• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT5| Zenophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the top 20 for the DB Forever poll (Buu Saga) for those curious:

1. Goku
  2. Vegeta
  3. Gohan
  4. Trunks
  5. Piccolo
  6. Goten
  7. Krillin
  8. Majin Buu
  9. Frieza
  10. Android 18
  11. Mr. Satan
  12. Korin
  13. Master Roshi
  14. Cell
  15. Yamcha
  16. Tien Shinhan
  17. Bulma
  18. Android 17
  19. Yajirobe
  20. Videl

Bulma and Yajirobe that low...

HeroR

Bulma and Yajirobe that low...

To be fair, Bulma was kind of the load in Z. It's really Super that brought her back to her key role like she had in Dragon Ball. I'm sure she would rank higher now.

I can imagine Yajirobe ranking better because of Future Yajirobe.

It was in a guide/book called Dragon Ball Forever that came out in 2004. There were only two Shonen Jump polls for Dragon Ball, one for the Cell Saga and one for the Buu Saga that only had the top five. In those, Gohan beat Goku as the number one character for the Cell Saga, but dropped out of the top five in the Buu Saga. Gotenks was number 4 in the Buu Saga poll.

Most online polls tend to be western linear. For example, Vegeta beats Goku in many online polls, while Goku trumps Vegeta by a country mile in the Japanese polls. Or like Cell who is ranked as one of the best villains in online polls is only a 14 in the Dragon Ball Forever poll.
You have a ton of info on Dragon Ball, thanks

qJ6uLaQ.png

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
19. Videl
People liked Videl so much yet they ruined her character completely? She's a non-entity and a generic mum-type when she used to be boisterous and "tough". I rewatched the Great-Saiyaman/World Tournament arcs recently and she was so good there.

Did we at least see her fly any time in Super?

People liked Videl so much yet they ruined her character completely? She's a non-entity and a generic mum-type when she used to be boisterous and "tough". I rewatched the Great-Saiyaman/World Tournament arcs recently and she was so good there.

Did we at least see her fly any time in Super?

I don't consider Videl "ruined" in Super as much as she's just... non-existent.

I mean the only time she's been relevant so far is like... while she was pregnant, and then the random Pan Adventures. Hell even then she rejected Chi-Chi's "control Pan away from martial arts" mantra and instead reminisced of her martial artist upbringing fondly.

Sure she's not doing anything great like in the Buu Saga, but she's just not really relevant to do anything in Super so far.

Nightbird

Oh, so now we know what the Arc is about? Sweet.

Even though, i gotta say that i'm not too hot on the idea of Losing = Destruction of your Universe.

I wanted the Cast to explore other Universes first :/

Oh, so now we know what the Arc is about? Sweet.

Even though, i gotta say that i'm not too hot on the idea of Losing = Destruction of your Universe.

I wanted the Cast to explore other Universes first :/

5 bucks says they don't end up actually getting destroyed or they use the Super Dragon Balls to bring them back.

Tsunamo

That arc promo was great. Gonna be interesting to see how they handle interaction with other universes only to have them be destroyed later in this arc. Hopefully Universe 6 survives (also 10 because I can't live in another timeline where Gowasu doesn't exist)
It's going to be weird seeing 17 interact with everybody.
It'll be great. I do wonder if this will be the first time he's met maron though (if he does meet her)
The old thread got locked pretty much the instant I opened this one, that was fast as hell.

Anyways, a super special extra-large wall of shame.
VUtdT4f.png
My first wall of shame. I've never been more shamed proud :')

Tsunamo

I wonder if we could potentionally get some tag team battles out of this. Android 17 and Piccolo (or 18 with 17 like in the future) teaming up would be neat.
5 bucks says they don't end up actually getting destroyed or they use the Super Dragon Balls to bring them back.
I could see the latter happening for sure.

That way they can pulloff shock value when they do get destroyed but bring them back at the end of the arc.
Why did he get banned?

17 hype too much?
Even GAFs servers can't handle Slaythes 17 hype.

Nightbird

That's a possibility. But that requires Universe 6+7 to make it to the finals, which means that all of the interesting new characters will be eliminated, and we're stuck with the same expanded cast as always.

I hope Toriyama has a better solution in Stock.

ElFly

Now that the stakes are super high, maybe the elder will do a mass potential unlock o the gang somehow before the tourney starta

Mystic for everyone

I do hope everyone gets an insane crash training course, Beerus and Whis gotta whip this team into shape, their own lives are at stake.

Real Hero

I love all the gods gathering in their formal wear. Makes it seem like some serious shit is going down and they all know it

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The old thread got locked pretty much the instant I opened this one, that was fast as hell.

Anyways, a super special extra-large wall of shame.
VUtdT4f.png
I'm slackin'

Also lol at Eleven-dude being Trunks. He doesn't look like Trunks at all besides the hair, and that's because Toriyama recycles 7 or 8 hairstyles throughout all of his characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom