• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

what jrpg are you playing right now ?

Trails in the Sky SC: HD Edition.

Gotta finish this by June before 3rd comes out, then finish that by September.

Are we really getting the next title by September? Seems like if a teaser doesn't come out by the same time it came out for Ao, it will be a longer wait.

I picked up the PSP box set last September, only to have the HD collection be announced later that year and it's nearly wrapped up before I've gone back to SC. If I had known there was going to be a rapid fire release of PS3 versions with non-blurry Kanji ...

Trying to finish this before I get SMTIV in 2-3 weeks.

Freaky. Same color and everything:

Photo%20May%2004%2C%2017%2014%2021.jpg

luokyl

Are we really getting the next title by September? Seems like if a teaser doesn't come out by the same time it came out for Ao, it will be a longer wait.

I picked up the PSP box set last September, only to have the HD collection be announced later that year and it's nearly wrapped up before I've gone back to SC. If I had known there was going to be a rapid fire release of PS3 versions with non-blurry Kanji ...

I'm waiting for a PS3 HD box set :)

Sojiro

Atm Radiant Historia, about 10 ish hours in, really really digging it so far. I have also been dabbling in the DQ9 post game dungeon crawls every once in a while.

thanks the Breath of Fire anniversary, i decided to reattempt the franchise after only putting in 1-3hours for each installment.

Breath of Fire 1 was pretty neat rpg, though not extravagant to the likes of Squaresoft/Enix's more well known outputs, but still quite enjoyable.

Love shopping in the game though. The music is catchy as hell, and the shop keepers bow to you after completing a purchase. That's customer satisfaction.

Etrian Odyssey 1. I lost a save in EO1 a long time ago and never finished it, decided enough time had passed to go back and try again. Currently at 3rd stratum, just got the
Samurai class
so will probably park for a moment and grind up a new character or two. My party is maybe a bit poorly optimized with a Bard and Healer doing most of the defensive legwork (shelter + immunize) but it's worked out so far even if I don't have any targeted protection.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Just finished Soul Hackers and Star Ocean 1. The only Star Ocean I've completed before this was 4, so I was kind of disappointed that instead of having characters and plot so bad it was humorous, it was only mediocre.

Now I'm trying to finish Devil Survivor (for the sixth time). I've been on the final day for years now, every once in awhile picking it up to play some more. I always end up grinding a bit to get used to the battle system again, then getting distracted by something else and putting it away for another day. One of these days I'll finish this game. I swear.

jay

Picked up Xenoblade for the first time in five months. I just finished Infinite Space so I figured why not lose another 50 hours of my life.

Raika

Earthbound, it's fun and quirky, planning to move on to Mother 3 after I'm done. I have no idea what's useful in the game though, so my inventory is full of useless crap.

Sword of Mana on the GBA. Wanted to play Final Fantasy Adventure, but was easier to get ahold of the remake. Story is pretty ridiculous, but hey, that's what I was looking for.

Aeana

Sword of Mana on the GBA. Wanted to play Final Fantasy Adventure, but was easier to get ahold of the remake. Story is pretty ridiculous, but hey, that's what I was looking for.
They're such different games that you can still play FFA and it'll feel like a new game!

aett

I'm replaying Dragon Quest V on my 3DS while I wait for DKCR3D and Animal Crossing to be released.

I recently beat Valkyrie Profile (hard mode, "A" ending) for the first time in several years.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Supposedly Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story but I just kinda stopped.

I'm looking for JRPGs with awesome stories though.

isual

I'm replaying Dragon Quest V on my 3DS while I wait for DKCR3D and Animal Crossing to be released.

I recently beat Valkyrie Profile (hard mode, "A" ending) for the first time in several years.

mah nigga. hard mode is the only way to play vp1.

shiettt

Ratrat

Kings Field The Ancient City

When I'm done with that it's either Radiata Stories, Dragon Quest VIII or Digital Devil Saga 1. Pcsx2 is the best thing ever really.

Seda

how is raidou 1 ? I have that in backlog.
any tips ?

I literally just marathonned through the 2 Raidou games in the last 2 weeks. As for tips, just keep demons available with all elements available to you and be sure to fuse often. It's not really a hard game.

But I will say Raidou 2 is so much better than the first. Improved in nearly every way.

I don't know if anyone will know what I'm talking about, but both of my male characters just learned how to dodge "temptation" in Romancing SaGa 2. Ohhh my god if I don't beat it this time ...

Edit: Nope I died.

Just finished Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2. Horrible game. About to give P3: FES a replay. Still looking for something new to play that fit my tastes.

luka

Loves Robotech S1

This is my second time through SC. Such an amazing game. I've never played 3rd or anything beyond that and I am HYPE AS HELL to get the HD version next month. This is easily my favorite RPG series hands down.

Please please announce Zero Evolution HD (and Ao Evolution too perhaps ^^) soon Falcom. I want to be all caught up before Sen comes out..

I'm about halfway through this I think. I'm not the biggest fan of the combat system (it's serviceable, but some fights can take waay too long), everything else is amazing though, especially the music.

Ferga

I'm about halfway through this I think. I'm not the biggest fan of the combat system (it's serviceable, but some fights can take waay too long), everything else is amazing though, especially the music.

Hearing so many good things about Bravely Default.

Can't wait for December.

BOTEC

I am trying to finally finish Breath of Fire 3. I just spent an hour trying to puzzle out what the gene combination is for the strongest dragon form.

I have a heck of lot more games that I have played in the last several months that I need to get back to, such as Last Story and Tales of Graces f.

I've just began a replay of 3. I remembered buying, playing, and hating that game from day 1 way back in the day, and I think I just realized why: SO FUCKING SLOW PACED. I think I put 10 hours in and still have not hit the
time jump
. I barely have any dragon genes, and the dragon transformation system wasn't even explained in any sort of capacity. This game some has fundamental design/directorial problems.

Does Yakuza 3 count? Because it really should. Action JRPG maybe?

I really am enjoying exploring around Okinawa and doing the sidequests. The main story looks pretty silly (having to do little chores for the kids is also getting pretty annoying, especially with more pressing things happening in the background), but I am excited to see all there is.

Soriku

Xenoblade's plot is nothing worth writing home about.

I thought someone would say that. But it's Ultros so I had to say Xenoblade :p

Anyway, Xenoblade doesn't touch Xenosaga for example but it's still an above average JRPG story and better than many of them (cue people answering, "that's not saying much").

Seik

Banned
These times I'm trying to do Star Ocean 4 again...Two weeks ago I accidentally deleted my 90 hours save. So yeah...still salty about it. :/

I'm playing Nier as well since yesterday, dunno if we can call this a JRPG but whatever, great game. I bought it because GAF praises it most of the time I read about it. No regrets, it's really awesome.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
These times I'm trying to do Star Ocean 4 again...Two weeks ago I accidentally deleted my 90 hours save. So yeah...still salty about it. :/

I'm playing Nier as well since yesterday, dunno if we can call this a JRPG but whatever, great game. I bought it because GAF praises it most of the time I read about it. No regrets, it's really awesome.

haha ive done that with my Demons Gaze data on my vita had around the same amount of time on it when trying to transfer save data to reformat my vita to the JP version instead of US. so stupid that they made it so you could only have 1 region per system. :/ my P4G data went with that too D:

isual

This is my second time through SC. Such an amazing game. I've never played 3rd or anything beyond that and I am HYPE AS HELL to get the HD version next month. This is easily my favorite RPG series hands down.

Please please announce Zero Evolution HD (and Ao Evolution too perhaps ^^) soon Falcom. I want to be all caught up before Sen comes out..

ooo. interesting. explain what this game is ?

Cactus

Banned
I'm playing the DS remake of Final Fantasy IV for the first time, and I think it's pretty awesome. The game manages to feel fresh while mostly staying faithful to the original.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
.hack//Link for me. Although I finished every last story related thing the other day. Theres still a few things left I'm trying to determine that even jp wikis fail ta site. Notes to be taken and stuff ta be tested cause my .hack anniversary threads not done for yet. I just need alil more time an preparing an junk!

On the side I've also been working towards a "normal" ending in Atelier Totori. I'll never achieve the best one an I wanna move onto Meruru regardless of spoilers so w/e. Normal is gonna be good enough for me!

Top Bottom