• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

demonkaze

Just got stung trying to buy 3600 credits (year 1 ops + the 2 new ones) just before the servers went down. Got charged and didn't receive any at all!

TCRS

Banned
Anyone else having issues with the servers on ps4? since the update yesterday I keep getting server connection errors and am constantly kicked out of games.

e: forwarded another couple of ports, now it's working.

Auctopus

There's a glitch in Coastline where a player can get inside a bar and shoot outwards but be unseen to other players/invincible (similar to the University stairs glitch). I just died to it.

Hello guys, I just bought the game yesterday and today tried my first multiplayer match after doing the solo missions. I feel like I'm missing EVERYTHING. I have no idea on what to do, what to reinforce and what operators to pick. Is there any basic tip to learn how to start?

andycapps

Hello guys, I just bought the game yesterday and today tried my first multiplayer match after doing the solo missions. I feel like I'm missing EVERYTHING. I have no idea on what to do, what to reinforce and what operators to pick. Is there any basic tip to learn how to start?

That's normal. I suggest reading the thread for the past couple of pages. Lot of new people jumping in now.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Tbh honest, reinforcing is becoming less and less important. I only do it now in certain legacy areas and to not hear teammates complain. It takes too long and the offense has two operators who can breach it. You rarely have teammates who mute/bandit, and when they do, Thatcher fucks you.

Don't bother. Just drop your gadgets and roam. I'm telling you this as someone who's sick and tired of getting dicked over by the roamers. People are selfish in this game. I've always tried to PTFO but it's too frustrating to take the brunt of the attack and get picked off as they systematically take away all your angles, meanwhile your teammates are who the fuck knows where, and only ever return at the last second -- long after your dead.

Just roam, it's so much easier. Be selfish. Everyone else is.

BPK

Just got the game and am really digging it, although man the learning curve is high.

Anyways, what's the best way to get the Year 1 DLC operators? Is it worth getting all of them or would it be better to grind and spend 25,000 credits on the best two or three?

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member

Conversely, it's so so easy to wreck a team who think its a good idea to abandon entirely the defense point in favor of roaming. Rush point, kill the single defender and just wait for the rest to come stumbling in. Usually a guaranteed win.

That's normal. I suggest reading the thread for the past couple of pages. Lot of new people jumping in now.

Tbh honest, reinforcing is becoming less and less important. I only do it now in certain legacy areas and to not hear teammates complain. It takes too long and the offense has two operators who can breach it. You rarely have teammates who mute/bandit, and when they do, Thatcher fucks you.

Don't bother. Just drop your gadgets and roam. I'm telling you this as someone who's sick and tired of getting dicked over by the roamers. People are selfish in this game. I've always tried to PTFO but it's too frustrating to take the brunt of the attack and get picked off as they systematically take away all your angles, meanwhile your teammates are who the fuck knows where, and only ever return at the last second -- long after your dead.

thanks , what about the operators? Are there some suggested ones?

NHale

thanks , what about the operators? Are there some suggested ones?

If you want to learn camera positions on offense, pick IQ. Her gadget detects cameras, enemies spying on cameras or someone using Pulse ability. It also has one of the best weapons in the game. Ash is also a great operator for beginners because you can play with the minds of the defenders, for example put a breach charge on one end of a building and at the same time use your ability to break a window on the other end from a long distance. This way if the defenders have roamers they might get confused and worried they are being attacked from all the places and they might be careless and move out in the open.

Do not bother picking Blitz. Forget he even exists.

On defense, one of the easier and helpful operators is Rook. As soon as the round starts use your ability of putting down some armor and immediately pick one. Then you can go on your own business. Pulse is also good for a new player, you can use the ping ability to point to our teammates where someone is as soon as you identify him on the heartbeat sensor.

I don't suggest you start roaming as a new player because you don't have the map recognition to know where enemies might be coming from and then use the correct angles to pick them off.

But my biggest suggestion to anyone new to the game is to listen. You can pick so many hints if you just listen to the game audio. You can identify footsteps, enemies breaking windows, breach charges and if you know where the opponent is coming from, you will win 80% of the fights. Also a great learning tool is to watch your teammates play after you die, see who they are using, how they are playing, moving or not around the map and how they react to certain situations and also how they use the operator effectively.

The game has a steep learning curve and it's even greater now for any beginner because of the Season 1 operators being locked (C'mon Ubisoft drop the renown needed to unlock Season 1 operators) but it's a rewarding game even considering you spent more time matchmaking and dead than actually playing.

KodaRuss

I have such a love/hate relationship with this game.

Crashed on me twice last night in the same match.

Was so close to pulling off a 5v1 clutch with Blitz last night as well. 1v1 and Castle hit me with an impact grenade and got my shield in a weird position from it and killed me almost immediately with his sub machine gun.

mf.luder

I have such a love/hate relationship with this game.

Crashed on me twice last night in the same match.

Was so close to pulling off a 5v1 clutch with Blitz last night as well. 1v1 and Castle hit me with an impact grenade and got my shield in a weird position from it and killed me almost immediately with his sub machine gun.

1v5 would be more impressive, just saying.

Auctopus

I have no idea on what to do, what to reinforce and what operators to pick. Is there any basic tip to learn how to start?

I don't always like giving advice 'cause it restricts new players in to finding out about the game themselves and developing their own style. But there are a few things you should be thinking about when starting out...

Reinforced Walls: As Evolved said, reinforced walls are in a weird moment in the "meta" right now. There's multiple operators that can counter them easily but I'd say they're pretty much essential to some degree. As a beginner, the thing you should be thinking is "Am I benefitting my team or endangering them by placing this reinforcement here?" Too many players (including experienced ones) will just coat the walls of the objective room with reinforcements, thinking that it will protect them but in fact what they are doing is making themselves vulnerable. As a Defender, once the reinforcement is up, there is no way for you to break it down. That means that the cards of timing and positioning are firmly in the attacker's hands. For the most part, reinforced walls influence the direction/strategy that the enemy team take. Whilst there are Attackers who can take down reinforced walls, there are far more that can get through non-inforced (not a word) walls. By strategically placing reinforced walls, you are (for the most part) influencing the direction that the enemy team will take and therefore you should have the drop on them (most of the time). If they do decide to take out a re-inforced wall, then you have the benefit of hearing a Thermite or Hibana going off.

Good Beginner Operators:

- Rook (Press R1 at the beginning of the match and you've done more for your team than a lot of players will in a round).
- Thermite (Direct counter to re-inforced walls. If you're careful and aware of your surroundings, you can really put a chink in the enemy's armour that more experienced players can take advantage of).
- Ash (Direct counter to Castles, she has two excellent assault rifles and can teach you a lot about the tactical side of Attacking)
- Twitch (Again, two excellent rifles ((though the DMR might take some practice/timing)) and she can take out gadgets during prep phase such as Jager, Mute and CCTV)

Play the Situations and decide who you feel most comfortable with.

Jb

Anyone else having issues with the servers on ps4? since the update yesterday I keep getting server connection errors and am constantly kicked out of games.

e: forwarded another couple of ports, now it's working.

The servers have been unavailable for me since last night.

It's kind of ridiculous, anyone else having this issue?

TCRS

Banned
winning a 1vs5 feels so good. won once with a second to spare.

The servers have been unavailable for me since last night.

It's kind of ridiculous, anyone else having this issue?

it's been fine since I forwarded those additional ports. here are all the ports forwarded on (for? I have no idea) my ps4:

JOKx0mw.png

nOoblet16

I don't always like giving advice 'cause it restricts new players in to finding out about the game themselves and developing their own style. But there are a few things you should be thinking about when starting out...

Reinforced Walls: As Evolved said, reinforced walls are in a weird moment in the "meta" right now. There's multiple operators that can counter them easily but I'd say they're pretty much essential to some degree. As a beginner, the thing you should be thinking is "Am I benefitting my team or endangering them by placing this reinforcement here?" Too many players (including experienced ones) will just coat the walls of the objective room with reinforcements, thinking that it will protect them but in fact what they are doing is making themselves vulnerable. As a Defender, once the reinforcement is up, there is no way for you to break it down. That means that the cards of timing and positioning are firmly in the attacker's hands. For the most part, reinforced walls influence the direction/strategy that the enemy team take. Whilst there are Attackers who can take down reinforced walls, there are far more that can get through non-inforced (not a word) walls. By strategically placing reinforced walls, you are (for the most part) influencing the direction that the enemy team will take and therefore you should have the drop on them (most of the time). If they do decide to take out a re-inforced wall, then you have the benefit of hearing a Thermite or Hibana going off.

Good Beginner Operators:

- Rook (Press R1 at the beginning of the match and you've done more for your team than a lot of players will in a round).
- Thermite (Direct counter to re-inforced walls. If you're careful and aware of your surroundings, you can really put a chink in the enemy's armour that more experienced players can take advantage of).
- Ash (Direct counter to Castles, she has two excellent assault rifles and can teach you a lot about the tactical side of Attacking)
- Twitch (Again, two excellent rifles ((though the DMR might take some practice/timing)) and she can take out gadgets during prep phase such as Jager, Mute and CCTV)

Play the Situations and decide who you feel most comfortable with.
Please don't pick Thermite as a beginner, if you die then your entire team loses out. Thermite is an important operator and most teams will need one unless your team work and gunplay skills are good enough to circumvent it, and even in those situations Thermite makes any engagement much easier. You are better off picking Jackal as his ability will let you see if enemies have been around recently and also mark them for you and entire team easily but losing Jackal isn't really that detrimental to the team. He also has the most OP gun in the game at the moment. And Ash is good because she can get rid of traps, open line of sight easily and most of all she has the smallest hitbox and is from the fastest operator class making her the hardest operator to hit in the game by far.

Apart from this I'd like to add:

1) One of the best beginner operators is IQ since her ability will allow you to see equipments and cameras which is a BIG BIG help when you don't know the usual placements for them..even when you do know about the placements is extremely good for countering Valkyrie as a good Valkyrie can carry a team hard so countering her is paramount. It also helps that IQ has a very good primary gun too (552 Commando).

2) If you don't like to enter a room and like to peek from window then Blackbeard is a good pick. His shield isn't as good as it used to be but it can still take two bullets which is equal to two lives (and he gets two of those shields) and if you only peek from Windows and small openings (as you should with Blackbeard) you will win 1v1 engagements most of the time.

2) Always drone ahead before going, do it yourself or ask a teammate. If you are playing as Jackal then you don't need to drone as much and the only time you would really want to drone while playing as him is when you first enter the building.

3) Use Acog sights for every single gun where it's possible to use Acog, you want most of your engagements mid to long range unless you have a shotgun and Acog will help you do that and also allow you to expose yourself much less due to distance.

4) Only reinforce the outer walls, the only times you would want to reinforce an inner wall is if you are taking cover next to a wall that can be breached. When I say outer wall I mean walls that are the outermost part of the house that surround the objective room.

5) If playing bombs then NEVER reinforce the walls between the two bombs, infact if you have a shotgun or a grenade then blow up the walls between the two bombs so that you get line of sight and also open movement between the two objectives. If you don't have a bomb then someone else will probably open it.

6) Sometimes (when defending) it's better to blow up every single wall in a room even if it means leaving the objective room completely open. A prime example of where this should be done is the Kids room in the map House. If you reinforce the walls there or even let the walls stay up then you can't see what's going on inside that room. However if you blow up all the possible walls then you'll get direct line of sight into the room from different parts of the house making it far more riskier for attackers to get in despite the objective room having no one inside and no reinforcements.

7) If you have a hatch above objective room then it doesn't always mean you have to reinforce it, you can instead blow it up giving you line of sight into objective while also preventing enemies from dropping in on you from a floor above as you can take care of them far easier when you are on the same floor as them and roaming around hunting them than you are sitting in a room.

8) It's better to ambush/lay traps near the entrance than it is near the objective as enemies would expect all this stuff near the objective but near the entrance far away from objectives people are less careful.

9) Fuze is actually one of the most noob friendly operator as long as you remember not to Fuze:
A) A room that has a hostage
B) A room that has a teammate
C) A room that is adjacent to a room containing the prior two and has no doors/walls between them

10) Last and most important piece of advice, don't play alone. Always try to play in a full squad but if not then as many people as possible. You will learn so much more by playing with people who are experienced/good than you would by playing yourself or watching videos. If the people you are playing with are great players then you'll improve even more.

I farmed the 50,000 for Jackal and Mira - still haven't bought any Y1 operators.

Hoping they either reduce the renown cost of them or there is a sale on the 20 dollar bundle eventually.

That GIF is amazing.

Excellent job, all from the rooftop too. I don't know about you but I was playing a fair bit of casual yesterday and won pretty much every match - very silly playing on both my teams and theirs.

I did win more than I lost. Still wasn't great. Just mostly played by myself. Less pressure and frustration that way.

Please don't pick Thermite as a beginner, if you die then your entire team loses out. Thermite is an important operator and most teams will need one unless your team work and gunplay skills are good enough to circumvent it, and even in those situations Thermite makes any engagement much easier. You are better off picking Jackal as his ability will let you see if enemies have been around recently and also mark them for you and entire team easily but losing Jackal isn't really that detrimental to the team. He also has the most OP gun in the game at the moment. And Ash is good because she can get rid of traps, open line of sight easily and most of all she has the smallest hitbox and is from the fastest operator class making her the hardest operator to hit in the game by far.

Apart from this I'd like to add:

1) One of the best beginner operators is IQ since her ability will allow you to see equipments and cameras which is a BIG BIG help when you don't know the usual placements for them..even when you do know about the placements is extremely good for countering Valkyrie as a good Valkyrie can carry a team hard so countering her is paramount. It also helps that IQ has a very good primary gun too (552 Commando).

