• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kain and Raziel playable in Guardian of Light.

RedSwirl

Where can you even get the Legacy of Kain games now anyway? The first Blood Omen and first Soul Reaver are both on PSN in North America, but that's all I've been able to find.

Which versions of the games are better? PC or PlayStation?

ArjanN said:
The Playstation version kinda sucked compared to the PC one though.

I wouldn't be suprised if they did do a Kain and Raziel game, maybe something smaller like Lara Croft GOL to test the waters.

Oh, and bring back Fear Effect while you're at it!
What was better in the PC version? I've only played the playstation version.

It basically becomes a Soul Reaver spinoff title with this, and because i hate lara crotch and his ridiculous companion, i might consider purchase

GAF, this is our chance: if we all buy Guardian of Light 5 more times along with the LoK DC maybe we can convince them to make another LoK game.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
TheRagnCajun said:
GAF, this is our chance: if we all buy Guardian of Light 5 more times along with the LoK DC maybe we can convince them to make another LoK game.
At this point I would settle for an HD Collection or Steam collection.

I would probably have to be hospitalized due to the excitement caused if another game was announced.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Mama Robotnik said:
I'd love a Steam release too.

A month a two ago, Legacy of Kain Anthology was released in Poland:

1184.jpg

A Steam bundle like that would be great.

Blood Omen is still my favourite in the series, but I can understand its exclusion as its an absolute nightmare running on Windows 7. It would be nice if they could include the PS1 original in an emulation wrapper but I'm sure that's a legal quagmire in itself.

There's no Blood Omen, but Blood Omen 2 is in it?! Lame.

Mama Robotnik said:
So, Crystal Dynamics ran a poll across forums (Official Eidos Forums and Tombraiderforums.com), and Twitter, asking their audience if they'd prefer they release the Kain and Raziel or Kane and Lynch character pack first.

The result: massive victory for Legacy of Kain in all three mediums, something like a ratio of six people asking for LOK over K&L.

The outcome: They release the Kane and Lynch pack first.

Huh?

Probably just trying to figure out which one they could charge for! D:

Is that Anthology in English and does it run on modern systems?

Baloonatic said:
Probably just trying to figure out which one they could charge for! D:

That'd be nice! They've seen the demand, and could right now be bringing Simon Templeman, Richard Doyle and Michael Bell into the studio to record new dialogue for a nice new short LOK story. That's why they've delayed it, to make a product wortth charging for!

I'm not holding my breath, but its as pleasant an explanation as any.

Is that Anthology in English and does it run on modern systems?

Unfortunately I don't know, I don't own it.

UrbanRats said:
Also, they need a new Legacy of Kain title, a reboot, like the first Soul Reaver to Blood Omen.

That would be great actually. Like the thousands-of-years gap between BO and SR, it would make the new story accessible to new players while rewarding fans with nods and story links, just like Soul Reaver did for Blood Omen players.

Mama Robotnik said:
So, Crystal Dynamics ran a poll across forums (Official Eidos Forums and Tombraiderforums.com), and Twitter, asking their audience if they'd prefer they release the Kain and Raziel or Kane and Lynch character pack first.

The result: massive victory for Legacy of Kain in all three mediums, something like a ratio of six people asking for LOK over K&L.

The outcome: They release the Kane and Lynch pack first.

Huh?

Because Kain and Raziel are the grand finale, top of the bill, the piece de resistance, the best and last, the cherry on top, the stars of the show.

Well its out on XBL, 400 points. I'm wondering if that poll was asking us which of the character packs we'd actually pay money for rather than what we'd like to see first.

Its certainly a lot of nonsense dialogue though, lines taken from the various games (and some unrecognised outtakes), all mashed jarringly together to make what could possibly called a story. Its a shame that the money paid didn't get the voice actors back into the studio to record a new sidestory but what's done is done. Its certainly abrasive to see the brilliant series dialogue (and Blood Omen 2) cut together in a fashion, but its at least a pleasant reminder of the LOK games. I've smirked a couple of times at the daftness.

Only done the first level though (have not played the game at all before) and it certainly seems to be rather fun.

Keep trying to shift into the spectral realm and glide off cliffs though, force of habit.

I've played it for a few hours now. This Tomb Raider is actually rather pleasant isn't it? First one I've played since the Sega Saturn.

The daft random LOK dialogue continues, its complete nonsense really. Was hoping for something a bit more for my money, maybe some unique abilities or anything.

They've also blatantly not done any lip-syncing or motion for Kain talking, as the camera cuts away from him or faces the back of this head every time he says something!

Well, its amused me at least. Probably worth the 400 points as a novelty.

Top Bottom