• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biohazard Chronicles HD Selection Announced for PS3

Sliver

Yoshichan said:
Guys. A full-fledged game with pre-rendered art in high definition doesn't take a weekend to make. Especially if it's supposed to be RE2-quality. Let's try to be serious here, please.

And they just outsource some terrible looking SOCOM rip-off? If they're going to rape the RE brand until it's dead I think RE2 and 3 remade would net the most cash.

Ridley327

Jaded Alyx said:
On-rails.
3079-2-monster-hunter-dynamic-hunting.jpg

Now we know the real reason why they made this game!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Matts Legacy said:
WHY??! I WANTS MY RE0 AND RE REMAKE IN HD NOT THESE!!! *Sigh* You have given us DMC Collection just finish it off with those Capcom :(

Well... This game is fully 3D whereas RE0 and REMake is pre-rendered.

I'll get this game regardless, had fun with HotD.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
At least we're getting RE0 to some extent:

RE:UC Wikipage said:
The game is composed of five scenarios that recapitulate the events of Resident Evil Zero, Resident Evil, and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, as well as new material pertaining to the Umbrella Corporation's downfall.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
ULTROS! said:
I'll get this game regardless, had fun with HotD.
HoTD is out on PS3? How is the calibration compared to the one on Wii, if you played that version too?

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
TheUnknownForce said:
Sounds like Capcom being Capcom again.

I kinda figured all the Wii rail shooter spin-offs would go to PS3 post-Move. Now, will the Move-induced lag be an issue is the bigger concern of mine.

I don't get this? The Move has a lot less lag than the Wiimote.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
MiamiWesker said:
Then Umbrella Chronicles is the superior game. I don't give a shit if it's a 2D side-scrolling beat'em up. Wesker is Resident Evil.

I played umbrella chronicles and it was good til i got to the third or forth chapter i think, i got stuck :mad:

the wesker side missions were awesome B^)

Yoshichan said:
Then Umbrella Chronicles is the superior game. I don't give a shit if it's a 2D side-scrolling beat'em up. Wesker is Resident Evil.
Soooooooo RE5 > RE4, given the amount of Wesker screen time in each?

Thunderbear said:
The Wiimote pointer has lag?

ULTROS!

Alextended said:
HoTD is out on PS3? How is the calibration compared to the one on Wii, if you played that version too?

It came out last week. I never played the Wii version but the calibration isn't wonky as compared to Time Crisis: Razing Storm. It's easy to calibrate plus I had no problems playing it sitting down. The Director's cut extends the original game (you need finish the original game so you can unlock the director's cut).

Alexios

Thunderbear said:
Lag in pointing? Outside horrible frame rate induced lag like in these, and I guess the bad implementation in Twilight Princess and a few other games, there's practically none. Playing SEGA's Ghost Squad and HotD 2 & 3 Return, calibrating them properly (which doesn't affect lag, just if you'll shoot where you actually aim) and turning off the crosshair nets you almost the same experience as in the arcades, you shoot where you aim with no delay as almost any would render playing that way horrible.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Jaded Alyx said:
Soooooooo RE5 > RE4, given the amount of Wesker screen time in each?
You got me there, buddy :(

I like RE5 but RE4 is like taking three ingredients: 2 tsp of perfection, 1c of masterpiece and 6 tbsp of pure brilliance. Mix that shit up and you get RE4. It just can't get any better than that.

Aeana

Thunderbear said:
The Move is better at detecting gestures, but the Wii pointer is much more precise and lagless in my experience.

2 more light gun games for me to play with my sharpshooter? Thank you Capcom. I don't care what other people say about you, you're OK in my book.

Yoshichan said:

I like RE5 but RE4 is like taking three ingredients: 2 tsp of perfection, 1c of masterpiece and 6 tbsp of pure brilliance. Mix that shit up and you get RE4. It just can't get any better than that.
Alright, just checking. You're not insane after all :)

ULTROS!

Yoshichan said:

I like RE5 but RE4 is like taking four ingredients: 2 tsp of perfection, 1c of masterpiece, 6 tbsp of pure brilliance, and 5 slices of cheese. Mix that shit up and you get RE4. It just can't get any better than that.

Fixed that for you

Yoshichan

ULTROS! said:
Fixed that for you
The end result would probably turn into some kind of Frankenstein/Wesker-combination. Frankert Weskerstein?

ULTROS!

alf717 said:
Just for shits and giggles could some post 1080P or higher screen shots of these games running with Dolphin? Also the link in the OP is giving me a 403 error.

Edit: Only 720, sorry. :(

s3n2o5.jpg

resident_evil_umbrella_chronicles_gamecube_5_wii_hd_high_res_emulator_dolphin.jpg

dolphin2010-07-2203-59xqv5.jpg

Alexios

Neuromancer said:
2 more light gun games for me to play with my sharpshooter? Thank you Capcom. I don't care what other people say about you, you're OK in my book.
If they don't finally take a look at SEGA's calibration process playing such games with a gun shell is pointless and can harm rather than aid the experience. Holding a "gun" or even just the remote/wand up to try and emulate "aiming", it is obvious you don't shoot anywhere near where you aim when the calibration isn't there, so they're best played like Sin & Punishment 2 or a Wii FPS or something instead, just resting the remote in your lap like any normal controller and using small wrist motions to point all over, which at least feels like pointing rather than pushing a cursor, when you can't see how far from where you actually aim the on screen indicator strays. Unless they make a gun shell designed for comfort during hip firing or something, that would maybe work to similar effect, but be kinda silly and pointless all the same. Imo of course.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
TheUnknownForce said:
Sounds like Capcom being Capcom again.

I kinda figured all the Wii rail shooter spin-offs would go to PS3 post-Move. Now, will the Move-induced lag be an issue is the bigger concern of mine.

There is nothing like that. God I can't stand that misconception. Keeps popping up in every Wii-to-Move game thread like lag free games such as Time Crisis Razing Storm or Dead Space Extraction never existed. Not to mention FPSs such as Killzone 3 and Resistance 3.

ULTROS!

neoanarch said:
is this a test, what do they promise if I buy this?

Remake of RE0 and REmake because RE:UC has some (if not most since I never played this game) of the 3D assets of RE0 and REmake?

Alextended said:
If they don't finally take a look at SEGA's calibration process playing such games with a gun shell is pointless and can harm rather than aid the experience. Holding a "gun" or even just the remote/wand up to try and emulate "aiming", it is obvious you don't shoot anywhere near where you aim when the calibration isn't there, so they're best played like Sin & Punishment 2 or a Wii FPS or something instead, just resting the remote in your lap like any normal controller and using small wrist motions to point all over, which at least feels like pointing rather than pushing a cursor, when you can't see how far from where you actually aim the on screen indicator strays. Unless they make a gun shell designed for comfort during hip firing or something, that would maybe work to similar effect, but be kinda silly and pointless all the same. Imo of course.
Eh. I think I'm a lot less anal about this stuff than you are, I doubt this would bother me.

Aaron

Mixed opinions here I see. I guess I'll wait until the collection comes out, though I'm loving HotD: Overkill in the meantime.

Alexios

Neuromancer said:
Eh. I think I'm a lot less anal about this stuff than you are, I doubt this would bother me.
Meh, anal or not what's the point of a lightgun game or how can it even be called that if you don't actually shoot where you aim and therefor need crosshair aids regardless of skill level? Hell, where's the skill if you use crosshair. The fun should be the skill in these games, they don't exactly have much else going for them, outside fan service.

Anth0ny

rockman zx said:
Now Zero and Remake, do it Capcom. Why not 360?.

Hmm, I'm guessing Capcom is allowed to release Zero and Remake on non-Nintendo consoles at this point? Only problem: they'd probably look like ass on an HD console =/

ULTROS!

Gravijah said:
will this require move

I have a feeling no because HotD and Time Crisis don't require Move... And they're lightgun games (though it's heavily recommended to use the Move).

Madao

isn't it shameless that Capcom is milking CVXfreak this much?

speaking of ports, which RE games hasn't Capcom ported yet?

Gravijah

ULTROS! said:
I have a feeling no because HotD and Time Crisis don't require Move... And they're lightgun games (though it's heavily recommended to use the Move).

cool. might rent.. or just rent the wii versions. who knows.

Top Bottom