• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Brew124
Member
(10-06-2016, 03:38 AM)
Brew124's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rogas

10 hours but impressions say its the best one yet.

This is taking in to account that the game is played on Hardcore difficulty. Normal difficulty will be completed much quicker.
Xumbrega
Member
(10-06-2016, 03:39 AM)
Xumbrega's Avatar
Amazing OT, can't wait to play some Gears again.
Mihael Mello Keehl
(10-06-2016, 03:41 AM)
Mihael Mello Keehl's Avatar

Originally Posted by Brew124

This is taking in to account that the game is played on Hardcore difficulty. Normal difficulty will be completed much quicker.

Why would anyone play gears on normal? Thats like easy mode.
Brew124
Member
(10-06-2016, 03:42 AM)
Brew124's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mihael Mello Keehl

Why would anyone play gears on normal? Thats like easy mode.

Just pointing that out for anyone interested. I agree that Hardcore is the way to play.
Karak
Member
(10-06-2016, 03:48 AM)
Karak's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mihael Mello Keehl

Why would anyone play gears on normal? Thats like easy mode.

The fact is people are literally buying consoles and PC's every day. And sometimes a game like Gears might have caused them to be interested. They don't have the skills to jump into a higher difficulty.
Stat Flow
He gonna cry in the car
(10-06-2016, 03:49 AM)
Stat Flow's Avatar
BEST MULTIPLAYER GAME OF ALL TIME IS BACK

This will literally be the only reason I have an Xbox One.

THANK YOU BASED ROD
Grisby
Member
(10-06-2016, 03:49 AM)
Grisby's Avatar
Just got back from Blaire Witch. This thread is the best thing I've seen all day. So exicited.

Don't screw this up hurricane Matthew.
CrichtonKicks
Member
(10-06-2016, 03:50 AM)
CrichtonKicks's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bsigg12

Contact customer support and cancel your order and then order the ultimate edition.

I wonder when they'll add the ability to easily upgrade if you want.

Yeah, I did this tonight. Very painless.
TKR92
Member
(10-06-2016, 04:16 AM)
TKR92's Avatar
The UE is ready.

One more day!!
Nori Chan
Member
(10-06-2016, 04:24 AM)
Nori Chan's Avatar
So came back from the Gears 4 launch event and it was amazing! Almost 100 people in a packed building with star power up the wazoo. I arrived a little "early" late at around 2ish while the doors open at around 230. They let an x amount of people in and I wasn't a part of it. They told us that they wouldn't guarantee a spot for us, but we were more than welcome to wait if we wanted to. Half of the people in front of me left, but I was like "fuck it" might as well wait. Like 10 minutes later they let us through, but we were awaited by another line. Maybe an 40 min later they offered to let us in and I got to see all the celebs, gear, and bright lights you guys saw on the stream.



Liam, Eugene, and Laura (secret waifu btw) were all great, polite, and legitimately happy to be there and be a part of this franchise now. Hopefully they are a part of the future as well

Can't believe they gave out the UE of Gears 4 for free :D #INRODWETRUST
AliceInJam
Junior Member
(10-06-2016, 04:28 AM)
AliceInJam's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nori Chan

So came back from the Gears 4 launch event and it was amazing! Almost 100 people in a packed building with star power up the wazoo. I arrived a little "early" late at around 2ish while the doors open at around 230. They let an x amount of people in and I wasn't a part of it. They told us that they wouldn't guarantee a spot for us, but we were more than welcome to wait if we wanted to. Half of the people in front of me left, but I was like "fuck it" might as well wait. Like 10 minutes later they let us through, but we were awaited by another line. Maybe an 40 min later they offered to let us in and I got to see all the celebs, gear, and bright lights you guys saw on the stream.



Liam, Eugene, and Laura (secret waifu btw) were all great, polite, and legitimately happy to be there and be a part of this franchise now. Hopefully they are a part of the future as well



Can't believe they gave out the UE of Gears 4 for free :D #INRODWETRUST

Holy hell, so jealous. Thanks for sharing, looks like it was an amazing time!
panama chief
Member
(10-06-2016, 04:34 AM)
panama chief's Avatar
Hyyyyyype. Fuck man it's finally here. Bought an S, a ks8000, and a denon s720w just for this game. Friday my house will be rockin.
Camp1nCarl
Member
(10-06-2016, 04:35 AM)
Camp1nCarl's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nori Chan

snip

Damn son, I'm jealous! Looks like you had an awesome time.

