• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumored Chinese Forum Xbox720 specs: 8CoreCPU,8GB,HD8800GPU,W8,640GBHDD

ekim

"Insider" confirms rumored specs. (we discussed them in the PS4 thread) Other insider confirms this indirectly by heralding sending MS info about this leak.

Source : http://club.tgfcer.com/thread-6596213-2-1.html

Preface:

User "BD" was a former UBI (now other 3rd party) employee and says that he will leak infos about the 720's dedicated OS Ram, if MS will not spill the beans itself on E3.
Other users confirm his affiliation to the industry. This was done in course of a thread about the CVG 720 article we all know.

Now user " 战神blog", an alleged other insider, pretty much leaks the current (devkit?) specs:
Eight-core cpu, 8g memory, 8xxx graphics, windows 8 kernel specially os, 640g hard drive.

and later as an answer on the question whether an 8800 or 8900 series GPU is used:
(the 8880 seems to be a typo - I think he means 8800)

now "BD" comes back into the play and indirectly confirms this specs:
You're gone, I said you divulge sensitive information sent letters to the MS PR tomorrow.

Disclaimer : everything was translated via google translate.

Someone here speaking chinese and can confirm that I didn't misunderstand anything here?

Edit: it's AMD's 8800 series that is mentioned here. No idea whether 8850 or 8870. Most probably custom silicon in the final unit.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Aside from a massive harddrive those specs were exactly what I was expecting. Let's hope the PS4 can keep up.

H3xum

Wonder if these are the production stats? If it's dev, it'll likely change for the public release no?

Feature

Banned
lol 8800 graphics? That's pretty awful. I mean I had a 8800GTX and it was a good card for when I bought it (years ago). But it would never be able to run games at a high level.

Also is that BD guy telling the leaker that he's reporting him to MS?

Fook mi, thats better than my PC, cpu/gpu wise.
lol 8800 graphics? That's pretty awful. I mean I had a 8800GTX and it was a good card for when I bought it (years ago). But it would never be able to run games at a high level.
As in AMD HD8800, their latest GPU. Not Nvidia 8800.

derFeef

Uhm, AMD.

Could be - if so, the final box will have 4 GB of RAM.

This "half of the RAM" is a legacy from the past. 1gb over 512mb is logical, bit a big hit with 8gb to 4gb is not logical anymore.

ekim

AMD (not nVidia) HD8800 series. The one that's not even out. :)

i-Lo

badass, let's hope PS4 is there as well (if this is true)

That's the first thought that came to my head lol.

I'd honestly buy the XB3 if the specs stand. Argh... I really don't want to pay for Live though. Hopefully, as more entertainment boxes enter the console space with free online and host of functionality, perhaps MS will either reduce the price of XBL or make it free.... please let it be the latter.

Xdrive05

Wow. N-threading is going to hit in a big way going forward. Lots of slower cores VS a few really fast ones.

Isn't PS4 rumored to be more in line with a PC processor? Like a straight up quad core AMD?

I'm not too familiar with PC video cards.. What's an 8800 like compared to a 7970?

Edit: oh shit the 8800 isn't even out? Wow. That is some fucking power, god damn.

DaBuddaDa

lol 8800 graphics? That's pretty awful no? I mean I had a 8800GTX and it was a good card for when I bought it (years ago). But it would never be able to run games at a high level.

It's the 8xxx series from AMD that isn't even available on store shelves yet.

tsab

lol 8800 graphics? That's pretty awful no? I mean I had a 8800GTX and it was a good card for when I bought it (years ago). But it would never be able to run games at a high level.

slowclap.gif

Globox_82

Banned
That's the first thought that came to my head lol.

I'd honestly buy the XB3 if the specs stand. Argh... I really don't want to pay for Live though. Hopefully, as more entertainment boxes enter the console space with free online and host of functionality, perhaps MS will either reduce the price of XBL or make it free.... please let it be the latter.

lol

AMD...

syko de4d

I'm not too familiar with PC video cards.. What's an 8800 like compared to a 7970?

88XX series is not out yer so no idea. But i think a 7970 is still more powerfull, but not super much.

But i think the xbox3 will have a custom Chip, the 8800 is just the GPU in the dev kit until the custom GPU is done. Was it not the same with the xbox 360?

Takuya

Banned
Probably around 3-4gb RAM available to games while the other 2gb are reserved for the OS and all those ads and retailer-exclusive achievements.

mephixto

Banned
88XX series is not out yer so no idea. But i think a 7970 is still more powerfull, but not super much.

But i think the xbox3 will have a custom Chip, the 8800 is just the GPU in the dev kit until the custom GPU is done. Was it not the same with the xbox 360?

Next Xbox will have a custom chip between 7000 and 8000 series

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Time for some holy extrapolation batman.

8880 ey? Would that be close to a 7970? Gazing back at differences between say 6970 and 7870.

This reads like a fanboy's dream. 8GB + 8-Core + 640GB HDD? Good luck.

$10* says these specs are for devkit and devkit only. I don't see MS being so generous.

Imaginary dollars. God, I hope the specs are true!

Glass Rebel

If any of this is true, I wonder how a 8800 (or for that matter, whatever it was before the rebrand) would fare in a closed system. It certainly sounds like more than just an incremental upgrade.

Top Bottom