• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will The Elder Scrolls VI have dragons?

Älg

If TES: VI has dragons and/or base building I won't buy it.

That's a joke.
But not about the base building.

Probably not, I mean, at least it wouldn't make sense, considering Skyrim's plot.

Then again, we are talking about the company that copy/pasted the ending of Fallout 3 onto the BoS ending of Fallout 4.

Älg;237415764 said:
If TES: VI has dragons and/or base building I won't buy it.

That's a joke.
But not about the base building.

Base building would be fine if it was only a few locations and didn't dilute the amount of actual cities.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Probably not, I mean, at least it wouldn't make sense, considering Skyrim's plot.

Then again, we are talking about the company that copy/pasted the ending of Fallout 3 onto the BoS ending of Fallout 4.

Well, they could do it at a different point in the timeline. They arent all sequential are they?

Älg

Base building would be fine if it was only a few locations and didn't dilute the amount of actual cities.

The issue, for me at least, is that it creates this whole system of micro management that is really hard to ignore. In my opinion it doesn't mend well with the rest of the experience, and even if it did it probably wouldn't have been more fun.

But this is off topic.

Malrend

Naah.

Dragons are a very small part of the TES universe.
As such they'll probably remain a Skyrim-exclusive thing.. Bar TES:A - Redguard, but no one remembers that one anyway.

Maybe a few, as big bosses or optional quest kind things.

The whole "Dragons being everywhere" thing was a distinctly Skyrim thing (what the main story was all about).

I mean, I'm not against it, but I'm not enthused about it either. The Skyrim Dragons after the first 1-2 were rather underwhelming IMO. For something that were supposed to inspire terror as being unstoppable killing machines, they were pretty weak even to bands of regular soldiers. There should have been 3 of them, immensely challenging to fight as they wiped out armies, and you only barely pulled off the victory. Instead after the first couple and a few levels, they were just a cash source for their bones.

Elder Scrolls VI will take place way in the past and you will play an unnamed explorer and builder who happens upon the barren land of Tamriel, inhabited only by dragons.

You then spend the next 100+ hours systematically clearing out dragons from fields and caves while building the towns that you visited in the other games.

When you lay the final brick the game plays a montage of your achievement as it decays, is destroyed, and rebuilt over the ages.
The end.

jennetics

I hope they keep dragons in VI but not like they were in Skyrim. I'm thinking like Smaug sized, but only like 1 or 2 of those total in the game. Make them like guardians of something...idk something generic like that :)

Top Bottom