2) If you don't like to enter a room and like to peek from window then Blackbeard is a good pick. His shield isn't as good as it used to be but it can still take two bullets which is equal to two lives (and he gets two of those shields) and if you only peek from Windows and small openings (as you should with Blackbeard) you will win 1v1 engagements most of the time.

2) Always drone ahead before going, do it yourself or ask a teammate. If you are playing as Jackal then you don't need to drone as much and the only time you would really want to drone while playing as him is when you first enter the building.

3) Use Acog sights for every single gun where it's possible to use Acog, you want most of your engagements mid to long range unless you have a shotgun and Acog will help you do that and also allow you to expose yourself much less due to distance.

4) Only reinforce the outer walls, the only times you would want to reinforce an inner wall is if you are taking cover next to a wall that can be breached. When I say outer wall I mean walls that are the outermost part of the house that surround the objective room.

5) If playing bombs then NEVER reinforce the walls between the two bombs, infact if you have a shotgun or a grenade then blow up the walls between the two bombs so that you get line of sight and also open movement between the two objectives. If you don't have a bomb then someone else will probably open it.

6) Sometimes (when defending) it's better to blow up every single wall in a room even if it means leaving the objective room completely open. A prime example of where this should be done is the Kids room in the map House. If you reinforce the walls there or even let the walls stay up then you can't see what's going on inside that room. However if you blow up all the possible walls then you'll get direct line of sight into the room from different parts of the house making it far more riskier for attackers to get in despite the objective room having no one inside and no reinforcements.

7) If you have a hatch above objective room then it doesn't always mean you have to reinforce it, you can instead blow it up giving you line of sight into objective while also preventing enemies from dropping in on you from a floor above as you can take care of them far easier when you are on the same floor as them and roaming around hunting them than you are sitting in a room.

8) It's better to ambush/lay traps near the entrance than it is near the objective as enemies would expect all this stuff near the objective but near the entrance far away from objectives people are less careful.

9) Fuze is actually one of the most noob friendly operator as long as you remember not to Fuze:
A) A room that has a hostage
B) A room that has a teammate
C) A room that is adjacent to a room containing the prior two and has no doors/walls between them

10) Last and most important piece of advice, don't play alone. Always try to play in a full squad but if not then as many people as possible. You will learn so much more by playing with people who are experienced/good than you would by playing yourself or watching videos. If the people you are playing with are great players then you'll improve even more.

that damn kids room. hate defending it, hate attacking it. like that one room on favelas that's like the roof or whatever.

nOoblet16

that damn kids room. hate defending it, hate attacking it. like that one room on favelas that's like the roof or whatever.
I've never had issues with kids room because often when we attack the defending team just either reinforces everything making it piss easy for us or leaves the room but doesn't keep the walls open making it easy for us again. When we defend we open everything up which is not something the enemy team expects. Favela in general is a terrible map, playing bomb on that map is absolute worst.

I also disagree with the sentiments that reinforcements isn't important as much these days because of two operators being able to blow it up. The fact is, even if the enemy team has both of those operators, they can still blow a max of 3 holes for enemies to pass through, that still leaves a lot of walls that you can use for cover. Beside the most important thing to remember is that if a wall is reinforced then that delays the enemy, even if it gets taken down eventually. Sure a Thatcher/Twitch can take down mute/shockwires but they can't do that forever and for all reinforcements..Meaning you are still able to funnel the enemy down a certain path.

BPK

Just got the game and am really digging it, although man the learning curve is high.

Anyways, what's the best way to get the Year 1 DLC operators? Is it worth getting all of them or would it be better to grind and spend 25,000 credits on the best two or three?

nOoblet16

Y1 operators really should cost much less now or have reduced price for Y1 season pass, instead of 25,000 renown or full price season pass it's not fair on new players and getting new players is what Ubisoft wants for this game. Out of the DLC Y1 operators, you should probably get Buck, Frost, Valkyrie, Hibana and Caviera and maybe Capitao. That's 150,000 Renown and it'll take a long time (about a month or more perhaps) to get that if you play 2-3 hours 5 days a week). Especially if you also spend renown in the mean time on attachments and other original operators.

Unfortunately, my suggestion would be to get Y1 pass and use the renown for Y2 operators. Otherwise you'll be lagging behind in terms of operators for a while unless you play a lot. And you really would want to have a decent pool of operators available to change stuff up for fun and also to be useful when situation demands.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I asked the community manager on the subreddit if there were any plans to reduce the Y1 operator renown cost and he replied "Not at the moment, no."

Seems like a misstep - but the game has a decent model for obtaining DLC with free currency so I can't feel too bad about it.

Top Bottom