• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's E3 Site up: "more than 20 new gaming experiences" being demoed

Globox_82

Banned
Yeah but they'll probably also include it in their E3 line up.I'm sure they want their Vita line up to look as strong as possible.

prepare your self for the slowest pressconference ever, with so many Vita game, a tall guy standing behind pointing with a giant camera over people shoulders to show Vita screen, making it the most awkward press ever. Let's hope everyone took care of their nails before going on stage.

gogogow

prepare your self for the slowest pressconference ever, with so many Vita game, a tall guy standing behind pointing with a giant camera over people shoulders to show Vita screen, making it the most awkward press ever. Let's hope everyone took care of their nails before going on stage.

Yeah, but surely Sony has a version (devkit version) that does support TV-out? Hope they are not gonna do it like last time.

Really, really hoping they show off Versus XIII as a big surprise. Since I doubt that will happen, I'm hoping for an equal showing for both PS3 and VITA, just bring lots of awesome and compelling games. Maybe a re-showing of Warrior's Lair, with a release date? Please?

Globox_82

Banned
Yeah, but surely Sony has a version (devkit version) that does support TV-out? Hope they are not gonna do it like last time.

you mean the one they used last time, oh wait never mind.

I seriously hope they have one of those, but they didn't have it last year, and not sure how good would it look on a giant screen.

Just imagine if it is scenario like the one I described earlier, but add some Japanese guy that needs translator OMG!!! It will be so boring.

gogogow

you mean the one they used last time, oh wait never mind.

I seriously hope they have one of those, but they didn't have it last year, and not sure how good would it look on a giant screen.

Just imagine if it is scenario like the one I described earlier, but add some Japanese guy that needs translator OMG!!! It will be so boring.

I know, but last time the Vita wasn't released yet, maybe they have a more advanced devkit version now, who knows. I wonder how Nintendo does it with the 3DS, AFAIK their devkit version just supports TV-out.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
I don't think quantity is that important. I mean Monster Hunter Vita and an awesome CoD Vita version would do more for the Vita then 50 other games combined. These E3 conferences work that way, it's always about one or two anouncements that took everybody off guard.

ironcreed

Banned
E3 has really snuck up on me this year.

It sneaks up every year. Seems like it hardly ends before the Fall gaming season rolls around, the year is over and then all of the sudden we are staring at yet another E3. Hard to believe that it is here yet again and we are nearly halfway through another year. Boggles the mind how fast time is flying.

Cesar

Banned

I don't get why it's so hard to build a PSvita with tv output.

So, here's what we know about that will probably form a part of that 20 game line-up.

PlayStation 3:
God of War Ascension
The Last of Us
The Last Guardian
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
LittleBigPlanet Karting
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
The Unfinished Swan
Papo & Yo

PlayStation Vita:
Call of Duty Vita
Assassin's Creed Vita
LittleBigPlanet Vita
Killzone Vita
Soul Sacrifice
Gravity Rush

I make that 14 games. What do you think the final six will be?

C_H_T

So, here's what we know about that will probably form a part of that 20 game line-up.

PlayStation 3:
God of War Ascension
The Last of Us
The Last Guardian
LittleBigPlanet Karting
The Unfinished Swan
Papo & Yo

PlayStation Vita:
Call of Duty Vita
Assassin's Creed Vita
LittleBigPlanet Vita
Killzone Vita
Soul Sacrifice
Gravity Rush

New Syphon Filter
David Cage's new game
New game from Media Molecule
New game from Guerrilla Games

Globox_82

Banned

PlayStation 3:
God of War Ascension
The Last of Us
The Last Guardian
LittleBigPlanet Karting
The Unfinished Swan
Papo & Yo

PlayStation Vita:
Call of Duty Vita
Assassin's Creed Vita
LittleBigPlanet Vita
Killzone Vita
Soul Sacrifice
Gravity Rush

Infamous 3
Dead Space 3
Assassins Creed the new one (the one I don't give a crap about)
Not sure why people assume all 20 are exclusives.

Mikey Jr.

PlayStation 3:
God of War Ascension
The Last of Us
The Last Guardian
LittleBigPlanet Karting
The Unfinished Swan
Papo & Yo

PlayStation Vita:
Call of Duty Vita
Assassin's Creed Vita
LittleBigPlanet Vita
Killzone Vita
Soul Sacrifice
Gravity Rush

That looks like a good list. I would get rid of Killzone vita, and put in Guerilla new IP in PS3.

There has to be a couple of Move games, right? If you look at Sony's line-up this year (Battle Royale, Sly Cooper, LittleBigPlanet Karting) it's very much tuned towards a family audience. I think they're targeting that to tie-in with the system's imminent $199 price-point.

I know people deem Move to be a failure, but motion controls are pretty family friendly after all, and I'd imagine they'd want something to push the controller alongside the cheaper PS3. I wouldn't be surprised if we got Sports Champions 2 this year, and I for one will be very excited to play it. I loved the original game -- best virtual table tennis ever.

