• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Switch developer information leaked. Reveals A TON incl. hardware specs

Ohhh, was hoping the Switch would have themes. Nice to see that's a possibility. Wonder if it'll get something like Badge Arcade as well.

It was really stupid how people got mad when several people pointed out that it would be too much of a coincidence for that picture to be a fake.

Well yeah, if you actually got mad, that's stupid. But I'm actually referring to AtomicShroom's habit of acting like he's been persecuted in every Switch thread he's posted in. Mainly by claiming everyone swore the Switch would be a portable PS4 and he was proven to be the hero none of us deserved by denying this reality (not true, as almost no one thought Switch would even come close to approaching PS4 specs....most assumed it would be a decent bit more powerful than a stock Wii U....which it is).

mario_O

But the left column means the hardware supports it. The right column is what Nintendo limits the console to. Nintendo can update that via firmware presumably.

it doesn't mean that they will update anything. there's a reason why nintendo disabled all those functions.

Scrawnton

So, the biggest game right now must be DQH I-II. Curious if it fits in a 32GB cartridge or it's bigger.
Apparently they cut a lot of textures out for it to fit in a 16gb card. The game allegedly isn't ugly compared to PS4 because of system power, but because square is trying to fit both games in a 16gb card...

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It kind of makes sense to match the screen resolution but JPEG only is lame-o.

Why does it make sense for screenshots to match the handheld screen resolution when the console can do 1080p in TV mode? Nintendo does keep claiming it's primarily a home console...

It would be a great launch, but two are ports, Mario was probably in development for Wii U for a year or two then switched over, and I wouldn't even call Splatoon 2 a sequel. So I'd be really concerned if they had nothing in the pipeline for 2018 since we're really just getting Wii U leftovers initially.

How many times is someone going to ignorantly post this?

It's a sequel. It's absolutely not a port. There are major gameplay overhauls going on, including every single special weapon being replaced, there are going to be numerous new weapons and maps, there's going to be an entirely new campaign, etc.

Hattori

Banned
It would be a great launch, but two are ports, Mario was probably in development for Wii U for a year or two then switched over, and I wouldn't even call Splatoon 2 a sequel. So I'd be really concerned if they had nothing in the pipeline for 2018 since we're really just getting Wii U leftovers initially.

(-_-)

bomblord1

Banned
MQNNh3c.png

3Awpm0D.png

U6d6iv7.png

It's a sequel. It's absolutely not a port. There are major gameplay overhauls going on, including every single special weapon being replaced, there are going to be numerous new weapons and maps, there's going to be an entirely new campaign, etc.
Just ignore them, they aren't worth the thought.

z0m3le

Banned
Are these numbers accurate as per the Eurogamer leak? As in calculated FLOPS?

I don't care for people extrapolating with architecture differences or Nvidia VS AMD FLOPS. Raw numbers please.

157gflops undocked and 393gflops docked if eurogamer's clocks are final.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
And people wonder if you have an agenda.

phanphare

Banned

never mind what you would call it, I think I'll take the actual developer's word over yours

The new Splatoon title has finally been announced. Can you tell us again what the idea behind this game is?

It's a proper sequel to Splatoon, as you can see by the ”2" in the name.

http://nintendoeverything.com/splat...ons-mobile-app-usage-graphics-hd-rumble-more/

keep spreading that bs like it's gospel tho

Muninn

Banned
All I want is some decent AA for Switch games. I really hope they can at least pull this off. Even just SMAA in everything is fine. Please do not just let all these games run without AA. It's infuriating.

Lucifon

Same. I emailed Dev support last month asking when Switch stuff would be added to the portal and got a generic, "Future announcements will be posted to the Portal" reply. It's sad that some inconsiderate leaker is providing information before the official release of said information, likely making it harder for indies to get access to any of it (if Nintendo takes notice of this leak and reacts).

If Nintendo would get out ahead of these leaks and actually provide more controlled information about the system leaks like these wouldn't even be necessary. They're massively due a Direct to provide more information but at this rate we're going to find out things through journalists first.

When your argument hinges on you just making shit up outright, maybe you can take a step back.

iswasdoes

No one does this to themselves. Those who are exclusive PS4 or Xbox One owners on GAF want to obsessively compare Switch to their home console because that's what fanboys do. It's the comparison that GAF is interested in, not the specs of the Switch itself. That's the only way they can justify their console of choice / console they develop for, and also justify whatever angle it is they want the conversation to turn into, sometimes to Nintendo's detriment and sometimes to their benefit.

Im not sure. I get what yourse saying but I feel like there is still a sense of people kidding themselves. I was doing it to myself for a bit - I knew its was gonna be a tablet, but I drank the kool aid about some advanced custom Nvidia processor that could produce PS4 pro graphics while still being a viable portable in terms of size and power and price. I guess I wanted, like lots of Nintendo fans want, for them to return to the days where they had an equal footing with the other hardware manufactures

It took a while for me to let that fantasy go. But now we've seen the games its obvious that this is a tricked out tablet that you can connect to the TV, and that is awesome because its nothing like the PS4 I already own.

Hoo-doo

Banned
157gflops undocked and 393gflops docked if eurogamer's clocks are final.

Okay. So a portable Wii-U.

Which by all accounts is going to be a pretty great thing, handheld-wise. From 3DS to this.
The home console part is the part that's lacking though.

Oregano

Yep, that's what we were told. All due to the incredibly expensive price of cartridges.

If you don't mind me asking how big of a game are we talking? Like 16GB or 32GB?

☺️

Where's my tag though?

You probably deserve one at this point.

Why does it make sense for screenshots to match the handheld screen resolution when the console can do 1080p in TV mode? Nintendo does keep claiming it's primarily a home console...

It keeps it consistent regardless of what mode you're operating in. 1080p when docked would sure be nice though.

Effect

This is a time where I would normally use the ignore feature on someone like family_guy. It's not a matter of a difference of opinion, there are plenty of people I disagree with here or frustrate me but willful ignorance on display by him and others on things like this is different.

bomblord1

Banned
The web applet is a browser limited to the principal HTML5 functionality and video playback functionality.
Features

The web applet has the following characteristics.

It can display webpages specified by applications or system applets.
You can customize the functionality by specifying options when you call the applet.
Unlike a normal Internet browser, the user cannot navigate to and display any desired webpage.
You cannot display things like HTML files that are within applications.
Use the offline web applet to display the application's Help in an HTML format. For more information, see 4.9 Offline Web Applet.

How to Operate

The web applet supports both hardware key and tap actions. The details are under discussion.
Software Keyboard

Selecting an element like a text box in a webpage starts the software keyboard. For more information, see 4.3 Software Keyboard Applet.
Restrictions When Creating Content

The web applet does not include the following features.

Saving bookmarks
Tabbing
New webpages open in the current window, even when using options like target_blank and window.open.
Viewing PDFs
Inline playback of video. (The media player starts for viewing videos.)
Internet filtering functionality

Conditions for Pages to Display

Meet the following conditions.

The page is directly relevant to the content of the application.
The content of the page does not deviate from the rating of the application.
It is continuously available.
The page can be displayed and controlled appropriately in the Internet browser.
The administrator of the page authorizes the application to open the page.
Any content to display using the web applet must conform in the application to the Parental Controls Compliance guideline.
A white list is used to permit the viewing of only pages that are necessary. A white list is currently being prepared.

Specifications

The following content is supported.
Table 4-4 Web Applet Specifications
Item Description
Web Standards HTML5 CSS
HTTP HTTP1.1/HTTP2.0
Encryption TLS 1.0/1.1/1.2 OCSP
Scripting JavaScript ECMA5.1 (TBD)

Table 4-5 Supported Video Formats
Item Video Format
Container format MP4, m3u8, ts, Webm
Video Codec h.264, VP8, VP9
Audio Codec AAC, Vorbis
Subtitling and Closed Captions  WebVTT

The system literally has an entire fully functioning web browser built in but it can only be called by devs and display whatever single page devs pass to it.

tolkir

Apparently they cut a lot of textures out for it to fit in a 16gb card. The game allegedly isn't ugly compared to PS4 because of system power, but because square is trying to fit both games in a 16gb card...

JP PSN Store says PS3 version sizes are 18.3 GB and 15.2 GB.

If they have some duplicate textures in both games, they should be fit in a 32 GB card. Yep.

bumpkin

If Nintendo would get out ahead of these leaks and actually provide more controlled information about the system leaks like these wouldn't even be necessary. They're massively due a Direct to provide more information but at this rate we're going to find out things through journalists first.
I don't disagree. It's frustrating. I have a game I've been developing with Mac/PC as the target platform, but would jump at the chance to bring it to Switch instead (it's still very early). I can't do that without documentation, an SDK and hardware.

This is a time where I would normally use the ignore feature on someone like family_guy. It's not a matter of a difference of opinion, there are plenty of people I disagree with here or frustrate me but willful ignorance on display by him and others on things like this is different.

Yeah, the ignore feature is a great thing. It's kind of cheap to simply use it on someone you disagree with (I would probably never put Hoo-doo on my list, for example), but there are numerous users on GAF with a clear agenda and aren't actually interested in genuine conversation.

Top Bottom