• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever had any success with a hail-mary before a ghosting?

Girl I assumed was ignoring me basically txted me after 2 days with a 'sorry I missed your call', but nothing more. I asked when she was free and I got a 'I'm feeling a little sick, we'll see' I'm thinking like, don't be sorry, just call me back, you know?

I just want to ask her straight up: do you want to keep dating me ? Is this over or is she just genuinely busy/having a bad week?

I think I know the answer tbh. But I rationalize that I have nothing to lose: if it's over, this won't hurt anyway. If it's not, I might get a straight answer.

I'm prepared to be roasted by the thread regulars. But our motto is 'just do it', right? I want to hear the words 'it's over' so I can move on without a doubt. If this was a random online date I wouldn't care. But we've going steady for a bit over a month and have mutual friends so it's weird that she would behave like that.

You seem to already have rationalized why it's a good idea so. . .

jimmypython

Girl I assumed was ignoring me basically txted me after 2 days with a 'sorry I missed your call', but nothing more. I asked when she was free and I got a 'I'm feeling a little sick, we'll see' I'm thinking like, don't be sorry, just call me back, you know?

I just want to ask her straight up: do you want to keep dating me ? Is this over or is she just genuinely busy/having a bad week?

I think I know the answer tbh. But I rationalize that I have nothing to lose: if it's over, this won't hurt anyway. If it's not, I might get a straight answer.

I'm prepared to be roasted by the thread regulars. But our motto is 'just do it', right? I want to hear the words 'it's over' so I can move on without a doubt. If this was a random online date I wouldn't care. But we've going steady for a bit over a month and have mutual friends so it's weird that she would behave like that.

I did it last week it went straight from "I am not ready to have a boyfriend but I still want to keep seeing you" to "I think we should stop talking to each other for a while"

Yeah I am an idiot on so many levels. I was doing wrong moves every single step. Basically I couldn't keep my emotions and feelings in check lol.
it hurts

Peltz

YO! What happened to the unbelievable model looks woman?

She ignored me and we never went out. The problem worked itself out lol.

I did it last week it went straight from "I am not ready to have a boyfriend but I still want to keep seeing you" to "I think we should stop talking to each other for a while"

Yeah I am an idiot on so many levels. I was doing wrong moves every single step. Basically I couldn't keep my emotions and feelings in check lol.
it hurts

Eh... it's not wrong to get emotional after a certain amount of time with someone you really like. If you find yourself getting emotional and attached to every single girl you meet after a few dates, then yea it would be an issue.

But if you're dating for a while and really like someone and want something more? Go for it and be real with her. It's better to get rejected in that situation than be strung along.

Broke up with my girlfriend of over a year yesterday. Even if you're the one doing the breaking up it still hurts. Like a lot.

She just got done moving all her stuff out. The place is very empty. I feel very alone.

Lulubop

Broke up with my girlfriend of over a year yesterday. Even if you're the one doing the breaking up it still hurts. Like a lot.

She just got done moving all her stuff out. The place is very empty. I feel very alone.

w2ZlpSd6.png

Delete facebook, lawyer up and hit the gym bro.

Seriously though, we've all been there. It sucks, but you'll feel better soon. Keep busy, go out, hang out with friends, exercise and all that other good stuff.

jimmypython

Eh... it's not wrong to get emotional after a certain amount of time with someone you really like. If you find yourself getting emotional and attached to every single girl you meet after a few dates, then yea it would be an issue.

But if you're dating for a while and really like someone and want something more? Go for it and be real with her. It's better to get rejected in that situation than be strung along.

Yeah....I posted my story several pages ago but yeah, it was 9 months lol

Nah, you invested enough to deserve a straight answer. Go for it.

What? No! She obviously wants nothing to do with him now. Time to move on.

Fair enough, I screwed up. Thanks for keeping me honest GAF. Should have been more honest with her as well. I've had the opposite happen to me more than once and the girl would say it wasn't clear we were confirmed to meet. Now I know what that actually means.

Fuckboi behavior tbh

😏

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Fuckboi behavior tbh

😏

If this is what it means to be a fuckboi:

A sweet talker that goes around sticking it in everything that has a hole or moves. Also typically found living in fraternities, but not necessarily so. The fuccboi is also generally good looking, and wears trendy/hipster clothes in order to attract his victims.

I guess it's the modern equivalent to player/douchebag. Stereotypically, the guy girls say they dont want but somehow are always dating.

A dude who will say whatever to get into a girls pants, and then ghost afterwards (not always immediately) for his next prey.

It's mostly just a manipulative guy not interested in anything but getting kills. Not interested in a relationship or anything serious but not honest or upfront. Basically just a dick.

Then I fucking wish! I get laid like once every 20 first dates. Most of them end with the girl saying "I had a good time but just not feeling it-good luck!"

bluethree

I dunno what her deal is exactly, maybe it wouldn't hurt to ask one more time, but just because you're in the same social circles doesn't mean you won't be treated poorly. Last year I got ghosted by someone a friend introduced me to, for example.

Just had to break things off with this super sweet girl who seemed really into me. Feels bad, man. The difference in the tone of her texts before and after was like night and day. :-(

Just had to break things off with this super sweet girl who seemed really into me. Feels bad, man. The difference in the tone of her texts before and after was like night and day. :-(

Sometimes people take it a bit roughly. Seems you may have dodged a bullet if she can't take it well that you don't think it's gonna work out.

Sometimes people take it a bit roughly. Seems you may have dodged a bullet if she can't take it well that you don't think it's gonna work out.

She actually didn't react poorly or anything. Just seemed really down about it. I think I sorta blindsided her since the two dates we went on both went really well (I only broke it off because of the distance).

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
What happened to you Lemonardo? I thought you were the dating expert.

Working on it. I think I have fuckboi potential but some bad habits and lack of social experience have been holding me back..
Getting much better though - currently gaining experience being the one ladies pursue rather than vice versa. As you can see I'm still making mistakes and learning in this area.

While a confirmation on the day of the date is usually standard practice, you can't just assume that if she doesn't confirm then you can just go to sleep. Let's be real here, you thought you had an easy out, so you made no effort to confirm yourself.

Just so you know, you can easily quote multiple posts by pressing the + icon next to the "quote" button.

Ah! Thank you.

Leeness

Sooooo...

Work guy gave me his cell number yesterday after a work issue came up and I wasn't in the office, though I was messaging him on the work IM program easily enough.

"Btw if you ever need me in a hurry, here's my number. I'm on WhatsApp."

This is just in context of work, yes? That's how I'm treating it and won't be texting him, but still. <_< Just want opinions... Had a couple people thinking one way and a couple thinking another.

As a note, if I ever "need him in a hurry" at the office, I can always reach him through the office IM system because he has it on his phone, so... Why do I need WhatsApp? &#129300;

I don't know &#128532; Don't laugh at me, I don't know what's going on.

Salamando

Sooooo...

Work guy gave me his cell number yesterday after a work issue came up and I wasn't in the office, though I was messaging him on the work IM program easily enough.

"Btw if you ever need me in a hurry, here's my number. I'm on WhatsApp."

This is just in context of work, yes? That's how I'm treating it and won't be texting him, but still. <_< Just want opinions... Had a couple people thinking one way and a couple thinking another.

As a note, if I ever "need him in a hurry" at the office, I can always reach him through the office IM system because he has it on his phone, so... Why do I need WhatsApp? &#129300;

I don't know &#128532; Don't laugh at me, I don't know what's going on.

He wants to either talk outside of work or about topics he doesn't want HR spying on. Exactly what his intentions are, I've no idea. Texting him a little to see when/what he talks about will clear this picture up alot.

Leeness

He wants to either talk outside of work or about topics he doesn't want HR spying on. Exactly what his intentions are, I've no idea. Texting him a little to see when/what he talks about will clear this picture up alot.

I gave him my number too and said "same", so I mean...if he wants to speak about something he doesn't want HR to see, he can message me. :/ I don't know, I don't think it's a good idea to send him texts that aren't work related... I don't know how that conversation would go anyway. "Added you!"? :/ I don't want to overstep at all.

Salamando

I gave him my number too and said "same", so I mean...if he wants to speak about something he doesn't want HR to see, he can message me. :/ I don't know, I don't think it's a good idea to send him texts that aren't work related... I don't know how that conversation would go anyway. "Added you!"? :/ I don't want to overstep at all.

Gimme some history here. How often do one of you need the other in a hurry? Has there been instances where the work IM and email has failed your communication needs? Have there been moments where a work issue came up and you weren't in the office previously?

Leeness

Gimme some history here. How often do one of you need the other in a hurry? Has there been instances where the work IM and email has failed your communication needs? Have there been moments where a work issue came up and you weren't in the office previously?

I mean, he and I don't "need" each other often. It's more like "come help with this issue someone else is having". And no, work IM or email are perfectly fine. I don't think this kind of thing has come up before, so it was a new issue where I was messaging him from outside the office, but...it worked fine, so I don't see why we'd need another form of communication haha.

I dunno. I'm sure it's really nothing haha. Just wanted to see what others thought. &#128532;

Sounds like he's trying to make a move with the safety net of "It's for work emergencies" if you don't take it well. Don't text him.

Leeness

Sounds like he's trying to make a move with the safety net of "It's for work emergencies" if you don't take it well. Don't text him.

He's interested in you.

I mean, if he was, wouldn't he reply to things like "have a good weekend!" and stuff? Lol. I wished him a nice weekend because he's taking tomorrow off and he never got around to replying &#129335; He usually does, but not today haha.

I'm not going to text him at this point because I don't want to overstep and be the weird work girl with a crush, though I wouldn't mind being friends outside of work a bit even if it was just chatting casually. I don't know. &#128560;

Solo

All I know is that a) he already has means to get ahold if you about work, so exchanging numbers makes no sense unless his interests are beyond work and b) I have never asked for a girls number or given her mine unless I was interested.

I mean, if he was, wouldn't he reply to things like "have a good weekend!" and stuff? Lol. I wished him a nice weekend because he's taking tomorrow off and he never got around to replying &#129335; He usually does, but not today haha.

He's saving the reply for the weekend, it's a great lead into "what are your plans this weekend?" If he just said "you too" now he'd have to send an unsolicited text over the weekend. If he's got some bottle you'll hear something Friday/Saturday morning.

Leeness

All I know is that a) he already has means to get ahold if you about work, so exchanging numbers makes no sense unless his interests are beyond work and b) I have never asked for a girls number or given her mine unless I was interested.

He's saving the reply for the weekend, it's a great lead into "what are your plans this weekend?" If he just said "you too" now he'd have to send an unsolicited text over the weekend. If he's got some bottle you'll hear something Friday/Saturday morning.

I would be very, very surprised if I heard anything from him without me saying anything first haha.

I don't know. &#128560; I'm sure you guys make good points but I don't know if I see it. I'm usually the one talking at him haha.

What is this thread?

Leeness asking about a guy?

Ray Wonder in a serious relationship?

Johnny Cage dropping truth bombs?

Fuckbois?

By the end of 2017, Jason's Ultimatum will regale us with perfectly normal engagement plans.

Salamando

I would be very, very surprised if I heard anything from him without me saying anything first haha.

I don't know. &#128560; I'm sure you guys make good points but I don't know if I see it. I'm usually the one talking at him haha.

You obviously know this guy better than us. Here's my takeaway though...

- Exchanging numbers solves a problem that doesn't exist. And it happened the same week you two got lunch. Coincidence?

- He's engaged and you're an attractive female. For anything leaving the bounds of work, he's going to proceed very slow. That is some unsteady ground there.

- Whatsapp is a more personal way of communication that offers no (obvious) benefits over the work IM system.

- Exchanging numbers solves a problem that doesn't exist. And it happened the same week you two got lunch. Coincidence?

- He's engaged and you're an attractive female. For anything leaving the bounds of work, he's going to proceed very slow. That is some unsteady ground there.

- Whatsapp is a more personal way of communication that offers no (obvious) benefits over the work IM system.

Engaged is just like a reserve on a person, you can break it at anytime. Unlike a divorce that has complications.

Leeness

We've had lunch before...haha. &#128560;

I read engaged as interested in this context not like he has a fiancee. If he has a fiancee don't flirt with him that's a shitty thing to do.

He's got a fiancée. I don't flirt, so... And like I said, not going to text him. And I don't think he will text me, so, I don't think anything is going on haha.

Salamando

Engaged is just like a reserve on a person, you can break it at anytime. Unlike a divorce that has complications.
It's not like Leeness's goal here is to hump his brains out. She just wants a platonic male friend. For an almost-married man, there's some care needed in trying to friend a single female. Wrong signals, a whole world of shit rises up.
We've had lunch before...haha. &#128560;
Hey, he might really just want to be friends!

The number exchange is...something...what do you want it to be?

Leeness

It's not like Leeness's goal here is to hump his brains out. She just wants a platonic male friend. For an almost-married man, there's some care needed in trying to friend a single female. Wrong signals, a whole world of shit rises up.

Hey, he might really just want to be friends!

The number exchange is...something...what do you want it to be?

"though I wouldn't mind being friends outside of work a bit even if it was just chatting casually." <-- this one. I think &#128560;

I dunno, there's quite the potential.

Everyone in work has my number, because I'm the boss lol. But that has been used as an excuse to get it for non work reasons over the years.

xRaizen

You guys have any tips on getting over someone? I've been on more than a few dates since I split with my first girlfriend (back in December) but.. I still think about her a lot. And I shouldn't, because she was emotionally abusive and used me financially, among many other things.. but even after all of it I guess I still have feelings?

Ugh. I can't even bring myself to block and delete her number..

Leeness

Leeness, is your line of work one where people need to contact you while you are out of the office?

Not really. I mean, I'm partial user support and I've been there for a while, people know that I have my email/IM on my phone and that they can contact me outside of work and I'll try to reply. But technically I could leave emails after work hours and not reply until the next day if I wanted to.

And thanks everyone for replying to me... It's kind of left me confused lol, but I do appreciate the opinions. This really never comes up in my life, so I don't know what's up. Anyway, I'll tell you guys on Sunday when he doesn't contact me over the weekend lol

As a soon to be married man, I can admit that the urge to have one last 'fling' (fuck session) rattles&#8203; around occasionally...

He's engaged to be married... I'd tread somewhat carefully. You're looking for a friend, he might only be interested in having sex.

Leeness

As a soon to be married man, I can admit that the urge to have one last 'fling' (fuck session) rattles&#8203; around occasionally...

He's engaged to be married... I'd tread somewhat carefully. You're looking for a friend, he might only be interested in having sex.

I will be careful. Thank you. I feel like that's not really what he's interested in (we've been talking for a while now) so I'm hoping he just wants to be friends :)

You guys have any tips on getting over someone? I've been on more than a few dates since I split with my first girlfriend (back in December) but.. I still think about her a lot. And I shouldn't, because she was emotionally abusive and used me financially, among many other things.. but even after all of it I guess I still have feelings?

Ugh. I can't even bring myself to block and delete her number..

You still think about her because you haven't allowed yourself to fully process the relationship, its end and all the issues that arose.

You've thrown yourself into dating when you should take a short while to get over it, maybe see a counsellor to help with the abuse issues. Emotional abuse doesn't just go away, it'll end up rearing its head in unexpected ways.

And you need to block her. You need to do it. It's the first step in putting the relationship behind you and moving forward. Remove her from all social media too.

I will be careful. Thank you. I feel like that's not really what he's interested in (we've been talking for a while now) so I'm hoping he just wants to be friends :)

Yeah, don't take my example as something he might be doing, especially if you have lots of casual interactions before the number exchange. It's not even a huge thing either, it's just something that rattles around when I think I'm going to be with the same person for what might be the rest of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom