• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need For Speed Most Wanted U |OT| Burned out, Upshift

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Off-TV play is amlost a no-go too if you want to win races, you can barely see most of the obstacles on the road infront of you until it's too late. A slightly higher camera angle and a bit more colour might have done it some good.
While a big screen definitely helps in racers, NFS off-screen has been far from no-go for me. Actually, I've been playing this game predominantly off-screen. The on-screen mirroring is neat too - allows for cinematic-like fun for any spectators, without all the hud elements. My young kids enjoy navigating me to nearby gas stations they've noticed earlier on the road, once I've done the eventual wreckage and they've 'scolded' me for that. I can definitely see the co-driver feature getting some intense use in my home a couple of years from now.

Jeppers, maybe I've been spolied by Forza: Horizon, but my first impression of this game isn't great. The IQ for starters is pretty bad - jaggies everywhere.

But the worst part of hte feel of the cars themselves, they all seem to feel exceedingly floaty, and I've I'm not crazy there seems to be some delayed response time in the controls. It's certainly no burnout paradise successor like somone's alluded too.

Off-TV play is amlost a no-go too if you want to win races, you can barely see most of the obstacles on the road infront of you until it's too late. A slightly higher camera angle and a bit more colour might have done it some good.
Yeah horizon is a great example when it comes to how clean racing games should have looked this gen.
But in terms of fun i prefer NFS: MW by faaaar.

What also sucks is that it doesn't seem to support the analogue triggers on the Classic Controller, it just treats them as digital input :( On that note, the Classic Controller is a surprisingly comfy way of playing this game.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Cannot wait to play this whenever my Origin copy comes in! It looks like great fun, and the price was too good to pass up.

I have a lot of gaming I need to do these days (Nintendo crammed everything at the end of their Quarter), but I know this will fit into my rotation.

JCH!

I'm at around 1.5 million SP now, haven't done any of the Most Wanted races, just trying to gold medal every race. I'm about halfway there now.

If anyone wants to add me my NNID is Brithor :D

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Jeppers, maybe I've been spolied by Forza: Horizon, but my first impression of this game isn't great. The IQ for starters is pretty bad - jaggies everywhere.

But the worst part of hte feel of the cars themselves, they all seem to feel exceedingly floaty, and I've I'm not crazy there seems to be some delayed response time in the controls. It's certainly no burnout paradise successor like somone's alluded too.

The input delay is one of the smallest in a 30fps game, but there's an acceleration curve. You have to tap out small steering adjustments.

The input delay is one of the smallest in a 30fps game, but there's an acceleration curve. You have to tap out small steering adjustments.

That and you have to let off the accelerator to compensate for oversteer which is really weird if you're used to analog triggers.

Controls are solid once you get a decent feel for it though.

And yeah, the PQ can occasionally get nasty. Doesn't stop the game from looking pretty great most of the time though.

blu

FWIW, game is 13th (right in front of ZombiU) in the UK all-time charts.

Frodo

Yes. Seems to be doing pretty well, huh? And MoHun released on the same day is also charting at the 11th position.

I'm really enjoying this game. Glad I bought it... :)

Zero148

the problem is, UK is a no market for WiiU.

In Germany the game is not in the all time top 20, but number 8 in this weeks charts.

I've just seen, Lego City is number 23 on amazon UK video game charts. Could it be the first WiiU game in a long time to make it UK TOP 40?

the problem is, UK is a no market for WiiU.

In Germany the game is not in the all time top 20, but number 8 in this weeks charts.

I've just seen, Lego City is number 23 on amazon UK video game charts. Could it be the first WiiU game in a long time to make it UK TOP 40?

no but only because monster hunter will beat it to it (barely)

Zero148

no but only because monster hunter will beat it to it (barely)

yeah, would be nice if MH could also do it. Actually I was surprised to see either of them in UK amazon Top 100. But nice to see the WiiU has at least a little bit life left in the UK, also if it is not much

yeah, would be nice if MH could also do it. Actually I was surprised to see either of them in UK amazon Top 100. But nice to see the WiiU has at least a little bit life left in the UK, also if it is not much

monhun is a cert but it'll almost definitely be very low (30 something) i did think nfs would make the lower reaches but the stock problems have probably put paid to that (possible it could sneak in at 39ish from online orders but not looking good), lego should do much better probably top 15 i've noticed nintendo have been swamping some kids channels with constant ads for it

Surfheart

NNID list so far:

Dead_Man_Typing
RipVanWinkle
KitschyKitty
BruiserBear
burgerdog
crmegabyte
4scarr
TheMainEvent
jodyanthony
frankie_baby
HeySeuss
Spiderduff
zaragoza
HyruleLegend
FrakEarth
puntervold
plufim
andthebeatgoeson
gamer1984
ReconPeon
BlockHeadBrown
ElectricKaibutsu
gamethriller
Dreamahm
DaFortune
Brithor
Roomba

Add me too! I need some Nintendo friends: Surfheart

Zero148

NNID list so far:

Dead_Man_Typing
RipVanWinkle
KitschyKitty
BruiserBear
burgerdog
crmegabyte
4scarr
TheMainEvent
jodyanthony
frankie_baby
HeySeuss
Spiderduff
zaragoza
HyruleLegend
FrakEarth
puntervold
plufim
andthebeatgoeson
gamer1984
ReconPeon
BlockHeadBrown
ElectricKaibutsu
gamethriller
Dreamahm
DaFortune
Brithor
Roomba

I will add my NNID too, will add you guys tomorrow, it is late in Europe. NNID is Zero148 like here in neogaf

Dicer

Banned
NNID list so far:

Dead_Man_Typing
RipVanWinkle
KitschyKitty
BruiserBear
burgerdog
crmegabyte
4scarr
TheMainEvent
jodyanthony
frankie_baby
HeySeuss
Spiderduff
zaragoza
HyruleLegend
FrakEarth
puntervold
plufim
andthebeatgoeson
gamer1984
ReconPeon
BlockHeadBrown
ElectricKaibutsu
gamethriller
Dreamahm
DaFortune
Brithor
Roomba

I'll get all these banged in when I can

Managed to tear myself away from bioshock long enough to get a few hours in with this game - really does look great! Now that I'm done with bioshock would be interested to try out some online action with fellow gaffers. NNID is the same as my user name : bequietdrive

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Really loving this game. I'm finding the music extremely enjoyable too.

Anyway, if anyone wants to feel better about their driving skills my NNID is Axis1500

Finished a race 3 seconds behind Smiles and Cries today *shakes fist*

EDarkness

I got over 7 million speed points for some reason. Not sure what happened, but it's made it easy to take on the Most Wanted. I have most of them down now and only have 3 left, I think. Been trying to take out Smiles' times, but some of the jumps he's done are hard as hell to beat. Heh, heh.

Game is fun as hell, but I really wish there was some sort of "ownership" of the cars. Tuning on the fly and changing cars and colors haphazardly just feels strange. I like having MY car with MY mods from the shop and stuff. Still, enjoying the game and hope everyone else is, too.

After 4 hours of play I got my first hard lock. This was the second time my Wii U has ever hard locked. The first time was when selecting a game in Wii mode. This time I was in a race and just landed after hitting a jump.

blu

I got over 7 million speed points for some reason. Not sure what happened, but it's made it easy to take on the Most Wanted. I have most of them down now and only have 3 left, I think. Been trying to take out Smiles' times, but some of the jumps he's done are hard as hell to beat. Heh, heh.

Game is fun as hell, but I really wish there was some sort of "ownership" of the cars. Tuning on the fly and changing cars and colors haphazardly just feels strange. I like having MY car with MY mods from the shop and stuff. Still, enjoying the game and hope everyone else is, too.
I was about to ask you how you managed to make 7M ; )

Game is brilliant, though. The more I play it the more I realize that. Despite the fact I get hard locks every other home-button press. Luckily, the game keeps close track of all events, so hardly anything is lost, aside from any ongoing events, but the WiiU Logger gets screwed up big time.

BTW, an observations that goes with a grain of salt: it appears to me that the lock-up at home button does not happen if I'm in the game menu, i.e. the '+' button menu. IOW, the lock-up does not occur if the game is suspended in its own menu. I'm curious if somebody can refute that.

rhoq

Finally got a chance to play this online yesterday. Very fun indeed.

Please feel free to add me, too - NNID: RhoqSolidEnt

gamingeek

Guys, I cannot seem to find this touch screen menu in the game that I saw in release screenshots.

image_53504_thumb_wide930.jpg

How do you access it? I've been using the d-pad to customise.

JCH!

Ugh, what was the reasoning behind the inclusion of the Ford Raptor in this game? It's so bad!
finished it's five races last night and it was such a chore.
The Evoque is a little better but I really don't understand why they'd include an SUV category but even if they totally had to, there were much better options!

BMW X5 M?

toon_link

Recieved my Origin order today, First impressions, the handling is really weird. Anyways I'll keep playing but I have class right now. Add me if you want
NNID: Toon-Link

Top Bottom