• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Jawmuncher
(04-13-2017, 07:07 PM)
Jawmuncher's Avatar

Originally Posted by Evolved1

Yo finally played some (a significant chunk of) RE7 after buying it at launch.

I hate it. A lot.

So that's great. Completely excited for the future of RE now. So excited.

When you beat it, you should make a thread on what you dislike. I'm sure it'll end up being similar to my feelings.
While I don't necessarily hate it, there are flaws that stick out to me, which are hard to ignore when the game is praised so highly.
Evolved1
make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
(04-13-2017, 07:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Jawmuncher

When you beat it, you should make a thread on what you dislike. I'm sure it'll end up being similar to my feelings.
While I don't necessarily hate it, there are flaws that stick out to me, which are hard to ignore when the game is praised so highly.

My posts generally don't land well. But if I actually finish it, I'll probably give some brief final thoughts.

There are a few elements I do like, of course. But basically it doesn't feel like an RE game to me. "RE is back, Return to form, etc" and I really don't get it.
Jawmuncher
(04-14-2017, 04:37 PM)
Jawmuncher's Avatar
Ethan was a system engineer before RE7.
I doubt he has any ties now to the Ethan W. in RE5. If you're classified dead anyway, why would you keep the same name?
strafer
member
(04-15-2017, 11:27 AM)
strafer's Avatar
I really wanna see Vendetta to wash off the bad taste that was the final live action RE movie.
finley83
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:12 PM)
finley83's Avatar
Did anyone hear anything more about that new CVX port? Wondering how likely it is to come to PC. I'm considering finally playing through the whole thing after exams this summer and have a choice of PS3 version or GC via Dolphin, but if there's a chance of a PC version this year I might hold off!
Jawmuncher
(04-21-2017, 02:17 PM)
Jawmuncher's Avatar

Originally Posted by finley83

Did anyone hear anything more about that new CVX port? Wondering how likely it is to come to PC. I'm considering finally playing through the whole thing after exams this summer and have a choice of PS3 version or GC via Dolphin, but if there's a chance of a PC version this year I might hold off!

No word. It might be a bit more than a simple port. Might actually be more akin to the REmake or 0 HD it seems. So perhaps new modes and touch ups to the graphics.
finley83
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:20 PM)
finley83's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jawmuncher

No word. It might be a bit more than a simple port. Might actually be more akin to the REmake or 0 HD it seems. So perhaps new modes and touch ups to the graphics.

Thanks - of all the classic REs it's certainly the one that would benefit most from some touching up. Part of the reason I never got more than a few hours in is just how rough most of the texture work is these days, even with the HD lighting effects I still feel RE2 and 3 dated far better.
Lord Frieza
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:19 PM)
Lord Frieza's Avatar
New CVX port?
Jawmuncher
(04-21-2017, 05:47 PM)
Jawmuncher's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lord Frieza

New CVX port?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1354472
Lord Frieza
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:46 PM)
Lord Frieza's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jawmuncher

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1354472

I knew about the Revelations port, but not that one. Second to worse RE ever, but I would probably rebuy it because I'm stupid.
Dusk Golem
A 21st Century Rockefeller
(04-22-2017, 11:27 PM)
Dusk Golem's Avatar
I think it's likely it's being done in the style of Zero HD/REmake HD in that it's a bigger effort remaster rather than just a port of the PS3 port. It's been almost a year and a half since Zero HD, Zero HD was announced around E3 time and I could see this Code Veronica port being handled in a similar way, plus with Code Veronica already ported to MT Frameworks and the whole game being in 3D they could probably update the various models in the game or make some additions ala Zero HD.

It's to be seen, but I have the suspicion we're liking at Resident Evil: Code Veronica HD Remaster, which is why it wasn't announced with Revelations 1 on PS4.
Lord Frieza
Member
(04-23-2017, 01:02 AM)
Lord Frieza's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dusk Golem

I think it's likely it's being done in the style of Zero HD/REmake HD in that it's a bigger effort remaster rather than just a port of the PS3 port. It's been almost a year and a half since Zero HD, Zero HD was announced around E3 time and I could see this Code Veronica port being handled in a similar way, plus with Code Veronica already ported to MT Frameworks and the whole game being in 3D they could probably update the various models in the game or make some additions ala Zero HD.

It's to be seen, but I have the suspicion we're liking at Resident Evil: Code Veronica HD Remaster, which is why it wasn't announced with Revelations 1 on PS4.

It's already in HD though so what would really be the point?
Jawmuncher
(04-23-2017, 01:15 AM)
Jawmuncher's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lord Frieza

It's already in HD though so what would really be the point?

It's "HD" but the game is fucking UGLY
Dusk Golem
A 21st Century Rockefeller
(04-23-2017, 07:25 AM)
Dusk Golem's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lord Frieza

It's already in HD though so what would really be the point?

Originally Posted by Jawmuncher

It's "HD" but the game is fucking UGLY

That and there's a variety of small changes that could aid it a lot, but I guess we'll see what they're up to whenever they reveal it.
Alpha Phoenix
Member
(04-24-2017, 06:24 PM)
Alpha Phoenix's Avatar
Do we know when Vendetta takes place in the timeline? Is it before or after RE6?
Lord Frieza
Member
(04-24-2017, 06:31 PM)
Lord Frieza's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alpha Phoenix

Do we know when Vendetta takes place in the timeline? Is it before or after RE6?

After 6, before 7
Jawmuncher
(04-24-2017, 06:46 PM)
Jawmuncher's Avatar
Chris leaked for MVCI, no pics yet though
BadWolf
Member
(04-24-2017, 06:49 PM)
BadWolf's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jawmuncher

Chris leaked for MVCI, no pics yet though

Here's hoping there is also someone in there from RE that hasn't been in MVC yet.
Mr_Zombie
Member
(04-24-2017, 07:50 PM)
Mr_Zombie's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jawmuncher

Chris leaked for MVCI, no pics yet though

The important question is, what version of Chris? Will Capcom continue to promote his RE5/6/Rev era image, or the RE7 image.
Mr_Zombie
Member
(04-24-2017, 07:52 PM)
Mr_Zombie's Avatar

Originally Posted by BadWolf

Here's hoping there is also someone in there from RE that hasn't been in MVC yet.

Dunno, aside from monsters, the only two characters with unique moveset I can think of would be Ada (grappling gun) and Jake. Everyone else is just a varuation of dude/girl with guns.
Golnei
Member
(04-24-2017, 08:02 PM)
Golnei's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mr_Zombie

Dunno, aside from monsters, the only two characters with unique moveset I can think of would be Ada (grappling gun) and Jake. Everyone else is just a varuation of dude/girl with guns.

It doesn't have to be that much of a limitation - Jill's MvC2 and 3 movesets were very different despite retaining that similar factor, but I can see how the broad similarity could be unappealing, especially with so many other properties to cover.

As for more unique RE characters, Krauser would never be considered, but his bow and mutant arm could lend itself to a good moveset. Birkin could also be pretty unique, representing both human and monster characteristics, as well as tying into the upcoming remake.
Mr_Zombie
Member
(Yesterday, 09:03 AM)
Mr_Zombie's Avatar
I forgot about Krauser, he would also be unique enough character to play differently from Chris. And I would love to see Birkin, especially if he could mutate into various forms during the battle; with the tentacle blob-form as his super move :D
Razgriz-Specter
Member
(Yesterday, 11:27 AM)
Razgriz-Specter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jawmuncher

Chris leaked for MVCI, no pics yet though

Oh my god!

Chris guarantees a purchase from me.
strafer
member
(Yesterday, 12:37 PM)
strafer's Avatar
DLC delayed so they can fix chris face maybe?
Razgriz-Specter
Member
(Yesterday, 04:25 PM)
Razgriz-Specter's Avatar

Originally Posted by strafer

DLC delayed so they can fix chris face maybe?

