• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Trickster
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:12 AM)
Trickster's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ferga

I'm at that point where I've played so many master games that I've gotten use to their player movement.

The moment I touch quick play, I just can't hit shit since everyone just moves sporadically with no discernible pattern. They can't even aim doing that

What do you mean by that? Why does how you move determine how well you can aim?
Cappa
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:16 AM)
Cappa's Avatar

Originally Posted by Karsticles

You can't fall.

So if I hit rank 10 in Hearthstone (rank 1 is second best, followed by legendary), I can't go back down to rank 11 no matter how much I lose. It means you can kind of chill and not be stressed with every match you play, and it creates a more defined skill structure.

Lol if paying people to boost your account to master /grandmaster is already a thing. It will be even more so if that terrible idea is every implemented in overwatch lol
Ferga
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:21 AM)
Ferga's Avatar

Originally Posted by Trickster

What do you mean by that? Why does how you move determine how well you can aim?

I play with a lot of projectiles. My mains are pharah, ana and zen. I've gotten use to aiming with prediction when I'm dealing with flankers.

Genjis and tracers in quick play don't move in a way where they can aim. So as a result, I can't hit them while they can't hit me since their screen (I'm presuming) are going crazy with their movement.
LiK
(04-21-2017, 07:24 AM)
LiK's Avatar
jam86 and Butt talking about Genji's nipple.
Owzers
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:25 AM)
Owzers's Avatar

Originally Posted by liezryou

When your POTG is literally your worst moment of the game...

He won the fight, no shame.
Trickster
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:26 AM)
Trickster's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ferga

I play with a lot of projectiles. My mains are pharah, ana and zen. I've gotten use to aiming with prediction when I'm dealing with flankers.

Genjis and tracers in quick play don't move in a way where they can aim. So as a result, I can't hit them while they can't hit me since their screen (I'm presuming) are going crazy with their movement.

I'm still not sure why their movement would impair the ability to aim. Or are you on console?
liezryou
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:35 AM)
liezryou's Avatar

Originally Posted by Owzers

He won the fight, no shame.

Well it was me but i almost lost 1v1 to mercy with my ult on as tjorbjorn. Not my most spectacular play.

While I'm here, can i get some recommended settings for snipers? I mean as far as DPI/sensitivity go. I'm currently on 2400 DPI and sensitivity is 30. I'm absolutely terrible at widow aiming. Like i get into perfect positions but then i literally whiff every shot at moving targets.
RuinerPrime
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:39 AM)
RuinerPrime's Avatar

Originally Posted by Terareflection

Ggs Utima and Ruiner!

Hope you guys liked Zyail, he's pretty good!

Thanks for the games! Got lots of Mccree time in :)
Dekutulla
Junior Member
(04-21-2017, 07:43 AM)
Man, all you people are all high ranked or whatever and meanwhile I'm like...

bronze is the lowest rank right? :v

we didn't even get past 25 meters the last ranked payload game I played...
LiK
(04-21-2017, 07:48 AM)
LiK's Avatar
Haha, enemy team couldn't deal with my Junk. That was fun.
exYle
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:48 AM)
exYle's Avatar

Originally Posted by LiK

jam86 and Butt talking about Genji's nipple.

ENHANCE
blue_phazon
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:50 AM)
blue_phazon's Avatar

Originally Posted by LiK

Haha, enemy team couldn't deal with my Junk. That was fun.

L I K D A G A W D

It's crazy how you just used junk ult right in the middle of the point
Karsticles
(04-21-2017, 07:52 AM)
Karsticles's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cappa

Lol if paying people to boost your account to master /grandmaster is already a thing. It will be even more so if that terrible idea is every implemented in overwatch lol

Blizzard could easily ban accounts that do this if they wanted to.
Yager
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:57 AM)
Yager's Avatar
Yesterday was a good day...or that's what I thought after winning my first game. I was playing with a friend, we nailed it in Eichenwalde, the other 4 randoms did a great job also. Second game, fucking Annubis. NAILED IT AGAIN. This is going good...but one shoukd never underestimate the power of randoms.

I usually don't get mad, and I don't usually blame the randoms. I mean, there are games were I know I'm not doing shit, there are games were I know my friends are not playing really well, and of course there are games were those randoms make you lose because of bad picks and 0 sense of teamwork. But yesterday I had 3 games in a row that made me turn off my Xbox.

How can you expect me not to get mad when we're winning 2-0 on Illios but end up 2-3 because fucking no one is capable of dealing with Pharamercy? "hey man, why didn't you do it?" Randoms had Soldier, McCree and Zenyatta. I was Winston. I can get Phara's attention so much before getting stomped and have to bail because the other team is focusing me. How the hell can't those 3 people get that flying demon down? Oh yeah, because they're focusing the Orisa's shield, an Orisa that was doing nothing in the game.

And don't get me started on the Rein that charged all the time by himself on Volskaya B point. Dude, I'm a fucking monkey that can jump with you, and my friend was a fucking Zarya that could bubble you. But no, what's the point of waiting, right? And you know what's great? When you wipe half a team, get inside point B and realize that the rest of your team is waiting at the choke because why the hell not.

Oh, and have I told you the tale of that amazing Hanzo that missed 2 FUCKING TIMES with the fucking dragon when the other team had like 4 ad 5 people inside a graviton? And by that I don't mean that Zenyatta saved them or anything. HE FUCKING MISSED LIKE HE AIMED 10 METERS AWAY FROM WHERE THE GRAVITON WAS WHILE HE WAS STANDING IN FRONT OF THE FUCKING GRAVITON.

This fucking game man. I love to hate it, and I hate to love it. And good morning to everyone.
LiK
(04-21-2017, 08:01 AM)
LiK's Avatar

Originally Posted by blue_phazon

L I K D A G A W D

It's crazy how you just used junk ult right in the middle of the point

TheThinWhiteDuke
Member
(04-21-2017, 08:03 AM)
TheThinWhiteDuke's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dekutulla

Man, all you people are all high ranked or whatever and meanwhile I'm like...

bronze is the lowest rank right? :v

we didn't even get past 25 meters the last ranked payload game I played...

Under 1000 SR is usually considered "Wood", but Blizzard is too nice to denote it as such. As long as you're above that, you still have someone to pity. And you should, Wood games are a nightmare (my 8 yr old resides there, in all his Junkrat/Torb villainy).
Dekutulla
Junior Member
(04-21-2017, 08:04 AM)
Got the DVA selfie highlight. I guess the tradeoff for being shit at the game is getting good loot crates :v

Originally Posted by TheThinWhiteDuke

Under 1000 SR is usually considered "Wood", but Blizzard is too nice to denote it as such. As long as you're above that, you still have someone to pity. And you should, Wood games are a nightmare (my 8 yr old resides there, in all his Junkrat/Torb villainy).

Well, at least I'm...100 SR above that :v
exYle
Member
(04-21-2017, 08:21 AM)
exYle's Avatar

Originally Posted by blue_phazon

L I K D A G A W D

It's crazy how you just used junk ult right in the middle of the point

That buff changed his life man

Originally Posted by LiK

iFunny?

Bruh
LiK
(04-21-2017, 08:35 AM)
LiK's Avatar

Originally Posted by exYle

That buff changed his life man



iFunny?

Bruh

i did it back before the buff too. YOLO
LordofPwn
Member
(04-21-2017, 08:38 AM)
LordofPwn's Avatar
Why do people throw games? 3 of my 5 losses (in a row) tonight had people throw and I just don't understand it. I'm on PS4 so can't report but like seriously wtf... Attack torb on extra round Eichenwalde. AFK torb Nepal. Torb Hanzo duo on Lijang.

Also I don't understand why my teammates consistently never use my rein shield. It's incredibly hard to climb when dealing with this shit on a regular basis.

Also fuck the SR system. Played one of my better Zarya matches tonight. On oasis. 4 rounds. Avg energy above 40, +15 high energy kills. Shit ton of blocked damage and barriers applied. My lobs were on fire. 3 Gold medals (Elims, objective kills, obj time). A high amount of final blows. Way more than I normally get. I was kicking ass. +23 SR. A match I had the other day I got +30 as Zarya when I was at a higher SR but I had maybe half of that avg. energy and high energy kills, but the one thing I did have was more graviton surge kills. Today on oasis I used 2 graviton surges, got 1 kill. 1 of those were to stall the other, Zenyatta saved their team.

So if I play well, win, and don't need the graviton surge I get less SR than if I'm playing ok, win, and have a teammate that can combo with me. The struggle continues...
Dekutulla
Junior Member
(04-21-2017, 08:39 AM)
Widowmaker for two rounds on point capture...maybe I should just go back to QP...
Nuno Pinto
Member
(04-21-2017, 08:53 AM)
Nuno Pinto's Avatar
Ggs today, a couple of frustrating ones (the randoms can suck the fun out of this game sometimes), but overall it was enjoyable.

There was someone missing though, that usually plays at those hours.

Vault Dweller 111
Member
(04-21-2017, 08:54 AM)
Vault Dweller 111's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nuno Pinto

Ggs today, a couple of frustrating ones (the randoms can suck the fun out of this game sometimes), but overall it was fun.

There was someone missing though, that usually plays at those hours.

Sorry. I was celebrating the holidays.
exYle
Member
(04-21-2017, 09:04 AM)
exYle's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vault Dweller 111

Sorry. I was celebrating the holidays.

Lmao we fucking called it
Zen Aku
Member
(04-21-2017, 09:04 AM)
Today my team shit the bed on Eichenwald. We didn't get a single percent on Attack.

Guess what? Still fucking draw lol

We played Torb, Sym, Mercy, Roadhog, Soldier, DVA and held point. Always at least two people on it.

The other team thought they had it in the bag.
Cappa
Member
(04-21-2017, 09:05 AM)
Cappa's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vault Dweller 111

Sorry. I was celebrating the holidays.

What holiday..... Ohhhhhhhh


Gaf ps4 does well any time I'm not there. I am officially the weak link. GG.
_Legacy_
Member
(04-21-2017, 09:56 AM)
_Legacy_'s Avatar
Went 4-1 last night with my group in comp, we edged out some really close games. For the first night in ages, we had really competent randoms who did great jobs in all areas. My hope in randoms in being restored, have to say. Even the game we lost, everyone played well but the other team just got better picks and played better overall.

Let's see what today has in store for me...
StaffyManasse
Member
(04-21-2017, 10:03 AM)
StaffyManasse's Avatar

Originally Posted by LordofPwn

Why do people throw games? 3 of my 5 losses (in a row) tonight had people throw and I just don't understand it. I'm on PS4 so can't report but like seriously wtf... Attack torb on extra round Eichenwalde. AFK torb Nepal. Torb Hanzo duo on Lijang.

Also I don't understand why my teammates consistently never use my rein shield. It's incredibly hard to climb when dealing with this shit on a regular basis.

Also fuck the SR system. Played one of my better Zarya matches tonight. On oasis. 4 rounds. Avg energy above 40, +15 high energy kills. Shit ton of blocked damage and barriers applied. My lobs were on fire. 3 Gold medals (Elims, objective kills, obj time). A high amount of final blows. Way more than I normally get. I was kicking ass. +23 SR. A match I had the other day I got +30 as Zarya when I was at a higher SR but I had maybe half of that avg. energy and high energy kills, but the one thing I did have was more graviton surge kills. Today on oasis I used 2 graviton surges, got 1 kill. 1 of those were to stall the other, Zenyatta saved their team.

So if I play well, win, and don't need the graviton surge I get less SR than if I'm playing ok, win, and have a teammate that can combo with me. The struggle continues...

I've been trying to learn Rein (at QP, but still) and they do this so much. Like I'm walking towards the payload like a boss with my shield up ready to get it moving and these guys run in, proceed to not stay behind be but run straight through into the enemy fire and then die in front of me.
hesido
Member
(04-21-2017, 11:55 AM)
hesido's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zen Aku

Today my team shit the bed on Eichenwald. We didn't get a single percent on Attack.

Guess what? Still fucking draw lol

We played Torb, Sym, Mercy, Roadhog, Soldier, DVA and held point. Always at least two people on it.

The other team thought they had it in the bag.

Wow, that's even sweeter than our teams 23% win on Temple Of Anubis on first point last night. (Solo Queue of course). Forget the other team, I thought they had it in the bag. An excellent Sym and a competent Rein did the job, I was JunkRat and throwing shit around.

Torb + Sym on Eichenwald defense is an excellent combo, and I have to congratulate on no-Rein setup. Although it'd be nice if it was a 1% win. :)


Originally Posted by StaffyManasse

I've been trying to learn Rein (at QP, but still) and they do this so much. Like I'm walking towards the payload like a boss with my shield up ready to get it moving and these guys run in, proceed to not stay behind be but run straight through into the enemy fire and then die in front of me.

While everybody asks for a Reinhardt almost every comp game at the start of the game, I don't like Reinhardt on Attack personally. I don't care about the win rate of Rein on attacks, but I think he slows down the attack and consolidates the whole team in a single spot which has its drawbacks too.

When I'm Symmetra, it's nice to have a Reinhardt on the opposing team though. Instant ult after firing those photon-balls because it goes through everybody behind him :D
Sande
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:12 PM)
Sande's Avatar

Originally Posted by jviggy43

I seriously cannot believe they thought this was a good idea. I can literally jump into a 6 stack by myself, jump around and just skate away like it's not a big deal at all. I haven't read why but have they stated why they felt compelled to buff a character that was already in every single game anyway?

Blizzard recognized that almost no one likes playing Lucio, but instead of properly reworking him to be fun they just buffed everything and reduced the aura range to compensate.
Stallion Dan
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:38 PM)
Stallion Dan's Avatar
16 points for a win, wtf is this...
Twilight Gap
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:42 PM)
Twilight Gap's Avatar
>Uprising
>Expert Mode
>Solo
>Orisa
>Zenyatta
>I pick Bastion
>Last guy picks Genji
>We all unselect and try to tell him to pick someone else
>He stays on Genji
>We all leave

Overwatch

Time to wait another 10 minutes for a game.
_Legacy_
Member
(04-21-2017, 01:24 PM)
_Legacy_'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Stallion Dan

16 points for a win, wtf is this...

Seems Blizzard think you're currently around the SR you should be.
LiK
(04-21-2017, 01:25 PM)
LiK's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stallion Dan

16 points for a win, wtf is this...

I got like 35 last night. It was pretty cool.
_Legacy_
Member
(04-21-2017, 01:26 PM)
_Legacy_'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Zoba

>Uprising
>Expert Mode
>Solo
>Orisa
>Zenyatta
>I pick Bastion
>Last guy picks Genji
>We all unselect and try to tell him to pick someone else
>He stays on Genji
>We all leave

Overwatch

Time to wait another 10 minutes for a game.

This has been me for the last few days, actually played last night with the perfect Mercy, Rein, Orisa and Bastion comp but the Rein rushed out by himself at the very last stage and then we call die from lack of adequate cover. I have to get this expert achievement at some point!
NeoRaider
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:02 PM)
NeoRaider's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zoba

>Uprising
>Expert Mode
>Solo
>Orisa
>Zenyatta
>I pick Bastion
>Last guy picks Genji
>We all unselect and try to tell him to pick someone else
>He stays on Genji
>We all leave

Overwatch

Time to wait another 10 minutes for a game.

Genji/Widow mains would rather die than change.
LiK
(04-21-2017, 02:07 PM)
LiK's Avatar
Widows in Uprising are so useless even on Normal. I was a Zen and had to constantly heal them in a session. She kept dying too. Why the fuck would you waste people's time playing Widow in this mode. People just wanna get through it for the lootboxes, not try and keep your ass alive through the entire thing. Make a custom game if you wanna practice your aiming.
Last edited by LiK; 04-21-2017 at 02:10 PM.
Twilight Gap
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:08 PM)
Twilight Gap's Avatar
The dumbest pick I've seen is Mei - a Mei that didn't even use the wall, no less. I love Mei, but does she even do damage? lol
Paltheos
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:20 PM)
Paltheos's Avatar
I played about 5 games last night I think of Uprising on Expert. 3 of my attempts ended in the same spot. Right after blowing up the payload to reach the Orisas, my team nearly invariably splits up. The last one was the worst as I specifically asked on the mic for us to not split up, a couple people responded on the mic, annnnd Rein stayed behind to fight the first Orisa while we got shredded by Bastion. Like.... we were obviously gone and he didn't follow us. Bro. The one attempt that got past that choke, we actually all worked together to kill the first Bastion but then died because our otherwise strong Tracer went too far behind enemy lines and got picked by something. I flew over to manually revive but then the rest of my team got picked off and we were overwhelmed. FeelsBadMan
Dead Prince
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:32 PM)
Dead Prince's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zoba

The dumbest pick I've seen is Mei - a Mei that didn't even use the wall, no less. I love Mei, but does she even do damage? lol

her right click is pretty good if you can predict shot people but mostly i've seen people hanzo it with her. you should see how long they set up to do a headshot when they freeze you lol.
LiK
(04-21-2017, 02:37 PM)
LiK's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zoba

The dumbest pick I've seen is Mei - a Mei that didn't even use the wall, no less. I love Mei, but does she even do damage? lol

A good Mei is fine for the mode. She can keep slowing down the bots with primary and alt-fire for sniping and her Ult is decent. And she has self-healing with the ice block.
Strangelove77
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:42 PM)
Strangelove77's Avatar
It's funny that I disabled skirmish but now I get put into "waiting for more players" games. It's the same exact shit.
Recreat3
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:50 PM)
Recreat3's Avatar
Dont understand these loot boxes. Constantly getting whites and blues in all my boxes and then i pop the widowmaker talon skin, couple of boxes later i open one with genji blackwatch, torbjorn gold skin (bikie skin not sure of name), bastion purple uprising skin and 250 currency. Not sure if i should be complaining or happy but thats definitely the best loot ox i have ever opened.
TheLetdown
Member
(04-21-2017, 03:02 PM)
TheLetdown's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vault Dweller 111

Sorry. I was celebrating the holidays.

All the more reason to play Overwatch, tbh.

Get those wild 'n' crazy frags when everyone's playing checkers while you're playing chess.
LiK
(04-21-2017, 03:04 PM)
LiK's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cappa

What holiday..... Ohhhhhhhh


Gaf ps4 does well any time I'm not there. I am officially the weak link. GG.

You tend to leave after one or two matches, iirc. I'm not sure how we can get better together if you always do that. Sometimes I feel you tilted and decided to leave after a loss.

People in voice chat are like "Did Cappa leave?" lol
Last edited by LiK; 04-21-2017 at 03:06 PM.
TheOddOne
Member
(04-21-2017, 03:04 PM)
TheOddOne's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zoba

>He stays on Genji

Overwatch in a nutshell.
Codiox
Member
(04-21-2017, 03:10 PM)
Codiox's Avatar
Guys, what does PharMercy means? I don't get it.

Also im maining Pharah on PS4

Add me if you like to play sometime: C0D10X
Karsticles
(04-21-2017, 03:16 PM)
Karsticles's Avatar

Originally Posted by Codiox

Guys, what does PharMercy means? I don't get it.

Also im maining Pharah on PS4

Add me if you like to play sometime: C0D10X

Pharmercy = Pharah with a Mercy that flies around with you.
Sir Griffith
Member
(04-21-2017, 03:17 PM)
Sir Griffith's Avatar

Originally Posted by Codiox

Guys, what does PharMercy means? I don't get it.

Also im maining Pharah on PS4

Add me if you like to play sometime: C0D10X

It's when a Mercy is flying around with a Pharah healing and boosting her

Thread Tools