• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

hodayathink
(04-21-2017, 12:28 AM)
We're almost definitely getting Baby Groot in some form. If I had to guess, I'd say it's possible we get Yondu and/or Nebula as well.
zulux21
(04-21-2017, 01:29 AM)

Originally Posted by hodayathink

We're almost definitely getting Baby Groot in some form. If I had to guess, I'd say it's possible we get Yondu and/or Nebula as well.

these are also what I agree with.

though perhaps instead of yondu a 4* gamora to go along with nebula.
hodayathink
(04-21-2017, 01:33 AM)

Originally Posted by zulux21

these are also what I agree with.

though perhaps instead of yondu a 4* gamora to go along with nebula.

The only other possibility I see is a 5 star Star-Lord, but I'm not sure of what they'd go with to differentiate him from the 4 star.
hodayathink
(04-21-2017, 07:25 AM)
And in good news, it took resetting the Strange Sights vault and buying a 10 pack, but I got my 13th Carol cover. Now to determine whether I want to champ Jessica Drew (have 2 covers on the vine now), or wait for a while and see if I get a 13th cover for Blade (the Heroes for Hire cover is red, which I already have 5 of).
Spoit
(04-21-2017, 08:30 AM)
Blade is like so much better than jess, OMG
hodayathink
(04-21-2017, 02:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Spoit

Blade is like so much better than jess, OMG

I'm aware of that. But I have Blade at 12 covers with none on the vine, and I have Jess at 13 with 2. The basic question is just if I champ Jessica, will I be able to earn ISO fast enough to help if I get a 14th cover of someone I want more?
Triz
(04-21-2017, 05:11 PM)
First pull on the new PVE vault and I snagged Reed Richards. I sold him after the last buff and then they pulled him from vaults so I thought I just would never get him again. Vindication! All 4 stars rostered now.
Dalek
(04-21-2017, 05:51 PM)
I now have fully covered Wasp, Captain Marvel, Medusa and Spider-Woman. The ISO thirst is real. I could really use some double ISO.
zulux21
(04-21-2017, 11:38 PM)
next character hint

""Awesome Mix of Guardians Volume 2""

aka in line with what we guessed.

though the next update in general is sad
"Countdown tiles no longer deal a point of damage when they activate."

that was really fun with marvel and star lord lol.
Spoit
(04-21-2017, 11:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Dalek

I now have fully covered Wasp, Captain Marvel, Medusa and Spider-Woman. The ISO thirst is real. I could really use some double ISO.

I mean, the thirst is real. But guys, it really helps if you stop wasting ISO on marginal characters like Spider woman, and just save it for when you get actually good characters ready
zulux21
(04-21-2017, 11:46 PM)
so is it bad that i have iron man 40 as my only 3 star favorite right now in order to raise him towards max level so that he plays with my 4* better :P?

might add iron fist at some point too. haven't decided.
Spoit
(04-21-2017, 11:51 PM)
Well the rumor is that they're going to nerf him, so....maybe?
zulux21
(Yesterday, 12:10 AM)

Well the rumor is that they're going to nerf him, so....maybe?

that's been the rumor forever.
and I imagine if they were going to do that they would have done it at the same time as OML so they didn't have to go through two waves of hate.

either way I will likely leave him as my only 3 star champ for a while just to get him high enough to give me a black hulkbuster cover so I could champ hulkbuster if I wanted.
Dalek
(Yesterday, 12:33 AM)

I mean, the thirst is real. But guys, it really helps if you stop wasting ISO on marginal characters like Spider woman, and just save it for when you get actually good characters ready

She will be the last out of those to Champion for sure. But still that's a lot of characters to Champion-and I still need to Champion my Hawkeye!
hodayathink
(Yesterday, 01:31 AM)

Oh, and I've only actually sold about 4 covers of characters I had fully covered and could have champed but didn't, 2 of those were already Jessica, and the other 2 were Kingpin back before I had champed anyone, and none of them were because I didn't have the ISO to champ them.

Edit: Technically, my choices right now are champ Jessica Drew, champ X-Force Wolverine (I have him at 13 covers and Patch at level 222 about to give me the 14th) or just wait to see who I max cover next out of the latest 12 (Carol, Gwenpool, and Luke Cage already champed, with Blade and Agent Venom at 12 covers, Coulson and Riri and Wasp [finally pulled a blue] at 11, and Medusa at 10). I've already decided I'm not doing XFW, but I'm gonna wait as long as I can to sell/use the covers just in case something happens in game to make things easier. Bonus heroes I'm generally trying to use to get older 4* up as close as I can to 13 covers without wasting any.
Last edited by hodayathink; Yesterday at 01:46 AM.
Spoit
(Yesterday, 04:39 AM)
I personally would suggest waiting. I've passed up champing falcap like 3 times now
Triz
(Yesterday, 05:30 AM)

I personally would suggest waiting. I've passed up champing falcap like 3 times now

^^^this. I'm in no rush to champ Riri even if she is the only one I could champ right now.
zulux21
(Yesterday, 06:10 AM)

personally I am finding moving most of the good characters to 200 and the meh or worse characters to 150 has been setting up my 4* roster nicely for most things.

like I said I only champed star lord because I really wanted to fix his covers as both of the teams I wanted to try needed him with the right covers.

that will likely be my chap prority, though both marvel and medusa will likely be up higher on the champ list since they are newer characters and both I will play alot.

we will see what other new characters come out that excite me, but I don't think any of the other characters in the new characters are super exciting... though wasp looks decent (as her constant one turn count down timers could be fun with marvel)

I am more curious why they have been so quiet recently.
last time they went this long with minimal details like this they made some decently big changes (champs and what not)

I mean we know a taco token rework is in progress, I wonder when they will announce it again officially.

oh... some 3 star champ changes

tempted to put khmala and carol as favorites to start building towards the covers... though by the time I get enough covers to do so I will likely have full covers from other means already lol.
Last edited by zulux21; Yesterday at 06:17 AM.
Spoit
(Yesterday, 06:28 AM)
Ugh, it's so annoying that they always make these changes not-retroactive, especially when that means you skip covers that you actually need
zulux21
(Today, 04:58 PM)
well that was a pain.

between electra's shadow step giving her black (like it usually does)
and her red now stealing AP like purple.

it was a pain in the ass to beat her and her constant shadow step.

got a yellow 5* panther and a black oml for it (yes oml is still my bonus hero as I still use him for stuff and really need a red cover for him, once I get one I will change him)
Triz
(Today, 05:25 PM)

Originally Posted by zulux21

well that was a pain.

between electra's shadow step giving her black (like it usually does)
and her red now stealing AP like purple.

it was a pain in the ass to beat her and her constant shadow step.

got a yellow 5* panther and a black oml for it (yes oml is still my bonus hero as I still use him for stuff and really need a red cover for him, once I get one I will change him)

Yeah I lost my first match and I have a champed Prof X. I pulled a champ level for Blade.
Spoit
(Today, 08:21 PM)
Woo, my taco vault has a x-23 red. Time to break the bank (maybe after today's pvp)
komarkaze
(Today, 08:48 PM)
My 4/3/0 Prof X beat Elektra on the first try because I had an insane amount of 5 color matches in the beginning.

Unfortunately all my 4 star cover pickups lately have been Riri, or Spiderwoman covers that have already been maxed.