• TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Sir_Crocodile
(04-28-2015, 01:30 PM)
Broken Age part 2 today.
Bufbaf
(04-28-2015, 02:31 PM)
STAR WARS day starting early with some fantastic packs.
Mr.FortyFive
(04-28-2015, 02:47 PM)

Originally Posted by Bufbaf

STAR WARS day starting early with some fantastic packs.

This is what I've been waiting for. Take my money, GOG.
mclem
(04-28-2015, 02:51 PM)
Rebel Assault! Jedi Knight! X-WING AND TIE FIGHTER CD-ROMS
Chacranajxy
I paid good money for this Dynex!
(04-28-2015, 03:50 PM)
Oh man, Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy? Awesome.

Not to mention freakin' Ys comes out today.
Catshade
(04-28-2015, 04:02 PM)
*still crossing fingers for Episode 1: Racer*
Chacranajxy
(04-28-2015, 06:07 PM)
Oh shit, Ys is out!
draetenth
(04-29-2015, 12:02 AM)
Nice sales on the Star Wars games. I ended up getting both packs.
mclem
(04-30-2015, 05:24 PM)
I've just had a Galaxy alpha invite drop into my inbox. Looks genuine at a cursory glance, but I'll take a closer look later. Not quite sure *why* I got one (although I do have a *large* GoG collection, that might be a factor), but hey. Others might want to check theirs.
Last edited by mclem; 04-30-2015 at 05:26 PM.
cptodin
(05-01-2015, 09:27 AM)

Originally Posted by mclem

I've just had a Galaxy alpha invite drop into my inbox. Looks genuine at a cursory glance, but I'll take a closer look later. Not quite sure *why* I got one (although I do have a *large* GoG collection, that might be a factor), but hey. Others might want to check theirs.

I got one as well. Seems legit. Used the code on the site, then read in the forums that Linux will be supported at a later date…

Also this should be relevant:

3) Please, please, please refrain from posting screenshots, reviews or first impressions, both on our forums or elsewhere, as this is not the final product and many changes will still be made.

More here!
ricki42
(05-01-2015, 12:08 PM)

Originally Posted by cptodin

I got one as well. Seems legit. Used the code on the site, then read in the forums that Linux will be supported at a later date…

Got one as well, will have to wait for the Linux version as well. It might be coming soon-ish, though, since they already added the Mac version.
Mr.FortyFive
(05-01-2015, 01:53 PM)
Stealth Bastard Deluxe Complete and Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones are both up for sale. Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones Deluxe Edition includes both games so you get both games for $16 rather than $25 if you bought them separately.

Seems like Activision's entire GOG catalog is 60% off for the weekend promo as well.
Last edited by Mr.FortyFive; 05-01-2015 at 06:17 PM.
Roberto Larcos
(05-01-2015, 05:04 PM)
What are the best grand strategy games that stay interesting on GOG? Needs to be able to run on an i3 Surface Pro 3.
Chacranajxy
(05-02-2015, 08:56 AM)
The GOG Galaxy client is really starting to shape up. It's been updated pretty frequently in the last month or so, and it's to a point where it's actually usable. It's not perfect yet, of course, but I already like using it to manage all my stuff.
Sir_Crocodile
(05-03-2015, 09:21 AM)
fyi indy & the fate of atlantis has been updated with the uncompressed audio - so dosbox would now be able to play it were you so inclined.
Fevaweva
Banned
(05-03-2015, 02:15 PM)
GoG bros, I am going to pre-order The Witcher 3 after finally having enough spare cash to splurge on it...however the extra 5% discount I receive thanks to owning the other 2 games in The Witcher series on Gog isn't being taken off automatically.

Does it come off when I properly buy it or have I encountered a bug with the website?
ricki42
(05-03-2015, 02:26 PM)

Originally Posted by Fevaweva

GoG bros, I am going to pre-order The Witcher 3 after finally having enough spare cash to splurge on it...however the extra 5% discount I receive thanks to owning the other 2 games in The Witcher series on Gog isn't being taken off automatically.

Does it come off when I properly buy it or have I encountered a bug with the website?

I just added it to my cart just to check, and it subtracts the discount automatically. On the main page the game is listed as $53.99 (-10%), as soon as it's in the cart it changes to $47.99 (-20%).
Fevaweva
Banned
(05-03-2015, 02:31 PM)

Originally Posted by ricki42

I just added it to my cart just to check, and it subtracts the discount automatically. On the main page the game is listed as $53.99 (-10%), as soon as it's in the cart it changes to $47.99 (-20%).

