• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Vert boil
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:53 AM)
Vert boil's Avatar
Released today,



Deformers - 30$, 5.5GB.
--Strands (10 for 3$ up to 100 for 20$)

Race the Sun - 10$, 328MB.

'n Verlore Verstand - 15$, 2.22GB.

New Pre-Order,

Save the Ninja Clan - 3$
(Trial available. 30 mins, unlocks achievements.)
Last edited by Vert boil; 04-21-2017 at 05:25 PM.
U2NUMB
Member
(04-21-2017, 01:05 PM)
U2NUMB's Avatar
Cities Skylines is also out today..

Skylines Xbox One Edition
Agent Icebeezy
Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
(04-21-2017, 01:28 PM)
Agent Icebeezy's Avatar

Originally Posted by U2NUMB

Cities Skylines is also out today..

Skylines Xbox One Edition

Awesome sauce.
eastx
Member
(04-21-2017, 10:34 PM)
eastx's Avatar
Here's my Voodoo Vince Remastered review. A special game for a number of reasons, and Xbox Play Anywhere to boot.

Voodoo Vince Remastered Review [Windows Central]
TheGreenArrow
Junior Member
(04-21-2017, 11:58 PM)
TheGreenArrow's Avatar
Friday the 13th releasing digitally on may 26th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MQFpcWfc9c
Last edited by TheGreenArrow; 04-22-2017 at 12:07 AM.
Brakara
Member
(04-22-2017, 07:47 AM)
Brakara's Avatar

Originally Posted by U2NUMB

Cities Skylines is also out today..

Skylines Xbox One Edition

How does this play with a controller?
Vert boil
Member
(04-22-2017, 08:12 AM)
Vert boil's Avatar
New Pre-Order,

World to the West - 25$
ResidentDante
Member
(04-22-2017, 09:05 AM)
ResidentDante's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fortinbras

They're shit. Unfortunately.

If you want to buy these you should buy the PS4 or Switch versions because they're much better.

However I'm starting to think this could be a dashboard/OS problem because the Disney Collection has the exact same issues and again, only on Xbox:

Random stutter and sound dropping out completely. I'm not talking about the NES slowdowns which are recreated in this collection, I'm talking about additional slowdowns.

It's not as bad as in the ACA games but it's still annoying.

There have been dashboard updates that caused performance problems in games in the past.

Thanks for the heads up!
LandStalker
Junior Member
(04-22-2017, 01:46 PM)
Could someone list all downloadable exclusives for Xbox one? Including ports that have exclusive features like Shovel Knight?
Montresor
Member
(04-22-2017, 07:29 PM)
Montresor's Avatar

Originally Posted by flkraven

Play Abzu and tell me if I should buy it o.o

I'm a bit late for you (since the game is no longer on sale).

But I think the game is a masterpiece.

It is one of the most visually pleasing games I've ever seen. It has an incredible atmosphere, and a staggering variety of bright and colourful environments and wildlife.

Everything in this game looks amazing, whether it's the colourful fish, the splishsplash of the water under a waterfall, the clouds and sky above the surface of the water, or some of the more dark and desolate environments in the big deep blue of the ocean. The graphics and art style in the game are so well polished. Feels like they take Virginia + The Witness visuals and made an underwater exploration game out of it. Only issue is that in some cases, when there are too many fish and other underwater wildlife on screen, the frame rate takes a dive. Not a big deal at all for me though.

I'm floored by Abzu. It was a bit boring initially but I've found that it's incredibly relaxing, and so visually breathtaking that I find myself unable to stop playing this afternoon. I have to keep going, to see the next beautiful setpiece.

I'm giving it a 5/5.
U2NUMB
Member
(04-22-2017, 11:09 PM)
U2NUMB's Avatar

Originally Posted by Brakara

How does this play with a controller?

Really good.... Certainly not as quick as I can edit and work on my PC but it works great for what it is. Gonna enjoy firing this up and slowly working on my city but PC is where you should do any serious city building for sure.

But I certainly do not regret my X1 purchase... its super fun.
tuna_love
Member
(04-23-2017, 01:03 AM)
tuna_love's Avatar

Originally Posted by LandStalker

Could someone list all downloadable exclusives for Xbox one? Including ports that have exclusive features like Shovel Knight?

im positive someone could do that
Vert boil
Member
(04-25-2017, 08:22 AM)
Vert boil's Avatar
Released today,



Outlast 2 - 30$, 18.73GB.

New DLC,

The Walking Dead: A New Frontier
--Episode 4 - 5$

Zheros
--The Forgotten Land - 5$

New Pre-Orders,

Human Fall Flat - 15$ (will rise to 25$)
(includes a copy of Manual Samuel)

Micro Machines World Series - 30$
Last edited by Vert boil; 04-25-2017 at 03:35 PM.
statham
be hot
be naughty
be Xbox
(04-26-2017, 04:18 AM)
statham's Avatar
Zheros
--The Forgotten Land - 5$

really? I hope they improved/fixed on alot of issues then.
Vert boil
Member
(04-26-2017, 08:01 AM)
Vert boil's Avatar
New Pre-Order,

Lethal League - 15$
scarface983
Junior Member
(04-26-2017, 10:28 AM)

Originally Posted by statham

Zheros
--The Forgotten Land - 5$

really? I hope they improved/fixed on alot of issues then.

lol... they should have made it free, for making us suffering through that game play at the beginning. I know they have updated it, but it was horrible when it came out.
BananasWithGuns
Member
(04-26-2017, 10:37 AM)
BananasWithGuns's Avatar
Shame about no discount on Lethal League. Probably still going to grab it though, it looks like a blast.
eastx
Member
(04-26-2017, 11:57 PM)
eastx's Avatar
Here's my review of Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap - only the second game I've given a 5/5. Please check it out

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap review at Windows Central.

Vert boil
Member
(04-27-2017, 08:00 AM)
Vert boil's Avatar
Released today,



ACA NeoGeo: Alpha Mission II - 8$, 192MB.
Montresor
Member
(04-27-2017, 10:50 PM)
Montresor's Avatar

Originally Posted by eastx

Here's my review of Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap - only the second game I've given a 5/5. Please check it out

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap review at Windows Central.

I'll read this review later tonight bruv. Can you let me know the other game you've given 5/5?

I think I'm too generous. I've given loads of XB1 games 5/5 heheheh.
Vert boil
Member
(04-28-2017, 08:16 AM)
Vert boil's Avatar
Released today,



Little Nightmares - 20$, 108MB.

Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom - 9$ (will rise to 10$), 675MB.
(Trial available. No time limit, unlocks achievements.)

New Pre-Order,

Elliot Quest - 15$
Last edited by Vert boil; 04-28-2017 at 11:11 AM.
U2NUMB
Member
(04-28-2017, 05:24 PM)
U2NUMB's Avatar
I pick up my physical Little Nightmares from BB later today.. super excited.
Banjo-Kazooie
Member
(04-28-2017, 06:44 PM)
Banjo-Kazooie's Avatar

Originally Posted by U2NUMB

I pick up my physical Little Nightmares from BB later today.. super excited.

Mine shipped from Amazon, I got the more expensive one that had a figure, which still came out to almost regular price of game itself after Amazon 20% preorder off
U2NUMB
Member
(04-28-2017, 09:15 PM)
U2NUMB's Avatar

Originally Posted by Banjo-Kazooie

Mine shipped from Amazon, I got the more expensive one that had a figure, which still came out to almost regular price of game itself after Amazon 20% preorder off

Right on man.. curious about that figure for sure. As much as I love digital games I LOVE a shelf of games so when they do have versions that I can buy I jump on them.
Montresor
Member
(04-29-2017, 12:09 AM)
Montresor's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vert boil

Released today,



Little Nightmares - 20$, 108MB.

Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom - 9$ (will rise to 10$), 675MB.
(Trial available. No time limit, unlocks achievements.)

New Pre-Order,

Elliot Quest - 15$

New Artifex Mundi game: right in my veins.

Little Nightmares: will get when it's on sale.
Montresor
Member
(04-29-2017, 03:11 PM)
Montresor's Avatar
I got the 1000/1000 in Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom. I'll give it a 3/5. Still a good game for people that love these Hidden Object puzzle games. But this is definitely the weakest game they've put out so far. One thing I really didn't like was the sound - especially the sound effect when selecting an object (to zoom in) and deselecting an object (to zoom back out).

I'd say the following are solid 4/5 titles:

Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart
Nightmares from the Deep 2: The Siren's Call
Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink
Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek
Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood
Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride
Eventide: Slavic Fable

The 2nd most recent title was a 3.5/5:

Dark Arcana: The Carnival

And the most recent in my opinion is a 3/5:

Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom
Banjo-Kazooie
Member
(04-29-2017, 03:25 PM)
Banjo-Kazooie's Avatar

Originally Posted by Montresor

I got the 1000/1000 in Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom. I'll give it a 3/5. Still a good game for people that love these Hidden Object puzzle games. But this is definitely the weakest game they've put out so far. One thing I really didn't like was the sound - especially the sound effect when selecting an object (to zoom in) and deselecting an object (to zoom back out).

I'd say the following are solid 4/5 titles:

Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart
Nightmares from the Deep 2: The Siren's Call
Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink
Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek
Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood
Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride
Eventide: Slavic Fable

The 2nd most recent title was a 3.5/5:

Dark Arcana: The Carnival

And the most recent in my opinion is a 3/5:

Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom

Ya I think I posted on here before that Dark Arcana was their weakest yet. I'll try Lost Grimoires since I need to keep the streak of 1king their collection going lol

Still need to play Enigmatis 2 also, just picked it up last sale...was only one I was missing
Montresor
Member
(04-29-2017, 06:12 PM)
Montresor's Avatar
Just finished the 1000/1000 in Abzu. I mentioned in a previous post that I think this game is a masterpiece and I've given it a 5/5. It's a wonderful experience. A very relaxing underwater exploration game with breathtaking visuals.

One part that blew me away is this section where what seems like 10,000 fish are swimming very rapidly in a mesmerizing circle. Below is a screenshot but it doesn't do it justice. In motion this looks spectacular. And I don't know if my estimate is right either. What's the over/under here? Are there less than 10,000 fish in this circle/whirlpool? More?!?

Fox Mulder
Member
(04-30-2017, 06:07 AM)
Fox Mulder's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vert boil

Released today,



ACA NeoGeo: Alpha Mission II - 8$, 192MB.

I'm sure it runs like shit like the other neo geo games released. Pretty sad.
Guerrilla
Member
(04-30-2017, 06:09 AM)
Guerrilla's Avatar

Originally Posted by Banjo-Kazooie

Ya I think I posted on here before that Dark Arcana was their weakest yet. I'll try Lost Grimoires since I need to keep the streak of 1king their collection going lol

Still need to play Enigmatis 2 also, just picked it up last sale...was only one I was missing

Im thinking about trying my first artifex mundi game, which one is the best?
Banjo-Kazooie
Member
(04-30-2017, 02:43 PM)
Banjo-Kazooie's Avatar

Originally Posted by Guerrilla

Im thinking about trying my first artifex mundi game, which one is the best?

Personally I think Nightmares From the Deep and Enigmatis are both good. Maybe try Nightmares from the Deep (it was also their first game they brought to XB1). If you don't like it then you won't like their other games :P
Chiaroscuro
Member
(04-30-2017, 03:42 PM)
Chiaroscuro's Avatar

Originally Posted by Guerrilla

Im thinking about trying my first artifex mundi game, which one is the best?

Originally Posted by Banjo-Kazooie

Personally I think Nightmares From the Deep and Enigmatis are both good. Maybe try Nightmares from the Deep (it was also their first game they brought to XB1). If you don't like it then you won't like their other games :P

I second this. Enigmatis for the story and very well tied puzzles and Nightmares for the settings (can´t beat ghost pirates!).
Montresor
Member
(04-30-2017, 10:41 PM)
Montresor's Avatar
Finished my first playthrough of Late Shift. It's the FMV / live action game that came out recently. Woooooooooww what an awesome experience hahaha. From the same publisher as The Bunker and sooo much better. The Bunker was frankly an awful game. This one was a lot more fun, interesting, compelling. Only issue was some scenes had stuttering but damn it nails the concept of an interactive movie. Wide beautiful shots of the city at night, great music, cinematography and camera work, great dialogue, and a compelling story.
RedSparrows
Member
(05-01-2017, 03:26 PM)
RedSparrows's Avatar
Sexy Brutale is good, get on it!
VaultBoy101
Member
(05-01-2017, 03:27 PM)
VaultBoy101's Avatar
I've played all the Artifex Mundi games on the console so far, and the last two (Dark Arcana and Lost Grimoires) seem way shorter and easier than all of the previous ones. Disappointing. Hopefully there are more good ones to come.
Guerrilla
Member
(05-01-2017, 06:12 PM)
Guerrilla's Avatar

Originally Posted by Banjo-Kazooie

Personally I think Nightmares From the Deep and Enigmatis are both good. Maybe try Nightmares from the Deep (it was also their first game they brought to XB1). If you don't like it then you won't like their other games :P

Originally Posted by Chiaroscuro

I second this. Enigmatis for the story and very well tied puzzles and Nightmares for the settings (can´t beat ghost pirates!).

I think I'll get on Enigmatis first, Story is king ;) Thanks for the suggestions, I'll post again with my thoughts ;)
Guerrilla
Member
(05-01-2017, 06:14 PM)
Guerrilla's Avatar

Originally Posted by RedSparrows

Sexy Brutale is good, get on it!

Already downloaded but on vacation abroad right now, the tutorial was veeery promising though.
zorbsie
Member
(05-01-2017, 09:56 PM)
zorbsie's Avatar
+1 for Late Shift. Played through it twice this morning and loved it. Got 2 vastly different outcomes and friends watching it mentioned how their playthrough were different as well. It's short and there really isn't much gameplay, but it's a great ride while it lasts.
RedSparrows
Member
(05-02-2017, 12:05 AM)
RedSparrows's Avatar
I also got Voodoo Vince. Eh, why not.

Actually quite like it! Throwback game in a genre i love.
Vert boil
Member
(05-02-2017, 08:02 AM)
Vert boil's Avatar
Released today,



ACA NeoGeo: Last Resort - 8$, 397MB.

ACA NeoGeo: Samurai Shodown - 8$, 215MB.
DeaDPooL_jlp
Member
(05-02-2017, 10:05 AM)
DeaDPooL_jlp's Avatar
Tempted to get the forza horizon 3 expansion pass. Does it ever go on sale or is $35 the cheapest?
compo
Member
(05-02-2017, 12:16 PM)
compo's Avatar
The NeoGeo never stops
Montresor
Member
(05-02-2017, 12:39 PM)
Montresor's Avatar

Originally Posted by RedSparrows

I also got Voodoo Vince. Eh, why not.

Actually quite like it! Throwback game in a genre i love.

Voodoo Vince is _awesome_.

I'm really enjoying it so far.

Are there any other hidden gems like this on the original Xbox? They should remaster a whole bunch of them if possible.

I really love the light-hearted nature of the game. Vince is funny. And it's so refreshing to play this kind of platforming game on Xbox One.
Vert boil
Member
(05-03-2017, 07:58 AM)
Vert boil's Avatar
Released today,



Paladins (Open Beta) - F2P, 6.4GB.

Planetbase - 20$, 651MB.

New Bundle,

Darksiders Fury's Collection - War and Death - 20$ (will rise to 40$)
(Darksiders 1+2)

New Pre-Orders,

Black & White Bushido - 13$

Get Even - 30$
Vert boil
Member
(05-05-2017, 08:12 AM)
Vert boil's Avatar
Released today,




Bit Dungeon Plus - 7$, 375MB.

Dreamfall Chapters - 30$, 18.45GB.

Save the Ninja Clan - 3$, 639MB.
(Trial available. 30 mins, unlocks achievements.)

World to the West - 25$, 3.15GB.

New DLC,

Pure Hold'em
--Macabre Card Deck - 2$

New Pre-Orders,

Butcher - 10$

Demon's Crystals - 5$

Spellspire - 8.50$ (will rise to 10$)
Last edited by Vert boil; 05-05-2017 at 10:37 PM.
eastx
Member
(05-05-2017, 11:49 AM)
eastx's Avatar
Flatout 4 is finally out in North America! See my review for more details.

Flatout 4 - $49.99
Banjo-Kazooie
Member
(05-05-2017, 11:45 PM)
Banjo-Kazooie's Avatar

Originally Posted by Guerrilla

I think I'll get on Enigmatis first, Story is king ;) Thanks for the suggestions, I'll post again with my thoughts ;)

Play it yet? Interested to see your impressions :)
Montresor
Member
(05-07-2017, 02:26 AM)
Montresor's Avatar
Disappointingly, the plot and branching paths in Late Shift don't hold up under scrutiny.

But it doesn't completely crumble... you can just see the little bits of unpolished logic/plot.

Still enjoyed it but I think the most I'll give it is 4/5.
Vert boil
Member
(05-09-2017, 08:15 AM)
Vert boil's Avatar
Released today,



NBA Playgrounds - 20$, 7.96GB.

New Bundle,

Instant Indie Hits - 20$ with Gold
(10 Second Ninja X, Action Henk, Hue, Nova-111, OlliOlli 1, Stealth Inc 2, Stikbold!, The Swapper, The Swindle and Thomas was Alone.)

New Pre-Orders,

Tango Fiesta - 8.50$ (will rise to 10$)

Victor Vran - 20$
--Motörhead: Through the Ages - 12$
--Fractured Worlds - 12$
Last edited by Vert boil; 05-09-2017 at 01:11 PM.
scarface983
Junior Member
(05-09-2017, 10:31 AM)
If anyone plays NBA Playgrounds let me know how it is.. I might buy that and the Hot Wheels expansion for FH3

Thread Tools