• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonno394

So last month I managed to finish The Talos Principle and Alan Wake (plus dlc). Pumped 20 hours into Neptunia Rebirth 3 as well. This month I hope to finish Rebirth 3, Ryse and the Bioshock 1 remaster.

Not a lot of new titles this month, might grab Recore and The Turing Test.

shockdude

lol that empty Steam thread banner.

But yeah, DoDonPachi Resurrection ought to be a recommendation. Hopefully the Steam page for that goes up soon.

Pachimari

Woah, I think this is the first time I have seen us not having any recommendations ready for the month.

What is coming out this month? Dead Rising 1 and?

yuraya

You guys can make fun of Paragon all you want...but its easily the best MOBA out there that is not called Dota 2 or LoL. Also has pad support so for those of you who hate M/KB you should def check it out.

kagamin

Woah, I think this is the first time I have seen us not having any recommendations ready for the month.

What is coming out this month? Dead Rising 1 and?

Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics, and if it plays anything like the game it was based on it'll be a gem. But I assume it does.

MazeHaze

Banned
so with all of this excitement about neo, a friend of mine is supremely pissed off that he "has to buy another console arleady" (I know)
I've been telling him to just build a PC but his argument is that it's too expensive. He seems adamantly against it unless I can show him a PC build that is equal to neo for the same price. Based on the 4.2TF spec leak and an estimated 400 price, is it possible to build a PC in line with that?

I've tried to explain the benefits of building a PC, but he doesn't want to hear any of it. I'm assuming it's possible to build a neo spec PC for the same price, but I'm not sure because I'm not familiar with anything that is spec'd that low.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 33 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Kabitis #2 -- MB-9B4A2158072E350A - Taken by madjoki
Cubic Complex -- MB-D8C8C64C0906A151 - Taken by WinterDemons
Infinitrap -- MB-81C4166AACEBE9E9 - Taken by WinterDemons
Lolly Joe -- MB-3A31B450B4CB7F0D - Taken by voodooray
ShapeShifter -- MB-3D37805F39F679C1 - Taken by illusionary
Space Codex -- MB-72B4D3DC28C564AA - Taken by MaxiLive
Color Chaos -- MB-32F3DBCA41968A08 - Taken by Loptous
Lord Mayor -- MB-6B912D40A1B06672 - Taken by bobnowhere
Grid Masters -- MB-CBB63BADEE5C88A8 - Taken by dot
Odd||Even -- MB-C62DF33CEA28D3BF - Taken by venomenon
Ninja Stealth -- MB-8BCF25DAF48F40FA - Taken by Belgarion
Led it Rain -- MB-C39BBE366F476D5B - Taken by jgalat
Project G -- MB-E655D3893926D37C - Taken by texhnolyze
Star Drifter -- MB-B5143BE111D4EA57 - Taken by Tellaerin
Ping Ping -- MB-0F4A91690A4C0915 - Taken by SSPssp
Operation KREEP -- MB-C7298CE2363E8E1F - Taken by septicore
Deranged Rabbits -- MB-0EBEBA2FF368A952 - Taken by Kifimbo
Cavernus -- MB-E7E93FF44DF237BE - Taken by ExoSoul
Of Carrots and Blood -- MB-B063CE09748D59C8 - Taken by trailmix16
Rise of the Ancients -- MB-0E77E1E1AC0E91D3 - Taken by madjoki
Elves Adventure #2 -- MB-1A6388783F0B310D - Taken by darkchewie
Potato Thriller: Steamed Potato Edition -- MB-84C9E5C836F143C2 - Taken by Ludens
Elves Adventure #1 -- MB-9D36482175E7B27D
Kabitis -- MB-B705B8009FBEA859 - Taken by NingenJanai
Abrix the Robot -- MB-5CF6636F2FDA653D - Taken by Hakkelus
Abrix for Kids -- MB-7C9698583A8783A3 - Taken by redlacs
Kimulator: Fight for Your Destiny #2 -- MB-985599AB1485FDFE - Taken by Vuze
Kimulator: Fight for Your Destiny #1 -- MB-51FD70C4363269A3 - Taken by alr1ght
A Land Fit for Heroes -- MB-C593F4145280009D - Taken by rainking187
Temporal Temple -- MB-18A16710BA50DB47 - Taken by bloke
Zombie Apocalypse: Escape the Undead City -- MB-B516FE750B24C43C - Taken by drakaenae
Spooky Heroes -- MB-E64EF178A381DBC2 - Taken by drakaenae

And a garbage dump of stuff that I'm unsure about:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 42 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Agapan -- MB-6A3F74CB8A6E832D - Taken by Ludens
ShapeShifter -- MB-F0E38221BD32E092 - Taken by bobnowhere
Space Codex -- MB-70E6F9A3A2CB601B - Taken by SSPssp

R.O.O.T.S -- MB-4A3B93D601779307 - Taken by Mikurden
The Ingenious Machine -- MB-F22162E9E880FDC2 - Taken by alr1ght
Recruits -- MB-8BF3A827C136141C - Taken by SSPssp
Elves Adventure -- MB-36A0CB6172BBE524 - Taken by drakaenae
Monster RPG 2 -- MB-1F7AA5C8BC11B789 - Taken by rainking187
Gravi -- MB-36374B4618217969 - Taken by Mikurden
Darkout -- MB-564E81AF32A8D8BC - Taken by Mikurden
Diehard Dungeon -- MB-AAB8E19DDDAEBE15 - Taken by Mikurden
Stellar 2D -- MB-47128E96141BA271 - Taken by Mikurden
Oozi: Earth Adventure -- MB-E0721AF0E4D1DB0A - Taken by Mikurden
La-mulana -- MB-CB15B94041E6B2B7 - Taken by yoshizzle
Super Space Meltdown -- MB-EC132F18437B0B3F - Taken by pantsattack
Tales Across Time -- MB-DC4F31587C875A41 - Taken by WinterDemons
Loot Hunter -- MB-6E61FCA9C711C4A8 - Taken by oipic
Death Ray Manta -- MB-61C20165FDDC5DDD - Taken by Rockin' Ranger
City Z -- MB-DBE6D3581A1C058F - Taken by yoshizzle
Paper Dungeons -- MB-066787FB9E977DA9 - Taken by Ludens
Candy Blast -- MB-BF1C0E6838096CF0 - Taken by Mikurden
Grimind -- MB-BC6E7D27D9851C1D - Taken by Mikurden
Steam and Metal -- MB-01D3A48B7A52FCDD - Taken by pantsattack
Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold -- MB-93EF94D6BE1CBA97 - Taken by Mikurden
Dungeon of Gain -- MB-93661B730F336765 - Taken by bobnowhere
Burst -- MB-0EEC86AC7AC88516 - Taken by yoshizzle
Cold Contract -- MB-4E96C326F3C1E6E6 - Taken by Mikurden
Angvik -- MB-0732CBF5FCC018B0 - Taken by Mikurden
8-bit Commando -- MB-153B41DD9F04E777 - Taken by Vuze

Underrail -- MB-2EDA7D5C8F101A2E - Taken by Jadax
Star Nomad -- MB-D92275582B7F45BE - Taken by Mikurden
Frozen Hearth -- MB-D9CE96151EF0A9C4 - Taken by ExoSoul

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Forge of Gods Winters Gasp Pack -- MB-81BB53EDB1C0CA6F - Taken by Kagemusha
Forge of Gods Team of Justice DLC -- MB-E9CEC7D862FF6BCF - Taken by darkpathwalker92
Those add the game to your library, so +1. Bump for the new page.

Also thanks JaseC for the games, but Paper Dungeons was already activated.

JaseC

Those add the game to your library, so +1. Bump for the new page.

The subs don't contain the game, so you still need to add it to your account via the FoD sub, which means no +1 despite the fact that owning DLC causes it to stick around in your library when uninstalled.

Also thanks JaseC for the games, but Paper Dungeons was already activated.

:( Most of the garbage keys were "potentially unrevealed" on Groupees. In a few instances the bundle purchase date and key activation date allowed me to conclude that I did in fact use the key, but I figured I'd dump the rest, just in case.

Monooboe

Aaah 100% achivements in Broken Sword 5, feels good to get them all. Had to use a guide to see if there were any missable and try and not miss them

Really liked the game but the end was pretty bad.

Didn't see I already own it. XD

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Infinitrap -- MB-3F466C808325993A - Taken by rainking187

Monooboe

New thread, awesome title, I think it's the first bundle I've gone for the top tier.

Yeah same here, once I get my paycheck I will go all in. I've never played any of the Sierra classic games, so I will have alot to play.

Hmh thinking back, I miss playing the Discworld games, why aren't they avaiable anywhere?

venomenon

Got some more spares too:
ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Urja -- MB-6D119B9D7C82261A - Taken by texhnolyze
To the Moon -- MB-355EF2F884ADE8B1 - Taken by krczt23
Plazma Being -- MB-43FEBE2A77B5D1CA - Taken by fuzzy123
One Finger Death Punch -- MB-99FDDA5C9E62EA27 - Taken by haendeul
Valdis Story: Abyssal City -- MB-0565BB67C5506A06 - Taken by Kudo
Retro/Grade -- MB-85F25DB83F10442C - Taken by Costa1774

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Titan's Quest Anniversary holy shit what?

and its 75% off?

edit: OH SHIT LAST BLADE SON

What was that splitscreen fps "shooter" game where everyone was just cubes and could hide in pain sight if you didn't move because the levels were so abstract? Anyone remember?
Got it. Vizioneck, still unreleased, still for PS4.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh shit Titan Quest is actually free whuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

They know what they're doing with the badges.
Most people would aim for this. Even the foil one is not tempting compared to this.

Syp9zlN.png

oipic

I know we can be a cynical bunch at times (and often with reason), but gee, the work put into the Titan Quest Anniversary Edition, and of course the kind gesture of freely bestowing it upon current owners, is one of the nicer surprises I've had for a long time. Good stuff, that - kudos to all concerned.

Ludens

Banned
The latest PlayStation Dengeki Magazine contains an interview with a Metal Gear Survive developer staff about their upcoming title. The staffer confirmed that "a lot" of the developers from Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain will be returning to make this game. In the interview we also get some tidbits of the single player and multiplayer as far as the level of difficulty is concerned. Multiplayer will consist of four players and will be easier to take on waves of "Creatures" compared to doing it alone in Single Player.

You can check out the translated material below:

Q: What kind of game is Metal Gear Survive
A: We're using the world and action of MGSV:TPP but based on an up to 4 player co-operative game. Using the charm points of the “Metal Gear” such as its Stealth Action mission base but giving it a twist by adding a new element with a “Survival Action” twist which we hope Metal Gear fans and non-fans will both enjoy.

Q: Which staff members will be spear-heading the development of the game?
A: A lot of the development staff from MGSV:TPP will be returning to help create Metal Gear Survive.

Q: Where exactly does this game fall in the timeline of the Franchise?
A: This happens directly after the end of MGS:GZ.

Q: Who is the Main player character in this game?
A: The Main Character of Metal Gear Survive is a soldier straight from Mother Base.

Q: What kind of world does the Main Character get himself tied up in?
A: The world of Metal Gear Survive is nothing you've never seen before. It's similar to MGSV:GZ “Side Ops”, but this game stems into a brand new timeline different from MGSV:TPP.

Q: Why has the main character been sucked into this mysterious world?
A: As Mother Base is being bombarded with explosives at the end of MGSV:GZ a worm-hole opens above the devastation that was the Mother Base which sucks up the main character among other things.

Q: What enemies will we be facing in Metal Gear Survive?
A: There are “Creatures” that never existed in the main timeline.

Q: Will we be able to customize our Main character? E.G Gender, Appearance, Equiptment, Weapons etc?
A: The player will indeed get to customize their character. You'll be able to use several weapons such as the Spear or Bow from the announcement trailer. You'll be able to develop your own equipment for your own play style too.

