo run of legend, but I'm curious about its tourney scene in general.

How is it? What sort of tourney numbers is BB seeing lately? I really like this game and believe its one of the most solid pound for pound fighters out there for variety and style and I'd just like to hear a bit more about its reception from those who have been around more than I have.

RoeBear

Good games Nthenorm, those quick messages show in Japanese for me. There wasn't bad lag between us at all for 0 bars and cross play.

Naite

Good games Nthenorm, those quick messages show in Japanese for me. There wasn't bad lag between us at all for 0 bars and cross play.
Yea I realized that after I already left. I had enough lag to not be able to play Makoto but the others were fine.

I know BB isn't at EVO this year even though it had that incredible Galileo run of legend, but I'm curious about its tourney scene in general.

How is it? What sort of tourney numbers is BB seeing lately? I really like this game and believe its one of the most solid pound for pound fighters out there for variety and style and I'd just like to hear a bit more about its reception from those who have been around more than I have.

It's going to be hard to gauge how BBCPEX shows in tourneys for a bit because it just released in NA two weeks ago, and with EVO being this week. I can't imagine it making a big splash, though. CP1 and 1.1 were fantastic but it died a death once P4AU dropped, and I'm sure Xrd only made the fragmentation of the scene worse. CPEX is a good game competitively but it's considered less fun, the Extend releases have(rightfully) developed a reputation as a cashgrab, and players on both sides of the ocean are getting same game fatigue from the CP line atm. So it might stick around as a minor game for a while if players of other games play it as a secondary, but until Central Fiction drops I don't see BB being a blip on the competitive radar for a while.

Edit: So it is 100% my bad, but I don't think there is a single scenario in fighting games I find less fun than trying to outfootsie Ragna. It's straight up a giant flashing "you're not as good as you think you are" sign.

cj_iwakura

God, Tsubaki's 236D doesn't even pass through anymore. To hell with extend.

Sorely considering passing on this unless I trade my JP copy of CP for a vanilla copy of Extend.

So I guess I run so much I cause people to rage when I beat them...

I could see it being frustrating.

RoeBear

God, Tsubaki's 236D doesn't even pass through anymore. To hell with extend.

Sorely considering passing on this unless I trade my JP copy of CP for a vanilla copy of Extend.

I could see it being frustrating.
I can't believe my almost perfect, and my burst bait didn't send him over the edge.

cj_iwakura

I'm starting to think maybe Tsubaki just isn't right for me. I like her options, but I feel like I'm not good enough to use them. I was being toyed with at some casuals nearby. No respect at all, bursting if I even got a hit in.

The only other characters I really dig are so popular that I don't feel like I have much right to use them, like I'll never be on that level. At least Tsubaki has a reachable plateau.

RoeBear

I'm starting to think maybe Tsubaki just isn't right for me. I like her options, but I feel like I'm not good enough to use them. I was being toyed with at some casuals nearby. No respect at all, bursting if I even got a hit in.

The only other characters I really dig are so popular that I don't feel like I have much right to use them, like I'll never be on that level. At least Tsubaki has a reachable plateau.

Play who makes you the happiest. I've been playing around with Carl since CT. I only got semi good with him in CSEX. It took a long time to get good with him so I messed around with other characters in the meantime. You should do the same, still do stuff with Tsubaki but learn the other characters that you're interested in.

Dremark

Banned

Try some other characters for a bit and go back if you feel like you've hit a roadblock. I find that helps when I kind of hit a block and you go back in with a fresher mindset.

I can actually empathize with this a lot. I loved Bang in CT so much that he pretty much singlehandedly turned me into a fighting game player, yet when he got superbuffed in CS I actually got way worse with him and got so turned off by how he played that I didn't return to the franchise until CP. I did take the time to learn Hazama, which made the game fun again for a bit, but by and large BB to me is the game where I play Bang and dabble with other characters. One of the consequences of everyone playing so differently.

I will say that there's nothing wrong with playing popular characters at a basic level. Hell I would argue that because they're so popular the relative skill level of the character is lower than less popular ones. I fought Terumis or Azraels every second match in BBCP, most of them way below what the character is capable of, but I didn't think any less of the characters or the people who used them. I even played Azrael myself as a "come-down" character when I wanted to relax. As corny as it sounds everyone's in the middle of their own journey in fighters. tl;dr play who you want to, man.

cj_iwakura

I can actually empathize with this a lot. I loved Bang in CT so much that he pretty much singlehandedly turned me into a fighting game player, yet when he got superbuffed in CS I actually got way worse with him and got so turned off by how he played that I didn't return to the franchise until CP. I did take the time to learn Hazama, which made the game fun again for a bit, but by and large BB to me is the game where I play Bang and dabble with other characters. One of the consequences of everyone playing so differently.

I will say that there's nothing wrong with playing popular characters at a basic level. Hell I would argue that because they're so popular the relative skill level of the character is lower than less popular ones. I fought Terumis or Azraels every second match in BBCP, most of them way below what the character is capable of, but I didn't think any less of the characters or the people who used them. I even played Azrael myself as a "come-down" character when I wanted to relax. As corny as it sounds everyone's in the middle of their own journey in fighters. tl;dr play who you want to, man.

Heh, my sub changes with every iteration. First it was Noel(main was Jin), then Jin when Tsubaki came out, then Relius with CSE, then Azrael in CP... and uh, maybe Celica, I have to play as her more. She seems fun, though.

pants

I wish BB versions werent so clusterfucky. I never feel comfortable enough to buy a copy these days.

It depends on what you mean by clusterfucky. There's a good chance that the next BB won't be available outside of Japan for over a year and a half or so, if the release schedule is what puts you off.

What I wish for is that the input buffer didn't seem so arbitrary or random in this game lol.

Edit: Although I do like how you can press D 14 times in a row with Nu.

pants

It depends on what you mean by clusterfucky. There's a good chance that the next BB won't be available outside of Japan for over a year and a half or so, if the release schedule is what puts you off.

I mean 15 thousand different versions that should really be patches. Buy this then locked out of future updates kinda cluster fucky.

Top Bottom