• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I'm interested in Max Payne 3, but i'm in Euroland, anyone know whether the steamkey is region locked or not?

Usually not, but:

I have bought a lot of stuff from amazon, inluding the paradox pack, and had no problems (Sweden). I think there are one or two region-locked steam codes on there though.

I've bought a number of games using Steam keys and they've registered fine on my UK account.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
This is the first time in a very long I have felt screwed about not being a PC gamer. Oh well, good to see deals like this popping up.

Ceebs

I was going to ask about a potential deal for Take on Helicopters, but you guys do not even have a digital version of that. Guess I'll hope for a sale on Steam on that one.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I hope you guys keep asking about stuff that isn't on the list.

The Paradox bundles were born from a reddit thread, the THQ bundle came from CAG, and one of the Neogafer's is the reason we ran The Saboteur for $4.99 or whatever it was last time we ran it.

You guys provide me with better feedback than any market study we could run in my opinion.

We can't always do everything you want, but that doesn't mean we don't get to awesome deals by talking about it.

Cheers,
Tony

Well, in that case... :p
Any hope for Fallout 3 / New Vegas / Skyrim?

Probably already asked, sorry if it is.
Some of those are huge offers. I do not live in US. Can i purchase those games which can be activated on steam/origin even though i live in EU? How can i see wether a game can be activated on Steam/Origin and not from an Amazon Downloader (that is not available for my country, i suppose)?
Thanks.

Alex

I also would like New Vegas, that's one of the things I'm hoping for from one of these summer sales.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Probably already asked, sorry if it is.
Some of those are huge offers. I do not live in US. Can i purchase those games which can be activated on steam/origin even though i live in EU? How can i see wether a game can be activated on Steam/Origin and not from an Amazon Downloader (that is not available for my country, i suppose)?
Thanks.

Sort of answered 3 posts above your posts.

K' Dash

I don't know ir this is the best place to ask, but how's the PC Dead Space 2 compared to 360 version? will I see a big improvement that juatify a double dip?

Meier

Amazon has been crushing Steam for quite awhile as far as value is concerned. I expect another lackluster Steam sale personally.. it's fallen far behind most of its competitors in terms of good deals.

ACE 1991

So arma 2:CO is listed as a 49.99 on amazon... Will the deal be 25% off that price? If so, that's a huge bummer considering the game is $30 on steam.

Catshade

It's a long shot, but Tony, since the new Plentiful Paradock Pack is labeled as all Steam-activable, will the early buyers of the old pack get Steam-activable keys for Sword of the Stars 1 Complete and Victoria 2?

Toma

Amazon has been crushing Steam for quite awhile as far as value is concerned. I expect another lackluster Steam sale personally.. it's fallen far behind most of its competitors in terms of good deals.

We want the achievement hunt. (And some games for a decent price)

XEROWUN

Neo Member
I hope you guys keep asking about stuff that isn't on the list.

The Paradox bundles were born from a reddit thread, the THQ bundle came from CAG, and one of the Neogafer's is the reason we ran The Saboteur for $4.99 or whatever it was last time we ran it.

You guys provide me with better feedback than any market study we could run in my opinion.

We can't always do everything you want, but that doesn't mean we don't get to awesome deals by talking about it.

Cheers,
Tony

i could have swore you guys had a need for speed bundle. if you don't, would you consider a need for speed bundle or a racing bundle? thanks

gdt

It's a long shot, but Tony, since the new Plentiful Paradock Pack is labeled as all Steam-activable, will the early buyers of the old pack get Steam-activable keys for Sword of the Stars 1 Complete and Victoria 2?

Someone asked something similar earlier.

The answer is no, but he's been looking for a way to make that happen. But no.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Steam just doesn't out lots of titles in sale at once. Otherwise their Summer and Holiday sales are awesome. Isn't Steam the one who gets grief for too many sales but Amazon (for example) has big sales often? I buy from both so it's nothing to me but I do find it interesting fo read how people rant about these things.

XEROWUN

Neo Member
Got zero interest in those deals. :/ I hope Steam has some nicer offers.

So what deals would you be interested in? that's the great thing about what tony is doing. If nothing interests you, i think he would be more than happy to hear what you would like to see.

Besides, amazon will be price matching the steam sale when its out if its available.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I'll try adding in a FAQ later once Tony since he'll probably be able to answer everyone's questions but the only game I'm aware of that had any region locking was Mafia 2. Besides that adding any US address works for international buyers and for most part codes are region free.

XPE

Can you activate Dragon age 2 on origin?

Loved the 1st game but avoided the 2nd due to the bad feedback but at that price ill bite

Top Bottom