• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Moaradin

Shokugeki no Soma 201

I hope we get some good development with Takumi here. I always liked him, and it bummed me out that the author completely sidelined him and treated him as comic relief for the past 100 chapters or so. He always felt like Soma's true rival, and I hope that gets back on track now. Really good chapter though.

The Promised Neverland 24-25

Damn, these last few chapters have had me on the edge of my seat. Mom is such an interesting villain so far. I got chills when she decided to drop the act in front of Emma and Norman. That completely threw them off. I can't predict how these next few chapters are gonna go at all. Things are looking dire...

My Hero Academia 125

Woah, since when was MHA this violent? I was not prepared for that. I don't even recall any characters getting on screen deaths before, and definitely not in gruesome ways like that.

cntr

Banned
My Hero Academia 125

Woah, since when was MHA this violent? I was not prepared for that. I don't even recall any characters getting on screen before, and definitely not in gruesome ways like that.
There's been some violent stuff before, but yeah, this was a new level.

It reminded me of HxH.

klaushm

Boku no Hero / My Hero Academia 126
Fap material, hero resolve, humorless world, that ALL Mighty face.

It was a really great chapter in my opinion. Laughed a lot.

Black Clover 97
Hope this is something just condicional. It would suck to have this been at hand whenever he wants to use.

One piece 855
Oh Sanji... Do something fast.
And the humor with Brook was the best part for sure.

In Japan between Yaoi and Fujoshi fans thats likely a lock

In the US I think Neverland can outsell BC.

I hope so I need more art.

Didnt realize their height difference was that much, very compelling.
tumblr_ol44kq2Bla1qbxqfpo1_540.jpg

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch500

So harsh.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch157

Glad that she eventually learns the value of boobs and butt battles~

One Piece ch855

Against all odds it's going pretty smoothly.

My Hero Academia ch126

Must be quite a riot to work for him.

Shokugeki no Soma ch202

How nice of Rindou to defend her juniors, lol.

Valentines' Day Jump illustration from the guy who does Shokugeki no Souma:

That's Nami?

I can see Nami there, normal non-Oda proportions aside.

His Emma is also as adorable as she should be. LOL at Ochako doing her embarrassed float away thing.

bobohoro

One Piece 855

Brook might kinda have landed the biggest achievement of the TS Straw Hats there.
Can't wait for his next full battle. It feels like he has the biggest fighting potential after the big two, maybe not in terms of raw power, but durability, cunning and versatility are certainly promising with him.

My Hero Academia 126

Don't feel bad Deku, you made me laugh.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma

Erina learns to sync up with her husbando

Something tells me this is gonna piss DTL off

or he's gonna insist that Erina is into Joichirou because she knows about Soma and Takumi's secret canon relationship.

One Piece 855

Brook is amazing in this arc. Sasuga Brook. I've criticized his inclusion before because he never really felt like a real Strawhat, but he does now.

BokuHero 126

Also good

Soma 202

Good as well

nj jump

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
MHA

holy fuck how can anyone not laugh at that Midoriya All Might face
KuGsj.gif

and Mineta's bathroom musing:

JXr9lUE.png

I've been hot and cold on MHA but I fundamentally really like what the series is trying to do.

Zweizer

Banned
(NSFW) The Story of How My Super Sadistic Girlfriend Tried to Make the Gender-Swapped Me Come With an Electric Massager by Hidari Kagetora

Despite what the title might suggest, it's fairly tame and ultimately is little more than a young couple having some yuri fun, which is fine as well. The art is nice and clean, so it's enjoyable enough throughout.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
One Piece ch. 855

Holy hell, Luffy looks beyond weathered on that last page.

When was the last time Brook had stored something in his skull? That hasn't been used in a long while, right

My Hero Academia ch. 126

This chapter was pretty hilarious, although Bubble Girl's design should've been thrown in the bushes, fuck your fan contests.

As the gods will END

Wow this is what I would consider a pretty bad ending? Not bad in the sens of quality but in the sense that everybody is dead, the only one who survive is in despair and restart the biggest murder game in the world. Oh my.

A.J.

Banned
IIRC At that time World Trigger was still fairly young and it wasn't exactly clear what role Chika would have in the story.

Ashihara has already stated that he had the story planned out from the get go. Kitora was just introduced first because she has a predominant role in Osamu's character arc. In a way Kitora was was a placeholder main female character until Chika could grow into the role. Also Kitora is Ashihara's favorite so of course he gives her any good role she can fit and it makes sense for her to do a swimsuit role.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
One Piece Laughed pretty hard, this was a great chapter. Brook is great and glad he's got some screentime this arc

MHA Funny, glad for some of the more highschool elements returning.

Demon's Plan Armor looks bad. The saving grace in this could have been the Sentai outfit I thought they were leading up to, but now that we've seen it, I'm ready for this to get the axe.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 157

Well that took an unexpected turn near the end, with the pervert battle and stuff. Though that end part with Asahi was interesting. I wonder what future Aizawa is planning to do.

Kieli

I didn't like Farmland Saga when it was serializing, but re-reading it in the collected volumes it's much more enjoyable.

I guess it has to do with pacing. Waiting one month at a time for the story to unfold is quite unbearable. But reading it all at once lets me really take in what Yukimura's trying to convey with the arc.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I just randomly discovered that Bento Books translated a series called "Female Math Major" - has anyone read it? Is it any good?

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! ch501

So he likes girls being all traditional and shit, huh?

One-Punch Man ch72

Guess that's one way to kill off fodder.

Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction ch43

Well, good publicity is important after all.

I Am a Hero ch262

Eh.

Nyoroko's Live Broadcasting! ch04

A skinship broadcast sounds like the best thing ever~

bobohoro

Tomo-chan 501

I'm beyond annoyed that Jun only is lovestruck when Tomo acts out of her usual ways.

Helck 88.1

Can't wait for Piyo to transform and be the ultimate warrior.
All this foreshadowing just has to be something big.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
One Punch Man (Murata)

Hoping Suiryu kicks the ever loving shit out of all the martial artists turned monsters. I expect it and then he runs into some issues taking on Gouketsu

Fancolors

To you, the Immortal 12
What an interesting character to follow. I was expecting granny to be forgotten, but I was wrong. Really like how different she is from March and Parona.

One Punch Man

As much as Suiryu is an ass, most of these transformations so far are have been from sniveling little shits so hopefully they get their asses beat (preferably by Saitama but Suiryu can pass)

bobohoro

Mai Ball 78

Pissed Reika is best. Will be a proper second half.
And what's that pervert doing listening in on the girls showering and getting fired up?

Top Bottom