Killzone Vita is a announced product, not sure why it should be removed from the list?

Yeah, Killzone Vita is definitely going to be there in my opinion. To be honest, I'm quite excited for that one. I hope it tries something different -- a combination between the strategy aspects of Killzone Liberation and the traditional first-person shooting of the console titles would be brilliant.

Sony Cambridge is a great developer, so I have lots of faith in the project. It's just a shame the title will be met with the predictable "console port" criticisms whatever it is. Oh well.

BD1

Banned
Sony needs to come out on stage, waste no air and just show game after game after game for Vita. Similar to Nintendo's redemption conference in 2010: nonstop games from start to finish.

AAK

Wow @ reading this thread... A lot of people expect the world from E3. I foreshadow a lot of whining & bitching once the press con's finish with everyone saying "that's it?"

Lower your expectations people.

ReaperXL7

PlayStation 3:
God of War Ascension
The Last of Us
The Last Guardian
LittleBigPlanet Karting
The Unfinished Swan
Papo & Yo

PlayStation Vita:
Call of Duty Vita
Assassin's Creed Vita
LittleBigPlanet Vita
Killzone Vita
Soul Sacrifice
Gravity Rush

I don't think Last Guardian will be there, I could be wrong(hoping) but I really doubt it.

Gravity rush I don't think will be there either, but who knows since Sony did show Infamous 2last year during their conference.

If those are all part of it though, I would hope the six are atleast spread out between PS3 and Vita, Lets say 3 for both.

PS3:
A Media Molecule game
Quantic Dreams next game
One Third party exclusive (or third party game with exlcusive tie-ins)

PSVita:
keiji inafune's Vita game
Unannonced First party game, likely fron Bend
The same third party exclusive for PS3, but for the Vita, features cross-play between the two.

I'm mainly interested in the Vita stuff, but it is nice to see Sony still pushing support for the PS3, despite the likelyhood of the next console coming sometime in 2013. Sony has always been pretty good about that.

E3 hasn't been worth a grain of salt for many years now.

Except for Nintendo fans who cream themselves everytime a remake or sequel is announced to decade old series.

Not that you shouldn't be excited for things you love.

Like every year I'll cross my fingers for Colony Wars HD, please Kaz let it happen, we don't need CoD clone No. 999.
ZoE 3 would be smashing too ;)

Look at all that PlayStation 4 hinting!

Sony said:
Join PlayStation executives as we announce the future of gameplay and innovation.

Future of gameplay!? New control method blending the Move with a smartphone with a Kinect-style camera!

Sony said:
GET YOUR HANDS ON THE CONTROLLER...

PS4 incoming! People get to touch the controller!

Sony said:
Be one of the first to witness the launch of more than 20 new gaming experiences.

Launching games!? 20 of them!? PS4 shock announcement and release!

Sony said:
The thrill will last long afterward.

It'll be so awesome, the thrill will last long afterword! I have figured it all out!

I'm joking, GAF.

I think expecting 20 new, unannounced games is a little unreasonable. There will certainly be a few surprises I'm sure, but I think most of them are already announced and they say "new" because they haven't been released yet. Pretty crazy how close E3 is... felt like it was only a little while ago that we had the last one. Booking Monday and Tuesday off work!

I just hope they have a lot planned for the Vita. I mean, they have to or they are pretty much just signing away the Vita. I think they might space the conference out between PSN, Vita and PS3 with the PS3 likely closing out the show with either God of War or The Last of Us.

SykoTech

PlayStation 3:
God of War Ascension
The Last of Us
The Last Guardian
LittleBigPlanet Karting
The Unfinished Swan
Papo & Yo

PlayStation Vita:
Call of Duty Vita
Assassin's Creed Vita
LittleBigPlanet Vita
Killzone Vita
Soul Sacrifice
Gravity Rush

Good lineup. Best of all, it leaves some room for for new reveals. Especially since the chances of The Last Guardian being demoed are probably low.

Come on, Jak 4 announcement Sony!

Wow @ reading this thread... A lot of people expect the world from E3. I foreshadow a lot of whining & bitching once the press con's finish with everyone saying "that's it?"

Lower your expectations people.

Aren't you the room who has been constantly saying Versus will be shown off at E3, and at MS's conference to top it off?

Might want to take your own advice there. :p

I predict TLG to show up at TGS and be announced for spring 2013. I have a pretty good track record at guessing this stuff too.

I doubt there will be Syphon Filter for PS3.

Reallink

This is the first time since at least 2005 (possibly ever) that Sony, MS, and Nintendo have all been in the same hall.

My prediction for E3 this year:

Start
→ Video montage that shows only old/already announced games, Sackboy will do something funny, there will be one new game/character in this montage.

→ 'Momentum... PlayStation Family... PS Vita launch great, best software lineup of any launch ever'. Sony is also proud to have Netflix and Skype on their system. They're proud to have the Vita features, they're proud to be able to offer everything for free. They'll also mention that PS+ is a great success. Now they'll quickly mention that indie developers can now develop for a variety of PS branded systems. They'll also not forget to mention all the additional apps they've released on PSN (the photo app, music unlimited) and that one will also be shown in their video presentation.

It will be pointed out that Vita is the only gaming system where retail games get released day-in-date on the PSN. Customers are satisfied with that.

→ Another video montage. Sackboy will make funny faces.

→ Now it's about the games. Sony will announce spin-offs of their major franchises for PS Vita. There'll be a God of War, there will definitely be an EyePet game, and one game that no one expected. I could imagine something like the next David Cage project coming to Vita. They'll show Vita ports of console games and talk about the exclusive characters/DLC or something like that. They'll talk about many games currently in development.

They'll now show gameplay on stage (new, unannounced games).

→ Video Montage. Not 100% sure but Sackboy might appear to do something incredibly funny.

→ Let's shift to PS3. PlayStation 3 has, thanks to the amazing software lineup and free online, been doing great. No other platform offers the same experiences, no other platform offers that much variety.

→ Announcement of PS3 games. There will be a few Move enabled games but they'll all be from Sony – third parties dropped the ball and will not make a single game exclusive to move (aside from PSN stuff). Sony will talk about Move numbers and how much inferior Move is to everything else.

→ Video Montage.

→ Someone will step on stage with a Vita in their hand. Now the release of the PSOne Emulator will be announced. It'll be either available right after the show or very soon after. Not all games will work right from the start. The person on stage will wait for applause – nothing will happen.

Somewhere in between Sony will show games like The Last of Us, God of War, a new inFamous game, the Soul thing for Vita, The Last Guardian. TLG will come out this holiday season. FF versus XIII will not be shown or mentioned. Music wise, Sony will go the dubstep route this time around. Music will be way too loud, of course. The conference will start 15 minutes later than planned.
This is your prediction? Do you storyboard these things? Haha.

spats

My prediction for E3 this year:

Start
→ Video montage that shows only old/already announced games, Sackboy will do something funny, there will be one new game/character in this montage.

→ 'Momentum... PlayStation Family... PS Vita launch great, best software lineup of any launch ever'. Sony is also proud to have Netflix and Skype on their system. They're proud to have the Vita features, they're proud to be able to offer everything for free. They'll also mention that PS+ is a great success. Now they'll quickly mention that indie developers can now develop for a variety of PS branded systems. They'll also not forget to mention all the additional apps they've released on PSN (the photo app, music unlimited) and that one will also be shown in their video presentation.

It will be pointed out that Vita is the only gaming system where retail games get released day-in-date on the PSN. Customers are satisfied with that.

→ Another video montage. Sackboy will make funny faces.

→ Now it's about the games. Sony will announce spin-offs of their major franchises for PS Vita. There'll be a God of War, there will definitely be an EyePet game, and one game that no one expected. I could imagine something like the next David Cage project coming to Vita. They'll show Vita ports of console games and talk about the exclusive characters/DLC or something like that. They'll talk about many games currently in development.

They'll now show gameplay on stage (new, unannounced games).

→ Video Montage. Not 100% sure but Sackboy might appear to do something incredibly funny.

→ Let's shift to PS3. PlayStation 3 has, thanks to the amazing software lineup and free online, been doing great. No other platform offers the same experiences, no other platform offers that much variety.

→ Announcement of PS3 games. There will be a few Move enabled games but they'll all be from Sony – third parties dropped the ball and will not make a single game exclusive to move (aside from PSN stuff). Sony will talk about Move numbers and how much inferior Move is to everything else.

→ Video Montage.

→ Someone will step on stage with a Vita in their hand. Now the release of the PSOne Emulator will be announced. It'll be either available right after the show or very soon after. Not all games will work right from the start. The person on stage will wait for applause – nothing will happen.

Somewhere in between Sony will show games like The Last of Us, God of War, a new inFamous game, the Soul thing for Vita, The Last Guardian. TLG will come out this holiday season. FF versus XIII will not be shown or mentioned. Music wise, Sony will go the dubstep route this time around. Music will be way too loud, of course. The conference will start 15 minutes later than planned.

snapstradamus *bow*

AAK

Aren't you the room who has been constantly saying Versus will be shown off at E3, and at MS's conference to top it off?

Might want to take your own advice there. :p

I stand by that statement :p

If it isn't going to be shown at E3, whenever it's going to be shown, it will be revealed as a multiplatform title... and MS won't let something like that go unmarketed. And hence that's also why I assume development has been taking so long. The team is working to get the 360 version up to the same state of development as the PS3 version for the eventual simultaneous release.

Top Bottom