(04-13-2017, 04:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Montresor

Alright so with this week's sale I got:

Aaero
Abzu
Candleman
Oceanhorn
Silence

And I still didn't even really play any of the other five indie games I mentioned this week: Wheels of Aurelia, Song of the Deep, The Inner World, Dark Acana, and Her Majesty's Spiffing.

-_- too much work and too little time to play.

Play Abzu and tell me if I should buy it o.o
eastx
(04-13-2017, 07:50 PM)

Originally Posted by flkraven

Of course you should! ABZU is one of the most beautiful games ever. Nice and short, too, with easy Achievements.
Vert boil
(04-14-2017, 07:53 AM)
New Bundle,

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 1: Extended Edition - 20$

New Pre-Order,

Portal Knights - Emerald Throne Pack - 20$
(Trial is available now. Achievements aren't live yet.)
Last edited by Vert boil; 04-14-2017 at 08:16 PM.
Steverulez
(04-14-2017, 11:54 AM)

Hmmm will have to add Aero to my list then.

Oh and RedSparrows love the gamerpic. I'm going to play Recore one of these days but I'm only holding back because a) There's rumours of a new content / definitive edition and b) Scorpio is going to help big time with performance.

Performance was the last of its problems. I guess it depends where you put bugs but the game was simply unfinished, let's hope the Defininitive Edition fixes that
Banjo-Kazooie
(04-14-2017, 01:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Steverulez

Performance was the last of its problems. I guess it depends where you put bugs but the game was simply unfinished, let's hope the Defininitive Edition fixes that

Personally speaking the load times did it for me
RedSparrows
(04-14-2017, 01:50 PM)
Eh, no worse than certain other games.

I loved it. Stupid MS for not treating it properly though.
shingi70
(04-14-2017, 02:01 PM)
Recore could have used a delay to early this year.

I stopped playing when I got to Eden tower to wait for the dlc.
Steverulez
(04-14-2017, 10:11 PM)

Originally Posted by Banjo-Kazooie

Personally speaking the load times did it for me

They were bad but I thought there were massive issues with some of the basic design work which are larger problems
Montresor
(04-16-2017, 12:26 AM)
Finished the 1000/1000 in Wheels Of Aurelia and Dark Arcana: The Carnival.

Wheels Of Aurelia was pretty bad. I give it a 2/5. The visuals and music are really, really good, but the game play and overall experience is incredibly tedious. This game is all about replaying the story over and over and making different decisions, but there's no way to keep track of the different decisions and branching paths that you've already completed.

Dark Arcana: The Carnival is another good Artifex Mundi game. I hope they keep them coming. I'll give it a 3.5/5... every other Artifex Mundi is easily a 4/5 but I felt there was a small lack of polish in this game. One of the puzzles in the Bonus Adventure was broken - it involved rotating circles but there was no way to tell which circle you were selecting (making it a guessing game if you wanted to know which circle you were about to rotate).

I'll try to squeeze in Abzu this weekend but I may not have the time.
scarface983
(04-16-2017, 01:24 AM)
Yes, Wheels Of Aurelia is kind of boring. I played it for like an hour. Repetitive gameplay.
Vert boil
(04-18-2017, 08:31 AM)
Released today,

ATV Renegades - 30$, 917MB.

Flinthook - 15$, 462MB.

Late Shift - 10$ (will rise to 12.50$), 7.34GB.

Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series - Episode 1 - 5$, 4.36GB.
(Trial available. No time limit, doesn't unlock achievements.)
--Season pass (eps 2-5) - 15$

Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series - The Complete Season (Episodes 1-5) - 20$

Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom - 30$, 10.97GB.

The Disney Afternoon Collection - 20$, 456MB.

Voodoo Vince - 15$, 3.14GB.

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap - 20$, 1.04GB.

-----
R.B.I. Baseball 2017 has received the online multiplayer update.
Last edited by Vert boil; 04-18-2017 at 04:32 PM.
Montresor
(04-18-2017, 01:47 PM)
Now that's what I call release day. I'll get Late Shift and Voodoo Vince.

