• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite: Industrial Revolution (preorder item, puzzle game)

That's kind of a hassle actually

Well, it was 2 minutes of browsing, logging in, opening "my orders", cancelling, re-ordering through the Infinite pre-order page...

BUT I STILL DIDN'T GET AN ACCESS CODE.

So yes, it is becoming a hassle. :)

I'll try and figure out what the heck is going on and report back.

Sabas

Banned
Guess the PC retail version doesn't activate on Steam? I pre-ordered the PC premium edition from Amazon, got the code, and went to the website.

jjHiv.jpg

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Been playing this for a little while. It's alright. Solid time waster, if nothing else. I kind of prefer this to just inputting a code and getting an early unlock, even if this is basically a more complex version of doing that. I'm siding with the Vox Populi first. Hopefully you can replay them and get the other set of unlocks as well.

Stark

Banned
Been playing this for a little while. It's alright. Solid time waster, if nothing else. I kind of prefer this to just inputting a code and getting an early unlock, even if this is basically a more complex version of doing that. I'm siding with the Vox Populi first. Hopefully you can replay them and get the other set of unlocks as well.

Was reading the FAQ last night and I thought I read that you cannot. D:

I've finished Industrial Revolution, and I gave all my support to one faction. Can I play it again in order to unlock all of the faction-specific rewards for the other faction?

Alas, you cannot. Your decisions are important. Every choice you make in Industrial Revolution is permanent! But you can always replay the puzzles, just for fun.

Unless you meant replaying under the same faction.

Has anyone in Canada preordered a physical copy and gotten a code?

FutureShoppe is not giving me any info and I'll just cancel with them and get it elsewhere if possible.

Lum1n3s

So can I just go into my local GS, pre-order with $5, get the code and then cancel it the next day or something? Because I pre-ordered through NewEgg a while back for the PC and il now they normally don't have pre-order incentives.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So can I just go into my local GS, pre-order with $5, get the code and then cancel it the next day or something? Because I pre-ordered through NewEgg a while back for the PC and il now they normally don't have pre-order incentives.

Amazon sent me my code the day after I moved from a standard edition preorder to the Premium Edition. They don't charge at all until the game ships.

mrgone

Guess the PC retail version doesn't activate on Steam? I pre-ordered the PC premium edition from Amazon, got the code, and went to the website.

jjHiv.jpg

It's definitely a Steamworks title, so we'll be able to (have to, even) activate it on Steam once it's released. They probably consider them different SKUs in the shadowy realm of marketing, though, even if they end up in the same place. For the unlocks I'm guessing the game just ties into the community site like the Rockstar's Social Club, Ubisoft's Uplay, Gearbox's Shift, etc.

Has anyone in Canada preordered a physical copy and gotten a code?

FutureShoppe is not giving me any info and I'll just cancel with them and get it elsewhere if possible.

Nothing here yet either. But they're generally pretty godawful at the pre-order stuff, Futureshop. If they're a week late without running out of codes or forgetting about everyone who'd preordered before the promotion rolled out it'd be a small miracle.

edit:
Got word from IG Ratana o'er on the Irrational Games blog that FutureShop will be mailing out codes by the end of the week.

:)
Totally missed this. Definitely good to hear!

Top Bottom