Deciding whether to cancel my regular edition and pre-order the UE from Best Buy to pick it up tomorrow night. They already shipped the free mugs so after contacting support I would be charged for them so I'd have to return them even though I'll be receiving another batch from the UE pre-order lol.
GTSweet
Junior Member
(10-06-2016, 04:37 AM)
GTSweet's Avatar
Awesome OT. Let's Go!
Fotos
Member
(10-06-2016, 04:38 AM)
Fotos's Avatar
Only 8 more hours... Can't wait!
GeoNeo
I disagree.
(10-06-2016, 04:40 AM)
GeoNeo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nori Chan

So came back from the Gears 4 launch event and it was amazing! Almost 100 people in a packed building with star power up the wazoo. I arrived a little "early" late at around 2ish while the doors open at around 230. They let an x amount of people in and I wasn't a part of it. They told us that they wouldn't guarantee a spot for us, but we were more than welcome to wait if we wanted to. Half of the people in front of me left, but I was like "fuck it" might as well wait. Like 10 minutes later they let us through, but we were awaited by another line. Maybe an 40 min later they offered to let us in and I got to see all the celebs, gear, and bright lights you guys saw on the stream.

Liam, Eugene, and Laura (secret waifu btw) were all great, polite, and legitimately happy to be there and be a part of this franchise now. Hopefully they are a part of the future as well

Can't believe they gave out the UE of Gears 4 for free :D #INRODWETRUST

That is freaking awesome!

Also, I don't know who you are out of the three people in the photo but all good looking so #DatPrettyLife 😁
Fahzgoolin
Member
(10-06-2016, 04:41 AM)
Fahzgoolin's Avatar
man... no multiplayer cross play with a controller only option just really upsets me. I'm glad I get to play horde with my console owning buddies, but Warzone was our shit back in the day... =(
jadedm17
Member
(10-06-2016, 04:43 AM)
jadedm17's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nori Chan

So came back from the Gears 4 launch

Amazing, thanks for sharing.
Damn I want that shirt.
GeoNeo
I disagree.
(10-06-2016, 04:43 AM)
GeoNeo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fahzgoolin

man... no multiplayer cross play with a controller only option just really upsets me. I'm glad I get to play horde with my console owning buddies, but Warzone was our shit back in the day... =(

No way to lock it down that is why. You can easily "trick" any game into thinking you're using a pad when infact you're using K&M.

Though, I think it should be allowed in "friendly" mode where stats or whatever don't matter.
Fotos
Member
(10-06-2016, 04:43 AM)
Fotos's Avatar

Originally Posted by GeoNeo

That is freaking awesome!

Also, I don't know who you are out of the three people in the photo but all good looking so #DatPrettyLife 😁

I believe those are the voice actors for the 3 main characters JD, Kait, and Del.
Kurt Russell
Member
(10-06-2016, 04:45 AM)
Kurt Russell's Avatar

Originally Posted by TehGoomba

Oh yeah I see it here available on 07/10/2016 awesome. One more question, if I buy an XB1 code (off cdkeys), do I enter it into Xbox.com and it should show up in my library on PC? Or do I need an XB1 console to activate it for PC? Not done the play anywhere thing yet.

You don't need a console. The codes work on PC and Xbox One (as far as I know there are no specific codes)
Nori Chan
Member
(10-06-2016, 04:45 AM)
Nori Chan's Avatar

Originally Posted by GeoNeo

That is freaking awesome!

Also, I don't know who you are out of the three people in the photo but all good looking so #DatPrettyLife 😁

shiiiit that's JD, Kait, and Del :D

I was telling them that Laura had to be on Supergirl somehow seeing as how Liam (JD) was on the Flash and Eugene (Del) was on Arrow
Fahzgoolin
Member
(10-06-2016, 04:47 AM)
Fahzgoolin's Avatar

Originally Posted by GeoNeo

No way to lock it down that is why. You can easily "trick" any game into thinking you're using a pad when infact you're using K&M.

Though, I think it should be allowed in "friendly" mode where stats or whatever don't matter.

the thing is, you can do it on consoles too...it's just not as wide spread of an issue.

Damn it hurts =/
Thewonandonly
Junior Member
(10-06-2016, 04:47 AM)
Thewonandonly's Avatar
Damn does anyone know if I can order that run the jewels gears shirt or a sticker of that symbol becuase that's one of the coolest things I have seen in my life and might just get a tattoo of it :O. most likely not but it's still bad assssss
GeoNeo
I disagree.
(10-06-2016, 04:48 AM)
GeoNeo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fotos

I believe those are the voice actors for the 3 main characters JD, Kait, and Del.

Originally Posted by Nori Chan

shiiiit that's JD, Kait, and Del :D

I was telling them that Laura had to be on Supergirl somehow seeing as how Liam (JD) was on the Flash and Eugene (Del) was on Arrow

Oh shit haha my bad I first time seeing them. 😂

Thanks for sharing the photos and stuff that is awesome that they gave out cool stuff to fans. <3

Originally Posted by Fahzgoolin

the thing is, you can do it on consoles too...it's just not as wide spread of an issue.

Damn it hurts =/

I agree bro wish they could have handled it better, but maybe they can add in proper filtering in future patch that would be best option.
Goodacre0081
Member
(10-06-2016, 04:50 AM)
Goodacre0081's Avatar

Originally Posted by Grisby

Just got back from Blaire Witch. This thread is the best thing I've seen all day. So exicited.



Don't screw this up hurricane Matthew.

yup that pic reminded me of the old Gears2 Japan launch thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=368112
enemy2k
Member
(10-06-2016, 04:51 AM)
enemy2k's Avatar
Should I preorder from the Xbox store or Microsoft store? MS store has the ten dollar gift card, does the Xbox store have any exclusive bonuses?

Getting ultimate if that matters.
Coalition-PezRadar
Director of Community, The Coalition
(10-06-2016, 04:51 AM)
Coalition-PezRadar's Avatar
Love the OT!
Crooked16th
Member
(10-06-2016, 04:53 AM)
Crooked16th's Avatar
What time do the reviews go live?
bumpkin
Member
(10-06-2016, 04:54 AM)
bumpkin's Avatar
I was worried that Best Buy was going to screw up and I wouldn't get the game (Ultimate Edition) by Friday, so imagine my shock when I got home from work today and had a package.

I've played it for about two hours and the most accurate thing I can say about it is this; "Yep, it's Gears." I'm playing on Hardcore and have died at least half a dozen times, about a 50-50 on me being stupid and the game playing dirty. But all in all I'm enjoying it. I can't really talk specifics about what I like or dislike without spoiling anything, but I can say Gears fans won't be disappointed.
EightBitNate
Banned
(10-06-2016, 04:56 AM)

Originally Posted by Coalition-PezRadar

Love the OT!

Thanks a lot! Looking forward to what you've been cooking up these last couple years!

Originally Posted by Crooked16th

What time do the reviews go live?

Two hours from now, I believe.
Dusktildawn48
Member
(10-06-2016, 04:56 AM)
Dusktildawn48's Avatar
Can't wait to play this with my wife! Me on pc and her on xbone.
golem
Member
(10-06-2016, 04:56 AM)
golem's Avatar

Originally Posted by enemy2k

Should I preorder from the Xbox store or Microsoft store? MS store has the ten dollar gift card, does the Xbox store have any exclusive bonuses?

Getting ultimate if that matters.

$10 GC if you use Paypal on Xbox store. Also sign up for Xbox Live Rewards if you havent already

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/promotions...-paypal/terms/
Grisby
Member
(10-06-2016, 05:02 AM)
Grisby's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nori Chan

Liam, Eugene, and Laura (secret waifu btw) were all great, polite, and legitimately happy to be there and be a part of this franchise now. Hopefully they are a part of the future as well
Can't believe they gave out the UE of Gears 4 for free :D #INRODWETRUST

Legit jealous. Nice swag.

Did you talk with the VA at all about what the process was like? Laura's been in a lot of stuff.
dreamfall
Member
(10-06-2016, 05:04 AM)
dreamfall's Avatar
ALL IN ! Going to jump straight in multiplayer and just be in Gears bliss! So happy we are back - playing the Remaster until it hits!
Karak
Member
(10-06-2016, 05:07 AM)
Karak's Avatar
Glad to see voice actors being discussed. Love covering them in the reviews and they get mentioned so little these days.
Fotos
Member
(10-06-2016, 05:08 AM)
Fotos's Avatar

Originally Posted by Crooked16th

What time do the reviews go live?

Originally Posted by EightBitNate

Two hours from now, I believe.

I thought it was at 12:00 PST? I'm not 100% sure though. Great OT btw!
shanew21
Member
(10-06-2016, 05:10 AM)
shanew21's Avatar

Originally Posted by MrOogieBoogie

So those playing on PC, are you going mouse/keyboard or controller? I can't make up my mind. I usually go with mouse/keyboard for any shooter, but I'm so damn used to playing the Gears series with a controller.