Q: Will there be Online Multiplayer?
A: Apart from Single player mode there will be an up to 4 player co-op multiplayer mode.

Q: What are the differences between Single Player & Multiplayer modes?
A: In Metal Gear Survive, your enemies are known as “Creatures”. In Single Player you will be able to stealthily manoeuvre around them calling back to echoes from the main MGS timeline, you will be able to do the same alongside your teammates in Multiplayer. However, taking on waves of Creatures in Single Player will be far more difficult compared to online mode.

Q: Will the main character have a Home Base of Head Quarters of sorts?
A: As seen in the Announcement trailer, Mother Base will become the starting base. Enemies will be surrounding the base and may attack at certain points. Apart from that we cannot reveal any more at this current time.

Q: As the title suggest… will we be seeing Metal Gears in the game?
A: We cannot reveal any information at this time.

Q: When will we be able to see in-game footage?
A: We're making preparations for that so please look forward to future announcements.

Q: Could you please make a comment for the Metal Gear fans as well as the readers of Dengeki?
A: We're bringing the highly enjoyed MGSV:TPP action and following it up with a little twist where you battle non-human creatures alongside a mass off difficult missions that you can complete alongside friends online. The game is smoothly coming along and we hope MGS fans & new fans alike enjoy our brand new look on the franchise.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
The staffer confirmed that "a lot" of the developers from Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain will be returning to make this game.

Someone should ask them if Hideo Kojima's vacation will be over any time soon.

Ban Puncher

tumblr_nysn9wV1Cq1qjztgpo1_400.gif

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ban Puncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Space Quest Collection -- MB-B24622CB482D8DCB - Taken by Gez. 1 entrants total.

t1472719393z1.png

We still gotta find out if this was a fluke, or if they really do plan to bring the RPGs over as well. The mobile ports are portrait view so makes posting them harder I'd figure.

I guess we'll have to see with DQXI. This would be fucked up if they don't bring it to Steam considering it's on UE4.

kagamin

It's nice being able to play Dragon Quest 3-9 (the only ones I've played, a lot more than the amount of FF games I've played entirely through, namely a single one) on my 3DS for sure, I'd not mind them coming to PC, but I don't know if they'll even consider launching a mainline title on PC outside of DQX, maybe that game will pave the way for more titles on PC ironically?

Pachimari

I would love for them to bring Dragon Quest VIII to PC, and I am still hoping they'll eventually release Dragon Quest VII and IX for mobile.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
This summer has been the summer of playing old games for me. Had a weekend to myself recently so ended up bingeing on Tales from the Borderlands. Great game. I enjoyed the Borderlands games, and I like most of Telltale's output anyway, so I was already on board but they really hit it out of the park with that one. Not that I'm sure I need to tell anyone here.

Started playing Shadow of Mordor after the recent sale, seems pretty fun so far.

Mivey

[...] but I don't know if they'll even consider launching a mainline title on PC outside of DQX, maybe that game will pave the way for more titles on PC ironically?
Isn't that the MMO one? Not sure anyone on PC would give much of a fuck about that one. Which, of course, makes it much more likely that the Japanese publishers will think it is a perfect title to test the waters. They seem to be tone-deaf like that.

Pachimari

Isn't that the MMO one? Not sure anyone on PC would give much of a fuck about that one. Which, of course, makes it much more likely that the Japanese publishers will think it is a perfect title to test the waters. They seem to be tone-deaf like that.

I want Dragon Quest X most of any of the mainline games on PC. Bring us the MMO here in the West I say.

kagamin

I played in the open beta on PC a while back, it was pretty enjoyable and true to the main series battle mechanics with ATB added, it even has a single player opening which continues after you go online, just without your created character taking part in it (your created sibling takes the reigns after your sudden disappearance). Its a fully fledged offline mode, in a MMO even, don't recall if playing the offline mode requires a sub or not though lol.

JaseC

Oh Astroneer is this month? It is looking fantastic already but seems like it will be lacking a lot of features for the first few months.

Releases on the 7th, judging from its position in the Coming Soon list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom