• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I totally screwed up everything and I'm going to be alone forever now

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedZaraki

Banned
Was dating an amazing girl for a while who I rarely got to see.

One random weekend my Ex GF came back into my life out of nowhere, sorry for all past faults and promising she'd changed. I believed her and we hooked up.

After the weekend I began to doubt this move, and told the girl I was dating what happened. She was flabbergasted and stopped talking to me.

Pissed off I argued with my Ex about what she'd done, even though it was my fault.

I didn't hear from the girl for 2 weeks, and became upset with myself, and lonely. Started to talk to the Ex more and hooked up with her again. This time it felt like we were back in a relationship.

Fast forward a week. Same old same old shit that led to our breakup in the first place. Money arguments, me valuing alone time, me not being 100% comfortable with her pets. A bunch of non-starters and a feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach of "If I get her pregnant I'm going to be miserable forever" and "If we get married someday we'll probably get a divorce later on". That stuff. While she was blissful I'd forgiven her and gotten back with her.

Note about my Ex: She split with me, out of nowhere, 2 years ago, and ran off and married another woman. They are now getting a divorce, and still in the process of filing that paperwork.

Over all this, I drove over to her place and broke up with her once and for all today. She didn't like my explanation why. I told her we always argue. She said we didn't. I told her I'm not even close to wanting marriage or kids. She said neither is she. I told her it just didn't feel right. She said ok see ya and slammed the door.

We were borrowing each other's stuff. I won't get it back. I already started to buy replacements. I am going to leave her stuff at her doorstep tomorrow though. I don't steal shit.

The girl I was dating texted with me today. Letting me know that she likes me a lot. We'd been going together for months now. She said I was the first person she truly saw a future with. She suffers from depression herself in the past.

Today I texted the full story to her. How I had sex with my ex while we weren't talking. I never expect to hear back from her. I just made my peace, crafted the full story text and hit send.

And now I'm here. I cried and screamed into my pillow for a few minutes. I had everything and then my damn leftover emotions took over and made me nostalgic for when me and my Ex were happy.

I'm the only one to blame. I feel like a lying cheating piece of human garbage. I'm only angry at myself. And I realize now that I really don't deserve a partner or kids. I probably need to be alone now. I was even considering getting a pet, but I don't think they deserve me either.

I hate this.

Sorry for the vent. No one else is intuned to my personal life. Not even my Dad or brother know about the people I date. But I needed to tell someone else this story.

I hope everyone else here looks at their own relationships and appreciates them. Don't ever hurt people. People that are kind to you. Don't betray them. And to the people that have hurt you in the past, don't jump back into it with them. People don't change easily.

Linkura

You really did fuck up, OP. But be realistic: You learned from this situation. Move on from these women and continue to try to better yourself. You'll be a better person and you'll eventually find a new partner who you don't have all that baggage with. You won't be alone forever... but maybe you should be alone for a little while at least.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
You said the new girl just texted you back saying she likes you even when you admitted you had sex with your ex? Why are you upset then.

Sounds like you were happy. What was the reason for wanting to get back with the ex? If she had changed, why throw away a good thing anyway?

I'm the only one to blame. I feel like a lying cheating piece of human garbage. I'm only angry at myself. And I realize now that I really don't deserve a partner or kids. I probably need to be alone now. I was even considering getting a pet, but I don't think they deserve me either.

Sorry that happened to you, but maybe it is best to be alone for a bit and cool down, give yourself some distance from the drama (but never forget the lessons learned)

Cut your life from your ex for-fucking-EVER

You ain't gonna be alone forever, but if you do I can give you a discount membership for my club :3

LifEndz

Your ex broke up with you previously, ran off and married a woman, you were dating an amazing girl and you threw that away to hook up with the ex? Wow. I don't even know where to begin. Hopefully you learn from this and value future relationships. Hell, give the amazing girl time and maybe she'll forgive you.

entremet

They're are very few situations that are not reversible as long as you're alive. Dating and romance is not one of them.

soultron

Banned
You'll get over this with time. You're probably pretty young, right?

Just try not to fuck up in the future. As for the girl you were seeing, let her go and don't talk to her anymore, she doesn't deserve to be messed around further.

n0razi

Yep you fucked up... I wouldnt go as far as to say you will be alone forever but that girl deserves better than you.

ramparter

Banned
After the weekend I began to doubt this move, and told the girl I was dating what happened. She was flabbergasted and stopped talking to me.

Pissed off I argued with my Ex about what she'd done, even though it was my fault.
What, why, how, what the...

Bishop89

Why oh why would you believe your ex.

If you had a good thing going with the other girl you should have stuck with it

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Look at the bright side OP, at least two chicks were even into you. Plenty of other ladies will be around man. Plenty of dudes out there who have a hard time even getting the slightest bit of attention from girls. You won't be alone forever. Keep your head up and move on, because it could be worse.

RedZaraki

Banned
You said the new girl just texted you back saying she likes you even when you admitted you had sex with your ex? Why are you upset then.

Because when I explained the situation to her 2 weeks prior I said that we had only kissed. I had lied to her. I came clean today.

Well now you know why people stay away from ex's. Just learn from it okay? There are always more women out there.

I don't get threads like these. You realize that getting back with your ex fucked you up.

So what is this all for?

Venting is human nature. I've spent way too much time describing in detail stuff I really shouldn't let out but some people can't help themselves.

RedZaraki

Banned
Sounds like you were happy. What was the reason for wanting to get back with the ex? If she had changed, why throw away a good thing anyway?

The new girl and I were unable to hang out very often. And by very often I mean once a month if we were lucky. I felt lonely. Nothing wrong with her of course, she's just really buys.

The Ex said she'd changed, and was on good behavior for a bit, but there are certain things that I just couldn't become comfortable with.

Best question to ask yourself before you ever engage in a serious relationship where EITHER party is taking it seriously:

Would I take my ex back if they approached me?

If yes, do the right thing and stay far away until you get over your past. Even if they don't end up approaching you, it's doubtful you can actually be fully committed to someone else when that answer is still yes. You're not a piece of shit for having leftover feelings but your actions are fucking bad and you need to learn the lesson here before you move on to someone new again. You won't be alone forever unless you keep making the same mistake.

Wvrs

It feels worse now than it really is man, you're just missing the perspective to see it. You shouldn't let your ex have such a hold over you; you're clearly not over her, which is okay but something you have to consciously address. And you're not going be alone forever because it didn't pan out with two girls out of the billions in the world you could fall in love with.

I wouldn't beat yourself up over what you've did, we all fuck up and you acknowledge that it was a bad move, but going forward perhaps try focus on being happy and content with yourself as best you can before moving to share your life with others. If you do that, you won't become so dependent on someone that they can extol this effect on you. Chin up, it'll get better.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Because when I explained the situation to her 2 weeks prior I said that we had only kissed. I had lied to her. I came clean today.

Oh I see. Well I feel you gotta wait and see if she still contacts you after the sex revelation.

Were you in an exclusive relationship with the new girl? Because if this was like 3 dates in, what are you doing telling her who you are seeing?

Anyway, after all this happens, she texts you. And you decide to remind her how you screwed up and make it worse. Like... if she asks be truthful, but why do this to yourself. She doesn't want to know. You regret it and want to move on. Just... why...

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
What I don't understand is the buying replacements part.
How much of your property could your ex have accumulated over two weeks?

RedZaraki

Banned
Were you in an exclusive relationship with the new girl? Because if this was like 3 dates in, what are you doing telling her who you are seeing?

Anyway, after all this happens, she texts you. And you decide to remind her how you screwed up and make it worse. Like... if she asks be truthful, but why do this to yourself. She doesn't want to know. You regret it and want to move on. Just... why...

Although we had been together for a while, we never explicitly had that "exclusive" discussion or made it Facebook official or whatever. I did buy her a necklace though, and I think that was enough for her to consider us serious.

I for one, commend you for coming clean about what happened . You don't want to try and build a relationship on lies and secrets because there will be no basis for trust. Hopefully the girl you like will talk to you again after some time when her feelings aren't hurt.

Maximus.

You fucked up. Good for you for recognizing it, but I don't feel remorse for your actions and what happens, happens.

Schnozberry

The new girl and I were unable to hang out very often. And by very often I mean once a month if we were lucky. I felt lonely. Nothing wrong with her of course, she's just really buys.

The Ex said she'd changed, and was on good behavior for a bit, but there are certain things that I just couldn't become comfortable with.

Were you exclusive with "new girl" while only seeing her once a month (if at all)? Does that really constitute a relationship? Sounds like you weren't a priority. I mean, I have always been busy too, and I managed to date my now wife and have a kid anyways. You make time for the people you care about.

You were lonely and unhappy, and you made a bad choice. You can learn from that. But you should also consider the possibility that neither of these women are right for you, and that you should be looking for someone who you don't argue with, and doesn't lead you into loneliness.

RedZaraki

Banned
I for one, commend you for coming clean about what happened . You don't want to try and build a relationship on lies and secrets because there will be no basis for trust. Hopefully the girl you like will talk to you again after some time when her feelings aren't hurt.

That's what I thought too. I could have easily let her think I'd only kissed my Ex forever, and gone forward with that. But it would have eaten at my insides. Maybe I'm TOO honest. Maybe I'm a masochist. I don't know. She probably deserves better though.

I've turned my phone off right now. I'll check the messages tomorrow maybe. I don't want to interact right now.

mjc

You definitely screwed up, but you already know that and accepted it. Learn from your mistakes/weaknesses and try your best to keep them from happening again.

I'm not convinced my Ex wouldn't have told her anyway. She's more than upset with me.

Worlds are colliding. Why are your ex and new GF friends?

Also, I would have taken that secret to my grave. You fucked up, but now all you can do is move on. Far away from the ex, if nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom