• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2012

M3d10n

I was playing Super Mario 3D Land today and noticed I had a Toad House with a familiar Mii... which was odd, as I didn't have a new Streetpass nor had I gone online recently. In any event, I jumped into the Streetpass Mii Plaza and find a new Mii -- Nikki, from Swapnote.

Nikki appeared "six hours ago" by invitation, which was just about when I received a time-locked Swapnote message from an unknown sender.

I assume Nikki arrived with the message -- if you have 'Special Messages' enabled in Swapnote and 'Invite Mii' in the Plaza, I assume you'll be making a new friend too. Does anyone else have Nikki visiting?

Ah, it happened to me too. I didn't check the Plaza yet, but I got a gift from her mii in a toad house in SM3DL.

NeonZ

Just to make sure... There's no way to play the Virtual console GB games in a "Gameboy Color" mode, with the optional color pallets, right?

fernoca

Just to make sure... There's no way to play he GB games in a "Gameboy Color" mode, right, with the optional color pallets?
Nope, well.. not at the moment at least.
Game Boy games (i.e. GB games made for the regular GB) can only be played in black and white or green. (either case with a GB-hardware border if you choose to play at the native resolution).

Game Boy Color games are the same, except only in color and with an option for the GB Color-hardware border.

Game Boy games enhanced with Super Game Boy colors; at the moment there's Kirby's Dreamland 2 an it can only be played like traditional Game Boy games (i.e. black and white or green).

Haha, forgot about this:

TUKJw.jpg

So much for the fact that the main character is a ninja.. XD

i6bLf.jpg

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Why doesn't the US e-shop accept non-US cards? :(

Had to buy a card for $22.75 from ebay. Gonna be ultra stingy with my purchases. Why couldn't they keep the Wii/DSi system I don't know...

Why doesn't the US e-shop accept non-US cards? :(

Had to buy a card for $22.75 from ebay. Gonna be ultra stingy with my purchases. Why couldn't they keep the Wii/DSi system I don't know...
It did for the first few weeks but then they locked it down, if you don't want to have to buy cards online, last I checked if you changed your region to Brazil you still get the same content as the US store but can use non US Credit Cards.

Any information on the delayed release for Metal gear Solid 3D demo? Could they be preparing an exclusive demo for NA with the updated/final build of the game?

Also, anyone else notice that they took off Sonic Generations from the list of titles with upcoming demos in the message from Nintendo?

Enzon

Hi, i'm new with the 3DS. I was wondering if there's a special day of the week when they upload things, like PSN or if its (as i am suspecting) a mess and very random. Also, i want new demos, i want to try the MGS 3D controls

Hi, i'm new with the 3DS. I was wondering if there's a special day of the week when they upload things, like PSN or if its (as i am suspecting) a mess and very random. Also, i want new demos, i want to try the MGS 3D controls

The eshop gets updated every Thursday at 12:00PM EST. There's supposed to be an MGS demo coming soon but Nintendo seems to really hate putting up demos for some reason so who knows when it'll go up.

Linkup

The eshop gets updated every Thursday at 12:00PM EST. There's supposed to be an MGS demo coming soon but Nintendo seems to really hate putting up demos for some reason so who knows when it'll go up.

I think they are purposely doing it to space out content a bit more, fill those gaps with something even if it's a demo. New 3DS demos certainly get me to check out the eShop that day. A MGS demo in bad shape would probably do more harm than good, if they got a slightly better looking version with better frame rate then maybe it would be worth the trouble.

Enzon

Oh, tanks, it's good to know there's some kind of order in this thing, hopefully we get the demo this Thursday

@MUWANdo

Banned
Quick question for any Aussies: has anyone tried changing the region of their DSi in order to access the European DSi Store? I know it works on 3DS, just curious if it works on DSi too. It'd be nice to pick up some points cards from Europe on the cheap.

Quick question for any Aussies: has anyone tried changing the region of their DSi in order to access the European DSi Store? I know it works on 3DS, just curious if it works on DSi too. It'd be nice to pick up some points cards from Europe on the cheap.
Aus DSi can only do Aus DSi Store unfortunately for some reason, I tried a few times to change the region on it but you can't.

Sweet! MGS3D demo for Europe on Thursday. Looking forward to trying out CPP on it, I didn't like the controls without it at Eurogamer...

Nincompoop has already replied to the Chilean poster asking about eShop updates on that side of the pond, for anyone who doesn't already know when the shop updates in Europe / the UK -- its usually Thursdays at 2pm GMT.

tsab

Can I give you my money from now Nintendo?
Can't fucking wait for some Wario Land love.

BUY IT FOR THE LOVE OF VIDYAGAEMS

I hope I don't buy Wario Land only to end up beating it in an hour and a half without ever dying before the final level, like with Super Mario Land 2. Please tell me WL is longer/more difficult?

Robin64

I hope I don't buy Wario Land only to end up beating it in an hour and a half without ever dying before the final level, like with Super Mario Land 2. Please tell me WL is longer/more difficult?

It's longer and more difficult. It even has multiple exits in levels leading to other maps, ala Mario World, and some of them are very difficult if you can find.

@MUWANdo

Banned

A regular playthrough is longer, although I couldn't say by how much as it's been a long time since I played SML2. It's not massively difficult, but it is harder than SML2, and it has an actual difficulty curve rather than being a cakewalk until the end.

The main challenge comes from achieving all the endings - there are a bunch of different endings depending on how much gold/loot you've collected, so if you wanna see 'em all you have to collect a ton of coins and find all the hidden treasures/exits. It's not as expansive as Super Mario World but it's still good fun. Much better than the SML games, and the sequels are even better.

Heropon

Link's Awakening
Metroid II
Wario Land
Kirby's Dream Land 2
Wario Land 2
Wario Land 3
Oracle of Ages
Oracle of Seasons

These are my must haves. I hope they don't take too long to appear.

Chopper

So, I'm just trying to work out which of the Wario games I've played. Is Wario Land (Mario Land 3) the one that rewards you with
different houses at the end, depending on how much money you have? It ranges from a Bird House to a Moon, or something ridiculous?

If so, I don't think I've play Wario Land 2 or 3. Are the equally awesome?

Also, was Master of Disguise any good?

@MUWANdo

Banned
So, I'm just trying to work out which of the Wario games I've played. Is Wario Land (Mario Land 3) the one that rewards you with
different houses at the end, depending on how much money you have? It ranges from a Bird House to a Moon, or something ridiculous?

If so, I don't think I've play Wario Land 2 or 3. Are the equally awesome?

Also, was Master of Disguise any good?

Yep, that's the one.

Wario Land 2 is a bit more puzzle-y, with the big difference being that you can't actually die - getting hit by enemies/bosses will just make you lose coins or be pushed back to a previous point in the level. Some enemies will crush you like a pancake, light you on fire, etc which allows you to access different routes or get past certain obstacles. The SMW-style overworld map is gone, replaced with a more linear branching path system kinda like Kid Chameleon or something, with a bunch of unique routes and secret endings.

Wario Land 3 plays similarly to 2, but there's even more to do - there's a day/night cycle, you can gain different abilities and backtrack to earlier levels to unlock different paths, there's a ton more trinkets to collect, lotsa stuff.

WL4, Wario World, Shake Dimension, even VB Wario Land are all pretty good. Master of Disguise is a pile of crap, don't bother with it.

BowieZ

Banned
Anyone know when the winners of the Japanese special Mario-themed 3DSes will be announced/start receiving their spoils? The competition ended a month ago now...

I want to see videos of these beauties in real life conditions! But there's nothing on YouTube yet...

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
vYU92.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software and Demos

• Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D Demo Version (Konami | €0.00 | £0.00) Upcoming (02/16)

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

• Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 (Nintendo | Game Boy | €4.00 | £3.60) Upcoming (02/16)

Wii | WiiWare

• Aya and the Cubes of Light Demo Version (Object Vision Software | 0 Points) Upcoming (02/16)

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

Top Bottom