• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multi Not Announced

I still refuse to believe it. Hudson' can come into my house wearing a trollface mask and kick me in the nuts, and I still won't believe it.

Lothars

Phonomezer said:
Thinking about how every moment they spend making the MP could be used polishing the SP gives me the shits.

if the rumors are true than it's a totally different team that's working on the multiplayer, I really think it's a none issue though and the singleplayer is still the reason to buy the game.

Tagg9

Nirolak said:
Casey Hudson went "We're not quite sure how we'll do multiplayer with the Mass Effect series yet." and Game Informer went "NO MULTIPLAYER CONFIRMED!"
In addition, during one of the BioWare Pulse episodes at Comic-Con, Casey said "there is no multiplayer in ME3" or something to that effect. I'm thinking now that he meant there won't be any multiplayer in the shipped product.

Why must you do this to us, why?!

Lothars said:
if the rumors are true than it's a totally different team that's working on the multiplayer, I really think it's a none issue though and the singleplayer is still the reason to buy the game.

I really hope so. I just don't want them to drop the ball, I lurve the ME series :)

Blue Ninja said:
0efkfrc9n.gif
my reaction to ME3 multi

Honestly, who cares if it has multiplayer if the single-player is great? If you don't want to play it, you don't have to. You're paying the same price either way. If it turns out the single-player is unpolished you could argue that the time spent on multiplayer could have been spent polishing single-player. But until you have the game in your hands, and until we see what ME3's multiplayer is, let's reserve judgment shall we?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Not sure how I feel about ME multiplayer... if it fucks with the singleplayer experience then they need to take it out.

Ragus

Banned
I am literally scared of playing ME3. Fucking scared. The 3rd installments in trilogies are known not to meet expectations, but this here is starting to really look like a mess.

Sober

dejan said:
The internet demanded more RPG trappings for Mass Effect 3. Well, there you go.
You know the gaming industry is in trouble when filling bars and grinding XP = RPG elements in multiplayer.

Baby biotics in multiplayer, calling it right now. Who wants to be stuck floating in a singularity or losing control of your character from push or pull spam?

Nirolak said:
Hmm, how do I fit this all in the title.

The current title kind of sucks.
Seems like the ME3 MP stuff could go into a thread of its own, no?

If not, I humbly suggest: "Mass Effect 3 MP announced, Agent 47 to assassinate Casey Hudson".

ME3 MP Announced, Playable at GC / Hitman Details in XBW360

bdouble

Ragus said:
I am literally scared of playing ME3. Fucking scared. The 3rd installments in trilogies are known not to meet expectations, but this here is starting to really look like a mess.
DMC 3.

Anyways. I could see it as being kinda fun. Maybe just coop but keep all the classes and upgrades. Copy over your single player character.

DTKT

The Xtortionist said:
Better this than another shooter with uninteresting mechanics.

Because the multiplayer will actually be good? And since this entire idea seems tacked on and there to get a checkmark on the box, I have little hope.

I mean, they didnt even mention it at E3. Not even a hint.

DTKT said:
Because the multiplayer will actually be good? And since this entire idea seems tacked on and there to get a checkmark on the box, I have little hope.

I mean

For every shooter with unique mechanics that are fun for multiplayer (Uncharted), there seems to be another that doesn't distinguish itself in the slightest (Resistance, strictly speaking of base-level mechanics). At least Mass Effect's tech and biotics could provide interesting interactions between players that can't be seen anywhere else. Too many multiplayer shooters are just run/shoot/melee; I want more games like Shadowrun (RIP) that give me more to do than that, and ME3 could very well fill that niche.

DTKT

The Xtortionist said:
I mean

For every shooter with unique mechanics that are fun for multiplayer (Uncharted), there seems to be another that doesn't distinguish itself in the slightest (Resistance, strictly speaking of base-level mechanics). At least Mass Effect's tech and biotics could provide interesting interactions between players that can't be seen anywhere else. Too many multiplayer shooters are just run/shoot/melee; I want more games like Shadowrun (RIP) that give me more to do than that, and ME3 could very well fill that niche.

That depends on how they actually implement them. They can't simply use the same mechanic from the SP. That would unbalance Guns VS Biotics/Techs.

hiryu

Seriously though PC version better have dedicated servers and I better be able to use biotics in multi.

Derrick01

Banned
hiryu said:
Seriously though PC version better have dedicated servers and I better be able to use biotics in multi.

You'll have EA servers and like it, as they crash and lag for at least a week after it comes out like almost all of EA's online games.

Don't know why people are bitching about something that's optional. As long as it doesn't take anything away from the main game, I don't see the problem with more replay value. Plus, you never know, it could be surprisingly good like Assassin's Creed Brotherhood's MP.

gdt

Mass Effect doesn't exactly need multi, but I'll definitely check it out. Gunplay plus biotics could be alot of fun, I think. Classes, horde-ish mode...I'll interested.

bdouble said:
DMC 3.

Anyways. I could see it as being kinda fun. Maybe just coop but keep all the classes and upgrades. Copy over your single player character.
DMC3 was the second game in the series, DMC'4' (aka 3) was pretty good though.

inky

I still think a dedicated MP game in the Mass Effect Universe differentiated from the "RPG" series would do better, and might even be something worth checking out.

But, I guess the third installment of an RPG is as good a place as any to go after the big boys like Halo and CoD right, EA?

I think Mass Effect 3 multiplayer is a very dumb idea because it makes me worried about wasting effort on something I'll never play. It makes me angry, and I'd like to say something mean about the people who made this decision.

Derrick01

Banned
UnlovedJew said:
Don't know why people are bitching about something that's optional. As long as it doesn't take anything away from the main game, I don't see the problem with more replay value. Plus, you never know, it could be surprisingly good like Assassin's Creed Brotherhood's MP.

Eh to me it's another spit in the face from Bioware to the RPG genre. It's not even being worked on by their main team and it might be DLC so I'm not worried about it interfering with the single player, but multiplayer is not something that's usually even considered in the wrpg genre. It's another way for them to shout "fuck you guys we're going for the COD bro crowd"

Since the first reveal I've seen too much news on combat improvements, kinect gimmicks, story retconns, jersey shore characters, and now multiplayer. I'm almost ready to say that not even ME2 previews had me thinking this negatively about the game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
UnlovedJew said:
The issue here is, some people would rather them put their resources into more content for the SP in a SP franchise than try to dabble in MP.

I am in this group, but I'll see what they have before I pass judgment. Mass Effect 1 and 2 have convinced me that the game would be a terrible competitive multiplayer game unless they do some heavy changes to the combat system's core.

Tadale

I hate sounding so negative and jaded, but I really do not like this. I absolutely do not trust Bioware with this series anymore, not after what they pulled with DA2.

Mass Effect 2 was stripped down enough; we don't need them spending any time not making 3 a deeper game.

Top Bottom