• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

Lunar FC

PT77yRh.png

Syder

United signing Perišić.
This seems like such a half-baked transfer target; Ivan Perišić is not that good, nor he is worth anywhere close to the fees rumoured. Also, seems unnecessary if United are already going after Griezmann when they already have attackers that drift wide like Martial, Rashford and Mkhitaryan.

DBT85

I'll believe any transfers when they actually happen. United are supposed to have spent like £300m already due to press lies, sorry, "rumours".

What a bizarre season. Drama, theatrics, attitude problems, questions about management, then decent run and finally win over Chelsea for FA cup.

Given how it looked like it was going to end in a complete train-wreck at one point, I declare myself: content

GHG

Gold Member
We won the FA cup fam.

I bet you hamrolls didn't think we could do it.

That must make me a hamroll as well then. Guilty.

Tosyn_88

We won the FA cup fam.

I bet you hamrolls didn't think we could do it.

That must make me a hamroll as well then. Guilty.

I didn't doubt it. In fact I slightly favoured arsenal due to Wenger and our old rivalry. It made me sad to see Wenger become a subject of ridicule

Will aubameyang go despite him having a contract until 2020?

Will tuchel go, after having two succesful seasons because he complained that the management agreed to play one day after the terrorist attack against their team?

Jack cw

Will aubameyang go despite him having a contract until 2020?

Will tuchel go, after having two succesful seasons because he complained that the management agreed to play one day after the terrorist attack against their team?

Yes and Yes.
Aubameyang might break de Bruyne's transfer fee record and Tuchel never fit Dortmund. The break began much earlier. Tuchel didn't get his transfer targets, instead he got Götze and Schürrle. Despite a promise from Watzke to not sell especially Mickytarian and Hummels, he sold both plus Gündogan. Tuchel was successfull but the whole story was a big misunderstanding with Watzke never sticking to what he says and Tuchel who is as stubborn as he is bitchy.

Dark Rider

for la liga table

pros:
1) Real Madrid won it
2) Osasuna relegated
3) Gijon relegated

cons:
1) Villarreal is in europa league yet again after the shameful display from them in the last two seasons.

note: the OP need a lot of updating

Yes and Yes.
Aubameyang might break de Bruyne's transfer fee record and Tuchel never fit Dortmund. The break began much earlier. Tuchel didn't get his transfer targets, instead he got Götze and Schürrle. Despite a promise from Watzke to not sell especially Mickytarian and Hummels, he sold both plus Gündogan. Tuchel was successfull but the whole story was a big misunderstanding with Watzke never sticking to what he says and Tuchel who is as stubborn as he is bitchy.
As much as people like to hate on Watzke, it's not only Tuchel vs Watzke.

Look at the Sahin incident yesterday. Tuchel might get along well with the young guys. But Schmelzer, Reus, etc. clearly looked pissed about it yesterday.

Yes and Yes.

i think it would be a grave mistake to fire tuchel just because he has some ego problems.

succesful coaches are all bitchy. look at mourinho, guardiola, klopp or simeone... those are all people that are immensely succesful but have glaring ego problems. tuchel isnt much different and what he did with such a team (as you pointed out he got youngsters Bayern Munich left overs instead of good players) is amazing. I mean imagine Micky and Hummels still playing at dortmund.. they could have been much better this season for sure (I think the guendogan transfer was okay as he is injured all the time).

Look at the Sahin incident yesterday. Tuchel might get along well with the young guys. But Schmelzer, Reus, etc. clearly looked pissed about it yesterday.

i dont understand that discussion at all. at the end the players dont choose the coaches do.if tuchel feels sahin is not up for the task at the moment then he can choose whomever he thinks is better for the job. at the end they won and so he was right with his choice.

i think it is way more problematic to force certain players onto the coaches because they have been transferred over for a high price or they are particularly popular with the crowd. the management and the squad should not have a say in this.
New thread and new Reus injury.

this is also why i think BVB may try to keep aubameyang. they simply dont have much experienced players in their offense outside of reus and aubameyang as both schuerrle and goetze underperformed and will probably keep underperforming. kagawa, as good as he can be, is too unstable at times.

acohrs

from old thread:

Yesterday reminded me of yoonited vs chelsea at old trafford, chelsea never showed up and didn't put up much of a fight that day. Yesterday we showed up in the second half, but moses cost us dearly with that stupid dive when we were finally taking control.

This Chelsea team has proven to have a habit of champagne hangovers, not sure we're looking at back-to-back title winners unless something changes in the summer

from old thread:

Yesterday reminded me of yoonited vs chelsea at old trafford, chelsea never showed up and didn't put up much of a fight that day. Yesterday we showed up in the second half, but moses cost us dearly with that stupid dive when we were finally taking control.

This Chelsea team has proven to have a habit of champagne hangovers, not sure we're looking at back-to-back title winners unless something changes in the summer

I trust Conte to whip any hangover effects out of the players.

i dont understand that discussion at all. at the end the players dont choose the coaches do.if tuchel feels sahin is not up for the task at the moment then he can choose whomever he thinks is better for the job. at the end they won and so he was right with his choice.

i think it is way more problematic to force certain players onto the coaches because they have been transferred over for a high price or they are particularly popular with the crowd. the management and the squad should not have a say in this.
Sebastian Rode was on the bench. Who's really fucking shit. I'm #TeamNuri on this one.

Jack cw

In the end the board or the CEO are in charge and problems with the coach over a longer span of time will always lead to problems inside the squad.
i think it would be a grave mistake to fire tuchel just because he has some ego problems.
Not only his ego, but his attitude towards transfers, the perspective and how much freedom he has with the squad and of course power inside the company.

That is why the duration of eccentric coaches at their clubs is mostly limited to 2 or 3 years as they burn all bridges and themselves out in the end. The list is endless and the pattern is always the same. In the end clubs are companies that need to achieve financial goals and when a party tries to ego his way through, the one with the most power, in this case Watzke as CEO wins. That happens all the time in any company.

this is also why i think BVB may try to keep aubameyang. they simply dont have much experienced players in their offense outside of reus and aubameyang as both schuerrle and goetze underperformed and will probably keep underperforming. kagawa, as good as he can be, is too unstable at times.
Mostly the team is in a better position, because a club can't fire and replace the heart of their income and just look at Barca and how the squad played against Enrique, or Arsenal against Wenger, or Mou at Real a couple of years ago. It happens all the time. And it gets faster, if a coach doesn't reach internal goals. And success in titles alone is not an instant approval for everything done right.

The cultural fit factor is important too. You could be talented as hell but if you don't fit inside a culture (the company) seperation is set in stone.

And BVB is a stock company, so stakeholders have power about certain strategic decisions and if a party offers enough cash for a player they only look at the bonuses they get from a deal. Watzke con only do so much. They will find another good striker but it that guy becomes another Lewandowski or Aubameyang remains to be seen.

casiopao

New thread and new Reus injury.

Juve really saved themselves there lol.^^ I remember Juventus and Marotta really wanted to get him there. But after seeing all his injury problem, thank god we don't add more injury prone player to our team pool.T_T

Fresh thread seems like a place to try and properly get involved this time around.

Top man :D

Gonna be a mass exodus out of Huddersfield tomorrow morning, so excited :D

You gonna be at Wembley, or just watching? I'm gonna be there with my parents, though uh, we'll be supporting the team whose blue and white is horizontal...

Not only his ego, but his attitude towards transfers, the perspective and how much freedom he has with the squad and of course power inside the company.

That is why the duration of eccentric coaches at their clubs is mostly limited to 2 or 3 years as they burn all bridges and themselves out in the end. The list is endless and the pattern is always the same. In the end clubs are companies that need to achieve financial goals and when a party tries to ego his way through, the one with the most power, in this case Watzke as CEO wins. That happens all the time in any company.

The CEO always wins but they also need to consider the success and with tuchel they have been pretty succesful. in the first season they were nearly beating bayern (they only behind 3-5 points for a long time) with a team that was at 6th place under klopp. in the second season they sold some of the best players and tuchel was left with youngsters and has-beens. He couldnt fix the has beens but he sure made the best out of the youngsters.
Sebastian Rode was on the bench. Who's really fucking shit. I'm #TeamNuri on this one.

we dont know how sahin performed in the training sessions. we dont know how rode did. i dont think tuchel kept sahin out of the game out of spite.

GHG

Gold Member
I trust Conte but I don't know if I trust the players, they have form...

They might decide that they are bored of Conte next season and want a new manager. It's happened before, it could happen again.

I was hoping the rumours about Sanchez would go mental after yesterdays win, probably have to wait until at least Tuesday to see what he does.

casiopao

They might decide that they are bored of Conte next season and want a new manager. It's happened before, it could happen again.

Wut. Since when is player bigger than a club there. If Conte is fired because the player acts against them, Chelsea board should sack all of those troublesome player as they are acting like a spoil brat.

CrayToes

Wut. Since when is player bigger than a club there. If Conte is fired because the player acts against them, Chelsea board should sack all of those troublesome player as they are acting like a spoil brat.

It literally happened last season with Mourinho & again this season with Ranieri. It's far easier to get rid of a manager than a load of players.

casiopao

It literally happened last season with Mourinho & again this season with Ranieri. It's far easier to get rid of a manager than a load of players.

Disgusting. Chelsea is such a huge team right now Premier League. They should never allow this disgusting thing to happen.

I still till now really love Juventus management on how they ship both Coman and Vidal out for behaviour that is not tolerate by the club and how the club stand together with the manager when the player act like spoiled brat.(See the recent Bonnuci fiaso and how he is punished to sit alone in the stand.) It shows that no matter how great u are, u are still an employee of this club and you better honor this club.

Only way I can see Conte losing his job is if he falls out with the playing squad or possible have underwhelming seasons in Europe.

casiopao

Only way I can see Conte losing his job is if he falls out with the playing squad or possible have underwhelming seasons in Europe.

Underwhelming season in Europe huh. This is going to be interesting to watch.^^ Again, i had zero problemo with Conte capabilities on handling league matches but he had terrible record in league or UCL.

I mean Juventus is sooo bad in UCL during his tenure that it scarred many Juventini lol.

Top Bottom