Same happened for me. Thanks!
Tizoc
(05-03-2015, 03:03 PM)
Can someone link me to where I can download the Galaxy client? I redeemed my code for it but I can't seem to find it >_>;
ricki42
(05-03-2015, 03:05 PM)

Originally Posted by Tizoc

Can someone link me to where I can download the Galaxy client? I redeemed my code for it but I can't seem to find it >_>;

Should be on your account page with your games.
Tizoc
(05-03-2015, 03:11 PM)

Should be on your account page with your games.

lol found it, seems to be among my older bought/obtained games :P
Catshade
(05-05-2015, 02:55 PM)
New releases: Pacific General and Fantasy General. Both are now published by GOG, strangely.
TheSeks
Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
(05-05-2015, 03:33 PM)
Huh. GoG removed Fallout 1 from the web shelve but it's in the GoG Galaxy Client. WTF?
Catshade
(05-05-2015, 03:38 PM)

Originally Posted by TheSeks

Huh. GoG removed Fallout 1 from the web shelve but it's in the GoG Galaxy Client. WTF?

It's just a bug that has been there for weeks. It will disappear, only to reappear again in a few hours, if not a day.
Last edited by Catshade; 05-05-2015 at 03:42 PM.
Mr.FortyFive
(05-05-2015, 03:46 PM)
Big day for GOG. Their first two published titles and the start of the Galaxy beta. Glad to see Galaxy moving forward and I really hope that the emergence of GOG as a publisher can get some games out of limbo and back onto modern machines.
Sinatar
Official GAF Bottom Feeder
(05-05-2015, 03:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Catshade

New releases: Pacific General and Fantasy General. Both are now published by GOG, strangely.

GOG doing SSI titles?

Gold Box please? Pleasepleaseplease
jvm
Gamasutra.
(05-05-2015, 03:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Sinatar

GOG doing SSI titles?

Gold Box please? Pleasepleaseplease

Oh yes. Let it happen!
draetenth
(05-05-2015, 11:42 PM)
It's kind of funny that GOG Galaxy beta starts today when I just received an invite for the alpha like two days ago. I'm happy that there is finally a way to handle all of the patching instead of constantly checking the account page and downloading new installers.
Dsyndrome
(05-06-2015, 01:50 AM)
Anybody received the Beta install email yet?
Chacranajxy
(05-06-2015, 02:25 AM)

Originally Posted by Dsyndrome

Anybody received the Beta install email yet?

They said the emails would go out in a few days. I'm in the alpha, and haven't had an update, so I guess we just have to wait a bit.

But I'm excited. GOG claims that this will help them support newer games with online components, and I really hope that it does help bring over some titles that might be blocked by the lack of multiplayer backbone.

In any case, though, it's just nice to have a client for my GOG games.
draetenth
(05-06-2015, 02:35 AM)
I just hope the new client can entice some more publishers like Bethesda over. Fallout 3 needs some work to run on modern operating systems. If GOG could entice Bethesda and sell a Fallout 3 that doesn't need tinkering to work on Windows 7 or 8, that could be a big deal.

I wonder if Bethesda is still mad about GOG giving away the old Fallout games for free as a middle finger to Bethesda removing them.
Chacranajxy
(05-06-2015, 02:38 AM)

Originally Posted by draetenth

I just hope the new client can entice some more publishers like Bethesda over. Fallout 3 needs some work to run on modern operating systems. If GOG could entice Bethesda and sell a Fallout 3 that doesn't need tinkering to work on Windows 7 or 8, that could be a big deal.

I wonder if Bethesda is still mad about GOG giving away the old Fallout games for free as a middle finger to Bethesda removing them.

Lol, I was wondering the same thing. Regardless of how obvious of a "fuck you" that was, though, I think Bethesda could get over it if GOG's able to offer them a viable new source of revenue.

Personally, I hope Galaxy makes it feasible for GOG to get stuff like Dark Souls 1 and 2.
Minsc
(05-06-2015, 02:53 AM)
I'm interested in what unusual/different features it offers vs the competition if anything. I didn't explore the alpha too much, but I noticed it will support rolling back to prior installs, which is nice occasionally. At least it will do auto-updating/achievements/playtime tracking, but it'll be neat to see what sort of options are implemented for installing custom games and so forth. Like if you add a bunch of mods to a game, can it backup that customized configuration correctly to save you the trouble of setting everything up the next time you install it, etc.
Chacranajxy
(05-06-2015, 02:55 AM)

Originally Posted by Minsc

I'm interested in what unusual/different features it offers vs the competition if anything. I didn't explore the alpha too much, but I noticed it will support rolling back to prior installs, which is nice occasionally. At least it will do auto-updating/achievements/playtime tracking, but it'll be neat to see what sort of options are implemented for installing custom games and so forth. Like if you add a bunch of mods to a game, can it backup that customized configuration correctly to save you the trouble of setting everything up the next time you install it, etc.

Crossplay between GOG and Steam is the most interesting thing to me, at least. I'm not used to games playing nicely between ecosystems.
Dsyndrome
(05-07-2015, 02:29 AM)
I've been on GOG a 1000 days since the end times 1666 days to be exact. Looking forward to trying out the Beta way more than the Alpha to see the progress and such for myself. Just need that download email now!
ricki42
(05-07-2015, 02:09 PM)
New releases:
Star Trek: 25th Anniversary (Linux, Mac, Windows)
Star Trek: Judgment Rites (Linux, Mac, Windows)
Star Trek: Starfleet Academy (Windows)

I've never played any of them, but anything Star Trek has my interest; is 25th Anniversary good?
Sinatar
Official GAF Bottom Feeder
(05-07-2015, 02:12 PM)

New releases:
Star Trek: 25th Anniversary (Linux, Mac, Windows)
Star Trek: Judgment Rites (Linux, Mac, Windows)
Star Trek: Starfleet Academy (Windows)

I've never played any of them, but anything Star Trek has my interest; is 25th Anniversary good?

Wuuuuuuuutttt!!!!

25th Anniversary and Judgement Rites are both absolutely fantastic.

Starfleet Academy isn't great, but the sequel Klingon Academy is god tier, hopefully they get that one.
Entropia
No One Remembers
(05-07-2015, 03:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Catshade

Fantasy General just got added on Tuesday?!? I went on GOG Today and saw it on the main page and was like "OMG When did this get added?!"

I've spent SO much time playing that game as a kid.
Chacranajxy
(05-07-2015, 06:35 PM)
I'd like to see the Elite Force games get re-released. Apart from those, though, I don't have any particular interest in Star Trek.
Shadow Hog
(05-07-2015, 08:28 PM)
Clearly we need Star Trek: Borg, because Q.

Seconding Elite Force, though. Never did get Elite Force 2, which is a shame since it's more TNG-related (well, post-Nemesis IIRC) than Voyager-related, and I certainly like TNG more than Voyager. Still, Elite Force was awesome regardless of which show it was based on.

Maybe they'll go really obscure and shoot for that FPS MicroProse made based on Star Trek: Generations?
Henchmen21
(05-08-2015, 07:57 AM)

Originally Posted by Shadow Hog

Clearly we need Star Trek: Borg, because Q.

Seconding Elite Force, though. Never did get Elite Force 2, which is a shame since it's more TNG-related (well, post-Nemesis IIRC) than Voyager-related, and I certainly like TNG more than Voyager. Still, Elite Force was awesome regardless of which show it was based on.

Maybe they'll go really obscure and shoot for that FPS MicroProse made based on Star Trek: Generations?

I'm hoping for "A Final Unity"
NingenJanai
(05-08-2015, 08:25 AM)
I'm hoping they eventually do a Star Trek pack.
ricki42
(05-08-2015, 01:14 PM)
Nordic Returns , Nordic Games are back on GOG (after they left last summer/fall if I remember correctly). 75% off weekend promo.
Nikodemos
(05-08-2015, 05:53 PM)

Nordic Returns , Nordic Games are back on GOG (after they left last summer/fall if I remember correctly). 75% off weekend promo.

Aw yiss. Hopefully they bring their latest Spellforce 2 expansion (Faith in Destiny) to GOG. It's the only missing part in the Spellforce series.
Fox318
HE HATE ME

World's #1 Los Angeles XTREME fan.
(05-09-2015, 07:51 PM)

Originally Posted by NingenJanai

I'm hoping they eventually do a Star Trek pack.

Kind surprised they don't have a bundle where you save a buck or 2
Mr.FortyFive
(05-11-2015, 02:43 PM)
The new account/library is live on the website and pre-load for The Witcher 3 is now available on Galaxy. I'm getting the same download speeds I do on Steam so it seems their servers are fairing well. The Witcher franchise is on sale as well.
Last edited by Mr.FortyFive; 05-11-2015 at 03:48 PM.
Mr.FortyFive
(05-11-2015, 03:24 PM)
Holy shit. Saints Row 2, Saints Row: The Third, Metro: Last Light Redux, Darksiders 1+2. are out on GOG, and they claim to have fixed Saint's Row 2 to work on modern PCs. SR2 was one of my favorite games from last gen and it broke my heart to see the PC released so botched.
Catshade
(05-11-2015, 03:30 PM)
Interesting trivia: Saints Row 2 PC port was originally done by none other than CDPR themselves.
Omega
Banned
(05-11-2015, 03:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Mr.FortyFive

Holy shit. Saints Row 2, Saints Row: The Third, Metro: Last Light Redux, Darksiders 1+2. are out on GOG, and they claim to have fixed Saint's Row 2 to work on modern PCs. SR2 was one of my favorite games from last gen and it broke my heart to see the PC released so botched.

Is someone willing to test this out? SR2 was probably my favorite SR.

Tried the steam version and wanted to throw my PC away that's how bad it was
Chacranajxy
(05-11-2015, 03:56 PM)
Oh man, I've always wanted to play Last Light. Absolutely buying that. Glad to see a genuinely interesting game coming out of that Deep Silver deal.

Also on the fence about Darksiders 1 and 2. Not sure if they're actually that good.