• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen coming to PS4/XB1 (fall 2017)

Dragun619

Damn, I love the shit out of this game and I'll probably double dip no matter what the fps is.

But 60 fps would be bliss, Capcom.

All you triple dippers are weak. I've bought:

Dragon's Dogma 360
Dragon's Dogma DA 360
Dragon's Dogma DA PS3
Dragon's Dogma DA PC

and this will be my fifth purchase. xD

Even used a Proxy to play Dragon's Dogma Online for a while on PS4 too!

Played like 3 hours on the PS3 but then had to sell it for funds. Got it on PS Plus but never got around to it.

I'll definitely buy it and actually play it this time!

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
So as I sit here mulling this game over and over again in my head with a huge smile on my face at work I am torn .. TORN FELLOW GAF

What class should i start out as???? My first self(s) was a hardline aaaaalmost min-maxed Assassin class with all the needed background for proper life and stamina and i ADORE it... but I've wondered about the life of a Mage turned hyper evil sorcerer... tornados and ice spikes and fire from the sky!!!!!!!!!

Can't decide brain explode.

So as I sit here mulling this game over and over again in my head with a huge smile on my face at work I am torn .. TORN FELLOW GAF

What class should i start out as???? My first self(s) was a hardline aaaaalmost min-maxed Assassin class with all the needed background for proper life and stamina and i ADORE it... but I've wondered about the life of a Mage turned hyper evil sorcerer... tornados and ice spikes and fire from the sky!!!!!!!!!

Can't decide brain explode.

The weapons you use matter much more than your stats. There's not much difference in attack damage from a pure Fighter and a pure Mage when using the same staff, IIRC.

Print_Dog

Always wanted to play this but last console gen was a bad financial period for me. Definitely gonna hop in this time around. I remember how good the gameplay was from a demo.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
The weapons you use matter much more than your stats. There's not much difference in attack damage from a pure Fighter and a pure Mage when using the same staff, IIRC.

Wrong. Bigly!

Your stamina pool is god and balancing those along with your vocation levels and then adding in all the bonuses absolutely matters when you're making Daigon runs every 5 minutes. This shit is real, son. REAL GOOD.

Awesome

Really loved Dragon's Dogma but never got around to getting the Dark Arisen version. This is the perfect excuse for a replay

Wrong. Bigly!

Your stamina pool is god and balancing those along with your vocation levels and then adding in all the bonuses absolutely matters when you're making Daigon runs every 5 minutes. This shit is real, son. REAL GOOD.

I got Daimon runs down! :p Dude was done in 30sec to my gold-forged Revenant Wail + 10fold flurry. I had so many lvl3 cursed armors I'd hire random pawns and dismiss them with 10 a piece lol.

I really enjoyed fighting the UrDragon.

Fighting the Online version was insane, just never died.

Although once while I was playing I was able to kill the online one and the drops were INSANE. xD

If this gets a physical release and its the same price as Capcom's recent remasters then I'll probably double dip. I got this game on 360, but didn't get very far, it's still on my backlog.

DVCY201

Every time I think about getting this, it gets ported. LOL wondering if a Switch version is on the cards down the road. Hope there's worthwhile improvements

Unity2012

Day One for Xbox One... or Scorpio by then.

This game was one my major fun-time-consuming adventures until the W3 came out. It is worth triple dipping.

Krakn3Dfx

Got it on PC already, and it's amazing there, good to see it making its way to current gen consoles tho for those who have only experienced the last gen version.

ALL you motherfuckers better buy this so we get DD2.

In case any of you are on the fence, here's some gifs from my LTTP thread:

Combo your enemy with a flurry of quick dagger strikes + a kick, pick him up, and let your pawn finish him off!

Play as a Magick Archer, shoot explosive arrows into a cyclops' kneecap, and finish him off when he topples over!

Speaking of Magick Archers, these crazy bastards can set themselves on fire. Perfect for taking down those bastard griffins!

Pawns are the real MVPs. They can even save your ass from a deadly fall!

More pawn goodness: a Warrior alley-oop!

Nighttime is actually scary. It gets dark as fuck and more deadly enemies prowl about.

Don't get cocky, or a troll might just dropkick your dumb ass off a ledge!

There's a guy on Reddit who posts amazing cosplay creations:

http://imgur.com/a/u7zjW

http://imgur.com/a/E5eAu

http://imgur.com/a/qGAVO

Masterworks all, you can't go wrong.

Sh1jiAo.jpg

CFZNjI9.jpg

fucking beautiful!!!!

thanks for the post :)

I never did do the expansion content on the PS3 version. I bought the vanilla version day 1 and then the Dark Arisen version came out on PS+ but I never got around to it. I will definitely be picking this up day 1. This is still one of the best action RPGs ever made, right up there with The Witcher 3 and Souls series IMO.

The Witcher 3 and the Souls series could never, ever complete with your beloved Caxton! :3

If it isn't 60fps, there's no point.

Agree with this tbh. 1080p@60fps would be grand though. People who missed this on PC (or don't have the rig to run it) will be amazed. This is an A tier RPG and one of the best ever in the ARPG subgenre. IT IS SO FUN. FUN. FUN. FUN.

doemaaan

Wouldn't mind giving this game another shot. Couldn't get into it the first time. Too many problems arose.
Not buying day one though. Going to wait for the reviews on this one.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'd like 60fps but what I really want is for them to dramatically increase draw distance and eliminate pop-in.

I'd honestly trade 30fps for that.

Man I loved this game but the back tracking was ridiculous in this game. I hope they add whatever those fast travel stones were earlier in the game. My memory is foggy but I think you could buy the stones but they were limited and expensive, up until the end of the game. Hope they remedy that a bit

The only problem with this getting a current-gen port is that no-one's going to want to play The Elder Scrolls or The Witcher afterwards, because the combat in Dragon's Dogma makes them seem like fucking Street Fighter 1 by comparison.

Possible dragons dogma 2 if this does well ?PLEASE

Unless this sells really well I wouldn't count on it. This is more just Capcom porting their back-catalogue to every current platform, like they did with Resi 0/Remake and Dead Rising 1 & 2.

Exentryk

The only problem with this getting a current-gen port is that no-one's going to want to play The Elder Scrolls or The Witcher afterwards, because the combat in Dragon's Dogma makes them seem like fucking Street Fighter 1 by comparison.

Lol no. The combat is amazing, agreed, but everything else is shit!

Top Bottom