I still have barely had time to play lately. Pretty discouraging. It's not even just work, but other hobbies bleeding into Xbox's time.

I'm a huge Maple Leafs fan so Saturday evening and Monday evening were pretty much all taken up watching the Leafs vs. Capitals playoff games. Was worth it because the Leafs eked out awesome overtime wins both nights.

And on Sunday I got free tickets to the Blue Jays baseball game from my company. I'm really glad I went because it was a surreal, unique experience. The Jays sucked but god damn I was right there on the front row by 1st base. We could talk to the 1st base coach.

Today's cheap Tuesday and a buddy and I are going to watch Fate of the Furious. Should be fun. But I probably won't be able to play anything until Wednesday night after work.
eastx
(04-18-2017, 05:36 PM)
Yeah, what an amazing week for downloadable games.

Here's my review of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series - Episode 1. Please check it out.

http://www.windowscentral.com/marvel...-series-review

Bonus:

Yooka-Laylee review
Montresor
(04-19-2017, 01:05 AM)
^ Nice review. I appreciate that you had a section that said "minor spoilers" ahead. That 4.5/5 score lines up with my thoughts on the Batman Telltale game. This company continues to make really good narrative games/experiences. I just can't buy their games on day one anymore. No matter how good it is. I can wait until Episode 4 is out and get the game on a good sale then. I can handle a month or two wait for the final episode. But not the almost year-long wait for everything.
Vert boil
(04-19-2017, 07:50 AM)
New Pre-Order,

Planetbase - 20$
Baron_Calamity
(04-19-2017, 12:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Vert boil

New Pre-Order,

Planetbase - 20$

Interesting. Looks up my alley.
Banjo-Kazooie
(04-19-2017, 04:16 PM)

^ Nice review. I appreciate that you had a section that said "minor spoilers" ahead. That 4.5/5 score lines up with my thoughts on the Batman Telltale game. This company continues to make really good narrative games/experiences. I just can't buy their games on day one anymore. No matter how good it is. I can wait until Episode 4 is out and get the game on a good sale then. I can handle a month or two wait for the final episode. But not the almost year-long wait for everything.

Yep. The "season pass" goes on sale before all the episodes are even out, so if you don't mind waiting then just wait.
VaultBoy101
(04-19-2017, 04:45 PM)
Played through Late Shift three times last night. Yes it's pretty shallow and has some issues with writing and acting, but it's fun to finally have a game where choices really do matter and create branching story paths. It makes me quite optimistic about the possibilities of this kind of storytelling. Had a few "Holy shit how many different ways did they film this scene?" moments by the time I was on my third go-around.

Edit: to be fair, there were also several Telltale-style "oh, the destination is the same regardless of the path I choose" moments as well.
Last edited by VaultBoy101; 04-19-2017 at 04:56 PM.
compo
(04-19-2017, 06:46 PM)

Originally Posted by VaultBoy101

Played through Late Shift three times last night.

Jeeze, is the game like 40 minutes long or something? You could beat it in the 2 hour window for refunds.
Last edited by compo; 04-19-2017 at 06:53 PM.
VaultBoy101
(04-19-2017, 07:30 PM)

Originally Posted by compo

Jeeze, is the game like 40 minutes long or something? You could beat it in the 2 hour window for refunds.

It's about an hour but designed with multiple playthroughs in mind (there are 7 different endings). Honestly, it's not really worth buying if you only plan to run through it one time. That would defeat the purpose, and the story and acting alone certainly aren't enough to recommend it.
Vert boil
(04-20-2017, 08:00 AM)
Released today,

ACA NeoGeo: Fatal Fury 2 - 8$, 297MB.

ACA NeoGeo: Over Top - 8$, 214MB.

Halo Wars 1 Definitive Edition - 20$, 9.5GB.

New DLC,

Pure Hold'em
--100% Hemp Card Deck - 2$

Last edited by Vert boil; 04-20-2017 at 06:27 PM.
ResidentDante
(04-20-2017, 08:14 AM)

Originally Posted by Vert boil

Released today,

ACA NeoGeo: Fatal Fury 2 - 8$, 297MB.

ACA NeoGeo: Over Top - 8$, 214MB.

Halo Wars 1 Definitive Edition should be available at some point today.
(Should show up here or possibly here.)

How are these NeoGeo ports? I've heard varying impressions. I'm really interested in Over Top (here's hoping they convert DriftOut too, looks like an awesome NeoGeo rally game).

Really interested in opinions if somebody has bought Over Top!
Daigoro
(04-20-2017, 08:54 AM)

Originally Posted by ResidentDante

How are these NeoGeo ports? I've heard varying impressions. I'm really interested in Over Top (here's hoping they convert DriftOut too, looks like an awesome NeoGeo rally game).

theyre all pretty buggy apparently. poor emulation. i blieve they all have weird slowdown and sound issues.

i only bought Neo TurfMasters and it had the same issues.
Fortinbras
(04-20-2017, 09:42 AM)

Originally Posted by ResidentDante

They're shit. Unfortunately.

If you want to buy these you should buy the PS4 or Switch versions because they're much better.

However I'm starting to think this could be a dashboard/OS problem because the Disney Collection has the exact same issues and again, only on Xbox:

Random stutter and sound dropping out completely. I'm not talking about the NES slowdowns which are recreated in this collection, I'm talking about additional slowdowns.

It's not as bad as in the ACA games but it's still annoying.

There have been dashboard updates that caused performance problems in games in the past.
eastx
(04-20-2017, 11:58 AM)

Originally Posted by Fortinbras

However I'm starting to think this could be a dashboard/OS problem because the Disney Collection has the exact same issues and again, only on Xbox:

Random stutter and sound dropping out completely. I'm not talking about the NES slowdowns which are recreated in this collection, I'm talking about additional slowdowns.

I haven't had one issue with the Disney Afternoon Collection, but I've only played it a couple of hours so far.

Thanks for reading my Guardians review! :)
Vert boil
(04-20-2017, 06:27 PM)
Halo Wars 1 Definitive edition is up now. ^^^^
backflip10019
(04-21-2017, 02:26 AM)
UGH I can't download updates anymore. If just fails every time and won't restart until I unplug my HDD. That means I can't even go online anymore unless I factory reset and download the update without the HDD attached. Fucking infuriating.

Anyone know of any fixes that don't include factory resetting?
Last edited by backflip10019; 04-21-2017 at 02:32 AM.
Vert boil
(04-21-2017, 07:53 AM)
Released today,

Deformers - 30$, 5.5GB.
--Strands (10 for 3$ up to 100 for 20$)

Race the Sun - 10$, 328MB.

'n Verlore Verstand - 15$, 2.22GB.

New Pre-Order,

Save the Ninja Clan - 3$
(Trial available. 30 mins, unlocks achievements.)
Last edited by Vert boil; 04-21-2017 at 05:25 PM.
U2NUMB
(04-21-2017, 01:05 PM)
Cities Skylines is also out today..

Skylines Xbox One Edition
Agent Icebeezy
Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
(04-21-2017, 01:28 PM)

Originally Posted by U2NUMB

Awesome sauce.
eastx
(04-21-2017, 10:34 PM)
Here's my Voodoo Vince Remastered review. A special game for a number of reasons, and Xbox Play Anywhere to boot.

Voodoo Vince Remastered Review [Windows Central]
TheGreenArrow
(04-21-2017, 11:58 PM)
Friday the 13th releasing digitally on may 26th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MQFpcWfc9c
Last edited by TheGreenArrow; 04-22-2017 at 12:07 AM.
Brakara
(04-22-2017, 07:47 AM)

How does this play with a controller?
Vert boil
(04-22-2017, 08:12 AM)
New Pre-Order,

World to the West - 25$
ResidentDante
(04-22-2017, 09:05 AM)

Originally Posted by Fortinbras

They're shit. Unfortunately.

If you want to buy these you should buy the PS4 or Switch versions because they're much better.

It's not as bad as in the ACA games but it's still annoying.

There have been dashboard updates that caused performance problems in games in the past.

Thanks for the heads up!
LandStalker
(04-22-2017, 01:46 PM)
Could someone list all downloadable exclusives for Xbox one? Including ports that have exclusive features like Shovel Knight?
Montresor
(04-22-2017, 07:29 PM)

I'm a bit late for you (since the game is no longer on sale).

