• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

camo
(04-21-2017, 02:04 PM)

Originally Posted by Kresnik258

Shopto; Limitedrungames; PlayStation Store and Play-Asia :P

I'll occasionally pick up something from Grainger Games or CEX if they have something in stock I really really want.

Thanks. I actually bought a copy of Touch My Katamari for 8 in Grainger games the other day!
Kresnik258
(04-21-2017, 06:08 PM)
https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/commen...rmware_update/

Someone on reddit reporting that the Jak Trilogy runs a little better on the latest firmware. That's... bizarre. Although I'm informed that FW updates do sometimes do that.

First it fixes N.O.V.A then improves the performance of Jak Trilogy... best update in years?
Nachtfalke
(04-21-2017, 06:45 PM)

Someone on reddit reporting that the Jak Trilogy runs a little better on the latest firmware. That's... bizarre. Although I'm informed that FW updates do sometimes do that.

First it fixes N.O.V.A then improves the performance of Jak Trilogy... best update in years?

Huh. I would call it a placebo effect, because postings like this appear on different accasions and most of the time they are false. But hey, it's worth checking out. I'd love to play the Jak & Daxter games on my Vita, but the current state is just terrible. I'll take any improvement I can get.
Ruud_Luiten
(04-21-2017, 08:06 PM)

What did it fix for NOVA?
Shinriji
(04-21-2017, 08:16 PM)

I felt that moving around in the UI and open games is quite faster.

Didn't find any improvements in games, though.
Kresnik258
(04-21-2017, 09:04 PM)

Originally Posted by Ruud_Luiten

What did it fix for NOVA?

As in they fixed it in general. It wouldn't work on Vita on FW 3.6.4 and it works again now.

Originally Posted by Nachtfalke

Huh. I would call it a placebo effect, because postings like this appear on different accasions and most of the time they are false. But hey, it's worth checking out. I'd love to play the Jak & Daxter games on my Vita, but the current state is just terrible. I'll take any improvement I can get.

Originally Posted by Shinriji

I felt that moving around in the UI and open games is quite faster.

Didn't find any improvements in games, though.

So I tried out Jak 1 and a little bit of Jak 3 and you know what... the menu improvement is legit. Like they're no longer laggy and are actually responsive now, that has 100% definitely changed.

Didn't notice any changes in-game myself though, ditto.
Tohsaka
(04-21-2017, 11:01 PM)

Originally Posted by camo

Hey Vita peeps.

I've recently returned to my Vita after not fully getting onboard with the Switch. The Switch screen (I got) was too yellow an it upscaled horribly on my 4K Bravia, so it went straight back to Amazon.

I've had a look in my local game, cex and cash converters and the options are quiet limited/bloody expensive! Although I did luck out on finding a mint (but no box) OG Vita for 80 with three games and...get this...four 16gb memory cards! The sales assistant even commented that 'it's a great buy, because those cards must be worth at least a fiver each.'

Where do you guys get your games from?

Amazon, or Amazon Japan/Amiami/Play-Asia for imports.
Kresnik258
(Yesterday, 12:41 AM)
Gentle reminder that The Deer God is out this week on Vita.

The devs said that this would be "the first of many PS Vita games to come from Blowfish"

I'm assuming that's contingent on this one actually selling, so make sure you go out and buy it if you're interested, or want games like Morphite to come to Vita in future (which I think looks great).
mellan_Konsten
(Yesterday, 08:28 AM)

Originally Posted by Aokage

Caligula was more than decent. I'm glad to see it get an English release.

Scarlet Grace localization...I suspect it'll happen, but probably not until it's ported to more...viable platforms.

I love your optimism! :D
Kresnik258
(Yesterday, 01:28 PM)

Originally Posted by mellan_Konsten

I love your optimism! :D

I think it's reasonable to expect a localization of Scarlet Grace, Kawazu clearly wants it and I doubt Square would skip a moderately budgeted JRPG like this in the west, even if it just has niche appeal.

But I wouldn't expect it to appear on Vita in the west sadly. Mobile and/or Switch seems more likely.

edit: I finished my latest review of Attack on Titan for Vita, if anyone's interested. Solid game with a few unfortunate technical problems. Very faithful to the anime/manga too:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.c...reedom-review/
Last edited by Kresnik258; Yesterday at 11:04 PM.