• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yacht Club Games showing something at The Game Awards - Probably Shovel Knight DLC

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Calling it now:

Spectre Knight Campaign: Spring 2017 (Seen above)
King Knight Campaign: Winter 2017
Genderswap mode that somehow gets it's own campaign: Spring 2018.

I love you, Yacht Club, I really do. But maybe next time around, don't promise the moon.

Yeah, this could get rough.....Plague of Shadows was released on September 17, 2015. Depending on their definition of 'Spring 2017', that's anywhere between 16-20+ months to get to Spectre knight.

However, from the last Spectre Knight post on their website, they did said they were splitting up production on each campaign to lower the distance between campaign releases in the future.

Extremely likely it's just DLC going by their wording but I would love, and I mean love to get a sneak peak at their real next project. After Shovel Knight I'm going to follow this developer forever. The game was that amazingly excellent. I'd love to see Shovel Knight 2 or potentially a Super Shovel Knight using the 16-bit generation as an aesthetic and inspiration.

Also of note is that this Game Awards is shaping up to be the best one yet. So much to look forward to and probably a few surprises still in store. Tomorrow night should be awesome.

Opa-Pa

I thought of Shovel Knight DLC too at first, but... Why would they use an event like this to show off just DLC that we've already seen glimpses of? Especially after that poll months ago.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I thought of Shovel Knight DLC too at first, but... Why would they use an event like this to show off just DLC that we've already seen glimpses of? Especially after that poll months ago.

Perhaps to announce a specific release date. Also, I totally expect this game to end up on Switch, and while I think that announcement is more likely to happen next year, it's possible it could be announced at this event.

Haven't they expressed in the past that the DLC is all they will be working on until it's done?

This is the announcement at the GA that I'm most looking forward to! We'll probably just get a trailer of the upcoming DLC but I'd love to see something out of left field like Shovel Knight 2 being announced. I shall be keeping an eye on GAF later.

Top Bottom