• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

So i remember each character talking about math/numbers but I didn't realize the point was to 'stay aware of the toture' or whatever. The characters were yelling so much I might have missed some lines here and there.

So basically it's like a statement of dominance, and when Kaneki says it he's in control HOW COOL

Opening theme song plays

Seda

So I just played around the first hour of chapter 5 of Fire Emblem Echoes.

The plot is suddenly going at turbo speed.

Fire Emblem Echoes has a great localization and good writing (as in dialogue writing, not plot beats). The overall storyline is pretty predictable and typical though, probably because it has to conform to the original plot of a 25 year old game.

Honestly though, I think by-the-numbers plots work pretty well for Fire Emblem. I don't need much more intricacy that that.

cntr

Banned
Simple plots are underrated, imo. I'd much rather have something simple and fun over elaborate and baffling. And complex plots are rarely well executed, especially in RPGs.

Chase17

Should TG S2 at least be a more enjoyable bad?
Fire Emblem Echoes has a great localization and good writing (as in dialogue writing, not plot beats). The overall storyline is pretty predictable and typical though, probably because it has to conform to the original plot of a 25 year old game.

Honestly though, I think by-the-numbers plots work pretty well for Fire Emblem. I don't need much more intricacy that that.
This. Story on one side of the game is a fair bit stronger than the other though.

It also has the surprise downer ending lol.

Seda

Simple plots are underrated, imo. I'd much rather have something simple and fun over elaborate and baffling. And complex plots are rarely well executed, especially in RPGs.

I mostly play RPGs but I don't really value story much in games. I'm more about mechanics, gameplay, progression, etc. Some of my colleagues get pretty annoyed with me at times because narrative stuff just isn't that important to me.

To use a terrible analogy, story is like the whipped cream on a gameplay pie. It's fine if the cream is there, but pie is perfectly good without it. You have to have the pie though.

I mostly play RPGs but I don't really value story much in games. I'm more about mechanics, gameplay, progression, etc. Some of my colleagues get pretty annoyed with me at times because narrative stuff just isn't that important to me.

To use a terrible analogy, story is like the whipped cream on a gameplay pie. It's fine if the cream is there, but pie is perfectly good without it. You have to have the pie though.

cruzpiefinal_an0ne3nw.gif

Seda

This thread has gotten far more chatty since cntr, crimson_echinda, Morlas996, JadedWriter, caliph95, and others started posting regularly in here.

Not saying I don't mind the chatting! But it seems to me like activity is considerably up.

This thread has gotten far more chatty since cntr, crimson_echinda, Morlas996, JadedWriter, caliph95, and others started posting regularly in here.

Not saying I don't mind the chatting! But it seems to me like activity is considerably up.

I don't believe it. Let's take a look at a live feed of Seda's house

giphy.gif

Morlas

as i've followed the toonami thread for a good while...yeah i remember him...also i pronounce his name like the fish instead of the instrument

Mizerman

Toonami Excitement.

For reals though I'm entering my final year of college and I'm hoping starting in the spring I'll be able to leave walmart for a paid internship which would free up my sundays.

Seda

Posters in the original thread (not the April Fools thread) that have stuck around:

Shard
Me
Schadenfreude (he was a wittle junior at the time)
BatDan (took him forever to pick an avatar)
MetatronM
B-Dubs
Kaizer (they keep changing their avatar :/ )
SAB CA (and his doodles)
Raxus
SparksterMeta0
Moaradin
BassForever (he had 1 post in the first thread!)

a few others that pop in regualry here and there but usually not during the week.

(here is where some people might feel insulted that I missed them)

I know I used to take part in an IRC chat for the first two or so years of the Toonami reboot broadcast. Also took neogaf like a year to finally approve my account lol

Line_HTX

That Seda post is Casshern Sins tier legendary.

And I have been posting less because I more or less record the shows now and generally get tired unlike last year. I used to mash on my phone every minute during Toonami, and it was fun doing that again during the Samurai Jack final season marathon.

Jarate

Banned
That Seda post is Casshern Sins tier legendary.

And I have been posting less because I more or less record the shows now and generally get tired unlike last year. I used to mash on my phone every minute during Toonami, and it was fun doing that again during the Samurai Jack final season marathon.

It hasn't helped that we had to go through Unicorn and Tokyo Ghoul power hour of fecal matter

I wish more people would instead try methods of raising their pH levels and not just jump straight into chemotherapy/doctors.

I am especially saddened by this. Not only is it incredibly difficult to get the word out on this tidbit, but now it seems this marvelous man's fate is sealed

Edit: I am sorry for laying this out there so simply. But, really, I swear to god that this is basically all it takes. A lot of doctors will vehemently AVOID telling anybody this for some odd reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom