• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

JayEH
(02-21-2017, 06:23 PM)

Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition

Wouldn't someone need to buy a $100 card to get the game on the 23rd then?

(Currently only paying $4.19 CDN for my physical NA version...)

I had 51 HKD on my account already so I only had to spend around 55USD for a 300 and 80 HK code. Otherwise I would have spent 66USD for a 500 HK code which isn't that bad either.
BRSxIgnition
(02-21-2017, 06:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Garmonbozia

Woah, Devola and Popola are in the game?

Yes, though they're not the same Devola & Popola, apparently.

Originally Posted by LotusHD

Should put this in the OT, because it won't be the last time someone asks lol

Done, thanks.
Kojirospath
(02-21-2017, 06:25 PM)
I want this so badly:( Demo was great!
Satch
ch... deal with ya tag sis before you get clockT. now sashay away.
(02-21-2017, 06:26 PM)
if any of you spoil a single thing without using spoiler tags i will burn neogaf to the ground and then i will burn myself
Jampsuliini
(02-21-2017, 06:28 PM)
Can't wait for tomorrow! Only 20 and half hours to go...
Johndoey
(02-21-2017, 06:28 PM)
So damn excited. Going to have to unsub from every gaming channel on Youtube to avoid possible spoilers. I still can't believe a sequel to Nier got greenlit.

I'll be here to do what I do best in OT's complain incessantly about clothing
Last edited by Johndoey; 02-21-2017 at 06:32 PM.
LotusHD
(02-21-2017, 06:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Satch

if any of you spoil a single thing without using spoiler tags i will burn neogaf to the ground and then i will burn myself

I myself will kick them:

GwyndolinCinder
GDI i have $HK 20 left over, which is even more reason to think logically here.
Kindekuma

Originally Posted by Satch

Emotions are prohibited!
Omnistalgic
Where's is the review thread? I thought they went up before OT's
Lime
(02-21-2017, 06:31 PM)
Ever since I saw this GIF and the boss battle footage from E3 last year I've been looking forward to it

I could do without the pandering in it, but maybe I'll mod it on PC (or hope someone else with)
Last edited by Lime; 02-21-2017 at 06:36 PM.
Cornbread78
(02-21-2017, 06:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Omnistalgic

Where's is the review thread? I thought they went up before OT's

NA launch isn't for another 2 weeks brotha.
Yojimbo99
(02-21-2017, 06:33 PM)
Just placed my pre-order on this. So many games coming out in the next couple months. This, Horizon, Mass Effect and Persona 5 all on my to get day 1 list.
105.Will
(02-21-2017, 06:37 PM)
I still can't believe this game is coming out. Been completely in the dark with the exception of the gameplay sequences in the demo. Is there a general consensus on the sub or dub
Philippo
(02-21-2017, 06:40 PM)
Great job BRSxIgnition!

Everybody, brace yourselves for the incoming Gem of the Gen.
sensui-tomo
(02-21-2017, 06:41 PM)

Originally Posted by 105.Will

I still can't believe this game is coming out. Been completely in the dark with the exception of the gameplay sequences in the demo. Is there a general consensus on the sub or dub

Its the same studio for the dub that did nier and drakengard 3, so in that regard we dont know how well the english dub will be since 8-4 fucked up on zero's character when doing the dub (she came off like an angry person when she's supposed to be lazy about doing the whole thing) but the studio is good generally. Japanese is also good from what i've seen.

Voices of returning characters are the same from previous games
dr_p0p7ar7_
(02-21-2017, 06:43 PM)
My one suggestion to the OP - since this post is going up early for the Asian releases, maybe add a bit of information to the first post on how we or others can obtain it early/import it for those interested in joining the fun? Browsing through comments to find information isn't very ideal for people that might be interested.
Cyto
(02-21-2017, 06:44 PM)

From this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e41x...outu.be&t=2m2s
Last edited by Cyto; 02-21-2017 at 06:48 PM.
Hektor
(02-21-2017, 06:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Cyto

From this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e41x...outu.be&t=2m2s

That trailer was obtained from SE's pressportal and has since been deleted again.
BRSxIgnition
(02-21-2017, 06:45 PM)
Now you importers are tempting me... if I go through with getting an HK account, then I can get both my Physical copy & the early digital copy for only $92.38 CDN total. (Only $3 more than getting an NA physical at full price.)

(But then again, if I wait two weeks, I can get the game for $4.19 Canadian after discounts/promos...)

Too... much... temptation...
Iriscomeback
(02-21-2017, 06:46 PM)
Ugh... march 10 is so far away..
LotusHD
(02-21-2017, 06:47 PM)

Originally Posted by 105.Will

I love the dub in this. Before the demo came out, I hadn't even really given it much thought, but it's surprisingly good imo
Jiraiza

Now you importers are tempting me... if I go through with getting an HK account, then I can get both my Physical copy & the early digital copy for only $92.38 CDN total. (Only $3 more than getting an NA physical at full price.)

(But then again, if I wait two weeks, I can get the game for $4.19 Canadian after discounts/promos...)

Too... much... temptation...

It's only two weeks. Of course, by the time you get it, we'll likely have platinumed it already, bahaha.
GwyndolinCinder

Originally Posted by dr_p0p7ar7_

My one suggestion to the OP - since this post is going up early for the Asian releases, maybe add a bit of information to the first post on how we or others can obtain it early/import it for those interested in joining the fun? Browsing through comments to find information isn't very ideal for people that might be interested.

But nier fans want you to wait and support the team ^_____^

Im too weak for that, gimme dat platinum action with everything godlike about nier rn.

Originally Posted by Jiraiza

It's only two weeks. Of course, by the time you get it, we'll likely have platinumed it already, bahaha.

+ This game similar to the souls games, is likely to have the initial exciting period where we are figuring out the story and how to unlock certain things.
killatopak
(02-21-2017, 06:48 PM)
Anddddd

Subbed.

Not gonna check this thread until the NA release.

Have fun boys.
Hektor
(02-21-2017, 06:48 PM)
Someone please update shiajustdoit.gif with Emil head for BRSxIgnition and LotusHD heh
dr_p0p7ar7_
(02-21-2017, 06:50 PM)
Second request - is it possible to get a countdown timer to the JP PSN unlock time? Or maybe an unlock timer for each region added to OP?
Dio
Banned
(02-21-2017, 06:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Lime

I could do without the pandering in it, but maybe I'll mod it on PC (or hope someone else with)

Is it pandering if you're designing/drawing something YOU like? Not everyone is a poor pure naive artist forced by management to draw ""pandering"" designs. I'm pretty sure Taro and Yoshida don't give that much of a fuck about whether Joe Schmoe will buy their game because of X design.

Anyway, I'm really really happy this is coming out. It's even coming out on my birthday - best birthday gift ever.
Hektor
(02-21-2017, 06:52 PM)

Second request - is it possible to get a countdown timer to the JP PSN unlock time? Or maybe an unlock timer for each region added to OP?

LotusHD
(02-21-2017, 06:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Hektor

Someone please update shiajustdoit.gif with Emil head for BRSxIgnition and LotusHD heh

You can't break me!
Crayon
(02-21-2017, 06:54 PM)
I love this OT title.
Fakeknowledge
(02-21-2017, 06:55 PM)
Where the fuck is it on the HK store? 😭
KodaRuss
(02-21-2017, 06:55 PM)
Good job OP. I guess the other person that was supposed to do the OT backed out?

Long wait for this game but I still have Nioh and Horizon to finish first...
ubercheez
(02-21-2017, 06:56 PM)

I can't believe NA and EU are getting cover on the right. It's so... generic action movie poster-y, whereas the artwork version is beautifully eye-catching.

I'm glad it's reversible so we can still have the better one, but I wish people in game stores and shopping online could see it.
Satch
ch... deal with ya tag sis before you get clockT. now sashay away.
when i get this, the first thing im going to do is go fishing
GHG
It warms my heart to see this thread.

I can't believe we are actually getting a Nier sequel.
LotusHD
(02-21-2017, 06:57 PM)

Originally Posted by ubercheez

I can't believe NA and EU are getting cover on the right. It's so... generic action movie poster-y, whereas the artwork version is beautifully eye-catching.

I'm glad it's reversible so we can still have the better one, but I wish people in game stores and shopping online could see it.

It really just hit me how much worse ours is. I never even caught that it has that whole slight 3D thing going on.
BeeDog
(02-21-2017, 06:57 PM)
The Limited Edition is fully booked here at Webhallen (Sweden), but saw that CDON was also selling it. Pre-ordered the game so hopefully I'll manage to land a copy.
BRSxIgnition
(02-21-2017, 06:58 PM)

I'll add what I can, but I'm not overly familiar with digital importing either.

I can do the former.
Salty Rice
(02-21-2017, 06:58 PM)
Great OT.

We nierly did it. Cant wait for this anymore.
JayEH
(02-21-2017, 07:00 PM)

Originally Posted by Fakeknowledge

Where the fuck is it on the HK store? 😭

won't show up until the morning HK time most likely.
SmoothRunningGun
(02-21-2017, 07:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Raven117

Great OT title.

No it isn't. There were much better options.
Xadjim
Banned
(02-21-2017, 07:04 PM)
okay, can someone explain to me why this title? and who is yoko taro and why does he say this?
Fakeknowledge
(02-21-2017, 07:07 PM)

Originally Posted by JayEH

won't show up until the morning HK time most likely.

😒 just spent 15 minutes looking for it...

Tomorrow then.
BRSxIgnition
(02-21-2017, 07:07 PM)

Originally Posted by SmoothRunningGun

That's your opinion, there were polls.

OT2 - if we get there - will be something else.

Originally Posted by Xadjim

okay, can someone explain to me why this title? and who is yoko taro and why does he say this?

It's in the OP.

Yoko Taro is the director of the Drakengard and NieR series, and he's known to be quite eccentric.
pezzie
(02-21-2017, 07:08 PM)
I am so ready. Can't wait (for NA release)!
Philippo
(02-21-2017, 07:08 PM)
Just leaving this here:

Luigi87
(02-21-2017, 07:10 PM)
Nice OP.

Dunno about this game... Demo didn't sell me.

'cause I was already sold. Day one. Seriously this game plays so well from the demo, and it looks so cool! I love 2B and 9S' designs. Just give it to me! Wish I could get the Black Box, but that's not happening <_<
LotusHD
(02-21-2017, 07:14 PM)

Originally Posted by SmoothRunningGun

Let's not do this.

Originally Posted by Xadjim

Yoko Taro's the dude making the story for the game lol, he's the director.

As for why he said it, he's a weird, self-deprecating, hilarious fool of a person.
Xadjim
Banned
(02-21-2017, 07:15 PM)

That's your opinion, there were polls.

OT2 - if we get there - will be something else.

It's in the OP.

Yoko Taro is the director of the Drakengard and NieR series, and he's known to be quite eccentric.

thanks, sry I didnt read everything, my fail.

But wow... why does he say that :D This game looks soooo good