• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InFAMOUS [Mafia] [OT] No Good Karma...

DAY 4 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Ri'Orius (1)
Flame_AC 2143

Swamped (1)
cabot 2134

Kyanrute (1)
Ri'Orius 2139

Lone_Prodigy (1)
SkyOdin 2138

No active vote for Day 4: *Splinter, Blargonaut, Bronx-Man, Kalor, Kyanrute, Lone_Prodigy, OceanicAir, Swamped, WaffleTaco, Zeusy, Zippedpinhead

Day 4 Postcount: *Splinter 0, Blargonaut 0, Bronx-Man 2, cabot 5, Flame_AC 2, Kalor 2, Kyanrute 0, Lone_Prodigy 2, OceanicAir 0, Ri'Orius 2, SkyOdin 4, Swamped 0, WaffleTaco 1, Zeusy 2, Zippedpinhead 1

Day 4 ends:
pin_1503093600.png

Automated vote tally here

8 votes for majority

cabot

Yes, I am still townreading Blarg so far. When he is scum he is more insistent and defensive. It IS possible that he's currently not acting like that because scum are ahead at this point. But something that makes me townread him more is that he is generally going pretty hard against you and Kyan, but seems to be constantly questioning himself (especially with is latest cabot unvote). Coming from Blarg, this indecisiveness reads town to me.

Town reads Blarg, which I disagree with.

Kalor what's the reason for your read on Ri? It's not just you, a lot of people seem to scum read him.

Going through his posts myself, they seem pretty innocuous on the surface. He doesn't stir the pot much, but that doesn't say anything about alignment. He wants to follow Blarg's plan of voting off Kyan, but wavers a bit there. In general I think his posts seem to hold back a bit. At the end of D1 he switched from AB to Dusk, but that doesn't say much either because they were both town and he probably just wanted to avoid a tie. D2 he votes for CCS. So I don't get much from his votes either. Basically I don't know what to think of Ri.

Similarly with Bronx, some people scumread him saying he's slightly off from other games. Can someone volunteer to elaborate? I'm not getting much from him either.

These sort of 'cant see the scumreads' posts on Ri and Bronx seem like a way to address team mates without saying they're scum

also

OHHH wait, maybe I'm slow but doesn't CCS's (claimed) N1 action clear Kyan completely? CCS claimed that even if he targeted a non-killing mafia, there would be two kills.

feels like she's very eager to believe Kyan is cleared. Which is odd.

The one maybe sorta credible reason that I claimed was to debunk CCS claiming Kyan was Town.

So yeah, Swamped is a good shout.

As for her other reads, she mentions Sky as Town (though I sort of gut read Sky as Town, if only cause I've mislynched him before because he sort of reads like a scum player and he seems normal in that regard) which I sort of agree with, though I consider him a bit of a blind read.

She throws shade at Flame, which I feel is the easy peasy target at this point.

cabot

At this point, I am inclined to think that the second kill on Night 1 was a one-off power of some sort, as opposed to a serial killer or such. Perhaps we do have a paranoid gun owner or similar role. If there is a second killer, they may have limited shots.

All of this "it's okay to kill me" chat is really wierd, cabot. If you are town, then we shouldn't kill you. If you are scum, we are definitely going to kill you.

Why would there be only one at most? And if so, where are the rest?

For now though:

Vote: Lone Prodigy

I have noticed that your "post only ten posts each day" plan is still in effect, LP. Your response to my accusation at the end of day 3 were evasive at best, too.

No you shouldn't kill me, but you can kill me, and people will try. I'm not gonna defend myself, I feel you knowing my alignment can show the wagon in a new light. I think most of the scum team were on me yesterday.

I came into this day phase feeling really down about this game, but after doing the worse case calculation of mislynches and 2 NKs per night, we still ended up at Day 7 being lylo. We're not even there since we had another 1 NK night. We have a room for error.

It's in scum's best interest to lynch me, the chances of a NK miss are reasonable as I've claimed commuter and I could be lying about being odd-night. They would've pushed me yesterday since there were good reasons to do so. That's why I think th isaac wagon will have very little scum (if any) on it.

I scumread Bronx but him not being on either wagon helps his case.

I like Swamped as a target because I know she's not a scum player who busses eagerly, I've seen her defend team mates when they were pretty doomed.

Her reads are particularly interesting here:

[[ THE POST ABOVE THIS SINCE I MESSED IT UP GOES HERE ]]

*Splinter

Apologies for missing last day end, but where did that Isaac train even come from?

VOTE:Swamped

I scum read TheG, I scum read swamped when she subbed in, nothing has changed.

Is Bronx man more likely. To be scum than swamped? Get back to you on that one
I don't trust Swamped, but I haven't seen enough for a scumread yet. And scumreading TheG is completely ridiculous. He has 4 posts, and was subbed out for literally not playing. How can you pretend to have any read based on that?

VOTE: Cabot

cabot

Apologies for missing last day end, but where did that Isaac train even come from?

I don't trust Swamped, but I haven't seen enough for a scumread yet. And scumreading TheG is completely ridiculous. He has 4 posts, and was subbed out for literally not playing. How can you pretend to have any read based on that?

VOTE: Cabot

because he responded to a post of mine with fluff, and his first post was all fluff.

For what it's worth lover, I think you're probably one of the town on my wagon.

We're still besties.

*Splinter

These sort of 'cant see the scumreads' posts on Ri and Bronx seem like a way to address team mates without saying they're scum

also

The one maybe sorta credible reason that I claimed was to debunk CCS claiming Kyan was Town.

As for her other reads, she mentions Sky as Town (though I sort of gut read Sky as Town, if only cause I've mislynched him before because he sort of reads like a scum player and he seems normal in that regard) which I sort of agree with, though I consider him a bit of a blind read.

Reeeaally sounds like you're looking for reasons to scumread Swamped, and the best you can do is she has a different read on Blarg to you?

Lover pls

*Splinter

because he responded to a post of mine with fluff, and his first post was all fluff.

For what it's worth lover, I think you're probably one of the town on my wagon.

We're still besties.
His first post of the game was fluff?

Well I for one am shocked. Shocked! I don't know why we didn't lynch him there and then.

*Splinter

Well, I did (unless by "last post" you mean the throwaway with vote tally and blender comment; but the one before that I mentioned him).

But to answer your question: to try to keep the numbers even-ish. When I was first wondering why you switched your vote D1, it occurred to me that perhaps you were trying to stir the pot and bait scum into moving. Figured it was worth a shot.

Unfortunately, it looks like the only people joining me on the cabot train are a confirmed town and a self-defense vote. Not much of a scum read available there.

Hmmm, but now Kyan joins the fray. Interesting... interesting... I don't have a strong opinion on either, so from here on out my plan is to do what I can to avoid a tie. Gotta get someone flipped. So I think:

Vote: isaacnukem
I'm of two minds about this post. On one hand it's a totally reasonable strategy to even up a vote between two candidates where you don't have a strong preference.

On the other hand that Cabot vote felt kind of out of nowhere, and this whole post is in response to being called out on that. I'm also dubious about having no preference at this stage of the game, especially when one of the candidates is the most prominent
and scummy
posters in the game.

I need to look at Ri's earlier post on Cabot, and Isaac. In the meantime Ri can you remind me of your previous stance on the two of them?

cabot

His first post of the game was fluff?

Well I for one am shocked. Shocked! I don't know why we didn't lynch him there and then.

come on lover, he posted way into the first day. It was by fluff point.

Have you played with him before, He sparsely posts and when he does it's usually long and detailed. Nothing like that here.

cabot

Well... I guess I was wrong and isaacnukem really was just being silly.

I could get behind a swamped vote. I had reservations behind TheG and now swamped isn't doing much to alleviate those concerns.

On the other hand I think Cabot and skyodin might be scum.

New thought? why didn't you waste me yesterday.

cabot

am I misremembering about Kyan, cause I was pretty surprised he voted for me in the end, didn't feel he was going that way as the day progressed.

Kyanrute

am I misremembering about Kyan, cause I was pretty surprised he voted for me in the end, didn't feel he was going that way as the day progressed.

Kyaaa kinda skipped over the last day. The vote was me defaulting into a old stance, because I didn't have the time to look for other cases.

Swamped

Banned

also

You keep saying you scumread me because of TheG's posts, but looking back he only had 4 posts, two of which were before the game even started. So he only had two game posts. The first was a summary post, and speculating who scum would kill during the night (a valid concern to have) and the second was a joke reply to your semi serious post.

It seems you have been scum-reading TheG since the very beginning. Would town cabot tunnel this hard? Would scum cabot? All your above points are quite weak and read as if they have been cherry-picked. As scum, would I really give a shout out to BOTH my scummates in the same post? (Ri and Bronx?). Especially your point about Ri, I actually do change my mind about him in my following post.

Ya know, a blender!

As in, you're mixing into the crowd very well. No hard stances, no stirring-the-pot votes, always slightly unsure of yourself. By itself it isn't much, but by Day 3 surely a townie player has more opinions? It just makes me a bit wary.

So yah, cherry picking.

I still have no idea on Bronx, and would like people to elaborate on why they think he's scum. I could definitely see a case for him, he seems sort of non-invested in the game which is how a winning scummie may act. But there are also a lot of joke posts, which seems pretty standard for him.

I could vote for cabot, Ri, or Zipped. Let's try another tactic today

VOTE: Ri'Orius

Swamped

Banned
Also, seems like I didn't make the posting target last day phase, even though it feels like I posted a lot! Maybe I'll break up my posts into tinier ones.

cabot

See I scum read you as well swamped I made it clear yesterday when talking to you.

Just because splinter said it doesn't mean it's true.

I've been disagreeing with. Most of what you said since you joined this game

cabot

I can buy splinter boiling down this read to 'oh i scumread TheG' cause he's clearly just wanting my corpse, but i don't know why you went that path.

Kyanrute

Mobile typing painful.

There was a theory being thrown around yesterday that CCS redirected Kyan into AB, hence the night kill. Now that N1's double kill is the exception, the theory seems solid enough to act on. IMO.

When ya get a real keyboard in front of you, mind explaining your stance about where CCS lied, why, and what makes you think so?

*Splinter

I can buy splinter boiling down this read to 'oh i scumread TheG' cause he's clearly just wanting my corpse, but i don't know why you went that path.
I'm not saying you only scumread Swamped for that, I'm saying it's weird that you would even claim to scumread TheG in the first place.

Your case against swamped herself is just, I dunno. I don't really get it. She's done the fairly standard "replacement playing catch-up" thing, I don't know how you can claim to have a read on her one way or the other at this point. It feels like you're jumping on the replacement as a convenient target.

That's a seperate issue, your read on TheG is more concerning, and the fact that you apparently scumread them each seperately is just hilariously convenient.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
So why did you vote him?

If a joke vote, why didn't you remove it or, better yet, place a real vote on anyone else?
Within the last I believe 12 or so hours, we still had not had a person with more votes than Isaac, and I was willing to let Issac take the fall if that is what most of people were leaning to. The other person that was being leaned to was Cabot, however I wasn't sure about him either. If there had been any other evidence other than Cabot's weird "I'm going to die today probably" which he said on day 3 I think as well, than I might have voted for him. Otherwise he just talks a lot.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Furthermore, I think it would be interesting to look at the few people who voted for Issac after I "suggested" him. Particularly Flame, since he had Issac as Strong Scum on a list.

cabot

Furthermore, I think it would be interesting to look at the few people who voted for Issac after I "suggested" him. Particularly Flame, since he had Issac as Strong Scum on a list.

Yeah but when the other person in question was myself, and I am Town, it makes less sense why isaac happened.

Think about this as a scum, you've got a guy that claimed commuter which means you can't be sure that if you NK him, he will die. Only other alternative is to push the lynch.

Why would you then switch from the commuter target to another Town who hasn't claimed and can probably be NK'd. What's the benefit of a scum doing that.

*Splinter

Within the last I believe 12 or so hours, we still had not had a person with more votes than Isaac, and I was willing to let Issac take the fall if that is what most of people were leaning to. The other person that was being leaned to was Cabot, however I wasn't sure about him either. If there had been any other evidence other than Cabot's weird "I'm going to die today probably" which he said on day 3 I think as well, than I might have voted for him. Otherwise he just talks a lot.
It's concerning how much you're just going with the flow here. Ignoring the votes on Cabot/Isaac/whoever, who would you like to vote for? Who would you NOT vote for?

*Splinter

Didn't see this before my post, it answers my first question but I'd still like to know who (if anyone) you would be against voting out today.

cabot

Ri, Waffle and Zipped were the only people on isaac's vote that I'm not reasonably sure are Town.

Ri is the only one I out and out scumread.

Zipped could be scum I don't know. He's always scum in my mind.

*Splinter

Yeah but when the other person in question was myself, and I am Town, it makes less sense why isaac happened.

Think about this as a scum, you've got a guy that claimed commuter which means you can't be sure that if you NK him, he will die. Only other alternative is to push the lynch.

Why would you then switch from the commuter target to another Town who hasn't claimed and can probably be NK'd. What's the benefit of a scum doing that.
If town are already pushing a mislynch (and lo, for I am town) then scum don't have to worry about doing it themselves. Your power also isn't a threat to scum whereas Isaac was still (I think?) an unknown.

If yesterday was town v town as you claim then I would expect scum to be a mix of IDGAF and favouring Isaac.

cabot

If town are already pushing a mislynch (and lo, for I am town) then scum don't have to worry about doing it themselves. Your power also isn't a threat to scum whereas Isaac was still (I think?) an unknown.

If yesterday was town v town as you claim then I would expect scum to be a mix of IDGAF and favouring Isaac.

They would of gotten rid of one of the biggest voices in the game.

cabot

like that's my point, you don't just choose random silent isaac in the last two hours when you're about to waste one of the top posters.

so no, I don't believe you'd pass that up when it was within reach.

*Splinter

like that's my point, you don't just choose random silent isaac in the last two hours when you're about to waste one of the top posters.

so no, I don't believe you'd pass that up when it was within reach.
Isaac wasn't even a top suspect for most of the day. Look at the names being discussed at day start: Cabot, zipped, Ri and Sky. Scum passed another day with none of those question marks being removed, that's a good day for scum.

Lynching town-cabot just let's town-Splinter out of this deep, dark tunnel.

And all of this is under the very generous assumption that you're town, which I'm quite sure is a waste of time.

cabot

don't understand your logic on your tunnel. Using tunnels to lynch town is an excellent way to kill players.

Why wasn't the plan let tunnel-splinter chase and lynch cabot then NK splinter?

Happened to me before

*Splinter

Ha! Knew it! Fell right into my trap 😈

VOTE: isaacnukem
Someone most people scum read, the two people in the "gossip" (reasonable) AND a confirmed townie?!?!?

And me, but l discount that for this argument.

How do you rationalize scum reading a confirmed town person?

vote: isaacnukem
Slight Town Lean:
cabot - Yes, I'm probably the most pro-cabot-townness player not named cabot, but that's okay. To be fair, he's all the way at the bottom of my town list, but I find his contributions to be actively helping town and while there was some misplay in the way the role claim was handled, I'm not ready to lynch them.

Strong Scum Lean:
isaacnukem - Crazy reads and weird representations of game events makes them right at home in the scum category.
I agree that solo neutral is a possibility.

I didn't have my vote down yet, so here it is. I might be able to be here for end of day if need be.
With the day drawing to a close and I don't think I could get enough people behind a Ri lynch now I'll move my vote to someone else who I think could be scum.

My problem is that there is a block of players that fall into a void of blurriness.

vote: isaacnukem

Out of the two candidates that seem to be out there, I'd rather keep cabot around because I trust him a bit more and also because we'd have next to no discussion in the next phase otherwise lol
Of the two, I'd rather keep cabot around.

Well, I did (unless by "last post" you mean the throwaway with vote tally and blender comment; but the one before that I mentioned him).

But to answer your question: to try to keep the numbers even-ish. When I was first wondering why you switched your vote D1, it occurred to me that perhaps you were trying to stir the pot and bait scum into moving. Figured it was worth a shot.

Unfortunately, it looks like the only people joining me on the cabot train are a confirmed town and a self-defense vote. Not much of a scum read available there.

Hmmm, but now Kyan joins the fray. Interesting... interesting... I don't have a strong opinion on either, so from here on out my plan is to do what I can to avoid a tie. Gotta get someone flipped. So I think:

I mean c'mon

cabot

Quoting all the votes? This happened yesterday.

Can we get to the bit where I die this time, to spare me this hell.

Kyanrute

feelings on the isaac action, Kyan?

I remember this post

That's rich.

Anyway:

VOTE: Zippedpinhead

and that made me all like "oh a challenge, if I had drunk about a bottle of rum less, I'd be arguing about the subtle differences in shitposting with isaac". Or in other words, a meh retort. Could've tossed my vote there too, had the rum not existed. Stuck with you like I said, the one thing I managed to have somewhat of an informed opinion about. Bit of a shit vote still from me I'd agree.

Looking back at the action itself, it is strange, The anti-cabot comes out of nowhere and nobody really even tries to introduce a third candidate into the mix. The cabot-isaac thunderdome is accepted in silence.

Waffle vote is lulz jk.
Zipped continues to feel scummy and attaches his vote to isaac's strange radar post.
Flame does not offer details in the vote post, need to check for that later.
Kalor switches targets cuz he is not getting Ri. KK I guess.
OA makes a defensive vote, wants to see cabot alive because he talks. Is bleh if no previous suspicion towards isaac.
Ri switches to isaac from cabot because he feels that the fire under cabot will not burn brightly enough. Feels just false because the situation was 7-5 to isaac before his switch. Throws low quality shade to me grrr. Mentions how he now wants to avoid a tie and how we gotta flip someone. Ehh. Really need to read Ri's day.

No real jumps besides the one Ri did and what Kawl spammed.

Don't feel that isaac train was a heroic tale of scum saving scum-cabot unless their plan was to abandon cabot and leave it to the hands of the final hour. Tuning down murdercabotmeter a bit. For now.

Top Bottom