• TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

malfcn
(10-06-2016, 05:21 AM)
Laura Bailey 2/2 with Xbox.
mcrommert
(10-06-2016, 05:22 AM)
Real question....got the game from the nvidia promo...if i buy the season pass for 50 bucks...do i get early access? The ultimate edition doesn't seem to contain anything else that would allow the unlock
Collingwood
(10-06-2016, 05:23 AM)
So hot

BizzyBum
(10-06-2016, 05:24 AM)

Originally Posted by golem

Website chat with Microsoft support, they will need to refund your preorder in order to purchase the ultimate

Originally Posted by Arby 'n' the Chief

call customer support and cancel your preorder. They're really quick about it too.

Okay, thanks.

I have to download everything over again, don't I?
SDMG
(10-06-2016, 05:26 AM)

Originally Posted by Collingwood

So hot

Yo that joint looks nice. I know a lot of people crapped on it but looking at those pics it looks pretty dope.
Oscar
(10-06-2016, 05:27 AM)
In for Ultimate Edition on Xbone.

Can't wait.
MattyG
(10-06-2016, 05:28 AM)
I've always been weirdly invested in Gears even though I never finished the first and am kind of blurry on the specifics of some of the lore. I haven't really cared about the series since 2012/2013, but holy shit is my weird investment in the series kicking back in. I'm so excited for this to unlock.
Fotos
(10-06-2016, 05:30 AM)

So hot

Oh damnnnn that looks good
peteeM
(10-06-2016, 05:31 AM)
Is there no actual download for the Season Pass?

It says I own it, but I can't download anything.
Ducayne
(10-06-2016, 05:36 AM)

Originally Posted by peteeM

Is there no actual download for the Season Pass?

It says I own it, but I can't download anything.

Correct,no actual download. All card packs are handled like Reqs in Halo. IAPs
Madness

So hot

Beautiful. I owned the Xbox 360 Gears 3 slim version which made sound fx when you booted it on or off.
xch1n
So is everyone on Twitch playing physical copies that came early?
Ducayne
(10-06-2016, 05:38 AM)
Just played the first chapter. Game looks so incredibly good in HDR. So crisp and rich
Natiko
(10-06-2016, 05:40 AM)
Can't wait to get home from work Friday and spend a couple days playing this non-stop.
Malo
loves a rod
(10-06-2016, 05:43 AM)
Is there a Gears Gaf club?
Mrbob
how can the baaasheep
enjoy the shootbang?
(10-06-2016, 05:43 AM)

Originally Posted by johnnydrama

So PC version is fantastic, apparently.

Will support the game if the port is good.
EVA UNIT 01
(10-06-2016, 05:45 AM)
Just got my gears console.
Looks alot better in person
The Flash
(10-06-2016, 05:49 AM)
Every execution

https://youtu.be/sOFLaxICjCM
Fotos
(10-06-2016, 05:55 AM)

Originally Posted by The Flash

Every execution

That dropshot one is still the best
GreyWind
(10-06-2016, 05:59 AM)
I Choose Violence is probably my fav achievement
etta
my hard graphic balls
(10-06-2016, 05:59 AM)
Sic burn

https://twitter.com/gearsviking/stat...90647023546368
GreyWind
(10-06-2016, 06:01 AM)

Originally Posted by etta

Sic burn

Lol
Mechazawa
(10-06-2016, 06:03 AM)

Originally Posted by The Flash

Every execution

I just realized for the first time that the original Gears of War is the only game with the traditional curbstomp.
Camp1nCarl
(10-06-2016, 06:14 AM)
Just canceled my Standard Edition and changed my pre-order to an Ultimate Edition in-store pickup.

See you Friday fam
SwolBro
(10-06-2016, 06:15 AM)
man, i'm so tempted to get this. if i pre-order today will i still get it early?
BuggeryBugz
(10-06-2016, 06:16 AM)

Originally Posted by etta

Sic burn

haha!

Reviews are today?
Kenagain240
(10-06-2016, 06:20 AM)
Can any gaffers help me out with this? I pre-ordered the LE console from gamestop and picked it up today, and when I got home I realized the dlc I'm supposed to get with the pre-order from gamestop weren't on the receipt. They are closed now so I cant call, do you think they will give me the codes if I call them tomorrow?
Fotos
(10-06-2016, 06:24 AM)

Originally Posted by BuggeryBugz

haha!

Reviews are today?

About an hour an a half!
SwolBro
(10-06-2016, 06:25 AM)
watching the twitch streams.... they went all COD stupid with the gun colors. Christ, i hate this trend, it completely ruins the immersion.
BabyFaceKillah
(10-06-2016, 06:27 AM)

Originally Posted by Mechazawa

I just realized for the first time that the original Gears of War is the only game with the traditional curbstomp.

Couldn't you go it gears 2 and 3?
GreyWind
(10-06-2016, 06:29 AM)

Originally Posted by SwolBro

watching the twitch streams.... they went all COD stupid with the gun colors. Christ, i hate this trend, it completely ruins the immersion.

Did you played Gears 3?
SwolBro
(10-06-2016, 06:30 AM)

Originally Posted by GreyWind

Did you played Gears 3?

not after the beta, no. it had that to? god, what an awful decision. it's such an awful awful awful awful awful trend.
Surface of Me
(10-06-2016, 06:32 AM)
Not buying the Ultimate Edition, gonna have to black out this entire weekend so it's like I time skip to Monday.
Shadowheart
(10-06-2016, 06:33 AM)
I think I've only played the first one, now I'm jumping to this one on a 1070 with a pad!
I expect there will be brains melting...in more ways than one.
MattyG
(10-06-2016, 06:34 AM)

not after the beta, no. it had that to? god, what an awful decision. it's such an awful awful awful awful awful trend.

Yeah, they went kind of crazy with it in 3. I really hope it's toned down a bit, because I remember the store being FLOODED with skins at one point.
SDMG
(10-06-2016, 06:35 AM)
just got a message from Xbox Live thought it was my Gears Ultimate code from all the errors today trying to retrieve one. It was the code for the operation pack for being a loyal Gears fan and player :( Still Im grateful tho.
SwolBro
(10-06-2016, 06:35 AM)

Originally Posted by MattyG

Yeah, they went kind of crazy with it in 3. I really hope it's toned down a bit, because I remember the store being FLOODED with skins at one point.

Look at twitch streams, it's not. Everyone is running around with bright pink guns that you can spot from a mile away.

It's silly and cringe inducing. What's the point in having a game with dark atmosphere like Gears only to ruin it with my little pony colors? I don't get it.
earvcunanan
(10-06-2016, 06:39 AM)
How do I get the Gears 1-3 games if I pre-ordered the UE from the Xbox Store on Windows?
NegativeCero
(10-06-2016, 06:40 AM)
Jumping on this hype train extra hard after hearing Jeff Gerstmann excitedly talk about how ridiculous this game is. Preload is ready, just need Friday to arrive.
Can't wait to see this one on PC running at 60fps.
earvcunanan
(10-06-2016, 06:42 AM)

Originally Posted by NegativeCero

Jumping on this hype train extra hard after hearing Jeff Gerstmann excitedly talk about how ridiculous this game is. Preload is ready, just need Friday to arrive.
Can't wait to see this one on PC running at 60fps.

Hopefully, the PC has no performance issues like Forza Horizon 3.
JambiBum
(10-06-2016, 06:46 AM)

Look at twitch streams, it's not. Everyone is running around with bright pink guns that you can spot from a mile away.

It's silly and cringe inducing. What's the point in having a game with dark atmosphere like Gears only to ruin it with my little pony colors? I don't get it.

You have it so that you allow players to customize things the way they want instead of everyone always looking the same. Player customization is one of the best things to happen to games as long as it is handled in a way that isn't gross monetization wise. The ridiculous colors on weapons totally fits the characters of gears because of how they act throughout the games. Gears has a dark atmosphere yes, but it's also light hearted and humorous at its core.
BuggeryBugz
(10-06-2016, 06:48 AM)

I'm not a big fan of it either, but like halo 5, you don't notice it.
SwolBro
(10-06-2016, 06:49 AM)

Originally Posted by JambiBum

You have it so that you allow players to customize things the way they want instead of everyone always looking the same. Player customization is one of the best things to happen to games as long as it is handled in a way that isn't gross monetization wise. The ridiculous colors on weapons totally fits the characters of gears because of how they act throughout the games. Gears has a dark atmosphere yes, but it's also light hearted and humorous at its core.

Sure, player customization is nice when it's done right and within the games' tone, like Destiny. This looks utterly ridiculous and silly. Just like COD does with their bright colors for gun skins in a war game with camo covered outfits.

It breaks immersion, completely.

Originally Posted by BuggeryBugz

I'm not a big fan of it either, but like halo 5, you don't notice it.

You don't notice it? really? Halo 5 isn't nearly as bad as this. Plus, halo is a more colorful game. Gears of War 4 is very brownish. The bright skins stick out a lot.
Last edited by SwolBro; 10-06-2016 at 06:52 AM.
Zushin
(10-06-2016, 06:53 AM)
Haven't kept up with Gears4 but am interested in the PC version. Store page says cross platform multilayer but I'm guessing this is only for co-op?
Ryu bogard
(10-06-2016, 06:53 AM)
So I am guessing if I got the standard edition via nvidia promotion than there is no way for me to upgrade since I didn't make the purchase on Windows 10 store?
JambiBum
(10-06-2016, 06:55 AM)

Sure, player customization is nice when it's done right and within the games tone, like Destiny. This looks utterly ridiculous and silly. Just like COD does with their bright colors for gun skins in a war game with camo covered outfits.

It breaks immersion, completely.

Saying it breaks immersion misses the entire point of my post. It completely fits in with the tone of the characters in the Gears series. The characters in Gears aren't serious bald space marines 100% of the time. They make jokes and each have their unique style. If you think that someone like Cole wouldn't customize the shit out of their weapons then you're completely wrong. Comparing it to COD is an entire different story because COD doesn't have the humor that Gears does. It's one thing to not like skins because they aren't handled correctly (micro transactions or otherwise) but to say that they don't fit the Gears universe is completely off base.

Gears is also no longer just a muddy colored shooter either. It stopped being that way in Gears 3, but since you admittedly didn't play it you wouldn't know.
SwolBro
(10-06-2016, 07:00 AM)

Originally Posted by JambiBum

Saying it breaks immersion misses the entire point of my post. It completely fits in with the tone of the characters in the Gears series. The characters in Gears aren't serious bald space marines 100% of the time. They make jokes and each have their unique style. If you think that someone like Cole wouldn't customize the shit out of their weapons then you're completely wrong. Comparing it to COD is an entire different story because COD doesn't have the humor that Gears does. It's one thing to not like skins because they aren't handled correctly (micro transactions or otherwise) but to say that they don't fit the Gears universe is completely off base.

Gears is also no longer just a muddy colored shooter either. It stopped being that way in Gears 3, but since you admittedly didn't play it you wouldn't know.

so, you're making an assumption that because gears characters like to crack jokes they'd all opt for bright pink guns? Hm, ok. You're reaching. But ok. It doesn't fit with the environment and overall aesthetics of the game though. You want to inject your opinion on what characters would lavish themselves with that's fine but to me it breaks the immersion.

And as for gears not being a muddy colored shooter.. that's too bad. The original Gears had a nice feel and look to it. I know they've gotten a bit more colorful, and that's a shame. But even saying that it's still no Overwatch.
Last edited by SwolBro; 10-06-2016 at 07:02 AM.
StillEdge
(10-06-2016, 07:07 AM)
I thought I got hooked up with an early access Ultimate Edition, but it says I have to wait to play :(
Theorry
(10-06-2016, 07:08 AM)
Awesome OT Nate.
A-One
(10-06-2016, 07:08 AM)
Any good recaps? Haven't played Gears in a while.