But I think the game is a masterpiece.

It is one of the most visually pleasing games I've ever seen. It has an incredible atmosphere, and a staggering variety of bright and colourful environments and wildlife.

Everything in this game looks amazing, whether it's the colourful fish, the splishsplash of the water under a waterfall, the clouds and sky above the surface of the water, or some of the more dark and desolate environments in the big deep blue of the ocean. The graphics and art style in the game are so well polished. Feels like they take Virginia + The Witness visuals and made an underwater exploration game out of it. Only issue is that in some cases, when there are too many fish and other underwater wildlife on screen, the frame rate takes a dive. Not a big deal at all for me though.

I'm floored by Abzu. It was a bit boring initially but I've found that it's incredibly relaxing, and so visually breathtaking that I find myself unable to stop playing this afternoon. I have to keep going, to see the next beautiful setpiece.

I'm giving it a 5/5.
U2NUMB
(04-22-2017, 11:09 PM)

Originally Posted by Brakara

How does this play with a controller?

Really good.... Certainly not as quick as I can edit and work on my PC but it works great for what it is. Gonna enjoy firing this up and slowly working on my city but PC is where you should do any serious city building for sure.

But I certainly do not regret my X1 purchase... its super fun.
tuna_love
(04-23-2017, 01:03 AM)

Originally Posted by LandStalker

Could someone list all downloadable exclusives for Xbox one? Including ports that have exclusive features like Shovel Knight?

im positive someone could do that
Vert boil
(04-25-2017, 08:22 AM)
Released today,

Outlast 2 - 30$, 18.73GB.

New DLC,

The Walking Dead: A New Frontier
--Episode 4 - 5$

Zheros
--The Forgotten Land - 5$

New Pre-Orders,

Human Fall Flat - 15$ (will rise to 25$)
(includes a copy of Manual Samuel)

Micro Machines World Series - 30$
Last edited by Vert boil; 04-25-2017 at 03:35 PM.
statham
Banned
(04-26-2017, 04:18 AM)
Zheros

really? I hope they improved/fixed on alot of issues then.
Vert boil
(04-26-2017, 08:01 AM)
New Pre-Order,

Lethal League - 15$
scarface983
(04-26-2017, 10:28 AM)

Originally Posted by statham

Zheros

really? I hope they improved/fixed on alot of issues then.

lol... they should have made it free, for making us suffering through that game play at the beginning. I know they have updated it, but it was horrible when it came out.
BananasWithGuns
(04-26-2017, 10:37 AM)
Shame about no discount on Lethal League. Probably still going to grab it though, it looks like a blast.
eastx
(04-26-2017, 11:57 PM)
Here's my review of Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap - only the second game I've given a 5/5. Please check it out

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap review at Windows Central.

Vert boil
(04-27-2017, 08:00 AM)
Released today,

ACA NeoGeo: Alpha Mission II - 8$, 192MB.
Montresor
(04-27-2017, 10:50 PM)

Originally Posted by eastx

Here's my review of Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap - only the second game I've given a 5/5. Please check it out

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap review at Windows Central.

I'll read this review later tonight bruv. Can you let me know the other game you've given 5/5?

I think I'm too generous. I've given loads of XB1 games 5/5 heheheh.
Vert boil
(04-28-2017, 08:16 AM)
Released today,

Little Nightmares - 20$, 108MB.

Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom - 9$ (will rise to 10$), 675MB.
(Trial available. No time limit, unlocks achievements.)

New Pre-Order,

Elliot Quest - 15$
Last edited by Vert boil; 04-28-2017 at 11:11 AM.
U2NUMB
(04-28-2017, 05:24 PM)
I pick up my physical Little Nightmares from BB later today.. super excited.
Banjo-Kazooie
(04-28-2017, 06:44 PM)

I pick up my physical Little Nightmares from BB later today.. super excited.

Mine shipped from Amazon, I got the more expensive one that had a figure, which still came out to almost regular price of game itself after Amazon 20% preorder off