• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alpha from the Power Rangers reboot revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glin

Hahahaha, Bill Hader is voicing this jar jar tin can. It is really spooky for a kid's film these designs.

Looks dumb. Wonder what Zordan will look like now.

Ygh1imJ.png

I know nothing of Power Rangers, but that...thing, is grotesque. Why is its stomach bulging? It reminds me of pictures of starving children in poor countries who have bloated stomachs.

Why does it have arms that reach to the floor? Is it going to move around like a gorilla?

Krejlooc

Banned
I know nothing of Power Rangers, but that...thing, is grotesque. Why is its stomach bulging? It reminds me of pictures of starving children in poor countries who have bloated stomachs.

Why does it have arms that reach to the floor? Is it going to move around like a gorilla?

This is what it looked like in the show:

latest

This movie is just straight up trolling me now, not only is it ruining my childhood but also corrupting it into dark twisted garbage.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I mean its not terrible. You guys are being too nostalgic with MMPR. Everything we've seen of this movie so far has been in line with current scifi movie trends. It was never going to be a 1:1 remake like the original movie. I'm excited for the film and think a lot of what they have shown will probably look better in motion.

It's the eyes that ruined it for me

Krejlooc

Banned
I mean its not terrible. You guys are being too nostalgic with MMPR. Everything we've seen of this movie so far has been in line with current scifi movie trends. It was never going to be a 1:1 remake like the original movie. I'm excited for the film and think a lot of what they have shown will probably look better in motion.

I can't imagine someone being excited for this. Like, even if the designs don't offend you, this looks like the most derivative crap you can imagine. Like a mash up of a dozen other movies. Getting excited for this is like getting excited to eat rice and crackers.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Maybe when the Megazord forms Alpha is a part of it. He can be the Megazords talking belly button ring.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Looks like Alpha fused with a Living Failure from Bloodborne..

This is what it looked like in the show:

latest

Ok...I mean, its Power Rangers, so it's not great, but I can get a sense of personality from this guy, he looks like a good friendly sidekick.

The movie thing looks like it shuffles around, moaning like a Dark Souls monster.

Krejlooc

Banned
Ok...I mean, its Power Rangers, so it's not great, but I can get a sense of personality from this guy, he looks like a good friendly sidekick.

The movie thing looks like it shuffles around, moaning like a Dark Souls monster.

The one in the show spoke with a high-pitched voice and was basically C3PO. His catch phrase was "ai yai yai yai yai"

Mine reaction was, out loud, "holy shiiiiiiiiiit."

I havent even had enough time to make up my mind about how I feel about it yet, that's just what happened when the image hit my eyes.

Manu

That looks a million times better. Just tweak it a bit so it's not so low budget looking and there you go. The thing in the op is a monstrosity.

The thing in the OP also looks like an alien robot, while OG alpha looks like a kid in a costume.

I mean, it's still a pretty bad design, but I get why they did it. They're really going in with the "alien" angle, unlike the show.

The posture makes it look like something out of a horror game. I could totally see myself turning a corner in Dead Space or The Evil Within and see that thing lumbering around awkwardly before it noticed me and screeched.

The one in the show spoke with a high-pitched voice and was basically C3PO. His catch phrase was "ai yai yai yai yai"

Watched a few youtube videos. Yeah, he's annoying in an endearing way. I'm imagining the movie version trying to be like that....I cant!

Looks more like a monster that the Rangers would fight in the Megazord.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The thing in the OP also looks like an alien robot, while OG alpha looks like a kid in a costume.

I mean, it's still a pretty bad design, but I get why they did it. They're really going in with the "alien" angle, unlike the show.

Which is why Rita looks like this?

elizabeth-banks-gets-into-action-as-rita-repulsa-power-rangers.jpg

They aren't going for alien, they're just going for over the top busy designs.

Manu

Which is why Rita looks like this?

elizabeth-banks-gets-into-action-as-rita-repulsa-power-rangers.jpg

They aren't going for alien, they're just going for over the top busy designs.

Considering her outfit is pretty much the same as the Rangers' designs, just without a helmet, then yes. That's exactly why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom