• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Bonk, Bomberman & more coming to WiiWare/XBLA/PSN

Enk said:
That looks soooo much better and more lively. What the hell happened here? Is this new one done by the same team that did that awful looking Adventure Island game hat came out this year. Kinda looks like it.

http://bonkzonk.com/game.ktn?Game=pcggc

Good info on the PC Genjin remake along with other UP TO DATE Bonk related news.

Edit:

And about the angry Bonk face... That's one of 10 different faces in the game (that you can change at will) and the original cute Bonk is one of them.

GhaleonQ

I don't think Live's that great a Bomberman game. Bonk, on the other hand, I think it looks fine. The big screenshot posted just made me think about how awesome a platformer would look with real, photographed backgrounds like those used in clay/puppet animation.

xbhaskarx

OMG Aero said:
I think I might pass on Bomberman, that Bomberman game looks the exact same as Bomberman Live and I don't like the idea of paying just for team mode and other game modes I will never play anyway.

Releasing a new Bomberman on XBLA is ridiculous, these new game modes and Avatar support should be sold as $5 DLC instead of as a separate game.

Princess Skittles said:
Not if it will suffer this same fate. :(

We need more non-Zelda Zeldas. A new Neutopia would be great, and I honestly don't think they could mess that up.

Also, yes, the Bonk graphics aren't that great :( and the background somehow reminded me of Ghouls and Ghosts and Goblins somehow.

As for Bomberman, I already have the Wii Bomberman. Sometimes, it is annoying, because it takes forever to start a match and end a match, so I hope Bomberman Live (it will be renamed for the Wii... right?) will be faster than the first Wiiware game.

Enk

makes good threads.
Why would you do that? said:
Also, yes, the Bonk graphics aren't that great :( and the background somehow reminded me of Ghouls and Ghosts and Goblins somehow.

The backgrounds are basically just the foregrounds copy and pasted into the background with a faded blue tint on them. Kinda lazy.

jluedtke

FrostuTheNinja said:
And about the angry Bonk face... That's one of 10 different faces in the game (that you can change at will) and the original cute Bonk is one of them.

See, you rubes? Now shut it! :D

Wow, just the other day I was thinking how awesome a new Bonk would be for XBLA/PSN. Never thought they'd actually make one though!

Can't wait.

xbhaskarx said:
Releasing a new Bomberman on XBLA is ridiculous, these new game modes and Avatar support should be sold as $5 DLC instead of as a separate game.

The DLC for bomberman live sucks because it splinters the userbase, takes forever to get a full game using the new maps/modes.

Releasing this as a new game will be better for the community.

Rlan

I think Bonk looks fine.

Also Rooms does not mention WiiWare at all, sounds like a retail release, really.

Also, I'd better be effen' getting Kangaroos this time, Hudson!

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
autobzooty said:
I am so sick of 2.5D. I've seen it dozens of times and it always ends up looking like crap, with very few exceptions.

So is this new Bomberman being done by Backbone again.

If so, then BARF.

Will the new bomberman act like DLC or is it a whole new game?
If it's a different game in and of itself I will have to pass. I want integration not segregation.

And I am absolutely passing on that Bonk game.

Rlan

KibblesBits said:
Will the new bomberman act like DLC or is it a whole new game?
If it's a different game in and of itself I will have to pass. I want integration not segregation.

And I am absolutely passing on that Bonk game.

Technically all those new modes won't be available in the old version anyhow, and would segment that market anyhow :)

Also Giant Bomb says Bonk is being developed by Pi Studios, who are doing Quake Arena Arcade, but I can't see any other places saying that. Can anyone confirm?

Ranger X

Oh fuck common!!

Hudson is awesome for bringing back all of those old franchises but its like every new one looks worse than the one before!! the fuck? Can't they try a little?

-The fuck, Bonk's head and face changed.
-Where's the god damn spinning gone?
-Terrible walking animation.
-Terrible collisions (the fuck? I hope this is really early)

Quite atrocious right now.

DO NOT WANT.

trinest

Bonk looks awesome but if its anything like the Adventure Island WiiWare title its going to feel wrong, and play like crap.

Top Bottom