• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaZero

Nice thread, Turk.
Maybe I'll post a bit more this time.

EDIT: Top of page - Buy Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus. NGS @30FPS >>>>>> Your favorite Vita action game.

Noi

:D

Has Ys actually been confirmed for localisation?

Nope. But Xseed has shown they aren't gun-shy about Vita games, should still have a deal with Falcom going and they'd have plenty of fans out for blood after localizing every other Ys PSP game! (and the one PC game)

Is Dragon's Crown still coming? Love the art style.
boobs

Atlus picked the game up from certain death at Ignition's incompetent hands. We haven't seen the game since, but it should still be good!

Dantis

Nope. But Xseed has shown they aren't gun-shy about Vita games, should still have a deal with Falcom going and they'd have plenty of fans out for blood after localizing every other Ys PSP game! (and the one PC game)

I've never even played any of them, but more RPGs for the Vita can't be a bad thing.

OmegaZero

<---- Is patiently waiting for the AC3:L patch to hit Europe. Can't wait to get balls deep into this game. This is waiting.

On a side note I completed the 3 multiplayer trophies for the game today...

You poor thing.
At least you'll never have to touch it again.

EDIT:
I thought I posted a fair amount in the last one till I saw the wall of shame, lol.

Guy at the top is responsible for recommendations by the way >_>

Yeah, I don't think I'll ever successfully predict whether my post will be top of page, so I just edit it in afterward.

Sylver

Banned
So what's your most anticipated games guys?

Killzone: Mercenary
imUzVb98KWyJU.gif

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2
Soul Sacrifice (I fear that game).

ZeroAKA

The boxart for Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time looks really nice. I've never played any of the Sly Cooper games, but I'll probably get the PS3 version. More cross-buy titles please, Sony.

Soul Sacrifice
, Final Fantasy X HD, and BioShock Vita

yurinka

I have a Vita wifi, plan to get an Android 3G+GPS (my current phone sucks) and my idea is to use tethering to bring 3G to the Vita. Does it works? Do the stuff like Near and games (turn based/learderboards etc) work properly using this like when using a 3G Vita?

Never did hit that magical 1000.

Killzone, Muramasa, Tearaway, Dragon's Crown, Soul Sacrifice and maybe others that right now I don't remember. Well, and Mortal Kombat from PS+.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So do you guys think PS2 classics will ever be playable on Vita? Is there an actual technological reason this couldn't happen or is Sony just being lazy?

Came to my mind after I read about GTA:SA being put up on the store next week. Would be nice.

OmegaZero

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus if it has online co-op (with playable netcode).
If not, then give me a second to decide between DOA5+, Soul Sacrifice, Tearaway and Killzone Mercenary. ;_;
The Vanillaware duo are a close second.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
WTF Canoe section in AC3:L is fucking terrible!

LProtag

I'm debating getting the 32GB memory card now that it's down to 81 on Amazon and I have that 5 dollar off deal expiring tomorrow...

Still a good chunk of money though.

Dantis

Never did hit that magical 1000.

DOA5+ and NGS2+.

Outside of those, there's not really much coming out for the system that interests me as of yet. I know there'll be stuff down the line though, so it's all good.

It's a good thing all 3 games are Vita compatible then. ;D Go play them!

I've considered buying them a few times, but I always figured they might have aged badly and so I never did.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Someone convince me to pay $20 for Dokuro. Is it seriously deep/challenging?

Jamix012

I've been playing MGS: Peace Walker. It looks absolutely incredible on the Vita. If someone had told me it was a Vita game I wouldn't have much trouble beleiving them.
I'm thinking of buying a physical copy of MGS: HD collection for the Vita (I already have the digital one) to free 3 more GB of space on my 32 GB memory card. I just need to know if it's possible to transfer saves from a digital to a physical copy and then where I can get the physical copy for the cheapest price.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
What is the easiest way to access both your EU and USA PSN account on one Vita? I already have 2 different SD cards.
There is no easy way, you just have to format and reset the Vita each time you want to switch cards/accounts.

Noi

I've considered buying them a few times, but I always figured they might have aged badly and so I never did.

The only one that might take some adapting to is Ys 1&2 and their bump style gameplay. Oath in Felghana and Ys 7 are absolutely fantastic though. Oath was my first game and got me into the series as a whole.

Best part of the Ys games is that outside of 1&2, all of them can be taken as separate games with no continuity. It's just Adol Christin going out on adventures and destroying gods along the way.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Someone convince me to pay $20 for Dokuro. Is it seriously deep/challenging?

The game is -hard- sometimes in a fun way and sometimes not so much (the princess will fuck you over)

I'm still playing my way through it here and there. It's fun but some of the levels are really annoying. Platinum seems like it'd be a good challenge since a few of them are pretty tough. It's also got a ton of stages.

Rasec

The game is -hard- sometimes in a fun way and sometimes not so much (the princess will fuck you over)

I'm still playing my way through it here and there. It's fun but some of the levels are really annoying. Platinum seems like it'd be a good challenge since a few of them are pretty tough. It's also got a ton of stages.

Yup, huge it is and it got more fun as the game progresses.
It's true sometimes the levels are annoying but nothing extreme.
I imported and i loved it.
An different kind of game is always good to play sometimes.

I'm thinking of buying a physical copy of MGS: HD collection for the Vita (I already have the digital one) to free 3 more GB of space on my 32 GB memory card. I just need to know if it's possible to transfer saves from a digital to a physical copy and then where I can get the physical copy for the cheapest price.
What you have to do (to back up your save file) is go into the content manager app, and upload that save to the "cloud" and then retrieve it once you get the physical copy. Assuming you have PS Plus, that is. If not, you're kinda boned.

Can't help with finding it cheap, though.

So do you guys think PS2 classics will ever be playable on Vita? Is there an actual technological reason this couldn't happen or is Sony just being lazy?

Came to my mind after I read about GTA:SA being put up on the store next week. Would be nice.
I don't really know... I remember reading that even the PS3 has a bit of trouble emulating the PS2 library, so it may not be possible on the Vita just yet... maybe Sony will release a redesign or something that's a bit more powerful?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I don't really know... I remember reading that even the PS3 has a bit of trouble emulating the PS2 library, so it may not be possible on the Vita just yet... maybe Sony will release a redesign or something that's a bit more powerful?
Probably not... so... ports! Of Dragon Quest 8. And Odin Sphere to round out the upcoming Vanillaware library.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Luckily you'll be guided automatically in a later section.
There'll also be a horrible one too, unless that's the one you're talking about.

The one in the cave. Took me another attempt to pass, but WTF who okay-ed that shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom