• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Obscure toys, shows, movies from your childhood

notsol337

marked forever
As a small child, I had a space shuttle toy that I absolutely adored. It had a launch pad and tower, a mechanical crawler, and separable solid rocket boosters and external tank. The shuttle itself even had a button that could jettison the external tank and boosters. To perpetually space-obsessed me, it was incredible. It was far more accurate than you'd expect from a toddler's toy. When I was 8 or 9, I decided to donate it to charity. I didn't really play with it much anymore and thought it was too awesome to sit unused in my room. I've never seen one since. Every once in awhile I search for it on eBay and Google but have yet to find it. The closest I've come is finding a picture of just the shuttle:

GQwZ7SY.jpg

What I wouldn't give to have one again.

My grandparents had one of these for me! It was the best playset ever. The astronaut had a little jetpack he could wear, too.

Here's one that I've actually seen back in shops. Stickle Bricks.

lIYIvev.jpg

IMG_0001%20sm.jpg

It's like their design brief was for a construction toy to compete with Lego, but they only metric they could beat them on was being more painful to stand on.

Another one that I actually loved was Construx.
4051651753_5479f6f2d7.jpg

This stuff was awesome for building bases and things for your other toys.

bengraven

What about Monster in my Pocket?

latest

I had a fair few of these as a kid. I liked the little snippets of background you got on each monster.

One of my grails from childhood. I want a ton of these so bad but every time I’ve looked them up they’ve been out of my range or didn’t have the figs I wanted.

I got a poster from somewhere that had all of the first series on it and I used to stare at it and circle the ones I wanted.

Cepheus

The Gnoufs. Some kind of French CG TV show with animals (or aliens?) that aired at 6AM on this random channel in the UK. I have never heard it mentioned anywhere, ever.

shawnlreed

All I know about StarCom is that when my I was young my parents told me and my brothers to study hard or we might end up pumping gas for a living.
Then I found this action figure with my exact name in StarCom, and my excitement was immediately deflated by realizing he is a gas pumper in space.

23987507818_b8a8e0ef77.jpg

Ronabo

All I know about StarCom is that when my I was young my parents told me and my brothers to study hard or we might end up pumping gas for a living.
Then I found this action figure with my exact name in StarCom, and my excitement was immediately deflated by realizing he is a gas pumper in space.

23987507818_b8a8e0ef77.jpg

LOL LOL LOL I died laughing at that!

Thanks! :)

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I may have seen BraveStarr in a distant time and far away place...

Marshall Bravestarr was awesome, i had a lot of those figures: Deputy Fuzz, the green bartender, Outlaw Scuzz, the robo horse, Marshall himself and the evil zombie bloke

What about the Meteorbs
fetch

Had a lot of these shitty things

Xero

bump for the board resurrection. movingover the weekend but have some more shows/movies i remembered i want to post about. that reminds me anyone remember a movie about alice from alice in wonderland but shes an old woman reminiscing about her days with lewis carrol and the wonderland tales. i mainly remember it because i think it was a bit depressing and i remember some of the handful of wonderland scenes they had her remember were a bit dark and it creeped me out as a kid.

Top Bottom