Was my first wishful thought
Last edited by Razgriz-Specter; Yesterday at 04:39 PM.
Jawmuncher
(Yesterday, 04:27 PM)
Jawmuncher's Avatar
RE5 chris so you know wesker won't be far behind

Mr_Zombie
Member
(Yesterday, 04:51 PM)
Mr_Zombie's Avatar
I'm glad that it's the RE5 Chris but... ewww, he looks ugly there. There's something weird going on with his face, and his arms seem to be even bigger than they were in RE5.
Jawmuncher
(Yesterday, 05:06 PM)
Jawmuncher's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mr_Zombie

I'm glad that it's the RE5 Chris but... ewww, he looks ugly there. There's something weird going on with his face, and his arms seem to be even bigger than they were in RE5.

To be fair, everyone is looking kinda odd outside like iron man
BTails
Member
(Yesterday, 05:13 PM)
BTails's Avatar
It looks like they took RE5 Chris, increased his muscles even more, then replaced his face with the one from that last CG movie.
Razgriz-Specter
Member
(Yesterday, 05:26 PM)
Razgriz-Specter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mr_Zombie

I'm glad that it's the RE5 Chris but... ewww, he looks ugly there. There's something weird going on with his face, and his arms seem to be even bigger than they were in RE5.

Just looks off without the filter.
Golnei
Member
(Yesterday, 05:42 PM)
Golnei's Avatar

Originally Posted by BTails

It looks like they took RE5 Chris, increased his muscles even more, then replaced his face with the one from that last CG movie.

Perhaps it was done out of spite? If you won't shut up about the new Chris design, we'll give you the ugliest rendition of the 5 one possible?
Alpha Phoenix
Member
(Yesterday, 08:01 PM)
Alpha Phoenix's Avatar
I just finished RE6 for the first time today. Super late to the party. Aside from the fact that it is not a horror game by any stretch of the word, it was, IMHO, an awesome action game.

I also really liked Piers and was genuinely sad to see him go :(
CrimsonCrescendo
Member
(Yesterday, 09:09 PM)
CrimsonCrescendo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jawmuncher

RE5 chris so you know wesker won't be far behind

Chris is starting to look like a Gears of War character:


Mr. Smiley
Member
(Yesterday, 09:24 PM)
Mr. Smiley's Avatar
Feel like RE7 Chris will be the first dlc costume.
Golnei
Member
(Yesterday, 09:27 PM)
Golnei's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley

Feel like RE7 Chris will be the first dlc costume.

Feels like a waste when he has so many other options, but the idea of them trying to reconcile the the 7 design with the Infinite model is morbidly fascinating. (Assuming they try and adapt more than just the costume, like with the retro Spencer alt.
Mr. Smiley
Member
(Yesterday, 09:50 PM)
Mr. Smiley's Avatar
Yeah he has way more, better, options but with how beloved RE7 is right now with general audiences, I wouldn't put it past them.
Jawmuncher
(Yesterday, 10:13 PM)
Jawmuncher's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley

Yeah he has way more, better, options but with how beloved RE7 is right now with general audiences, I wouldn't put it past them.

RE7 is widely loved. RE7 chris is not. So unless there's a RE7 character in the game. I fo Yeah of see them not bothering.
Mr. Smiley
Member
(Yesterday, 10:21 PM)
Mr. Smiley's Avatar
Good point.
Mr_Zombie
Member
(Yesterday, 10:23 PM)
Mr_Zombie's Avatar

Originally Posted by BTails

It looks like they took RE5 Chris, increased his muscles even more, then replaced his face with the one from that last CG movie.

Nah, the Vendetta Chris is somewhere between passable and good; he just have weird nose and hair. This one looks like a parody of RE5 Chris. :/

But I'll wait with the final judgement until I see him in action.
Golnei
Member
(Yesterday, 10:36 PM)
Golnei's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mr_Zombie

Nah, the Vendetta Chris is somewhere between passable and good; he just have weird nose and hair. This one looks like a parody of RE5 Chris. :/

But I'll wait with the final judgement until I see him in action.

The basic proportions were fine in comparison, but I can never defend the face they used for Vendetta.

