• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stephen's Sausage Roll - 'The Dark Souls of puzzle games'

Bamboo

I just tried to beat the first level for like 20 minutes, and I think I got close!
there's no other controls than up,down,left,right, right? like, I can't use the thing that should totally be a fork that's on my face to fork the sausages?
Only the direction buttons. And the undo button. Use it! You can go back as many steps as you want without any drawbacks. Even after failing a level you can still walk around and undo stuff. And even if you accidentally restarted a level, you can undo that, too!
The beginning is the hardest part of the game. There is no real "first" level. Try out a different one if you're stuck for too long or get frustrated.

Well the space bar also re-randomizes the music. But in terms of gameplay, it's only the four direction buttons.

Nzyme32

Which of his other games are most like Sausage Roll? I played Country Tune, but I didn't really like it. SSR does so well due to its non-linearity and how it gels with its puzzle-design.

I really have no idea how someone can like SSR and then dislike ECT. They are both amazing little puzzle games. If puzzles aren't your thing, it seems far more likely you'll hate both rather than like one and dislike the other, as the logic involved is equally challenging, though I would SSR is much harder and thus a bit more of a turn off to some who get stuck quickly

dickroach

The beginning is the hardest part of the game. There is no real "first" level. Try out a different one if you're stuck for too long or get frustrated.

yeah, I ended up hopping around and ended up beating four or five levels last night. the one that's closest to where you start though, just to the right, I still can't crack.

DeanBDean

I did Twisty Farm! Not trying for a couple of days really works wonders.

The Great Tower, though...I don't even know where to start D:

Don't give up, and do your best not to look at a guide. I was stuck on Twisty Farm/The Great Tower for while, but when I finally got the Great Tower it was very satisfying.

Like most of these push puzzle type games, it can be best to work backwards from what the solution has to be. In the case of The Great Tower though, you first have to learn how to possibly get the sausages into a position where they can get cooked so you can then work backwards.

bonesquad

Why did I pay $10 to torture myself... My favorite moments so far are the two levels I grilled the perfect sausages, the end gate appeared, but I couldn't reach the exit. Sigh. I still managed to make my way to island two with three levels left, but that includes the aforementioned Twisty Farm and Great Tower. There's no hope left.

Hmm, English Country Tune is in my Steam library, but I've never played the game. Maybe I'll have better luck with that one.

Ok, back to work. I really haven't even attempted to solve Great Tower yet.The level is so intimidating...

Skinpop

The game is on 75% sale at steam, I think it's the cheapest its been at so anyone put off by the initial price should get in now. Picked it up two days ago and am absolutely loving it so far(just beat world 2).

Top Bottom