I'm going to try the prologue with M+KB and switch if I feel like it. Forza I HAD to play with a controller. Gears I might still use a controller for old times sake.

Although I'll probably play it some on the XB1 because of HDR
Madness
Member
(10-06-2016, 05:11 AM)
Madness's Avatar
Still remember the Gears 2 and Gears 3 midnight launches like it was yesterday. Cannot wait for Gears 4. I have to wait for Amazon canada to ship it since I had it preordered over a year and half ago because of the E3 30% promotion. Going to suck missing launch. Love that the series is back. Coalition in my backyard as well. Great group of people. Hope it is a massive success.
EightBitNate
Banned
(10-06-2016, 05:12 AM)

Originally Posted by Fotos

I thought it was at 12:00 PST? I'm not 100% sure though. Great OT btw!

You're right, actually. I don't know why I thought it was 12am already.
Fahzgoolin
Member
(10-06-2016, 05:13 AM)
Fahzgoolin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Karak

Glad to see voice actors being discussed. Love covering them in the reviews and they get mentioned so little these days.

Looking forward to your review buddy. Thanks for bringing such high quality content. Kicks so much ass. I probably say it too much everytime you are in a thread, but games are a massive passion so I deeply appreciate the work, time, care, and thought that is put into your channel.

Love and Respect
BizzyBum
Member
(10-06-2016, 05:14 AM)
BizzyBum's Avatar
If I bought the standard edition on the Windows store can I upgrade to the Ultimate edition or would I have to pay the full $99?
Courage
Member
(10-06-2016, 05:15 AM)
Courage's Avatar
Pretty pumped for this, I was impressed by the beta, since it seemed like a more refined, faster paced Gears 3, and the changes to Horde seem refreshing without altering how it fundamentally plays; hopefully a solid campaign ties it together and I expect Coalition to comfortably take up the mantle of the series.
bbd23
Member
(10-06-2016, 05:16 AM)
bbd23's Avatar
man, I can't seem to get a legit gears code so im going to have to wait for a sale on the windows store...hopefully around black friday in murica. damn canadian dollar.

Game looks great though. this is going to be my first gears game when I eventually get it. hope I can still enjoy the story
Fahzgoolin
Member
(10-06-2016, 05:18 AM)
Fahzgoolin's Avatar

Originally Posted by bbd23

hope I can still enjoy the story

oh you will. This is the best new Gears to jump into as well. It's a fresh slate essentially
golem
Member
(10-06-2016, 05:19 AM)
golem's Avatar

Originally Posted by BizzyBum

If I bought the standard edition on the Windows store can I upgrade to the Ultimate edition or would I have to pay the full $99?

Website chat with Microsoft support, they will need to refund your preorder in order to purchase the ultimate
Glassboy
Member
(10-06-2016, 05:19 AM)
Glassboy's Avatar

Originally Posted by bumpkin

I was worried that Best Buy was going to screw up and I wouldn't get the game (Ultimate Edition) by Friday, so imagine my shock when I got home from work today and had a package.

I've played it for about two hours and the most accurate thing I can say about it is this; "Yep, it's Gears." I'm playing on Hardcore and have died at least half a dozen times, about a 50-50 on me being stupid and the game playing dirty. But all in all I'm enjoying it. I can't really talk specifics about what I like or dislike without spoiling anything, but I can say Gears fans won't be disappointed.

That's awesome. I love getting games early. Rarely happens but it's always fun.
Arby 'n' the Chief
Member
(10-06-2016, 05:20 AM)
Arby 'n' the Chief's Avatar

Originally Posted by BizzyBum

If I bought the standard edition on the Windows store can I upgrade to the Ultimate edition or would I have to pay the full $99?

call customer support and cancel your preorder. They're really quick about it too.
Purest 78
Member
(10-06-2016, 05:20 AM)

Originally Posted by Mihael Mello Keehl

Why would anyone play gears on normal? Thats like easy mode.

I would bet most play games on Normal Difficulty especially the 1st playthrough.
Captain Zyrain
Member
(10-06-2016, 05:21 AM)
Captain Zyrain's Avatar
Damn! I wanted to go to the launch event today, but completely forgot about it.

Awesome swag.. sounds like fun!

Still on the fence if I'm going to Day 1 this or not. Already got Battlefield 1 on the way and not sure if I'll have the time between that and FH3.. but.. damn I'm hyped.

Thread Tools