• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

This is the spoiler thread, though. Like, full blown spoilers in here. All over the fuckin' place, in fact.

Also, I can't actually get all the way through that video, but what I've made it through makes me wonder whether one (or both) of them have read/listened to some shit.

But I can't imagine they'd be willing to do something that bullshit, really. It's only because so many other dickheads have been pulling that exact move in places all over the internet that it occurred to me.

Yes it's a spoiler thread, but I haven't read thru the thread. Just the OP.

I figured if there was a place to put that video, it was here.

Nodnol

New scenes in the new trailer look awesome.

I guess Kylo igniting his saber in front of Rey is when she gets captured, which follows the scene of her firing off her blaster quite angrily.

What's the chances Finn loses a hand in the Kylo fight, is down for the count, she gets emotional, cue her crying over a "body" (actually the incapacitated Finn). She grabs Luke's saber, duels with Kylo. I'm expecting someone to lose a hand at some point, though they may keep that staple for VIII.

Any freeze frames of the quick cut of Chewie? When his hand looks to grab something?

Interesting that they've lifted the lid on a few things and squashed a few fan theories. BB-8 isn't Rey's, she's not a native to Jakku, she's waiting for her family etc. First trailer that helps build the narrative a bit.

bengraven

I'm pretty sure that they've been tricking us into thinking Rei is Leia's kid. I am almost 51/49 that Luke is her father.

- share background - desert planet, wants to get off
- supposedly a good pilot (okay so that doesn't rule out Han)
- Force sensitive (the pirate is likely talking to her when she talks about the Force "let it in" since she already was talking to her in the first part of the trailer)
- and if a leaked rumor is true
and she is sent to Luke by Leia at the end
it's likely because she's his daughter.

I'm pretty sure that they've been tricking us into thinking Rei is Leia's kid. I am almost 51/49 that Luke is her father.

- share background - desert planet, wants to get off
- supposedly a good pilot (okay so that doesn't rule out Han)
- Force sensitive (the pirate is likely talking to her when she talks about the Force "let it in" since she already was talking to her in the first part of the trailer)
- and if a leaked rumor is true
and she is sent to Luke by Leia at the end
it's likely because she's his daughter.

Yeah, I'm pretty confident that JJ had little to no involvement with this trailer. It reminds me of when the International trailer for STID came out and it was the biggest indicator of the film's (poorly) hidden Wrath of Khan echoes.

JJ's trying to sell the idea that Rey is a Solo, so he can surprise people with the reveal that she's really Luke's daughter instead.

Hystzen

Eh I still think Rey is a adopted daughter not blood related. Picked her up on his journey on after Rotj to seek out new Jedi or something

graffix13

The new international trailer is fantastic. Better than the one we got a few weeks ago on MNF, IMO.

I'm starting to fear that Luke is already dead by the time this movie starts.

kaiju

my prediction:

luke = not evil or good (hes wearing white and black). rey and finn find luke. kylo shows up, kills luke because luke refuses to use his powers or maybe they suck now. but luke managed to slow kylo down, which is why kylo removed the mask before his fight with finn. rey and finn both barely escape with luke's light saber.

Interesting predictions, but Luke is pretty much confirmed for the next movie after TFA. Mark Hamill even tweeted it in fact. He could just show up as a Force ghost, but I believe he'll have a much larger role in Episode VIII.

Cheebo

Banned
The new international trailer is fantastic. Better than the one we got a few weeks ago on MNF, IMO.

I'm starting to fear that Luke is already dead by the time this movie starts.

He is alive. He has one scene in the movie, at the very very end. Just one shot.

Pappasman

I feel like we've been seeing more people come into this thread and drop speculation, not knowing that almost all of the plot is out and openly being discussed here.

kinda funny.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Interesting predictions, but Luke is pretty much confirmed for the next movie after TFA. Mark Hamill even tweeted it in fact. He could just show up as a Force ghost, but I believe he'll have a much larger role in Episode VIII.

Yeah seems like my predictions were off. I was hoping luke would have a kid to leave his skywalker legacy going, but apparently leia is the one to do that.

Looks like luke will teach Rey the force. I'm slightly disappointed Finn is not force sensitive.

If it's the last scene of a Star Wars film he won't have any dialogue.

Dammit, I feel like the worst Star Wars fan ever. They all end with no dialog, don't they?

Although here, they could do the no-dialog-only-music ending sequence, and have Luke as a stinger?

edit: Luke has dialog, but maybe it's a flashback? He has lines in one of the old trailers talking about the Force in his family.

Dammit, I feel like the worst Star Wars fan ever. They all end with no dialog, don't they?

Although here, they could do the no-dialog-only-music ending sequence, and have Luke as a stinger?

edit: Luke has dialog, but maybe it's a flashback? He has lines in one of the old trailers talking about the Force in his family.

Those are lines from Return of the Jedi

FOR THOSE LOOKING TO GET YOUR ASSES SPOILED

THIS is a frequently updated collection of most spoilers and a lot of informed speculation, combined with imagery from the marketing.

THIS is essentially an audiobook reading of a summary of the above (from May).

Between those two, you'll basically have a pretty good idea of about 90% of the plot of this film.

A script never leaked, so things like characterization, character motivation, dialog, and tone aren't going to be very present. But you'll definitely get an idea of who does what, and where they go, from either of the above two links.

Daisy said she hung out with Carrie Fisher's daughter on the set of Star Wars, but is denying that she'll be playing a young version of Leia. I call BS.

With Hayden coming back to film flashbacks for VIII, I can see flashbacks being a big part of that movie, and Billie playing a young Leia.

Cheebo

Banned
Anyone listen to Jason Ward's podcast for Making Star Wars?

He mentioned on a recent episode he was told Abrams screened a rough cut of the film for George Lucas back in September. Found that to be interesting. Wonder if Lucas gave him any feedback for the final edit.

Anyone listen to Jason Ward's podcast for Making Star Wars?

He mentioned on a recent episode he was told Abrams screened a rough cut of the film for George Lucas back in September. Found that to be interesting. Wonder if Lucas gave him any feedback for the final edit.

"Faster. More intense."

graffix13

We keep telling you lol. He isn't dead.

I've read all the spoilers, I know. I mean, I'm 95% positive he is alive and just in exile. However, there is that small 5% of me worrying he's been dead for years. She (Rey) meets up with him at the end and Force Ghost Luke says "You know, Rey, you really are THE FORCE AWAKENS".

I'm just a worrier. I guess that's why my friends call me "whiskers".

Cheebo

Banned
I've read all the spoilers, I know. I mean, I'm 95% positive he is alive and just in exile. However, there is that small 5% of me worrying he's been dead for years. She (Rey) meets up with him at the end and Force Ghost Luke says "You know, Rey, you really are THE FORCE AWAKENS".

I'm just a worrier. I guess that's why my friends call me "whiskers".

He wouldn't be in hiding out on a rocky mountain in a ocean if he was a force ghost. You are worrying over nothing man.

Cheebo

Banned
If you are worrying over Luke's death in a movie he is certain to not die in then how will you handle it when he really dies in 8 or 9?

Luke Skywalker, son of Anakin Skywalker and Padme Skywalker nee Amidala, is 100% alive, present, and not evil in Star Wars: Episode VII: The Force Awakens.

Mark Hamill plays him and he has not masqueraded his presence in the movie as any of the following things: Kylo Ren, Max Von Sydow's character, BB-8, Chewbacca, Rey's staff, the star destroyer on Jakku, C-390's red arm, Supreme Leader Snoke, a Tie-Fighter, or Jar-Jar.

FOR THOSE LOOKING TO GET YOUR ASSES SPOILED

THIS is a frequently updated collection of most spoilers and a lot of informed speculation, combined with imagery from the marketing.

THIS is essentially an audiobook reading of a summary of the above (from May).

Between those two, you'll basically have a pretty good idea of about 90% of the plot of this film.

A script never leaked, so things like characterization, character motivation, dialog, and tone aren't going to be very present. But you'll definitely get an idea of who does what, and where they go, from either of the above two links.

Thank you for this, its a nice read.

I literally said in the next movie

I know. He's not in Episode VIII. She's playing a completely different character. It was a bunk rumor. I didn't misquote you or anything. Did you accidentally misread the roman numerals you posted/I quoted?

You think Billie Lourde is playing "young Leia" and that Hayden Christensen is in Episode VIII. Neither of those things are real.

Top Bottom