• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megyn Kelly's ratings hit all-time lows

tamronhall.gif

tumblr_mx8qwosgbz1qarjjvo1_400.gif

tumblr_n1csuxMunO1qarjjvo5_400.gif

darscot

Saw her on Ellen the other day and she is just not likeable. She still would grovel and pander to Trump. How slimey do you have to be when you can't appear likable on Ellen.

What in the world was NBC expecting?

Conservative shows are known for getting high ratings. There were several reports of specific plans MSNBC had of taking the network in a more conservative direction. It's why Greta was there and why they took so long to reup Laurence O'Donnell's contract. That whole scenario just happened to change because MSNBC's ratings have skyrocketed. But the deal with Megyn is already done, so there's no going back there. They were banking on conservatives coming over to watch her. But she really isn't doing anything on the network to appeal to them. And liberals aren't going to want to watch her show because of her past on Fox News.

GhaleonEB

She gave a Sandy Hook truther a platform. I'm very glad her show is crashing and burning.

NBC fucked up big time in thinking she would be a draw.

Enzom21

Lack has been trying to push NBC and MSNBC to the center or center right. Well he's getting what he deserves. Hope he loses his job. Pushed out Tamron, Olberman etc.

This and the fact that he had a hand in killing the Weinstein story means NBC would be insane to keep him... but it is NBC we're talking about here.

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
Pulll a Colbert and just shit on Trump 24/7 for ratings. It's not that difficult, NBC. Trying to make her the new Katie Couric was never going to work.

Good. She doesn't get to walk away from the horrible things she spouted for years....

She could, if she was talented enough to have another side to her; the world is full of distasteful people who can put up a convincing facade and be entertaining. But all those vile things she said are simply who she is. She is at her best when she has an enemy to attack, discredit, or lampoon. She's basically a white resentment robot pretending to be an actual person.

Johndoey

Banned
Who fucking thought this was a good idea? She's a deeply unlikable human.
Did they think people actually liked her? Or that her audience would follow instead of latching on to the next blandly attractive blonde woman a conservative network trotted out?

FiggyCal

Banned
She's got to be doing some real damage to the line up. I can't imagine everyone of NBC's viewers are shutting their tv's when she's on and immediately going back for the show after her.

She could, if she was talented enough to have another side to her; the world is full of distasteful people who can put up a convincing facade and be entertaining. But all those vile things she said are simply who she is. She is at her best when she has an enemy to attack, discredit, or lampoon. She's basically a white resentment robot pretending to be an actual person.

"White resentment robot" is absolutely the best way I've seen someone describe her.

Buckle

Who thought it was a good idea to hire a Fox News personality for this?

Were they looking for that sweet toxic nutcase demographic?

For people wondering why NBC hired Kelly, it's pretty simple.

When Trump won, executives' brains all immediately went to "Oh shit, there's more money in conservatism than we had originally thought! Quick appeal to their side! Hire Megyn Kelly!"

Unfortunately, they didn't realize that it's either Fox News or Infowars for those nutjobs so they ain't reaping shit.

Megyn Kelly on a morning show is just about the dumbest decision I've ever seen. She's such an ice queen, her ass should be in Frozen 2.

The Kree

Banned
How long until she eventually gets replaced with someone who costs a tenth of the money and gets quadruple the ratings?

I wonder how Tamron Hall's new show is working out production wise (wasn't going to start airing until 2018 afaik), given that it was being produced by the Weinstein Television group, and it seems unclear whether or not that company is going to survive.

They should replace that whole Today show with one of the various afternoon shows, my wife loves the Chew (?) one with Batali and Carla from Top Chef and the other fun personalities. One of the food networks also has one with a few Iron Chef folks and the guy who looks like Shaggy from Scooby Doo.

norm9

Being "hot" on a different network when it's not just old white retirees in their trailer just doesn't work; A minimum of journalistic ability is needed, even on the brunch shift. (And not being a hateful opportunist helps too)

eta- She's quickly aging out with younger, more hateful white chicks in the dugout ready to take over the title.

Do Better

this shit is going to go down as one of the dumbest experiments in TV history. What the fuck was any TV exec thinking trying to make Megyn Kelly into a morning show host? This is like Rush on ESPN or The Joe Buck Show X 1000 levels of stupid.

Joe Buck had his own show? We need a thread for mostly disliked people who somehow got their own shows.

Buckle

I'm sure the usual places will welcome her back gladly.

Can never have too many dead eyed fake personalities with blonde hair.

NBC also probably thought Megyn would get some centrist white female viewers who were inspired by her (faux) feminism in “standing up” to Trump during the 2016 primaries. Of course this was wrong.

diet white feminists becoming fans of megyn during the primaries was transparent as fuck.

A year ago she had a golden opportunity to cross over after the whole ”blood coming out of her whatever" thing. People had sympathy for her. People were rooting for her. The world had briefly forgotten about her awfulness.

Sympathy doesn't always translate to forgiveness. Just because Kelly is one of the million to be insulted by Trump doesn't mean people would forget her years of racist dog whistling.

NBC also probably thought Megyn would get some centrist white female viewers who were inspired by her (faux) feminism in ”standing up" to Trump during the 2016 primaries. Of course this was wrong.

Basically.

Two things can be true. 1) Trump's attacks on Kelly were disgusting. 2) Kelly,in her own words, is no angel.

br3wnor

23 million?

Holy shit, what a fucking joke.

I hope heads roll for this.

A year, for three years

So yeah, this was quite the expensive mistake for NBC. I always thought it made no sense, she was perfect for her role on Fox News, attractive blonde robot who scared viewers about minorities. The whole thing w/ day show hosts is you have to be likeable with a fun personality, you’re convincing viewers to spend an hour of their morning w/ you, they want the show to be fun and inviting. Megyn Kelly is the complete opposite of that.

My guess is they cancel the daytime show and move her more to a ‘news’ correspondent w/ her ultimate fate being the 2pm weekday slot on MSNBC where she can ride out the contract. Or she’ll agree to a buyout to save them money and find something on one of the nutty fringe right wing sites since Fox News probably isn’t going to happen.

I’m really glad this quickly put to bed the rumors of her taking Savanah Gunthrie’s spot on the Today show. It’s funny that execs even floated that idea given what a train wreck this has become.

Slayven

Lack has been trying to push NBC and MSNBC to the center or center right. Well he's getting what he deserves. Hope he loses his job. Pushed out Tamron, Olberman etc.
Almost lost O'Donnell too
Ouch. That's literally within the range of "left the TV on and left the room" viewers.
A lot of doctor's waiting rooms are turning the channel

So what is Tamron Hall and Anne(?) Curry is doing now

Sipping the hottest of tea

roker-stir-cup_c128170d15d44177b9985388221e57c0.gif

Top Bottom