Some level of exaggeration was to be expected for MvC, but while the MvC3 model looked okay, if not particularly good (the arms in particular showed up much better on the heavily shadowed 2D art than the ingame model); the Infinite one appears comically off in both its proportions, facial features and general style.

Like, this doesn't look great. But it's a reasonable stylisation of the RE5 design in a more comic-inspired aesthetic, instead of a Liefieldian monstrosity.
Village
Member
(Yesterday, 10:40 PM)
Village's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley

Yeah he has way more, better, options but with how beloved RE7 is right now with general audiences, I wouldn't put it past them.

He is?
Jawmuncher
(Yesterday, 10:58 PM)
Jawmuncher's Avatar

Originally Posted by Golnei

The basic proportions were fine in comparison, but I can never defend the face they used for Vendetta.

Some level of exaggeration was to be expected for MvC, but while the MvC3 model looked okay, if not particularly good (the arms in particular showed up much better on the heavily shadowed 2D art than the ingame model); the Infinite one appears comically off in both its proportions, facial features and general style.



Like, this doesn't look great. But it's a reasonable stylisation of the RE5 design in a more comic-inspired aesthetic, instead of a Liefieldian monstrosity.

I think a big issue is how they're reusing MVC4 assets. So you're getting stuck with these odd half-measures with the switch in style. Captain america had the same issue of big body and small head.
Jawmuncher
(Today, 01:32 AM)
Jawmuncher's Avatar
Looks like RCS is back to voice chris in MVC:I, which makes him being ditched for RE7 and Vendetta even more odd. Guessing it was either capcom not wanting to get him for those two projects, or they're just reusing MVC3 VA and it's easier to just pay him again than rerecord new stuff.

Originally Posted by Neoxon

X-Men & Fantastic Four characters. So yes, Wolverine is a Fox character.

Also, Roger Craig Smith is the voice of Chris in MvCI. Look who liked the tweet.

strafer
member
(Today, 01:46 AM)
strafer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jawmuncher

Looks like RCS is back to voice chris in MVC:I, which makes him being ditched for RE7 and Vendetta even more odd. Guessing it was either capcom not wanting to get him for those two projects, or they're just reusing MVC3 VA and it's easier to just pay him again than rerecord new stuff.

There is a god.
Razgriz-Specter
Member
(Today, 03:59 AM)
Razgriz-Specter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jawmuncher

Looks like RCS is back to voice chris in MVC:I, which makes him being ditched for RE7 and Vendetta even more odd. Guessing it was either capcom not wanting to get him for those two projects, or they're just reusing MVC3 VA and it's easier to just pay him again than rerecord new stuff.

Originally Posted by strafer

There is a god.

So good,

though would have been hilarious if he voiced Captain America(he is the current cartoon VA) as well.
Akiller
Member
(Today, 01:17 PM)
Akiller's Avatar
New Vendetta clip: https://twitter.com/SkyRALU/status/856826304775176192

This is good.
strafer
member
(Today, 01:27 PM)
strafer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Akiller

New Vendetta clip: https://twitter.com/SkyRALU/status/856826304775176192

This is good.

Leon Wick
Lord Frieza
Member
(Today, 04:29 PM)
Lord Frieza's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jawmuncher

Looks like RCS is back to voice chris in MVC:I, which makes him being ditched for RE7 and Vendetta even more odd. Guessing it was either capcom not wanting to get him for those two projects, or they're just reusing MVC3 VA and it's easier to just pay him again than rerecord new stuff.

Or Capcom is going for the long con and that Chris from 7 really isn't Chris, and they just don't want you to realize it yet. That's becoming less likely, but that happened kind of recently in another game, so I am wondering.
zeemumu
Member
(Today, 04:39 PM)
zeemumu's Avatar
I wonder how a Dead Rising Resident Evil crossover would work.
Lord Frieza
Member
(Today, 05:35 PM)
Lord Frieza's Avatar

Originally Posted by zeemumu

I wonder how a Dead Rising Resident Evil crossover would work.

By sucking, probably. I don't see those two jiving too well

Thread Tools