• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like all digital PSP / PSone games work on Vita now [Not Anymore]

So, now I can play, natively on my Vita:

Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Plus, I can play Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeros and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain through Remote Play. If Sony were to make Guns of the Patriots and Rising available on PlayStation Now, you could play the entire franchise on a Vita!

Darknight

This is what Sony should of done:

HEY VITA USERS, WE HEARD YOU LOUD AND CLEAR! YOU CAN NOW PLAY ALL PSP AND PS1 GAMES INCLUDING CRASH & SPYRO.....

...SO NOW TO THANK YOUR PATIENCE HERE IS A $0.99 SALE OF ALL THOSE CLASSICS NOW PLAYABLE ON VITA.

LOVE,
SHU OUT!!!

PS: NEOGAF OWES ME SOME!!!

But no. Yup. Fuck.

jackal27

Banned
WAIT. Does this mean that I'll actually be able to buy Phantasy Star Portable, Brave Story and others!?

Or are they only available for people who already own them?

Armaly

Anyone try transferring the games over using a ps3? Nothing shows up under content manager for me but I can download them from the vita store just fine.

This includes

SEGA_Genesis_Collection.jpg

$9.99, 28 games.

I'm no longer mad about not buying the crash games in that flash sale because of this and the Capcom collections.

sensui-tomo

Metal Gear
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3

Plus, I can play Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeros and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain through Remote Play. If Sony were to make Guns of the Patriots and Rising available on PlayStation Now, you could play the entire franchise on a Vita!

technically you can play mgs 4 and rising on the vita through remote play via a CFW ps3 (did that with dmc collection when i had my cfw ps3)
plus you forgot VR missions, which i still need to get to playing.

Nyoro SF

Metal Gear
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3

God damn

I already own the Legacy Collection though lol

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I never knew Brave Story was ever available as a download to begin with. Dammit, I wish I had gotten that before it was delisted.

Damn my insistence on not rebuying digital games I already own physically.

Wait, as in the entire library was put on PSN and now works, or stuff that was released initially for PSP now works?

i.e., does Crisis Core work?

I need to know about crisis core for eu preferably.

Edit. My stupidly of course square would not put it up. Does dissidia work?

I don't understand how this happens out of nowhere all of a sudden. There wasn't an update or anything. Someone using science explain.

Someone at SCEA leaned against a giant "make everything compatible" button.

Until SCEA says something about it this is the only logical conclusion I can arrive at using several scientific disciplines.

Xis

Megaton!

I can now download the 10 titles I couldn't before:

Bloons (bleh)
Capcom Classics Collection Remi
Dracula: Undead Awakening
Pac-Man Championship Edition (yay!)
Rock Band Unplugged Lite
SEGA Genesis Collection
Syphon Filter: Combat Ops (bleh)
Spyro: Year of the Dragon
Twisted Metal: Head-On
WipEout Pure

Plus, add-ons for some of my other games work now!

injurai

Banned
Someone at SCEA leaned against a giant "make everything compatible" button.

Until SCEA says something about it this is the only logical conclusion I can arrive at using several scientific disciplines.

Too bad someone didn't lean on the "market the vita's value" button.

CLEEK

I don't understand how this happens out of nowhere all of a sudden. There wasn't an update or anything. Someone using science explain.

It's just a backend change. No change to the Vita firmware needed. Games would be flagged in the store database as whether they're Vita compatible or not. Any games flagged as incompatible couldn't be downloaded.

They've just flagged EVERYTHING as compatible now.

If there was no firmware, then either the updated emulator is in the wrapper, as in you download it with the game. Or it was fixed in the last firmware update, and they only just flipped the switch at the store.

My bet is on the latter.

co1onel

If there was no firmware, then either the updated emulator is in the wrapper, as in you download it with the game. Or it was fixed in the last firmware update, and they only just flipped the switch at the store.

My bet is on the latter.

Nothing ever needed to be updated. These games always worked on the Vita as shown by hacked vitas, they just weren't available on the store.

My bet is on the latter.

I also believe the latter because I just bought silent hill 2 days ago and it wouldn't let me download it directly to the Vita.

Top Bottom