• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

washing-hands-oh-cool-you-play-overwatch-junkrat-main.jpg

LMAO. This legit happened IRL

In Quick Play only, lol

Solo-healing is trash in this meta. Ana isn't OP anymore.

Yeah solo healing is so hard now unless you have Sombra as a second healer. That or Ana but it is really hard. And yeah Zen solo heal? Uninstall LOL.

I somehow don't mind Ana in QP solo healing all the shitty small hitbox DPS people lock in; it is good practice, and landing flick clutch quick scopes is so satisfying (that is why I love Ana on PC).

antitrop

Hit my Career High of 4111 with only 11 post-placement games played this season so far, still getting that fat bonus SR. Cutoff for Top 500 is 4333 atm, it might be doable this season.

I wish the recording caught the res fail first round, it was quite possibly the dumbest thing I have seen in ages.

Like 2 or 3 of us down, he panics and tells our tanks to die, they tell him to fuck off and raise us because they are good, he waits so long the res only catches one of us and they die because he hid for so long

3 were probably not enough for him to be on fire :p

Attack on Dorado get matched with a duo who pick Pharah and Soldier and play really well and we finish like 3 meters from the 3rd point.

On defense the same duo pick Hanzo and Widow and never switch and we lose.

I call this subconscious throwing.

rulerk1

git my first orisa POTG then it got hacked. Got it next round tho lul

Our Sombra was trolling. Wait it was the same one who kept falling off the map in Volskaya

I love that feeling when you find yourself in a group of people who make you feel like you're being carried stupidly-easy game after game. We went through 6 games and won them pretty handily. I played Mercy, trying my hardest, and these guys are just having a casual conversation and joking about throwing, ect. Eventually one decided to leave and then the rest followed. But for a while there I was living the comp dream :p

They added me, so I must of been doing something right!

Yeah solo healing is so hard now unless you have Sombra as a second healer. That or Ana but it is really hard. And yeah Zen solo heal? Uninstall LOL.

I somehow don't mind Ana in QP solo healing all the shitty small hitbox DPS people lock in; it is good practice, and landing flick clutch quick scopes is so satisfying (that is why I love Ana on PC).
The guy who sold me my car got all excited when I said I play Overwatch. Then he asked me what my rating is. I told him "around 2000, I brought it up from 900 when I started", and he never looked me the same. :(

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I just need to stick to what works. I started this season at 1450 SR and just now reached 2000 using Reaper almost exclusively the last 200 points or so. I've won nearly every game consistently, my last one being on Oasis and going 55-2, with golds in eliminations, objective kills, and damage.

There's something to say about being proficient with other heroes, and I do switch to another player on defense (usually Roadhog, Sym, Mercy, or Lucio), but damn, when it works it works and I should just stick to it.

Anyone else resist their top characters for a while for no good reason? I'm busting my ass trying to have good games with Genji and Pharah and Sombra and here I am nonchalantly shredding the other team with Reaper. To the point it feels cheap. Reaper is an absolute MONSTER. I don't know about the highest levels of the game, but I don't think a lot of players at my SR know how to handle an extremely aggressive, balls-to-the-wall Reaper that doesn't respect the enemy's personal space. lol

I just need to stick to what works. I started this season at 1450 SR and just now reached 2000 using Reaper almost exclusively the last 200 points or so. I've won nearly every game consistently, my last one being on Oasis and going 55-2, with golds in eliminations, objective kills, and damage.

There's something to say about being proficient with other heroes, and I do switch to another player on defense (usually Roadhog, Sym, Mercy, or Lucio), but damn, when it works it works and I should just stick to it.

Anyone else resist their top characters for a while for no good reason? I'm busting my ass trying to have good games with Genji and Pharah and Sombra and here I am nonchalantly shredding the other team with Reaper. To the point it feels cheap. Reaper is an absolute MONSTER. I don't know about the highest levels of the game, but I don't think a lot of players at my SR know how to handle an extremely aggressive, balls-to-the-wall Reaper that doesn't respect the enemy's personal space. lol

Learn to be proficient with soldier, rein, winston, phara, ana, lucio, zarya, dva, reaper, genji and lucio and youll have every situation covered

Mercy too i guess but it takes all of 20 minutes to play her at a fairly high level

phara, soldier, tracer and zarya and i out dps all of them as winston. only in overwatch could this level of trash make it to the highest ladder elo

kurahador

You know what ticked me off the even though I won a match? The insta lock player talking shit about the other team. God that pissed me off so much.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
You know what ticked me off the even though I won a match? The insta lock player talking shit about the other team. God that pissed me off so much.

What ticks you off about a player talking shit about the other team? Usually that's a fun thing about competition unless it was like "the only reason my sucky team is winning is their sucky team is worse".

I got a 4-kill missile barrage which let us push the cart over the finish line and the enemy McCree got POTG for deadeye-ing 3 people as the cart was going over the line (so while he stood there and lost).

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

PatjuhR

Learn to be proficient with soldier, rein, winston, phara, ana, lucio, zarya, dva, reaper, genji and lucio and youll have every situation covered

Mercy too i guess but it takes all of 20 minutes to play her at a fairly high level

Wow, out of that list I only play soldier and maybe reaper.

MCD

Lost a king of the hill match thanks to an enemy team placing a teleporter right on the fucking objective. The fucking objective people.

And no one noticed it at all. I did take it down but too late.

Can we delete Symm please?

breadtruck

That one 4-chan leak a while back predicting Orissa, Lunar skins, and Doomfist, makes me wonder when the heck do I finally get to see my lovely Mei's cinematic???

MartyStu

My man. Ana is such a rewarding character to play.

I really wish there was a DPS character that played like her so I could add them to my--very shallow--hero pool.

Done with this game (I hope).

I feel guilty and miserable about the time and money (lootboxes, yeah) I have put into it, an the fact that it could have gone to more constructive things such as studying. I just don't find it enjoyable anymore, and comp isn't a big improvement compared to QP.

xaosslug

This is the type of stupid shit you have to deal with in Master's. Not included in the video was our Mercy telling us to die, then epic-ly failing her res and only getting 1 person and causing us to lose the point.

I just left the chat because I was trying to focus on the match, then didn't mute them because it was so fucking hilarious after a bit

https://youtu.be/6USFBdYX8ds

My favorite part is the fact I left for a good 4 or 5 minutes and they are still arguing just as intently when I came back.

this was legit amazing and a great example of triumph over adversity... all the squabbling and they still managed to work together/like a team.

lol

rulerk1

Hehehe

Wait was I falling off the map a lot? I can't even remember. Good games though! Was nice to finally play with youse.

lol idk, the complexity dude we had on our team fell of the map repeatedly trying to cross the Volskaya gap when we were defending. (he was on the other team then. That match was kind of weird tbh)

Gorillaz

That one 4-chan leak a while back predicting Orissa, Lunar skins, and Doomfist, makes me wonder when the heck do I finally get to see my lovely Mei's cinematic???
The one in that leak that was impressive was the anchora code name. We knew DF was going to be African and the crew hinted at moonbase for awhile. I'm not holding my breath on mei

Not even on the first page anymore.

This season has seemed to turn a lot of people off Overwatch, I wonder if Blizzard has a response. Or if this is just the way of things a year plus into a competitive online shooter.

LiK

Not even on the first page anymore.

This season has seemed to turn a lot of people off Overwatch, I wonder if Blizzard has a response. Or if this is just the way of things a year plus into a competitive online shooter.

They have some but it's coming super slow. The promised harsher penalties are still MIA. The no dupes patch is still in PTR. I guess most people will come back next week with Doomfist and Summer Games.

Top Bottom