• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo SPORT | OT | Putting it all on the line

Kaz has already said people won't have to wait for DLC as long as they did with GT6.

He also said that the PS4 won't wait as long for a GT game, almost 1-2 years after GT6.

Here we are, 4 years later. The average GT development cycle for over 15 years now.

I'm very curious to see how this game reviews, especially compared to FM7. Last time both franchises went head to head, GT came out on top review wise.

Best wishes.

Wanted to share a few key images I took of the game, including a NeoGAF livery I threw together!

GAF.png

201710110139323.png

Srsly.png

Local GameStop is releasing their copies of South Park and Gran Turismo at closing time tonight (basically a 9pm launch). Been itching for more GTS since the beta ended last week. Been pretty much unable to play anything else in long sessions since.

Pretty amped! Game turned out much better than I thought, personally -- I even enjoyed a good range of online activities when the beta was open, and that's a first for me in any racing sim! The extra efforts GTS takes in the name of fairness with its online setup is great!

Sad and a bit ashamed to admit that I dropped to SR rank C before the beta ended, though. The online race that was being run on the speedway caused me to have a lot of collisions as me and another leading driver started lapping slower opponents on the track. I lost my first place standing and got a little too sloppy and reckless trying to reclaim it, as many of those lapped racers were as far back as they were due to their sloppy driving lines while trying to maintain speed. :/

Aspiring

Ok so i have the chance to grab a g29 racing wheel for a decent price. I know nothing of wheels but is this a decent wheel? Is the shifter add on worth it?

Is there any specific reason VR is left out of the OP? Because we're not 100% certain what the details of the mode are yet, or what?

Ok so i have the chance to grab a g29 racing wheel for a decent price. I know nothing of wheels but is this a decent wheel? Is the shifter add on worth it?

Buy a G27, build a GIMX kit, and get the shifter and wheel together for less than G29.
course I don't recommend someone who isn't 100% certain of what they want, to do this

When was the last time we got the San Francisco track?, that's a personal favorite of mine.

You mean Seattle.
It was last publicly playable in GT4/PSP.

Interestingly it's been seen since in a GT5-6 era trailer, and Seattle Short was even spotted in the track selection of an early live presentation of GT SPORT.

Aspiring

Buy a G27, build a GIMX kit, and get the shifter and wheel together for less than G29.
course I don't recommend someone who isn't 100% certain of what they want, to do this

I had a look into the whole gimx kit as i have a driving force wheel that is fine for me but as far as i could tell i needed a pc nearby which i dont have.

This isnt all that expensive as its a good deal and my wheel is old as so dont mind upgrading. Is the g27 a better wheel?

Loudninja

Was waiting for a bit more info on that. Same with weather.
How about this?
Want a new perspective on GT? Grab your PS VR and get ready to experience Gran Turismo Sport in the most immersive way possible. VR gameplay is featured within the game’s Arcade Mode. Here you’ll be able to go head to head (1:1) against another AI opponent in more than 135 cars on 27 new and classic tracks that will take you from the Japanese metropolis to the American countryside.
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/09/14/gran-turismo-sport-eight-things-you-need-to-know/

ty_hot

So, what's the maxium Milleage we are able to transfer from the Beta to the full game?

I know that its 1M moneys, but the milleage I don't know.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Didn't know you could upload images for use in your liveries. That's pretty great. 15KB though. That's gonna take some layering I guess. :p

Regarding the car list, that shit is just bad. Only four Ferraris, and three of them are 458s?
That's how the entire car list is. Copy+paste a car and tweak it to fit in 2+ other racing categories.

Basically, we're paying for an investment in future GT titles because the models are supposed to be so great that they're futureproof and they can still use them when technology improves 10 years from now.

But until then, it's like 70ish cars stretched out to 170ish, with a pretty poor selection no matter which way you slice it. Not enough of anything in particular and some cars that don't belong in classes are ham-fisted and modified to help fill out classes. It's really a shame given how good this game looks, but there are an absurd amount of omissions because of the "racing focus."

pixelation

Aah the one with the uphill jumps and the train track bumps? memories
Yup!, that one!
You mean Seattle.
It was last publicly playable in GT4/PSP.

Interestingly it's been seen since in a GT5-6 era trailer, and Seattle Short was even spotted in the track selection of an early live presentation of GT SPORT.
Hehehe, no wonder it didn't sound right in my head. Yeah Seattle it is... here's to hoping that its added down the line even if it's paid DLC.

After the time trial expired one of my coping mechanisms has been listening to music that you'd find in the GTS menus. Hype therapy by way of lounge.

Its playing right now, and that GIF is perfect :)
Just going by the demo, this game has a lock on the most chill soundtrack of the year.

ShutterMunster

Wanted to share a few key images I took of the game, including a NeoGAF livery I threw together!

GAF.png

201710110139323.png

Srsly.png

Fucking Christ.

Someone tell Kaz we need PNG exports from the in-game menu or at least a way to get rid of the UI, so we can take PNG screens using the Share button.

I’m buying this game so damn hard.

Mobius 1

The day has arrived.

Well done on the OT, by the way.

For those joining the Gran Turismo Association community on PSN, drop me a PM here if it’s taking long to approve.

Going to try to hold off on this for a bit as I want to get through the fall rush of games before taking a deep dive. I never thought I would not miss the standard career mode and love racing online, but after a week with this demo, then going back to Driveclub in an attempt to scratch this itch, didn't work one bit.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Wow... just looked at that car list. Yikes. Lot of obvious choices completely missing.

Have they done a roadmap for DLC?

Wow... just looked at that car list. Yikes. Lot of obvious choices completely missing.

Have they done a roadmap for DLC?

Other than some Kaz comments from a few days ago, no. The expectation is that some will be free--perhaps all?

This is, after all, Gran Turismo as a Service.

Jijidasu

Are reviews dropping soon? I think I saw someone say 4 hours?

Japanese release is Thursday but I won't be getting home until late at night so I'll have to wait until the weekend. Drive for me, brethren.

Can’t believe Gran Turismo has finally arrived on the PS4. Going to be so exciting seeing how this game grows and evolves over the coming months and years.

DavidDesu

Nice OT!

Thanks to the person who recommended watching the PS Access "20 things to know about GT" video, getting the feels seeing footage of the old GT and from Polyphony at the time they were making it. A proper blast from the past.

Hopefully it's not frowned upon for me to share my own GT video that I made in the run up to GT5 being released. It got some attention and even garnered a "That is very cool" comment from Kazunori on Twitter (paraphrasing). A very proud moment!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Axka5IMyA

I am looking forward to getting home from work about 6.30pm tomorrow (UK) and my copy should be here. Probably 3 hours to update, lol, then I can begin!

Top Bottom