• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Taruranto

Ao no Flag 15

6vDbSVT.jpg
Honestly this is kinda meeeeh now.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
A Trail of Blood ch. 14

On the bright side, at least the girl made it outside of the house (and not via a body bag).

On the not so bright side, mom somehow got even weirder.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
One Piece Oh shit, I'm kind of into this fight. Luffy's powers were always pretty weird but now a mirror match?

Dr. Stone That sunflower scene was really sweet. Also that twist at the end was really good. Top notch series stays a top-notch series!

Mousou Telepathy 454 - 456

I think Nanako is still experiencing technical difficulties.

we never learn 29 - 30

Well, Ogata almost made something happen. Yuiga has to know that at least one of the girls likes him. I mean at some point we're going to have to get to a stage where feelings are understood right?

upandaway

One Piece

I mean mochi can't do gear 2 can it? Or the sumo thing.

Luffy just eat the mochi

Dr Stone

Yeah that was good. The flower scene was really nice. That guy is definitely gonna get some glasses.

I like her better with the mask on so that's nice, would be neat to see her without it from time to time.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

I mean mochi can't do gear 2 can it? Or the sumo thing.

Luffy just eat the mochi

Dr Stone

Yeah that was good. The flower scene was really nice. That guy is definitely gonna get some glasses.

I like her better with the mask on so that's nice, would be neat to see her without it from time to time.

I don't think the "eating" is going to work. Katakuri is a special Paramecia (retconned this way). So basically it would be like trying to eat his body. Like how Luffy's whole body is rubber, Katakuri's whole body is mochi.

Zweizer

Banned
Their Story ch140

Sun Jing has become pretty popular. Qiu Tong better make her move soon, though I doubt Sun Jing has eyes for anyone but her, lol.

Shinmai Shimai no Futari Gohan ch19

If anything, it's pretty good at making the food look delicious.

Eh, I've eaten all three of these and they feel pretty overrated. Seems more like it's a scam defending their high price, with the roots of their status based on past French hegemony.

Nejimaki Kagyu ch66

It was a pretty good show of what teamwork can get you. Too bad the enemy doesn't play fair.

Mob Psycho 100 ch100.12

img000007a7sjx.png

Damn, that was unexpected.

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch646

Serves you right for cheating.

Yuri Natsu -Kagaya Inn- 3

Friendship between sisters is wonderful. I'm noticing some, uh, significant personality differences between the characters here and in the one-shot. This is actually one of the few times in the Mochiverse when I'm not entirely sure where this innuendo's leading, but it potentially supports my preferred theory for the sleeping kiss mystery.

Zweizer

Banned
Devil's Worries and the Unchanging Duo (Madoka doujinshi) by Ryuunosuke

Friendship between magical girls is wonderful. However, trick the Devil at your own risk, especially when said Devil is already battered by the heat. On the bright side, Madoka seems to be quite accepting of Homura's quinkier desires.

Yuri Natsu -Kagaya Inn- ch3

Starting to feel that my prediction back for the one-shot was correct:

Yuri Family (One-shot) by Mochi Au Lait

Twist: there was no kiss (yet).

Madoka - Devil's Worries and the Unchanging Duo (SFW doujin)
A special edition of We Never Learn, in which the brightest devil helps the dullest blades to avoid capital punishment. My feelings towards regular SoL Madoka material can vary greatly, but this successfully pressed my x, □, △ and ○ buttons, and not just because of the Homura focus. I'd read a spin-off where she trains to defeat Sayaka at Str**t Fi**ter 6. Also 'BDSM with Playstation cables' just got added to the list.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Shokugeki no soma latest
Prediction
Soma: Win
Takumi: Draw (not sure if possible, but what the heck)
Megumi: Lose

Dr. Stone latest
At one point they will create nuke,aren't they?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
yo Kimetsu no Yaiba gives me Bleach vibes with this pillar stuff it isn't even funny

lol reminds me of the old days
Theres a lot of parallels to bleach. Even every one that isn't a pillar is useless. (And bleach somehow seems to do that better so far in regards to vc). It's much more serious and heartfelt than bleach was though.

Ascheroth

Theres a lot of parallels to bleach. Even every one that isn't a pillar is useless. (And bleach somehow seems to do that better so far in regards to vc). It's much more serious and heartfelt than bleach was though.
This is such a terrible comparison I don't even know how to answer this, lol.
Kimetsu no Yaiba has 78 chapters.
That's barely the start of the Soul Society arc in Bleach, where most of the Gotei 13 weren't even introduced yet, much less did anything important.

Usobuko

Banned
How would you all rate Kimetsu no Yaiba?

Against the better ones in Jump, the abundance of seinen samurai manga or that youkai samurai manga that was serialized quite some time back in Jump.

Ascheroth

Against the better ones in Jump, the abundance of seinen samurai manga or that youkai samurai manga that was serialized quite some time back in Jump.
It's one of my favorites in current jump along with MHA and Neverland.
Though it did take a while until it really 'clicked' with me.

And Tanjirou is just a really cool protagonist.

I second this. I loved the premise, world, and characters right away, my issue is the style of writing. During many of the fights the series goes into a weird third person perspective almost like you're reading a book. I dunno if it's just how the translation team is translating it or if its indicatice of the mangaka's writing style. There are also fights that do the more typical [what do I do] personal introspective during battles.

Kimetsu no Yaiba is like reading one of those classical mangas like Samurai Executioner, Azumi, and Lone Wolf & Club.

It just has that old school pacing, and type of storyline that I havent enjoyed in any recent modern mangas. Love it.

Kyuur

Does KnY have a serviceable translation for the first few chapters after the Jump Start yet?

I really want to give it a fair shake but the scanlations I found previously were garbage.

Does KnY have a serviceable translation for the first few chapters after the Jump Start yet?

I really want to give it a fair shake but the scanlations I found previously were garbage.

Viz did announce they licensed the manga for retail release so at worse you could wait and read it volume to volume.

Zweizer

Banned
Hi Score Girl ch

Hidaka can be rather sadistic. Too bad Oono didn't intervene.

One Punch-Man ch81

Huh, they're doing surprisingly well against Garou, even if he's severely weakened. Really liking Glasses' efficiency at support.

Black Lily and White Lily ch5

Well, that got resolved, and escalated, quickly. It got pretty sweet towards the latter half of the chapter, but now I'm not sure how the story goes from there. Series that expand on a relationship after they've successfully hooked up are rare, but if this one can manage to do that decently, that's more than fine for me.

Chase17

I've really been enjoying KnY, especially since it hit its stride with the spider arc. Translation is rough though. Looking forward to that viz release.

Astra 42

Guess we know what that conversation was about.

Forgot about her having a photographic memory. Kind of laughed at everyone emerging out of nowhere. All hail the king.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
One Punch Man Fuck! It's been a hot minute since I got really into a fight but god damn I'm digging all this hero team work! This is more of what I want; group systems fighting against monster where everyone has their own special role! So good!

Seven Deadly Sins I don't know what it is about this series, but most of the time when it gets sentimental and crap it makes me want to cough a lung. New weirdos are still pretty fun though!

Promised Neverland Man that last panel is a good one.

Let's Lagoon 5 - 39

Started reading this again. Things sure are getting weird with all the time slips and fog stuff. Also I have a feeling this is a manga that doesn't have a happy ending.

On another note, Kamiyama want's Yamada's D so bad.

Ecstas Online 1-2

Skimming through this so I could dismiss it as more isekai garbage, then I realise it's drawn by the Tatoe Hai ni Natte mo artist and features Cruel mk2. Whose first words are "Everyone, please die ♪".

Now I'm conflicted.

Black Lily and White Lily 5

I feel like I just read something that thought it was on chapter 50 rather than 5. Maybe it's been too long since the previous release, but the emotional talk didn't resonate with me. If there'd been more chapters with character development leading up to it then it might've been a different story, but yeah.

e: Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen 34.5

Love at first fight. Either he wasn't being honest about his preferences initially, or that punch inflicted irreversible cranial damage that altered his tastes.

Let's Lagoon 5 - 39

Started reading this again. Things sure are getting weird with all the time slips and fog stuff. Also I have a feeling this is a manga that doesn't have a happy ending.

On another note, Kamiyama want's Yamada's D so bad.
MCs making the wrong decisions in their romance options is nothing new for manga, but this one's particularly painful. Especially after
she takes out a shark for him
in chp 41.

upandaway

I read the first couple chapters the other day and really enjoyed it. I'm surprised it's not more popular, maybe the quality drops later or something, but I loved what I read

Usobuko

Banned
Hinamatsuri Chapter 70

Never disappoints, Hitomi.

And Tanjirou is just a really cool protagonist.
Kimetsu no Yaiba is like reading one of those classical mangas like Samurai Executioner, Azumi, and Lone Wolf & Club.

It just has that old school pacing, and type of storyline that I havent enjoyed in any recent modern mangas. Love it.
I read the first couple chapters the other day and really enjoyed it. I'm surprised it's not more popular, maybe the quality drops later or something, but I loved what I read

Alright, I will give it a fair shake.

MHA and Neverland were good surprises and I hope this follow suits.

Pachael

Hinamatsuri 70

Hitomi-han, your avatar and words uncomfortably remind me of someone else but I can't quite put my finger on who.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
This is such a terrible comparison I don't even know how to answer this, lol.
Kimetsu no Yaiba has 78 chapters.
That's barely the start of the Soul Society arc in Bleach, where most of the Gotei 13 weren't even introduced yet, much less did anything important.
The set up with the captains and the society and demons/hollows. This also referring to early bleach here until the end of so of society so number of chapters is irrelevant. There's no way you can't see the similarities. It's not knock against it though. It uses it pretty well.

Top Bottom