• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Cornbread78

Speaking of VNs on Vita...

Any more news on Clannad, Rewrite, Planetarian, Fruit of Grisaia and/or Little Busters being imported?

Shizuka

Speaking of VNs on Vita...

Any more news on Clannad, Rewrite, Planetarian, Fruit of Grisaia and/or Little Busters being imported?

Fruit of Grisaia will probably come out late this year or the next. Clannad is likely, but we still don't know if it's being published in the West or if they'll can the english build they had. The rest will depend on VisualArts/Key publishing Clannad and enjoying the results.

Cornbread78

Fruit of Grisaia will probably come out late this year or the next. Clannad is likely, but we still don't know if it's being published in the West or if they'll can the english build they had. The rest will depend on VisualArts/Key publishing Clannad and enjoying the results.

I guess it's going to be sit and wait mode for awhile now on those...

I mean, they just need to be translated on Vita and then imported to NA/EU (I'd even take straight PSN releases) Hopefully, the Vita is still a viable option in the west for them to appear.

I guess it's going to be sit and wait mode for awhile now on those...

I mean, they just need to be translated on Vita and then imported to NA/EU (I'd even take straight PSN releases) Hopefully, the Vita is still a viable option in the west for them to appear.

They don't need to be translated for the Vita as all of those games are being localized for the West on the PC. It'll probably be too late for Vita releases of Little Busters and Rewrite to be viable for localization though.

Cornbread78

They don't need to be translated for the Vita as all of those games are being localized for the West on the PC. It'll probably be too late for Vita releases of Little Busters and Rewrite to be viable for localization though.

Dammit, I will create a random Twitter rant and get the people behind me! It was discussed on and off for the past couple years, but still nothing. I'll just take low investment PSN releases... c'mon..

Shizuka

I'll be happy if we get the Vita ports promised in past Kickstarter campaigns this year. Muv Luv, Sharin no Kuni, the Grisaia trilogy and the other Sekai Project titles.

Shizuka

Eastasiasoft is planning another physical release after Söldner-X 2. No collaboration with LRG. Another Vita game?

eastasiasoft ‏@eastasiasoft 2 min.
Our next physical release is currently slated for April. We will have more details soon...

https://twitter.com/eastasiasoft/status/817182665270923264

eastasiasoft ‏@eastasiasoft 35 sec.
It will be a licensed title, not a reprint of one of our games...

https://twitter.com/eastasiasoft/status/817183841177649152

Are they supposed to be acting as a LRG of sorts for that April title?

Some more stuff from the comments:

eastasiasoft ‏@eastasiasoft 1 min
@irishnerd47 Rainbow Skies won't be ready in April, it will probably come this summer. Physical potentially few months later.

And on the title for April:

~~~Oldmaru~~~ ‏@oldmario 21 min
@eastasiasoft is this title already out in japan?

eastasiasoft ‏@eastasiasoft 3 min
@oldmario No

Eastasiasoft published Bard's Gold for Asia:

http://www.eastasiasoft.com/index.p...ard-s-gold-launching-in-asia-on-december-15th

Obviously not this since its out in Japan, but I'd expext something like that - an indie title where they're handling eastern publishing duties.

This is actually a pretty interesting turn of events. EAS encroaching on LRG's space now? Doug did say that they teach the devs how to press their own games should they ever want to, which is what they're doing for Soldner.

I'd guess EAS' and LRG's relationship is done now and they'll handle all their own physical releasea going forward.

Shizuka

Some more stuff from the comments:

eastasiasoft ‏@eastasiasoft 1 min
@irishnerd47 Rainbow Skies won't be ready in April, it will probably come this summer. Physical potentially few months later.

And on the title for April:

~~~Oldmaru~~~ ‏@oldmario 21 min
@eastasiasoft is this title already out in japan?

eastasiasoft ‏@eastasiasoft 3 min
@oldmario No

It's most likely another asian, non-japanese title.

Quixzlizx

Only Nintendo-published games. The rest are up to the ESRB just like with Sony. Tons of censored Vita and PS4 games out there.

There aren't tons of censored Vita and PS4 games out there.

In fact, the only ones I'm aware of are games that have been completely banned on GAF :lol

Clive

There aren't tons of censored Vita and PS4 games out there.

In fact, the only ones I'm aware of are games that have been completely banned on GAF :lol
There are lots of them and more releasing all the time. Tales of Berseria is up next. There are almost no censored third party games on Nintendo consoles while there are lots/many/tons on PS consoles.

Some with altered contents are Tales of Berseria, Street Fighter V, God Eater 2/Resurrection and a handful of Vita games. There are also many instances with "altered cover art" which is for the ESRB. They are the "crook" here, not Nintendo.

There are lots of them and more releasing all the time. Tales of Berseria is up next. There are almost no censored third party games on Nintendo consoles while there are lots/many/tons on PS consoles.

Some with altered contents are Tales of Berseria, Street Fighter V, God Eater 2/Resurrection and a handful of Vita games. There are also many instances with "altered cover art" which is for the ESRB. They are the "crook" here, not Nintendo.
Was God Eater 2 even censored? I heard that Resurrection removed a blood splatter effect to get it down to the same T rating as GE2, because otherwise it couldn't be bundled as a preorder bonus.

Also, you speak as if there are "lots/many/tons" of third party games being localized on Nintendo consoles in the first place.

Also, you speak as if there are "lots/many/tons" of third party games being localized on Nintendo consoles in the first place.

It never ceases to amaze me how fast discussions involving Nintendo consoles get derailed by ill-informed people (some people would say "trolls" even). Time and again... like clockwork almost.

Taking a look at these numbers, the NES saw 72 games released in the United States by Nintendo, with a further 590 games coming from third parties. The SNES breakdown was 52/667, the N64 was 53/244, the GameCube had 48/504 and the Wii a staggering 55/1206.

Now to the Wii U. To date Nintendo has released 39 games in the US, while third parties have released just 118. It's important to note that the Wii U figure doesn't include games (like indie titles) that were only released digitally.

Source: http://kotaku.com/the-wii-u-has-no-games-a-study-1784419013

Quixzlizx

I guess you're mad due to console wars, but Nintendo is the publisher who releases games in Japan and then self-censors the games for western markets, which is what my point was. So whomever I originally responded to probably doesn't have to worry about NISA censoring a Switch game. And Nintendo self-censors cover art as well, like they did with Bravely Default

And I thought Street Fighter V was changed in all regions due to fan backlash.

Clive

Was God Eater 2 even censored? I heard that Resurrection removed a blood splatter effect to get it down to the same T rating as GE2, because otherwise it couldn't be bundled as a preorder bonus.

I don't think God Eater 2 was censored in itself. There are many third party games being localized for the 3DS. Not that this has to do with anything. Nintendo does not censor what they do not publish and that is what the discussion is about.

Of course the reason you see more censorship on PS consoles because they get more localized games. Why doesn't anyone attack Sony for this? Because it's not their fault just like third party censorship on Nintendo consoles isn't Nintendo's fault. Nintendo does however get attacked for it like above. A NIS(A) game is implied to get censored in America because it (hypothetically) is for a Nintendo console.

i-Jest

Off topic but today I was able to get Tales of Hearts R and found out the Vita Browser can run YouTube Video. I was pleasantly surprised the browser still had some relevant use. Gonna try to get Operation Abyss and Demon Gaze next, before they become next to impossible to track.

Vita means life and mine is still kicking strong.

incpdo

So I purchased the PSP Sega Genesis Collection via the PSN store...is there any way to get this onto my Vita without a PS3?
I don't think so . But check the download list from your vita to see if it's "available". Officially apart from that way there is no other way . I think you probably will need to put some cfw in your vita and use a modified version of the content manager.

I don't think so . But check the download list from your vita to see if it's "available". Officially apart from that way there is no other way . I think you probably will need to put some cfw in your vita and use a modified version of the content manager.

Fortunately I was able to get my hands on a PS3 & make it happen. The Genesis games look amazing on the OLED, the sound emulation's not perfect but overall totally worth it. I may finally finish Phantasy Star II after all these years, never come across a better medium for it.

Another new year, another potential Vita port cancelled. Siralim 2 on the ropes:

http://thylacinestudios.com/forums/announcements/happy-new-year!-2016-retrospective/

Work on Siralim 2 is coming to an end now, with only some bug/crash fixes left in the pipeline along with a Playstation 4 and possible Xbox One release. The game might also work its way to PS Vita at some point, but the fact is, Vita is pretty much dead and it's incredibly difficult to optimize the game for such a weak device anyway.

At least it's a "maybe" rather than a "no", but I hope this isn't like last January where a number of games I was really looking forward to are canned.

Lol @ "it's incredibly difficult to optimize the game for such a weak device anyway".

This is one of the reasons that gets me a bit worried about LRG's plans to get some developers to port their games to Vita when "the proceedings of the limited run cover the porting costs". Optimizing games for the system takes time (ergo money), so I fear they might end up releasing quite a number of shoddy ports.

spannicus

Another new year, another potential Vita port cancelled. Siralim 2 on the ropes:

http://thylacinestudios.com/forums/announcements/happy-new-year!-2016-retrospective/

At least it's a "maybe" rather than a "no", but I hope this isn't like last January where a number of games I was really looking forward to are canned.
This is how i feel about all the telltale games that were supposedly coming to the vita in that sony e3 slide show. Hopefully we get crossing souls.

Powwa

And nothing of value was lost.

Nobody told me that Grand Kingdom was such an addicting game, probably one of the most enjoyable experiences on Vita for me this year.

Top Bottom