• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

So I just learned that the Aerial/Grounded Defense debuff traits are going to get severely buffed, going from -20% to -60%.

Has this been confirmed for Global as well?

So does Aerial/Grounded Defense debuff count for bosses/raid bosses as well?

Because if so, wouldn't having a Aerial and Grounded Defense debuff be better than 1k more attack power?

Has this been confirmed for Global as well?

So does Aerial/Grounded Defense debuff count for bosses/raid bosses as well?

Because if so, wouldn't having a Aerial and Grounded Defense debuff be better than 1k more attack power?

Oh, that is indeed possible. Having both of those traits at the same time looks to be an amazing combination.

Famassu

Rolling 50% guilt with a mediocre trait on a premium medal is sort of a bummer. I feel off tossing premium medals at maxed medals for a chance at a better trait. Like, I know Leon B isn't a great medal, but I have 3 extra copies and feel weird feeding them off. The same goes for when you have a premium medal at 2-3% away from max guilt. :|
There are some medals that might serve better not being guilt and trait fodder (immediately), but those are mostly some buffers/debuffers (if you only have two of them). Otherwise don't worry about feeding medals to re-roll guilts and unwanted traits, especially for lower tier medals. Maybe if you are so lucky (or a whale) who has Illustrated Leon guilted and keep getting more, at that point maybe start building another Illustrated Leon. But otherwise you usually don't do much with duplicates so feed them off away. You do absolutely nothing with spare Leon Bs unless you are very early in the game and are in desperate need of medals.

And Magic Mirrors are perfect for those moments when you get almost full guilt. It's more annoying when you get a relatively high guilt but still pretty far from max (i.e. 80-90% for a max-100 medal)

Is Triple threat a good skill for iKairi2 with double attack? Somebody in my party had that and it seemed like a good idea. Currently she has Db2 (before I got a double attack trait). I don't have any other medals with DB atm.

Razmos

I went for Second Chance on Kairi2 since I use it on pretty much every keyblade now.

Between that, and Defence Boost II has saved me many many times and is really useful for Union Cross, since second chance can activate there, and then if you die and are brought back, it can activate again. So it not only keeps you alive to do more damage but allows your team to do more damage since they aren't using up turns to revive you.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is there any value in having 2 iKairi 2? I have one at max guilt with 2 pretty terrible traits (+2000 def and +800 HP), so I COULD fuse it to try for a better trait...But if there's value in having 2, I may keep it.

Psxphile

Is Triple threat a good skill for iKairi2 with double attack? Somebody in my party had that and it seemed like a good idea. Currently she has Db2 (before I got a double attack trait). I don't have any other medals with DB atm.

Triple Threat w/ double attack is a double-edged sword. Two chances to inflict statuses per turn is super nice, but say the initial attack inflicts Sleep? If you're fighting a singular enemy you run a good chance of negating Sleep with the second attack. That's kind of a bummer. Though I think the pros outweigh the cons.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I still have 2 farmables that I never got max guilt, Jiminy Cricket (23%) and Selphie (22%). I must have rerolled them dozens of times each but never got better. I guess I could drop 5 mirrors on them since that would up my Nova by 10 but I just can't do it. :lol
Selphie is finally maxed! Only that fucking cricket left.

deanote666

I broke out my ABIV for my WoFF Squall... Replaced my ABIII max...

Let's see if I regret my decision.

Last beat round 399. Fighting level 522 enemies in round 402.

Edit: Well, ABIV only bought me up to round 405. Stuck against level 527 enemies. Got me back into the 300's though in the rankings...

Edit: Up to round 415, 360's in the rankings.

Edit: Up to round 425. 330's in the rankings. Don't think I'm getting much further unless something good pops up soon.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Finally wrapping up the last of the quests. I haven't bothered to 3 Mickey everything, but that will come in time. Finished 3 of 5 MOG quests, too. Ran one of them some 10 times and still haven't hit the 15 enemies, so I'll take a break from that. Also tried to tweak my setups and attempt to clear the last XIII quest...No luck. I can get close, but there's just no way to do it with my medals. Every combination of buff/debuff falls just short. I have 3k jewels ready and COULD pull again, but I'd have to get crazy lucky to guilt anything of value at the moment. SO! I'll hold out for brooms.

Progress!

Next up is to finish the Cross boards and make some headway on Proud Mode.

"Previously revealed in one of our Union χ[Cross] pre-registration emails, we are happy to announce to everyone that the Daily Cid Medal Challenge quests will be unlocked permanently for all players from today (Apr. 20) onward!
Complete these quests to earn up to three 6★ Cid Medals every day!
Now that the cost of 6★ Medals can be reduced by 20 instead of just 10, you'll want to keep at these quests!"

Neat.

Psxphile

Hm? New update? ver. 2.02 available on iTunes/Google Play.
Version 2.0.2 Update Notes

Thank you for playing KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ[Cross].

The app was updated to Version 2.0.2 on Apr. 20, 2017 at 12:00 a.m. (PT) / 7:00 (UTC).
Please see below for a list of adjustments and bug fixes implemented with this update.

■ Union Cross (Multiplayer Quests) Adjustment
・Items dropped from enemies will now be given to all players who participated in the battle with that enemy. (Previously, these items were only given to the player who landed the finishing blow on the enemy.)

■ Union Cross (Multiplayer Quests) Bug Fixes
・When tapping on another player's Revive icon, the player would perform a normal attack.
・If the Main Objective and Time Objective were completed at the same time, only the players that attacked the Time Objective enemy would receive rewards.
・Players who became disconnected after pressing "Play Again" on the Results screen would be unable to progress.
・Other players' attack animations would not play when the Continue window appeared.
・Fixed an issue where, if you are in the middle of a Special Attack while the rest of your party completes the main objective, certain Special Attack graphics would continue to remain on the screen into the Results Screen.
・Buff/Debuff/Status Effect icons would not display properly on Target boss enemies.

■ Other Quest Bug Fixes
・An issue when fighting enemies with counters where certain Medal images would remain on the bottom left of the screen.

■ Traits Adjustments and Bug Fixes
・The values for the traits "Ground Enemy DEF -20%" and "Aerial Enemy DEF -20%" have been increased from -20% to -60%. In addition, this trait can no longer be stacked. (Having two of one of these traits on the same Medal will not increase its effect)
・Fixed an issue where the "Damage in Raids +40%" trait would only apply to Special Attacks, and not to normal single attacks or normal area attacks.
・Fixed an issue where "Extra Attack: 40%" would only trigger on Special Attacks, and not on normal single attacks or area attacks.

■ UI Fixes
・Fixed an issue on the Keyblades overview screen where, if in possession of 10 or more Keyblades, tapping on an empty space would select another Keyblade.
・Fixed an issue on the Party Members screen where wide avatar parts like the "Juggler: Accessory" would cover a player's Lux level.
・Fixed Cross Boards to display a message on screen indicating that a Cross Board has been opened.
・Fixed an issue where "Overwrite Failed" would appear on the screen even if a skill overwrite was successful.
・Fixed an issue where certain text would not appear properly on certain Android devices.
・Fixed an issue on the Keyblade sets selection screen where the app would sometimes crash when attempting to max one's Special Gauge with an unstable connection.

■ Other
・Fixed startup issues occurring on several Android devices.
・Fixed an issue in the second Main Quest (in the initial Tutorial) where the game would become unresponsive.
・Fixed an issue where an error message would sometimes appear when using Jewels to replenish the Special Gauge when progressing through the Coliseum.
・Fixed several other issues.

So perm Cid quests (fuck yes), Pooh avatar boards (ugh) that come with AB4, AB3max&Lux+ and SP 1 skills and more Proud quests.

EDIT: before the update I managed to clear almost every Power Proud+ Quests thanks to a party member's maxed out Mal B w/ AB4. Feels good, but fuck those last two quests for being timed. As if it wasn't already hard enough to survive.

So...
"Complete these Gauntlet Challenge Quests to earn Jewels, Chip Medals, Dale Medals Magic Mirror Medals and more!"

Broom(s) as a reward for last day?

Probably not enough for a full Fantasia Mickey B because of the Key Art 6 campaign.

Psxphile

^ What do you think they're going to use as an incentive to buy V.I.P. every week now that the Cid quests are perm? lol

Is that a thing in JP? Are there quests to earn Broom Servants on the regular?

So Halloween Donald avatar board is the one everybody went gaga for when it first released, right? Because of the hat and bill that each give Skill perk +6, right? What about the medal? Any good? I've used a shared Halloween Goofy recently and it was pretty strong.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Lots of new avatar boards to buy. Glad I had more jewels ready. And they'll have to add something valuable to VIP now to incentivize people to buy it, right? Because now that Cid medals aren't VIP exclusive, established players don't have nearly the same need to pay for it...

Razmos

fl0k1a4fqnsy.png
!!!
About time. Hope the brooms aren't too scarce.

Atram

Lots of new avatar boards to buy. Glad I had more jewels ready. And they'll have to add something valuable to VIP now to incentivize people to buy it, right? Because now that Cid medals aren't VIP exclusive, established players don't have nearly the same need to pay for it...

brooms

Razmos

I'm levelling up the MoG keyblade at the moment too, I have all of the missions completed except for the kupo blossoms one. Soon!

Also levelling up the Sleeping Lion, that keyblade is gorgeous

Edit:
L-lewd!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
"Previously revealed in one of our Union χ[Cross] pre-registration emails, we are happy to announce to everyone that the Daily Cid Medal Challenge quests will be unlocked permanently for all players from today (Apr. 20) onward!
Complete these quests to earn up to three 6★ Cid Medals every day!
Now that the cost of 6★ Medals can be reduced by 20 instead of just 10, you'll want to keep at these quests!"

Neat.

Brooms have been added to the Global game, which means Fantasia Mickey A can be evolved :D
Give away Cids for free and replace it in the weekly paid unlock with brooms?

If it was 3 brooms a day then that's 21 brooms a week, 4 pips a week.

That's damn good.

If brooms become a VIP thing.
I'd expect either
a) Only 1 broom a day
or
b) 3 brooms a day, but brooms isn't always a weekly VIP thing.

This is SENA after all. lol
Although maybe 3 brooms a day forever on VIP would make more people buy VIP.

Brooms related, do you guys think we will still get campaigns for special medals for unlocking the 'Special Attack Bonus' for certain medals?
Wouldn't it be a lot easier with brooms?

Does JP do these kind of events still?

Psxphile

Was this your plan, SENA? Make players positively frothing at the mouth for "brooms" and then establish them as a VIP exclusive to funnel more purchases?

Brooms related, do you guys think we will still get campaigns for special medals for unlocking the 'Special Attack Bonus' for certain medals?
Wouldn't it be a lot easier with brooms?

Does JP do these kind of events still?
I always thought it was a Global only thing. I don't remember ever hearing about exclusive gift medals for unlocking guilt on Premium banner medals over in JP, unless they were phased out.

c-murph

If it was 3 brooms a day then that's 21 brooms a week, 4 pips a week.

That's damn good.

It's SENA. Cids are common now. So, they'll more likely give Mirrors the rare rating and limit M&Bs to very rare categories. I can't see them putting too many M&B into the VIP except for the occassional week.

Are there Tier 6 medals in JP yet? Would Brooms still work on those?

Famassu

Doubt they are VIP exclusive. In addition to weekly unlocks probably getting some questline of (hopefully) daily brooms, I assume we'll get them as Premium avatar board nodes, HSC rewards, some events and maybe eventually we'll get some as monthly Coliseum rewards.

c-murph

Doubt they are VIP exclusive. In addition to weekly unlocks probably getting some questline of (hopefully) daily brooms, I assume we'll get them as Premium avatar board nodes, HSC rewards, some events and maybe eventually we'll get some as monthly Coliseum rewards.

That's my thought. Mirrors will probably replace the VIP Cids.

The new Magic Proud+ quest is certainly... something.

Wonder why they made it so much more difficult to 3-Mickey than the other two. I had to use up two turns and rely on poison damage to do it, but for the other two I was able to easily 1-turn them.

Kinda interested in downloading the JP one.

Can you have both on your phone without the games freaking out or whatever?
Is it hard to download the JP?
No idea how to get it. lol

Skittles

NGBJnmT.png

No orbs, no Jack & Sally. Yikes.
Any TNBC medals cannot legally be in banners, they have to be "given" away in events. SE doesnt have rights to the property so they cant profit from it. thinking back on it, i dont think any disney movie has been in a banner. only in promotional stuff when a movie gets released
Yup. This shit is fucking horrible. Not even 3 pipped. Trash. SENA is really working hard to make me want to switch over to JP permanently.
it's the same banner JP got. i wasn't really expecting them to hand out 3 dot guaranteed prems either.

hopefully we get the old event medal event next week

Top Bottom