• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

For anyone trying I found it best to stick on the road until you are close to the jump then veer off into the trees on the right side (facing north, towards the jump) and go in between them and on to the jump, minimizing the number of bumps and aiming towards the left side of the ramp.

I tried 10-15 times coming in from the desert on the right and always would lose too much speed, but just coming up the road and going off road at about 100 feet away and I got it in 2-3 tries (using rewind to adjust heading), 557 feet so still pretty close. I was going in at 140 mph when I hit the jump.

KRaZyAmmo

For anyone trying I found it best to stick on the road until you are close to the jump then veer off into the trees on the right side (facing north, towards the jump) and go in between them and on to the jump, minimizing the number of bumps and aiming towards the left side of the ramp.

I tried 10-15 times coming in from the desert on the right and always would lose too much speed, but just coming up the road and going off road at about 100 feet away and I got it in 2-3 tries (using rewind to adjust heading), 557 feet so still pretty close. I was going in at 140 mph when I hit the jump.

I barely got the car over the 3 star by like 1.75 ft lol I used the road until I got near the jump.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
After three hours of trying the stupid airport danger sign, I went to the auction house and bought the Huracan HE for 980.000. Boy, was I annoyed by that challenge.

mclem

I didn't get a chance to play the Forzathon when I was intending to, so I only managed to get on late at night to have a few goes at the sign. Fortunately Don Joewon Song came through for me with a tune that was good enough - after an adequate runup, a few rewinds got me a clear enough launch.

Interestingly, though, I didn't *strictly* do it; the target distance in metres was 168m, and I did something like 167.78. I'm assuming that internally the target is in feet, and rounding differences make that show up as 168 in metres, whereas 167.78 would be far enough in feet?

LoveCake

Sorry man. Bright side is you should be able to pick up a Huracan for cheap in the auction house now :)

They are going very cheap now :( I wish I had sold mine last month now, what I said then was wrong.

I am going to hold the one I had for a while and see if it picks up.

Won a BAC Mono HE just now, it's in the auction if anyone is interested (start bid will be fine) and you should win it with that.

SHIT. I forgot to do the jump last night. FUCK.

Wish I was able to gift it to you, you could have it gratis. (any GAF member could).

Mohasus

Game is stuck saving after I bought some new parts for this week's Porsche.

Time to close the game and see if it will corrupt my save data.

YOLO.

edit: save data is fine.

mclem

I wish it didn't try to herd me off to do events

The most irritating is when I'm working on a PR stunt and she chimes in and sends the waypoint to a nearby race. Probably shouldn't trigger that feature if you've hit a PR stunt in the last few minutes.

So the 911 Turbo S requires getting three stars in a Speed Zone in an Extreme Track Toy car. Any ideas on how to do this?

A maxed out Zonda R can do it easily.

A stock Zonda R too. Just stick to asphalt, get a good run-up and you'll be fine.

If you max out a Sesto Elemento that should work fine too, maybe even better given the absurd amount of downforce the thing has.

I'm not sure if it's true or not, but just bear in mind: from what I've seen on Reddit, and from the title of the challenge itself, I believe it has to be an extreme track toy with some kind of forced induction. I've seen people reporting that the Sesto Elemento doesn't count even though it's in the right class, so something like the Zonda likely won't either as it's also N/A. Not sure if conversions would count.

My advice is to use the Ultima GTR 1020 (or an upgraded 720 if you don't have VIP). It's in the right class, has forced induction, and has absurd downforce. I managed the challenge first try on the speed zone near the Yarra Valley festival. I don't remember the name but it's a sweeping road that only needs 130MPH avg to 3-star.

I'm not sure if it's true or not, but just bear in mind: from what I've seen on Reddit, and from the title of the challenge itself, I believe it has to be an extreme track toy with some kind of forced induction. I've seen people reporting that the Sesto Elemento doesn't count even though it's in the right class, so something like the Zonda likely won't either as it's also N/A. Not sure if conversions would count.

My advice is to use the Ultima GTR 1020 (or an upgraded 720 if you don't have VIP). It's in the right class, has forced induction, and has absurd downforce. I managed the challenge first try on the speed zone near the Yarra Valley festival. I don't remember the name but it's a sweeping road that only needs 130MPH avg to 3-star.

Worked for me with a Zonda R.

Castaway

I'd guess the achievement is just glitched.

heads up: The following cars Do Not work with the challenge #Forzathon Forced Induction:

Lamborghini Sesto Elemento
Ferrari 599XX
#7 M-Sport Bentley Continental GT3
#17 Xbox Racing Ford Falcon FG X
F-TYPE Project 7 Horizon Edition
F-TYPE Project 7 Preorder Car

ALL other cars in the Extreme Track Toys filter work. Used the Zonda R, popped immediately.

ElNino

I did it with the Ultima without much trouble on a Speed Zone near the coast (where you get to the Hotwheels Expansion).

LoveCake

I did it with my S2 [998] Zonda R on the City Half-Pipe speedzone easy.

Fox Mulder

heads up: The following cars Do Not work with the challenge #Forzathon Forced Induction:

Ferrari 599XX

ALL other cars in the Extreme Track Toys filter work. Used the Zonda R, popped immediately.

The fxxk didn't work for me either.

zorbsie

Good races today B1G_A1an. Glad you jumped in. If anyone sees me in an online race feel free to hop in. More gaffers in a race the better.

Pakoe

Gold Member

Ferrari 599XX

Thank you. I was wondering why my F-TYPE didn't do the job.

dLMN8R

I think I've asked this before but I don't recall the answer, so sorry for the repeat if so....

...For any ordinary race or championship events in Forza Horizon 3 and its expansions, will my opponents always have a car in class similar to whatever I pick?

Meaning, can I put myself at a disadvantage simply because of the car I choose to use for a particular race?

Or, should it always be feasible to achieve 1st/2nd place with any car, as long as I'm a good enough driver?

So far here they have been similar, but the game is not hard. You have to use a really bad setup to lose, even stock ones are fine, just don't mess anything up. (Talking about my experience playing on Unbeatable)

Drive your favorite car and be free.

rrs

Meaning, can I put myself at a disadvantage simply because of the car I choose to use for a particular race?
isn't the PI system supposed to stop this from happening to an extent? Certain cars have a better zoom/turning ratio for a track than others; and on harder difficulties having to swap car/tune to suit the track to get an edge to win could be interesting mechanic

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan

I have the Ultima 1020. Will try the Yarra Valley one and see if it works.

Best progression in the series hands down. The duel you do against each wristband level's end boss is amazing. Great sense of commitment and achievement that sadly were never there in its sequels.

They should've kept that with the Midnight Battles, those were a letdown. Way too short and easy.

Lima

Best progression in the series hands down. The duel you do against each wristband level's end boss is amazing. Great sense of commitment and achievement that sadly were never there in its sequels.

d1q3p.jpg

For the record, the FT challenge which asks you to complete an online adventure requires doing a full one. You can't join one midway and get the reward once it's finished.

Thanks Petran btw, good fun racing with you while working towards that reward. Sorry I had to bail.

LoveCake

Good races today B1G_A1AN. Glad you jumped in. If anyone sees me in an online race feel free to hop in. More gaffers in a race the better.

Yes :D

My thing seems to be that I see that somebody else is on just as I am finishing, like yesterday, but I had time so I stayed on for that entire event.

For the record, the FT challenge which asks you to complete an online adventure requires doing a full one. You can't join one midway and get the reward once it's finished.

Thanks Petran btw, good fun racing with you while working towards that reward. Sorry I had to bail.

I think it was Petran I was racing with the yesterday with Zorbsie, I must have missed you RamaTheVoice by not very much.

I wonder when the Lambo HE will go back up in price? :(

maeh2k

I think I've asked this before but I don't recall the answer, so sorry for the repeat if so....

...For any ordinary race or championship events in Forza Horizon 3 and its expansions, will my opponents always have a car in class similar to whatever I pick?

Or, should it always be feasible to achieve 1st/2nd place with any car, as long as I'm a good enough driver?

I don't usually check what cars the AI is driving, but it certainly feels that way. I usually max out the performance level within a class, so I'm not sure if you might be at a serious disadvantage if you choose a car at the very bottom of a performance class.

Of course you can still put yourself at a disadvantage if you e.g. choose some track car in an offroad race.

LoveCake

I don't usually check what cars the AI is driving, but it certainly feels that way. I usually max out the performance level within a class, so I'm not sure if you might be at a serious disadvantage if you choose a car at the very bottom of a performance class.

Of course you can still put yourself at a disadvantage if you e.g. choose some track car in an offroad race.

If you are in a [A] 800 class race in a 750 rated car you won't get AI cars that are higher than 750, the AI cars are always equal or below your cars rating.

In Forza Motorsport 6 there was a car pack that was released and one of the cars was a [S1] rating but due to a bug it was an AI car in a [A] or (one of the lower classes anyway) and it was impossible to beat, it did get patched after a week or so though.

Top Bottom